Do Goalkeepers ever get injured???

trini3609

Re: Do Goalkeepers ever get injured???

this is my fourth season' date=' it not yet happened to my team. i've read that GK may get red card but so far i never experience it[/quote']

i have had both, red card while giving away a penalty and injury during training (not even during match play)!

its all just random, while keepers are probably statistically the least likely to get injuried, therefore maybe this is how the sm game works too.

but it does happen because i have had both red cards and once injured 1st choice keeper in my game...

its not fun when you you have to use a 19yr old rated like 78 in your first team!:eek:

i have had both' date=' red card while giving away a penalty and injury during training (not even during match play)!

its all just random, while keepers are probably statistically the least likely to get injuried, therefore maybe this is how the sm game works too.

but it does happen because i have had both red cards and once injured 1st choice keeper in my game...

its not fun when you you have to use a 19yr old rated like 78 in your first team!:eek:[/quote']

Really? I've been playing since Feb 2008 and I've never seen a goalkeeper injury or a red card?

Theoretically, I can see the game giving injuries in training to goalkeepers (as the game insists on each team having 2). I can't see the game dishing out reds or injuries in games though as how would you subsitute a second keeper on? I never even have a goalkeeper on my bench.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never witnessed either in my time in Soccermanager, on my club or anyone elses.

Really? I've been playing since Feb 2008 and I've never seen a goalkeeper injury or a red card?

Theoretically' date=' I can see the game giving injuries in training to goalkeepers (as the game insists on each team having 2). I can't see the game dishing out reds or injuries in games though as how would you subsitute a second keeper on? I never even have a goalkeeper on my bench.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never witnessed either in my time in Soccermanager, on my club or anyone elses.[/quote']

seconded, been a member for years and never seen it happen

I've had - gulp - over sixteen thousand matches on SM (doesn't time fly lol) and have never had a keeper injured in a match...although I do believe that they can get injured in a match if they play anywhere other than in goal, I've seen unmanaged teams who played a goalkeeper in an outfield position (as well as one in goal) and the one playing outfield picked up an injury.

A couple of years ago SM announced that they were bringing in keeper injuries hence making everyone have to have a minimum of 2 keepers, but this doesn't seem to have happened yet.

I'm sure if it was eventually brought in plenty of people would complain that they'd lost the league title or cup final as their 94 rated keeper picked up an injury so they had to play their 82-rated youth stand-in, outfield players get injured fairly regularly on this game but with a bit of formation switching and position switching you can usually cover for them all!!

What's more there aren't a huge amount of good goalkeepers to go round so if injuries were introduced and your first choice keeper got injured for say 8 weeks there's a chance that in those 8 weeks the reserve might get injured too...