Sign in to follow this  
EdMoses

The Greatest - Nominations Thread

Re: The Greatest - Nominations Thread

See page one for the updated list. Really starting to see some interesting stuff now - for instance, someone like Giggs or Gerrard ā€“ current players ā€“ doing better than C Ronaldo who many would have up there with Messi as the best of the current players in the world.

All of that is a side show to the top of the nominations where Zidane is really holding his own up there with Pele. Hopefully still along way to go though.

Is everyone happy to stick with the 15 nominations and your on the shortlist? I ask because it appears that the way I have asked for nominations is already a fair reflection of voting ā€“ Iā€™m quite happy to simply let this tick on as is instead of drawing up a shortlist and asking folks to vote yet again.

Any feedback is welcome folks!

Thought I'd steer away from the norm.......so my ten nominees are

Davie Cooper

(fat) Ronaldo

Zidane

Jim Baxter

Arthur Numan

Del Piero

Alan Shearer

Paulo Maldini

Michael Mols

Brian Laudrup

Paul Gascoigne

Thats 11 my old son - Who am i leaving out? For me Arthur Numan peaked with his seminal 80's hit Cars but its your choice. :D

Kewell........Sheree's time of the month ;):P

What an utter scum bag to have in an avatar :mad:

At last a King Kenny vote - ws hoping but not expecting!

Updated mate' date=' cheers[/quote']

In the original post, who is the Ronaldo... Luis I hope?

What an utter scum bag to have in an avatar :mad:

Is it weird that I completely blank out that he used to play for us? Have no clue why' date=' maybe that whole Champions League "i'm injured, oh hang on we won? I'm well again" thing didnt help. In truth he is largely forgetable, regardless of how well he did aged 21 at Leeds.

In the original post, who is the Ronaldo... Luis I hope?

But of course, no way that slimey winker would get a vote from me. Pompous, ego-testical that he is.

Is it weird that I completely blank out that he used to play for us? Have no clue why' date=' maybe that whole Champions League "i'm injured, oh hang on we won? I'm well again" thing didnt help. In truth he is largely forgetable, regardless of how well he did aged 21 at Leeds. [/quote']

He was awesome for us. Like many members of that Leeds side, they were never quite the same after they left. It was his move after his unsuccessful stint with you lot though that will ensure that he is never welcome around Leeds ever again.

But of course' date=' no way that slimey winker would get a vote from me. Pompous, ego-testical that he is.[/quote']

Yeah I knew who you would have voted for, but he has ten votes overall and CR has 0. That is a little surprising so maybe some people have been meaning him but big Luis took all the votes? If you get that...

All updated - a flurry of votes there - cheers guys

Yeah I knew who you would have voted for' date=' but he has ten votes overall and CR has 0. That is a little surprising so maybe some people have been meaning him but big Luis took all the votes? If you get that...[/quote']

I dont think so - C Ronaldo has been listed since very early and just got his third vote. Theres a chance that Luis has nabbed vote but I dont think so as many of those that voted for him preempted it with Brazillian, Fat, Real etc - in addition many voted for both the real and the fake Ronaldo.

Pele says Lionel Messi is not the greatest ever player

_58014086_messi.jpg

Brazil legend Pele says Barcelona's Argentina star Lionel Messi has a long way to go to be considered his rival as the greatest player of all time.

Messi, 24, has won Fifa's Ballon d'Or for the best player in the world for a third successive year.

But Pele thinks he needs to improve for Argentina and score more goals.

Continue reading the main story

He's a great player for Barcelona, but when he plays for Argentina he doesn't have the same success

Pele on Messi

"When Messi's scored 1,283 goals like me, when he's won three World Cups, we'll talk about it," Pele told French newspaper Le Monde.

Messi has won the Champions League three times with Barcelona, as well as five league Spanish league titles.

But his only triumph with the national team was at the 2008 Olympics - while Pele's Brazil won the World Cup in 1958, 1962 and 1970.

The 71-year-old said: "I like Messi a lot, he's a great player. Technically, we're practically at the same level.

"He's a great player for Barcelona, but when he plays for Argentina he doesn't have the same success.

"People always ask me: 'When is the new Pele going to be born?' Never. My father and mother have closed the factory."

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16661825.stm