Sign in to follow this  
Ryans Tornado

WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

Guest drseanfitz

Re: WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

65M has been invested in my club .. and now Will is bidding on all the big players I shortlisted .. is he actually serious ?? Lads ' date=' what do we do ?? :o:o:o[/quote']

well he's offline at the moment, so probably bid before the transfer restriction was discussed. Send him a message and I'm sure he'll withdraw if thats the plan

well he's offline at the moment' date=' so probably bid before the transfer restriction was discussed. Send him a message and I'm sure he'll withdraw if thats the plan[/quote']

Will do , but the thing is .. what do we do with the money !! Is the Cap in place now ? :)

The chairman has decided to invest a further £21,721,689 into Crystal Palace.

just popped on here after seeing i got some cash!

already put in a few bids... but i'll wait and see whats happening with cap and such things....

@ Ryan can you pm in game as i might not see it on here til tomorrow

Sorry lads saw the cash in this morning and thought i'd have a spending spree :P

Offers have been withdrawn. I would suggest a ratings cap but if we have 60 million then all the 88 and under talent would be ravaged by the time any of the lower league sides get to sell their players.

Maybe we should work out how much everyone has got and somehow transfer it? For instance having 60 mill i should use a third of that, so 20 mill to help the smaller clubs by buying their players in ten weeks for maximum cash cash amounts if they want to.

Something like that could work well?

I'm not spending it on big players.

I take it you don't consider Isco a big player ? .. Ahh , I'm just not gonna bother lads :)

Ohh no , my bad .. I just realized you are going for Jones and Welbeck as well .. off you go ;)

Here is my proposal:

You may only spend £X million pounds per season + whatever money you get from sales.

All other money you receive (from injections, tickets, prizes) you must keep and not spend.

Big clubs like me, who already spend some ticket money on one or two players may only spend £X million pounds - money already spent.

I would recommend X be £3.5 million. Everyone may spend £3.5 million + money from selling players for the rest of the season. I can only spend £2.3 million for the rest of the season, because I already spent £1.2 million on Thomas Delaney.

This works very well to stop the big teams having too much more of an advantage (at most £3.5 million) BUT it requires cooperation from everyone and a glance at the transfers in and out by Ryan at the end of every season check no one is cheating. It also fits into the idea of England being skint if we can only spend a tiny amount of our clubs profits. Perhaps we could say that the rest is servicing the terrible debts all our teams have?

Edit: For God's sake don't bid on anyone before Ryan has decided what he wants to do!

That sounds a little too complicated and a bit limiting. I would favour a way that we bigger clubs could give cash to the lower leagues. Perhaps setting aside half of this cash to give them max cash offers.

Or a number of players cap at 25/30 or something maybe?

Spending caps would be impossible to monitor imo.

Also, I would turn off SMFA competitions as imo they give way too much cash for no reason.

That sounds a little too complicated and a bit limiting. I would favour a way that we bigger clubs could give cash to the lower leagues. Perhaps setting aside half of this cash to give them max cash offers.

Or a number of players cap at 25/30 or something maybe?

Spending caps would be impossible to monitor imo.

Also' date=' I would turn off SMFA competitions as imo they give way too much cash for no reason.[/quote']

Not really complicated - just £3.5 million + players sales.

Its supposed to be limited - When England Became Skint. It would be boring as hell if we all could spend £30 million now, after carefully building sides for just £10 million.

Not really complicated - just £3.5 million + players sales.

Its supposed to be limited - When England Became Skint. It would be boring as hell if we all could spend £30 million now' date=' after carefully building sides for just £10 million.[/quote']

you could even stagger it for lower divisions to benefit??? which will mean potential better teams will rise through the divisions so not always a safe bet in div 1

div 1 - 3.5

div 2 - 4

div 3 - 4.5

etc

you could even stagger it for lower divisions to benefit??? which will mean potential better teams will rise through the divisions so not always a safe bet in div 1

div 1 - 3.5

div 2 - 4

div 3 - 4.5

etc

Yeah that could work actually. Make it harder to stay afloat in Division 1 than in the others to keep it interesting.

Not been posting on here, but i am still around. A few risers at Charlton.

Karl Sheppard 75 - 78

Thomas Ince 75 - 80

Liam Bridcutt 75 - 82

Marvin Bartley 72 - 78.

Lost my first game 2 - 1 against MK Dons. My goal came from Sheppard (66), while MK Dons goal's came from Lallana (36) and Hines (60).

Up against Notts County tonight.

I've not recieved any cash injection. :(

not seen if millwall have been given money.

the only way around this that i can think of is

cash only deals

no spending more than 2M on any player

and a squad limit of 26-30 players.

that could keep teams even for this season.

then i would ask SM 'what the fcuk are they playing at'

hope for some ideas that can be put in place when you start the second season

not seen if millwall have been given money.

the only way around this that i can think of is

cash only deals

no spending more than 2M on any player

and a squad limit of 26-30 players.

that could keep teams even for this season.

then i would ask SM 'what the fcuk are they playing at'

hope for some ideas that can be put in place when you start the second season

How about:-

1.) Maximum spend on one player of 5 million.

2.) Third of the investment to be invested in the lower leagues in ten weeks, by paying maximum amount for players.

3.) 35 man squad limit.

Or something like this maybe?

How about:-

1.) Maximum spend on one player of 5 million.

2.) Third of the investment to be invested in the lower leagues in ten weeks' date=' by paying maximum amount for players.

3.) 35 man squad limit.

Or something like this maybe?[/quote']

Agree with 1st one but maybe 3mil and less . But 2nd one , the 1st div team have to buy their players ? How about 30+ year old player ? I dont think any of 1st div team want them . And 35 man squad limit including those players from low div ?

Whats wrong with SM , i never seen this kind of investment before . :confused:

Agree with 1st one but maybe 3mil and less . But 2nd one ' date=' the 1st div team have to buy their players ? How about 30+ year old player ? I dont think any of 1st div team want them . And 35 man squad limit including those players from low div ?

Whats wrong with SM , i never seen this kind of investment before . :confused:[/quote']

If each team that got an investment spent a third of it buying 2/3 players from the lower leagues that could work. These would then go on top of any limit until they could be sold.

It would give the lower divisions maximum cash on the players they wanted to sell and possibly even the divide even a tad. It wouldn't be a case of the top teams wanting these players, they would buy them for the good of the setup.

Why have teams been given money? I've never seen it happen before?

I haven't been given any by the way :)

Maybe one way around it is to spend all of it on a random 60 rated free agent, then perhaps even release the player after he's been bought? :)