Sign in to follow this  
Ryans Tornado

WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

Re: WEBS League - Opened 9th Feb

racky - isnt there a problem with a squad cap?

players values change when you buy them , so you wouldn't know their exact worth until they are put into your squad.

SM's 'poor economy' didnt actually work , did it?

isnt it in SM'S interest to make sure managers get fed up and drop out , when their teams cant compete with the top teams.

the sooner set ups die, the sooner another one is bought.

i mentioned before that the only way i can see next season working is having a limit on transfer spending and a small amount as well. bringing in part exchange values into play means those that bought well continue to have an advantage.

higher the division, the more you are allowed to spend, gives the advantage of big clubs and promoted ones.

Just an idea, but how abouts this.

Season 1 - only the bottom division can spend/do transfers.

Season 2 - only the bottom two divisions can spend/do transfers.

And etc etc. So the bid divisions can splash their cash, but not for 3/4 seasons time. By then the lower teams will have got a lot better players and finances. The top div teams may well not be top div anymore in fact.

So they can spend the cash, but when all the other teams have had a chance to pick the best of the talent up?

racky - isnt there a problem with a squad cap?

players values change when you buy them ' date=' so you wouldn't know their exact worth until they are put into your squad.

SM's 'poor economy' didnt actually work , did it?

isnt it in SM'S interest to make sure managers get fed up and drop out , when their teams cant compete with the top teams.

the sooner set ups die, the sooner another one is bought.

i mentioned before that the only way i can see next season working is having a limit on transfer spending and a small amount as well. bringing in part exchange values into play means those that bought well continue to have an advantage.

higher the division, the more you are allowed to spend, gives the advantage of big clubs and promoted ones.[/quote']

mate u cant put an ammount on spendin if division 5 clubs are minusin every game and there fore dont have money 2 spend in the first place?.. theres no fairness..

the set up was never going to work as there is no form of template been worked on club rating.. attendance.. stature wise etc..

there isnt a problem with squad cap.. u stay under it.. if u fluctuate over it with risers u simply sell at first opportunity 2 drop back into lines.. and nominate players out in the process.. eventually even that way will time out but it is seriously the only fairest method 2 get a couple of seasons out the set up..

the key part people seem 2 b missing here and i honestly cant see why is the following..

if over a quarter of the set up dont earn the revenue 2 even consider buying players.. how on earth is a set tranfers ammount fair?..

if somes teams have 2 sell 2 bring there selves out of red and other teams dont.. again how on earth is that fair having a transfer limit..

the idea of the squad cap is simply the followin.. theres the odd side over 30 million.. but look at the overall ratings of sides.. very even in all honesty.. the idea of the squad valuation cap would atleast keep sides overall ratings somewhere in close proximity.. meaning pritty much any side could beat any other side..

personally though i think the whole england being skint idea is finished and forget even trying to even the set up out in all honesty.. mayaswell just make it abit of fun free for all..

i understand the lower clubs being in debt but if they have a 2M spending limit, they sell a player, which then puts their balance at over 2M and away they go.

i understand the lower clubs being in debt but if they have a 2M spending limit' date=' they sell a player, which then puts their balance at over 2M and away they go.[/quote']

u clearly dont mate?..

other wise ud understand that the above statement isnt n e where fair for this set up?..

why should i have 2 sell my players 2 front moves for others when 3 quarters on this set up just play a game or 2 and can keep there existing players and just spend gate reciepts etc 2 aquire there players on top of existing squads..

all ur above quote encourages 2 me is an even bigger gap..

surely if u re read it ull b able 2 vision the terms monopoly clubs and the term selling clubs..

in no way should i have 2 work 55 times harder with my grimsby 2 maintain the same position as u with your club.. that 2 me has never ever seen equal or fair

u clearly dont mate?..

other wise ud understand that the above statement isnt n e where fair for this set up?..

why should i have 2 sell my players 2 front moves for others when 3 quarters on this set up just play a game or 2 and can keep there existing players and just spend gate reciepts etc 2 aquire there players on top of existing squads..

all ur above quote encourages 2 me is an even bigger gap..

surely if u re read it ull b able 2 vision the terms monopoly clubs and the term selling clubs..

in no way should i have 2 work 55 times harder with my grimsby 2 maintain the same position as u with your club.. that 2 me has never ever seen equal or fair

It was never supposed to be completely equal, hence people choosing by stadium capacity. His idea works very well as it lets everyone improve.

It was never supposed to be completely equal' date=' hence people choosing by stadium capacity. His idea works very well as it lets everyone improve.[/quote']

2 million-10 million-spend all of your money..

i keep saying the best thing for the set up is to open it out fully and let clubs spend at there own will who have it..

if it was never ment to b even why should the manchester united manager hav 2 b held back tryin 2 help the crystal palace manager who cant help out the grimsby manager because grimsby cant spend money n e way as there in debt..

the 2 million then isnt fair on the top of the scale clubs..

if it was never ment 2 b equal why even bother with the talk in the first place and just open it out full imo?..

Christian Bishop ( Forum ) earned a draw with Darlington against Manchester United.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Darlington and Manchester United in their Friendly fixture.

Alcacer scored both of the goals for Darlington and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

I say I win ... I got the player that scored a brace

;)

I am seriously considering leaving this setup now ' date=' I am convinced I am not the only who that spent money generated from tickets. There was a discussion on this exact topic back then when we all realized how much money we are getting out of matches , and everyone was buying players , I think I'm unfairly accused just cos I have a PL club and its obvious for you to be unhappy as you have a small club . Plus, ye all had a chance to go for all the young prospects while I only made my first transfer days after the gameworld opened as I was away.

