Re: The Official Leeds United FC
My first season ticket was in 93 and I cant really remember much of the first couple of years. Gives me about 20 years to pick from.
1. Paul Robinson
2. Gary Kelly 4. Jonathon Woodgate 5. Lucas Radebe 3. Ian Harte
7. Harry Kewell 8. Lee Bowyer 6. Gary McAllister 11. Gary Speed
9. Mark Viduka 10. Tony Yeboah
1. From his break through for the first few years at Leeds, he was absolutely class. Still a very good keeper but them first years he was sensational. Not quite sure what happened, confidence maybe, but never been quite the same.
2. Named my dog after him. Loved an overlap, ever present for years and Leeds through and through.
3. Good defender, good player, unbelievable left foot. The Irish Roberto Carlos.
4. Just a brilliant natural talent. Had it all, pace, strength, reading of the game. Injury stopped him from being an England regular.
5. Was torn for a partner for Woody. Rio was class, Matteo a legend, Wetherall for the header against the Scum, but ultimately I couldn't leave one of the all time greats out. Still sing his name every game at Elland Road, and I'm sure that will be the case in 20 years time.
6. Again torn for this spot, David Batty, Erik Bakke and even Oliver Dacourt all notable mentions. Had to be big Gary in the end though.
7. Controversial for a number of reasons this. Had I been a couple years older would have been easy I suppose with Gordon Strachan. Harry Kewell was my favourite player for a long time. Literally an idol. So much pace and skill, just really exciting to watch. Then he went where he went, said what he said, and things have never been forgotten. He was also a left winger not a right winger, but in todays game I think he'd be a real handful cutting in and running at players.
8. For the years 2000 and 2001 and I don't think there was a better attacking midfielder in England. He was insanely good. Just a shame he was a bit of an idiot off the pitch. He would run forever, great first touch, great end product, and got stuck in big time. Was at the centre of most good things Leeds did, and scored some important goals.
9. Genius. One of the best natural talents I've ever seen. Bit porky but it didn't matter. Bags ofskill, killer finisher, and just had that llittle something special.
10. Foot like a traction engine. Never had anything like him before or since. Don't remember everything he did but the things I do are different class. Notable others include Robbie Keane, Alan Smith and big Jimmy!
11. Gary Speed. No more needs to be said. Trickery, wicked left foot, ridiculous aerial ability. Met him a couple of times as well and he was just an all round nice guy. He got 11 minutes solid chants at the game vs Derby on Saturday, so long after he last featured at Leeds. Says it all for me.