Sign in to follow this  
evoked87

A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

Re: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

I do like the idea of a 'reserve league' more ... :) It just reduces the pressure on teams to buy youth and gives the 'golden oldies' a chance to play some footie (y)

just looked at your squad, you paid 107million for three 88 rated players?? hahaha

just looked at your squad' date=' you paid 107million for three 88 rated players?? hahaha[/quote']

Yup, but they're my favorites :P Sometime I choose players based upon their ratings but most-times because of their talent :) Hence why I chose Alba over Ashley Cole when both bids were accepted at £17m :P Call me crazy but watch me be in Div 1 next season!! :)

Sorry for the spam but just noticed that if all goes to plan, then 15 out of 24 (excluding loanees) will be of British origin :D

Never knew Arsenal were a club to reserve english heritage :P Let alone buy oldies e.g. Craig 'no-neck' Bellamy XD Hopefully this trend of not following traditional 'Arsenal-like' behavior won't be mirrored in ANP with heavy defeats and my best players requesting transers away :P

A forum reserves league is a nice idea but it maybe a bit too much to play unless we only play each other once? Or probably a reserves cup? We already have a official League + ANP Cup.

I think not everyone has many youth or low rated players. Definitely some teams will have to field some higher rated players in such a competition.

---

I am thinking to put a squad cap of 60 players. Some teams have 40+, 50+ players which is quite big but still okay... though I don't think everyone will want such a big squad, the cap of 60 will give everyone enough lee way to add some more players while not make their team size too unreal. Cool?

A squad cap of 50 might be a better idea. anymore and it would look too unrealistic and also deprived other clubs from making any good youth transfers. With the upcoming ANP schedule, maybe a better idea would be a Reserves cup broken up into a few groups, proceeded by a knockout format. Hope this will be an incentive for clubs to give youths more playing time :)

A squad cap of 50 might be a better idea. anymore and it would look too unrealistic and also deprived other clubs from making any good youth transfers. With the upcoming ANP schedule' date=' maybe a better idea would be a Reserves cup broken up into a few groups, proceeded by a knockout format. Hope this will be an incentive for clubs to give youths more playing time :)[/quote']

Think this is the best idea so far but we would need to seed the groups somehow so one team doesnt win the group easily or one team really struggles in it.

In other news I have signed the following youth player and now most of my transfer budgets gone on 31 players.

Thomas Carroll

Joshua King

Scott Wootton

Jose Antonio Rios

Pena Mandini

Think this is the best idea so far but we would need to seed the groups somehow so one team doesnt win the group easily or one team really struggles in it.

In other news I have signed the following youth player and now most of my transfer budgets gone on 31 players.

Thomas Carroll

Joshua King

Scott Wootton

Jose Antonio Rios

Pena Mandini

Glad at least someone concurs with me. Nice youth intake you've got for yourself! Hope I can get a few more youth prospects by the end of the season.

Id be happy to cap at 50 too.

Am deffo up for a reserve cup too.

i think we should name our reserve team beforehand and stick to playing the same 11 players throughout the competition. This way people cant introduce higher rated players later on in the tournie.

I've read some comments about a possible ANP's SM Forum competition.

The two types of competition we can have:

1. Youth/Reserves competition

2. D1 vs D2

Both are fine ideas, but they should be separate components because it'll seem less meaningful if they were combine. Maybe we can do different forum competitions each season. So for example the first season we can try out type 1, 2nd season play type 2.

---

I've an idea for type 1 - youth/reserves competition using simple champions league type group qualifications.

If someone can organise this and keep track of results and points then I'll be more than glad to vote yes to a 3rd compeitition in ANP. :D

Rules:

Random teams into 4 groups x 6 teams.

Group stage will play each other once. Highest points from each group will qualify.

4 teams in Semi-final, & Final champion.

Teams preferably play on a Saturday, one game/per week until eliminated. The champion will eventually play 7 games.

Restrictions: Can field rated 89 and below, or 21 & below years old. It is difficult to have both on because some teams may not have enough players to fulfill that.

G8T6p.jpg

2. D1 vs D2

Both are fine ideas' date=' but they should be separate components because it'll seem less meaningful if they were combine. Maybe we can do different forum competitions each season. So for example the first season we can try out type 1, 2nd season play type 2.

