Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

lincvillan

0,,10265%7E8953657,00.gif

Aston Villa have always loved bringing through home grown players from Toney Daley, Gordan Cowans (now Coach at Villa), Ian Taylor, Gary Shaw through to Liam Ridgewell, Peter Whittingham and Steven Davies.

Then onto the generation before now, Gabby Agbonlahor, Marc Albrighton, Ciaran Clark, Barry Bannan, Nathan Baker, Eric Lichaj, Chris Herd and Nathan Delfouneso.

Now here's the NEXT generation

Gary Gardner credit to Magic J for the thread:

gary-gardner-905727536.jpg

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=71278

Jordan Graham

0,,10265%7E10033394,00.jpg

Already done in my thread here:http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=107828

Michael Drennan0,,10265%7E10312839,00.jpg

A young Irish striker who is impressing at reserve team level this year,

An extract from the Aston Villa website

"When Michael Drennan began his scholarship with Villa last term, academy manager Bryan Jones described the Irishman as a striker who "scores goals for fun." The teenager from Kilkenny certainly lived up to that billing in 2010-11 with 10 goals in the Barclays Premier Academy League as well as one for the club's reserve side.

That strike for the second string in the early-season win over Blackpool was particularly memorable - a delicate chip over the goalkeeper just moments after coming on as a substitute.

Drennan, who had huge potential as a hurling player before heading to England to pursue his Premier League dream, has already made a big impression on the international stage.

He scored goals for Republic of Ireland U16s against Israel and Denmark at the end of 2009 before hitting a hat-trick against the Czech Republic.

The fox in the box went on to receive Ireland's U16 player of the year award and was later called up to the U17 side for the European Championship Elite qualification group.

Drennan turned 17 in February 2011 and celebrated his birthday by singing his first professional contract with Villa."

Rating Prediction for the future : 87+

Daniel Johnson

danieljohnson_20110928.jpg

A young Edgar Davids type centeral midfielder (not just because of the hair!) who has impressed alot after signing from Crystal Place 3years ago he has played an instrumental part in guiding villa to a knockout round tie against Marseille (this wednesday) in the Next-Gen Series.

Extract from Avfc.co.uk

A whirlwind 2010-11 campaign for Daniel Johnson saw him skipper a title-winning youth side, break into the reserves and make it into Villa's first team squad.

The Jamaican-born midfield dynamo featured sparingly in the first year of his scholarship with the club's renowned Academy.

But extra responsibility was placed on Johnson last term when U18 coach Tony McAndrew handed him the captain's armband.

He thrived on the challenge and went from strength to strength.

Midfield players who can chip in with goals are invaluable and Johnson netted 12 times in all competitions.

The term 'driving force' is perfect to describe the talented 18-year-old, who is a major goal threat with his surging runs from the central ground.

As well as leading Villa to the Barclays Premier Academy League Group B title, he was an inspiration during the FA Youth Cup campaign.

A trademark left-foot strike from the edge of the box in round four against Peterborough crowned a true captain's performance and ignited a cup run that would see the young lions reach the semi-finals.

If his season wasn't action packed enough already, Johnson also made 13 appearances for the reserves and signed a one-year contract extension.

By the time he penned his new deal in February the man known as DJ to his team-mates had already caught the eye of Gerard Houllier.

The Frenchman had no hesitation in calling upon Johnson to make a surprise appearance amongst the substitutes for the Carling Cup tie against Burnley in October after Stephen Ireland's late withdrawal through injury.

He kept his place on the bench for the next two Barclays Premier League games against Blackpool and Manchester United.

Despite his meteoric rise to the cusp of senior stardom, Johnson's true golden moment came in the final U18 game of the season when his two penalties sealed a win at Chelsea which confirmed Villa as league champions.

Predicted Future Rating 88+

Jack Grealish

jack-grealish1.jpg

An Irish Jewel in the AVFC crown, young Jack Grealish has a great dribbling ability and vision to make a killer pass. He has player bits and ends in Aston Villa's Next-Gen Series campaign so far, but he looks the real deal with such raw talent he has a very good future in the game!

Predicted future rating 89+

Graham Burke

0,,10265%7E9988060,00.jpg

Another Irish Jewel for Aston Villa is young forward Graham Burke, he is an Agbonlahor type forward who is very quick and can finish he is a regular at reserve team level and made the bench for the Liverpool home fixture this season, expect to see alot in the next year or so from this Irish forward!!

Predicted future rating 88+

Callum Robinson

0,,10265%7E10050388,00.jpgThis young english forward is a very good prospect from the AVFC academy who is moddled on current Villa number 9 Darren Bent.

He has a knack of getting in the right place at the right time and has already been training with the first team this season, will be a while till he gets a chance with the likes of Bent, Agbonlahor, Weimann and Delfouneso in front of him at the minute.

Extract from Avfc.co.uk

Exciting attacker Callum Robinson was Villa's secret weapon during the 2010-11 FA Youth Cup campaign.

The England U16 ace was the super sub in the fourth round extra-time victory over Peterborough United and again in round five against Leeds United with important strikes in both games.

Regular followers of Villa's U18 team got an early glimpse of the forward's ability when he struck two goals in a 6-0 victory over MK Dons in September 2010.

Robinson went on to bag further goals in league wins over Birmingham City and Crystal Palace to take his overall tally for the season to six.

He almost capped a fine debut for the reserves, in a 1-0 defeat at Wigan, by scoring but was foiled by a fine save from Latics goalkeeper Lee Nicholls.

Robinson made a further appearance for the second string against Everton at Hinckley in March 2011.