@Will - I was the one to tell you to withdraw as you were bidding for 88s and 90s .[/quote']

It's not your fault Mario, you do now have an advantage over some but that is entirely not your fault as you were completely entitled to spend the money you made from ticket sales as was everyone else who got ticket money before the transfer ban, it's just some chose not to, which has unfortunately for them not worked out.

There's no reason for anyone pointing fingers around, everyone especially Ryan did their best to make this set-up work, it was a great idea and it's just been spoiled a bit by SM's nonsense. I'm sure though that a solution will be found to keep everything as fair as possible, as even though it's been soured somewhat, this gameworld still is full of top managers so it has the potential to be great fun regardless. Everyone just needs to stop moaning and focus on making this gameworld what it should have been.

Meanwhile, due to my pure genius, I didn't realise that the friendly cup game was actually last night, so I didn't set my team and left in my reserves which were playing due to me accidentally leaving in my first team for the cup (I know, I need to pay more attention), leading to me getting smashed 4-0 by RBA's MK Dons. Lolcano.

racky, i never meant that my idea would make it even, i just think it is the best way to keep the set up closer than it otherwise would be.

even without the addittional money, the so called poor economy ruined the initial idea so now we just try to make the best of what we have.

i'm happy with whatever ryan decides on for next year, just trying to suggest something and if it can be improved on , then great.

if he opens it up for a free for all then fine, i dont see a perfect solution so i wont complain whatever happens.

millwall win at last, 2-1 at home to wrexham in the cup.

it did help that daz didnt know about the game until early yesterday morning and had to round up his team from various nightclubs in the early hours, then make a dash across the border into that green and pleasant land, to be in london in time for kick off, which he only just made.

2-2 in the cup last night against Liverpool , my goals came from Kakuta and Livermore while Will's goals came both from Hleb. Pretty even match and a fair result in the end. Playing them again tonight in the League .

2-2 in the cup last night against Liverpool ' date=' my goals came from Kakuta and Livermore while Will's goals came both from Hleb. Pretty even match and a fair result in the end. Playing them again tonight in the League .[/quote']

Even match indeed, see what happens tonight then :P

Dan bullied me into submission

:(

Christian Bishop ( Forum ) was unable to prevent a Darlington defeat to Grimsby Town.

Darlington slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Grimsby Town in their Division 5 fixture.

Really need to sort my act out in this GW, last three games I've forgotten to set my line-up, this time I remembered but forgot to change my tactics from down both flanks, ended up getting spanked 3-1 by MK Dons with all four of the goals being scored by MK Dons players. That's 8 goals in two games by MK Dons players versus me. Congrats RBA. :P

Division 1

Sunday 11 Mar 2012

Stadium: Anfield (45,000)

Attendance: 44,953

Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal

Possession

43%-------57%

Total Shots

26-------26

Shots On Target

11-------9

Corners

4-------8

Yellow Cards

0-------0

Red Cards

0-------0

Mario Focsa steered Arsenal to victory against Liverpool.Arsenal beat Liverpool 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.Natalino scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.Bawab was also on the scoresheet for his side.

And we make it five out of five , but United won't lose :o level at the top with them , both on 15 points but I have a better goal difference . My goals came from Bawab x2 and Natalino while Will's goal came from Cuenca. Next up in the league Chelsea but before that we clashes with Lazio and Leicester in the Smfa and Cup respectively.

Man.City 2-1 Tottenham.

Finally,first win of the season..

Btw what is happening here,wasnt here for couple of days,anything new about this game world?

What is going to happen with this?

We are not allowed to buy players,right?

Will there be a raiting cap or?

Vimto Cup - Round 1 Results

Arsenal 2 - 2 Liverpool

Bristol Rovers 0 - 3 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 3 - 0 Southampton

Huddersfield 0 - 2 Coventry

Leicester 1 - 0 Leeds United

Luton 1 - 4 Aston Villa

Man Utd 2 - 2 Darlington

Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Oxford

Millwall 2 - 1 Wrexham

MK Dons 4 - 0 Sheffield United

Notts County 0 - 1 Southend

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 1 Tottenham

Stockport 3 - 1 Port Vale

West Ham 0 - 2 Charlton

Ties not played: (Please arrange these games for this wednesday)

Bradford v Swindon

Leyton Orient v Grimsby

Replays (Wednesday 14th March)

Darlington v Man Utd

Liverpool v Arsenal

Someone wanted to step in as Leyton Orient manager, but hasn't applied for the job yet. If they don't apply and arrange the wednesday game, then Grimsby will recieve a bye into Round 2.

Vimto Cup Round 2 Draw

Ties to be played on Saturday 17th March

MK Dons v Coventry City

Millwall v Stockport County

Bradford/Swindon v Sheffield Wednesday

Chelsea v Charlton Athletic

Crystal Palace v Leyton Orient/Grimsby

Man Utd/Darlington v Leicester City

Aston Villa v Arsenal/Liverpool

Oxford United v Southend United

My Bristol Rovers lost for the third game in a row tonight, in the last bloody minute at Bradford :mad:

Bradford 2-1 Bristol Rovers

Terrence Boyd scored just a minute after half time for bradford after some neat footwork, Just before the hour mark Brian Ferreira got a equaliser for the visitors after he turned quickly to beat the defender, A cross from the left was headed in from substitute Lorenzo Tassi, the 17 year old scored in the final minute of the match to send Bristol to the relegation zone !

1 Plymouth Argyle 5 2 9

2 Bradford City 5 2 8

3 Oxford United 5 2 8

4 Swindon Town 5 1 8

5 Southend United 5 -3 7

6 BRISTOL ROVERS 5 -3 6

7 Port Vale 5 1 5

8 Rotherham United 5 -2 3

It was only 2 league games ago we were top of the league after beating plymouth !

Since we have played 2 and lost against port vale and bradford and we are now in the drop zone. :o