---

I've an idea for [b']type 1[/b] - youth/reserves competition using simple champions league type group qualifications.

If someone can organise this and keep track of results and points then I'll be more than glad to vote yes to a 3rd compeitition in ANP. :D

Rules:

Group stage will play each other once. Highest points from each group will qualify.

Teams preferably play on a Saturday, one game/per week until eliminated. The champion will eventually play 7 games.

Restrictions: Rated 89 and below, or 21 & below years old. It is difficult to have both on because some teams may not have enough players to fulfill that.

G8T6p.jpg

I would prefer a rating restricted competition. Otherwise the competition may turn unbalanced.

Benzema-Firma.png

Sao Paulo announce their star player for the season. Huge sums were exchanged to secure the playing rights and the season ahead will tell if it was justified.

Sao Paulo have announced their intention to challenge for the Division 1 title in the ANP for the upcoming season

sao_paulo_fc-maior.jpg

Guest <klhepworth.

Luuk DE JONG has completed his move to Boca Juniors from FC Twente for £13,112,000

Highly rated young striker, cost £13M which isn't too bad I guess :)

Free Agent Pablo HERNANDEZ has completed his move to Boca Juniors for £8,822,000

Needed another winger so to get him with no competition was nice!

Free Agent Laurent KOSCIELNY has completed his move to Boca Juniors for £7,112,000

Surely nailed on for a rise to 90. Rate him as one of the best CBs in Europe at the moment, and hopefully they'll add a RB position to him as I'm quite weak there.

Free Agent Eduardo SALVIO has completed his move to Boca Juniors for £6,833,000

Talented Argentine, which fits with me being Boca, adds depth to the forward areas.

The offer for Davide SANTON of Newcastle United from Boca Juniors has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

RB/LB will provide some depth to my defence, being my highest rated RB. Once was one of the hottest prospects in Europe and I think now at Newcastle he's showing his talent, wouldn't be surprised to see him looking at hitting 90 next season.

Haven't been overly active on the forum last few days so I can't remember if I've posted the youths I've brought in, I'll do a line up soon I think:

Ahmed Musa

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck

Lars Unnerstall

Wilfried Zaha

Jetro Willems

Simone Benedetti

Nicolas Isimat Mirin

Alvaro Vadillo

Marco Bueno

Nick Powell

Marc Muniesa

Nicolai Boileson

A mystery youth that should be on his way soon!

Only have just over £1M to play with now, but I think I've built a nice enough team, as I said, line-up on it's way:)

2. D1 vs D2

Both are fine ideas' date=' but they should be separate components because it'll seem less meaningful if they were combine. Maybe we can do different forum competitions each season. So for example the first season we can try out type 1, 2nd season play type 2.

---

I've an idea for [b']type 1[/b] - youth/reserves competition using simple champions league type group qualifications.

Rules:

Restrictions: Can field rated 89 and below, or 21 & below years old. It is difficult to have both on because some teams may not have enough players to fulfill that.

only 7 such players in Dortmund and no money to buy players .

only 7 such players in Dortmund and no money to buy players .

I knew some teams would not meet that criteria, but didn't expect yours to miss so much, I think Dortmund is one of those few right?

How about rating 90 and below? That should do it right? I find 90 the limit and still look credible since it is a Youth/Reserves competition, some teams can have strong reserves and that's entirely normal.

I think most people are keen and supportive of a 3rd unique competition. Now we need one or few organisers to keep track of games & results. If you need help, I can random the group listing using random.org and come up with fixtures list.

One game per week on Wed or Sat. Home/away no significance. A winner will emerge just under 2 months (7weeks), good duration imo.

I knew some teams would not meet that criteria' date=' but didn't expect yours to miss so much, I think Dortmund is one of those few right?

How about rating 90 and below? That should do it right? I find 90 the limit and still look credible since it is a Youth/Reserves competition, some teams can have strong reserves and that's entirely normal.

I think most people are keen and supportive of a 3rd unique competition. Now we need one or few organisers to keep track of games & results. If you need help, I can random the group listing using random.org and come up with fixtures list.

One game per week on Wed or Sat. Home/away no significance. A winner will emerge just under 2 months (7weeks), good duration imo.[/quote']

In that case, wil the competition fall under the ANP framework or will we need to make space for another league?