Will Mario Gomez rise?

Re: Will Mario Gomez rise?

Bayern Munich are having a descent season and Gomez is the leading Bundeliga scorer. Do you guys think he will rise to 93? All feedback is much appreciated' date=' thank you![/quote']

I think he should have risen in the last changes, his goals to games ratio in 2011 was as good as Messi, ronaldo and Van Persie and two of them rose so he should definitely hit 94 this time round.

• 1 month later...

all the admirers of gomez saying his goal ratio is equal to messi tell me one thing,are his goals similar to the class of messi??ribery comes rusing from the left and gomez finishes it in an empty goal....why does he deserves a 94 well u will say that xavi and iniesta supoort messi...they do but messi's goals are way better then gomez

all the admirers of gomez saying his goal ratio is equal to messi tell me one thing' date='are his goals similar to the class of messi??ribery comes rusing from the left and gomez finishes it in an empty goal....why does he deserves a 94 well u will say that xavi and iniesta supoort messi...they do but messi's goals are way better then gomez[/quote']

they are different types of players, Gomez is in the side as a CF to score goals, and the likes of Robben Ribery etc contribute with goals and assists for him. My comment was about goals to games, quality of them is not taken into account in SM terms. i hardly think the SM mods sit there and think i wont rise player "A" because his goals are not of the same quality of player "B" so on a SM ratings basis your comment is not particularly relevant nor helpful.

all the admirers of gomez saying his goal ratio is equal to messi tell me one thing' date='are his goals similar to the class of messi??ribery comes rusing from the left and gomez finishes it in an empty goal....why does he deserves a 94 well u will say that xavi and iniesta supoort messi...they do but messi's goals are way better then gomez[/quote']

Are you out of your mind? Messi is the best player in the world so it really is a big ask to want every player to score goals of similar class in order to get 94. One of the worst comparisons I have ever seen on this forum.

Gomez is and out and out center forward.

His job is to score goals and he does this week in week out. In the Champions league, one of the top 5 leagues and at international level.

He should of been 94 in December nevermind getting his 94 this time.

well sorry i take my words backk

Don't worry bud happens to the best of us :)

I once indicated that Robben was overrated because of his injuries (lack of consistency) -you should have seen the slaughter then :)

Gomez is and out and out center forward.

His job is to score goals and he does this week in week out. In the Champions league' date=' one of the top 5 leagues and at international level.

He should of been 94 in December nevermind getting his 94 this time.[/quote']

Agreed -was wondering what's his international record like?

Gomez should easily be rated 94 by now, SM really irritates me with player ratings some times.

Van Persie is 94 and while he has done outstanding this season and the last half of the season before he has not done as well previous to that. he has been out injured for a lot of his Arsenal career.

Higuain is 94 and he has done very well this season considering his limited playing time, as he did last season. The two seasons before is where he really excelled for Madrid and earned his top class player name. So that is two seasons at an exceptional level and two at a good level.

Aguero is 94 and has done well for Man City this year and did well for A.Madrid in the last two years.

Gomez is 93 yet has done extremely well this year and last year, ok in his first year with Bayern. Extremely well in his last three years with Stuttgart. So in the last 6 years he has had 5 very good seasons and 1 ok season, compared to others at a 94 rating who have had a maximum of 4 very good seasons, some only two!

I think that who ever actualy does the SM ratings buy's into hype a little too much some times and over rates the different leagues. I would no longer say the EPL is the stand alone best league in the world, you only have to look at how the top english sides have compared against the other top european sides to see that.

It's time to start rating players on there individual merrit rather that what team they play in, i.e Busquets at Barcelona, or what league they play in. Bayern have been very strong for the last 3 years and have kept improving, they are 3rd favourites for the champions league behind Real and Barce. I believe that they aren't that far from being able to beat those two teams either.

what has happened to these rating changes?

Mario Gomez still only a 93.. He should be 95 by now..

I think he should have risen this last set of player rating changes - if you go to player ratings on your squad page, it says that his rating has risen on 23 March 2012... but it is still 93...

Have sent a ticket to SM - I urge you to do the same if you have him.

I think he should have risen this last set of player rating changes - if you go to player ratings on your squad page' date=' it says that his rating has risen on 23 March 2012... but it is still 93...

Have sent a ticket to SM - I urge you to do the same if you have him.[/quote']

It must be just you because it doesn't say that in my player ratings section.