Predicted future rating 87+

Thanks for reading this hope you enjoyed it and it may be a while till these players are on the DB but they will be worth the wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

nice work lincvillain!!! Have you seen any of these youngsters playing at all??? :);) Being the man in the know when it comes to Villa' date=' do you plan to add them to the DB yourself?? If poss, can you update as and when they breakthrough please :);) Thanks[/quote']

ive seen a couple of them play in the next-gen series (johnson, Gardner, drennan, Graham and to a lesser extent Grealish.

Haha i wouldn't say that mate :) well to be honest none of them have broken through into the first team yet, might give it a go today tho.

Yeah I sure will mate :)

Quick Update...

Samir Carruthers is in the squad for the second game running so hopefully he will make the bench against Man City today!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update... not searched to see if someone's already done a report on him BUT I thought i'd do a write up anyway...

Andreas Weimann

DOB: 15 August 1991 (20)

Nationality: Austrian AT.gif

Previous Clubs: Youth: Austria Viena 2005-2007

Aston Villa 2007- 2010

Present Club: Aston Villa

Shirt Number: 26

SM DB Rating: 80

Andy Weimann is a young Austrian Forward who has been at Aston Villa since 2007, his play is a mixture between Ole Solskjaer and Paul Dickov...

Eg. Lots of closing down, Tenacious player BUT has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

He has had 2 spells on loan away from Villa Park at Watford in the English Championship (Old Division 1) playing 20 games in total and scoring 4 times (across 2 spells).

He's played 7 games so far for Villa and came on today for Charles N'zogbia and played 23 minutes...... last kick of the game and he popped up with his first goal for us :D

he's a cracking prospect and Mcleish has said he wants to use him more.

With us Virtually safe from relegation (I hope), I think we will see more of him!!

By the way...

Jordan Graham has signed a full time contract with Aston Villa now signing a two year pro deal!

He could well be getting a game at some point!!

cheers for reading :)

Riferimento: Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

Quick Update... not searched to see if someone's already done a report on him BUT I thought i'd do a write up anyway...

Andreas Weimann

DOB: 15 August 1991 (20)

Nationality: Austrian AT.gif

Previous Clubs: Youth: Austria Viena 2005-2007

Aston Villa 2007- 2010

Present Club: Aston Villa

Shirt Number: 26

SM DB Rating: 80

Andy Weimann is a young Austrian Forward who has been at Aston Villa since 2007' date=' his play is a mixture between Ole Solskjaer and Paul Dickov...

Eg. Lots of closing down, Tenacious player BUT has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

He has had 2 spells on loan away from Villa Park at Watford in the English Championship (Old Division 1) playing 20 games in total and scoring 4 times (across 2 spells).

He's played 7 games so far for Villa and came on today for Charles N'zogbia and played 23 minutes...... last kick of the game and he popped up with his first goal for us :D

he's a cracking prospect and Mcleish has said he wants to use him more.

With us Virtually safe from relegation (I hope), I think we will see more of him!!

By the way...

Jordan Graham has signed a full time contract with Aston Villa now signing a two year pro deal!

He could well be getting a game at some point!!

cheers for reading :)[/quote']

I have to take Andreas Weimann?

Is a good player for the future?

I buy it?

PS:And other players for the future?max 19 years which play in Premier League..

Thanks..

Re: Riferimento: Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

I have to take Andreas Weimann?

Is a good player for the future?

I buy it?

PS:And other players for the future?max 19 years which play in Premier League..

Thanks..

hmmm well for now i wouldnt buy him until we see if he gets some more game time... he's had a very good start!

I'd definitly Buy Chris Herd from aston villa and Gary Gardner, you have Oxlade Chamberlain, Adam Henley, Josh McEachran to get for now but theres a few plays not on the Database yet!

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

hmmm well for now i wouldnt buy him until we see if he gets some more game time... he's had a very good start!

I'd definitly Buy Chris Herd from aston villa and Gary Gardner' date=' you have Oxlade Chamberlain, Adam Henley, Josh McEachran to get for now but theres a few plays not on the Database yet![/quote']

Ok thanks,so I should wait?

But then if I take the other? ..He is in a outside team..

And Chris Herd?He is also outside,I take it?

Thanks..;)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Future!

Ok thanks' date='so I should wait?

But then if I take the other? ..He is in a outside team..

And Chris Herd?He is also outside,I take it?

Thanks..;)[/quote']

Definitly take Gary Gardner he shud rise to around 82/83 next changes and hopefully the same with Chris Herd, both are getting games for Aston Villa!! and as i say i'd wait and see if Weimann gets more games :)

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Aston Villa - Talents for The Futu

Definitly take Gary Gardner he shud rise to around 82/83 next changes and hopefully the same with Chris Herd' date=' both are getting games for Aston Villa!! and as i say i'd wait and see if Weimann gets more games :)[/quote']

ok,and then for Weimann aspect..ok

Thank you very much...

Aspect new news for their..:D;)

• 3 weeks later...

Update time

Jack Grealish has been assigned the number 41 shirt and could be on the bench against Chelsea this weekend!

if he gets on my advice would be snap him up, he's like a young damien duff, can turn the defenders inside out with his passing and technical ability!

• 3 weeks later...

Samir Carruthers, an English-born, Irish footballer of Moroccan and Italian descent who is also an Irish under 19 international has now made late substitute appearances against Liverpool and Man Utd. According to my wireless, he is a diminutive player who is showing some nice touches and looking very lively.

Samir Carruthers' date=' an English-born, Irish footballer of Moroccan and Italian descent who is also an Irish under 19 international has now made late substitute appearances against Liverpool and Man Utd. According to my wireless, he is a diminutive player who is showing some nice touches and looking very lively.[/quote']

Agreed in the game v Liverpool he should have been awarded a penalty.... more contact on him than on that tackle on Judas young lol