Sign in to follow this  
Ryans Tornado

WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

Re: WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

a real shame that the POOR economy is a let down, can only think of a transfer window to stop the gulf opening up between clubs but that's too late now, and only a short term option.

a real shame that the POOR economy is a let down' date=' can only think of a transfer window to stop the gulf opening up between clubs but that's too late now, and only a short term option.[/quote']

It brings a bit of realism to the table tho . The smaller teams had the opportunity to start with the same amount of money and buy some real talents . In real life big clubs would automatically have more money to spend on players :)

It brings a bit of realism to the table tho . The smaller teams had the opportunity to start with the same amount of money and buy some real talents . In real life big clubs would automatically have more money to spend on players :)

Nothing against the big teams but with the amount of money they will make(1.5-2mil) at home and around 500k to 1mil for away matches meaning what ever hot talent that comes out they can pay for and us little teams wont have no one decent to buy lol Im only making 78k at home and will lose around 100k at away.Meaning no profit at end of the season.

EDIT- With that 78k ive bought a rated 72 Fwd and a rated 70 CB/Rb for depth,I do believe this league does reflect on real life with the money.But i dont like it as im a small team. :P

Nothing against the big teams but with the amount of money they will make(1.5-2mil) at home and around 500k to 1mil for away matches meaning what ever hot talent that comes out they can pay for and us little teams wont have no one decent to buy lol Im only making 78k at home and will lose around 100k at away.Meaning no profit at end of the season.

EDIT- With that 78k ive bought a rated 72 Fwd and a rated 70 CB/Rb for depth' date='I do believe this league does reflect on real life with the money.But i dont like it as im a small team. :P[/quote']

This is true, but will the big sides bother with talent? If we are making a million a game then surely it's a race to see who saves up the most and who gets the big players first. That's when the low economy takes effect. How long do you put off making the big signings that will turn your 1 million profit a turn to 200k. Which will then in turn slow your development and require you to sell before you buy.

I think it adds another sense of tactics to the game. The big teams will scramble over Messi etc as they usually do. But the smaller ones will be left the talent and the lesser players, as is true in real life.

Guest <klhepworth.

Tipped for promotion? I think not! Wait until league 1 and 2 are reviewed' date=' and then we'll see who's tipped for relegation! :P[/quote']

In about a year and a half!

Arsenal News

Free Agent Jake LIVERMORE has completed his move to Arsenal for 1,740,000

I expect one more bid to be accepted withing the next few hours . I could save up for bigger players , but to get there I need quick options to be able to get stay up and maybe even get a Champions League place :)

Lost 0-1 to Malaga ' date=' but all I care about is how my Balance looks .. 4.5M after two consecutive home games , bit unfair :D[/quote']

You really got some money? I got nothing from yesterdays game,but probably Because I was playing away (I think). :D

i dont find the money situation realistic at all.

it has , within one week shown that all the work put in to getting a good squad together with 10M was a waste of time.

the top teams will have ,in the 3rd season , one that barcelona cant afford in real life.

the only sad reality is that it shows that SM dont want any league to last beyond 3 seasons, that wouldnt make them any money.

it wouldnt be too much of a problem if all the managers stay in the set up but reality is that some will quit when they cant win and it will become hard to get new managers in to take the small clubs.

it has ' date=' within one week shown that all the work put in to getting a good squad together with 10M was a waste of time.

the top teams will have ,in the 3rd season , one that barcelona cant afford in real life.

the only sad reality is that it shows that SM dont want any league to last beyond 3 seasons, that wouldnt make them any money.

it wouldnt be too much of a problem if all the managers stay in the set up but reality is that some will quit when they cant win and it will become hard to get new managers in to take the small clubs.[/quote']

I agree,but There must be some difference between for example United and some club from div 5..Lets just hope that no1 will leave so fast.

Right' date=' because the seasons are short, we only have room for 1 cup. But, with the friendlies, we could have a 2nd cup. People have seen this in other setups and they have been successful.

[u']My suggestion:[/u]

Same format as the other cup - Knockout (Only 7 weeks in the calendar).

Games will be played every Saturday, leaving room for replays on Wednesdays. If there are draws in the replays, then we need some sort of tie-breaker.

Since we have 40 teams. 24 will have byes into the last 32. The other 16 will play in the 1st round and 8 go through into the last 32.

Round 1: 3rd March

Last 32: 10th March

Last 16: 17th March

Quarter Finals: 24th March

Semi Finals: 31st March

Final: 7th April

Thoughts?

when do we get started.... sooner the better if you ask me, also i think this set up is perfect! get cracking boss! not got long til 3rd march!

Wow!! Highest average value in gameworld, joint highest ave. player rating (as of 26 Feb), promotion favourites.... and get duffed 4-0 in the opening game.

Ar well, not losing heart, gonna prove the Rybet odds right and turn our fortunes around :D

COME ON YOU OWLS!!!

it has ' date=' within one week shown that all the work put in to getting a good squad together with 10M was a waste of time.

it wouldnt be too much of a problem if all the managers stay in the set up but reality is that some will quit when they cant win and it will become hard to get new managers in to take the small clubs.[/quote']

It's Unfair.Its gonna take all the smaller clubs like 4 seasons to make that 10mil back by Revenue and we have to sell our best players.But the big teams in the SMFA competition and Div 1 competition are making 2mil every Home game and it will take like 6 games to get 10mil back.

and @Will i really do believe that the big teams will go for the hot talents as they have the money too and they can make the money back in there next home game and the smaller clubs wont be able to get the money to buy them for cheap as the teams making loads of money can pay silly amounts.Trust me they will not let a decent youth go,they will want to buy them when no one eles is bidding.Tbh it just makes it harder for us little teams to get a decent squad.

It's Unfair.Its gonna take all the smaller clubs like 4 seasons to make that 10mil back by Revenue and we have to sell our best players.But the big teams in the SMFA competition and Div 1 competition are making 2mil every Home game and it will take like 6 games to get 10mil back.

and @Will i really do believe that the big teams will go for the hot talents as they have the money too and they can make the money back in there next home game and the smaller clubs wont be able to get the money to buy them for cheap as the teams making loads of money can pay silly amounts.Trust me they will not let a decent youth go' date='they will want to buy them when no one eles is bidding.Tbh it just makes it harder for us little teams to get a decent squad.[/quote']

I understand what you wanna say,I think that bigger clubs must get more money than smaller clubs,but still I think that we are getting too much (I still did not get as much money as other managers,because I played both games away).2M from 1 game is too much,but still that is a way that SM works.. :/

It is hard to sort of fix, Windows would just result in teams saving £12m+ and then go for big players.

Division 3 Team

200k a Home Game

50k an Away Game

250k x 8 = £2m.

Division 1 Team

2m a Home Game....

Need I say more? In one season a small club makes the same as a Division 1 Team makes in one game. I'd say realistic though, just means a tougher challenge. Going for all those Peru Players that go up from 10k to 90k.