Sign in to follow this  
evoked87

A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

Re: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

Silly question but can we mix and match? E.g. I choose Bellamy who goes under 'genuine reserve' and Kleber who fits under ' under 21'?? (even if he is a starter ... ?? :S)

Yes definitely, the requirements is based on per player not per club. It is to ensure that all clubs have enough players and selection for the forum championship.

And Ajax are done with transfers! (For now anyway, might buy a couple of youths here and there)

If I put the team into a 352, it looks a little bit like this:

340902_AFC_Ajax.jpg

I think this is a pretty decent side now!

I've got the best keeper and pretty stable defence, a good midfield and two great forwards, so I think I'm in with a shout of winning something this season :)

My weakest point is on the wings, but I've got depth there- I have Menez, Lennon, Anyukov, Emanuelson, Downing and Pepe as wingers (Although Emanuelson and Anyukov are LM and RM).

Looking forward to the start of this! :)

Guest <klhepworth.

And Ajax are done with transfers! (For now anyway' date=' might buy a couple of youths here and there)

If I put the team into a 352, it looks a little bit like this:

[center']340902_AFC_Ajax.jpg[/center]

I think this is a pretty decent side now!

I've got the best keeper and pretty stable defence, a good midfield and two great forwards, so I think I'm in with a shout of winning something this season :)

My weakest point is on the wings, but I've got depth there- I have Menez, Lennon, Anyukov, Emanuelson, Downing and Pepe as wingers (Although Emanuelson and Anyukov are LM and RM).

Looking forward to the start of this! :)

It's improved;) I have you on the opening day yet again, always seem to in the Customs we're in:p

A Nation's Cry

barca_boy2.jpg

It’s was doom and gloom in the Catalan country as it was pronounce the end of an era for the fans of Barcelona FC.

With the new powers evolving throughout the clubs in different part of the world, money seems to be the dirty word as players from the Catalan country were either tempted away or cradle snatched in their infant stage.

Key Spanish players in the team were mostly tempted away by different clubs in the league, some returned to their original clubs like David Villa, with even youth players such as Cuenca and Tello left the club with the lure of lollipops and Monopoly money.

Sume_one has came out and declared "Although the cry of defeat can be felt evidently in the air, but we have already done our best to retain those Spanish players with realistic bids and the love for this club, however this wasn’t enough and many have taken the path of the oil money and deserted their root.

Hopefully they will rekindle this love when they turn out at Nou Camp when we meet. We can blame the over-rich drunkers, money grabbers and cradle snatcher for the current demise of this club"

However amidst all this sadness, the new manager manage to convince key Latin American players such as Alves and Mascherano to stay in Barcelona with re-enforcement from the same contential.

Key players such as Iniesta has stayed on despite the lure of money and will wind up his wine business to fully focus on being the new club Captain after his best mates, Xavi and Puyol has left the club in the twilight of their playing career to seek for greener pasture.

Although the recruitment has cause the average age of the squad to go up, the blessing in disguise is that it has bear fruit in terms of getting a bigger group of players whom are mostly are Spanish speaking coming together, abide at a lower quality as compare to the dominant Barca '10.

And other Latin American recruits, such as Nilmar and Bastos has this to say " We are here to help our companion in their quest for greatness, hopefully we can emulate the World Cup Brazil 2002 R-R-R triangle by forming our own A-B-N-A connection to spread the tika taka spirit throughout the football world.

shanghai3-.jpg

The ex-manager Pepe Guardiola who has retired recently to focus on his hair treatment operation, has also spoken out in favour of the new manager abide with a bit of a tongue twister, and this is what he has to say about the new man in the seat.

"Sume_one is definitely someone whom I see as the potential one for this job. Although everyone has an opinion on whom to be the one to take over me, I believe no one is better qualified to take over the one in this hot seat. Sume_one is not anyone that you see on the street that can take on this job, he is some one that has intensively followed me throughout the years with the same philosophy and passion for football.

Although he is not the Special one like the ex-manager of Real Madrid, but he is not one would like to critic other clubs, and in my absence, would prove that to be the one that can lead this club to greater heights.

And definitely he is not one that encourages people to poke anyone in the eyes."

During the press interview which was held in Sunny Singapore during a U21 scouting trip which coincides with a hair treatment at the famous Singapore branch of Bejing 101, Pepe’s hostile behavior towards a group of adults who were very eager to go around dress in all white was for all to see.

“ I have taking this opportunity to go around the world scouting for talent now that so many of our youth players have been taken away from us by cradle snatchers. For the upcoming season, especially for the new youth cup that is being organized, we will have talent coming from all parts of the world coming together to La Messia like the Keane brothers from Manchester, Filipo Mancini (son of R.Mancini) from Italy, Filip Kiss from Slovakia and most importantly,Izab Madmud and S.Baharudin from Singapore!! The last two are promising talent from Singapore whom we share a lot of affection for as like us, they also despite anything that is decked all in white (or the Men in White (MIW)) as they called it). And finally, who says I am here for hair transplant? I am here to scout for Singapore Foreign talent which their government proudly proclaim to be the best!!”

With this, Guardiola promptly rush out of the media room without an additional word.

7GEJ6.jpg

With the glory endorsement from his famous Jedi Master, Young Padawan Sume_one has this to say in conclusion,

"Although we are weaker due to the large outflow of talents to the different clubs, even tht I have failed in my attempt to convince some of the players to stay, but I believe we can prove that those who stayed behind and the newcomers can prove themselves in this league, and hopefully stay in shout for one of the tops spots in the great tradition of this club. Hopefully with the help of the factory line in La Masia continuing to produce good young talent with the tactical awareness and flexibility of the new team, this mini disaster can be overcome and spur the club to greater height"

With the voice of this battle cry being repeating through out the city, hopefully it has helped to certain extent pacify the crying heard in the Catalan country to mourn for those favorite sons that has left the club in favour of evil.

Although the native in the Catalan Country can not longer feel the pride for their Nation =(, they still wish to say "May the force be with you, our new Barcelona!"

barcelona-fans_1398634c.jpg

From Sume_Talk, padawan of Voke_Talk

Start of a new era

712051-8492715-317-238.jpg

After almost 5 years since VfB Stuttgart last won anything, Stuttgart fans may have some case for optimism. With only Martin Harnik choosing to stay loyal to the Die Roten, mostly by the lure of chasing trophies at the top level. Harnik believes that the new manager, Masashi Kiyotake replacing Bruno Labbadia has this to say. 'While I'm gutted that the Gaffer has left for greener pastures elsewhere, I was actually impressed by Masashi's ambition of winning everything in his first season in charge, which will be achieved by playing some attractive football, combining the slick play of Barcelona, Dortmund and Manchester United.'

True to his word, Masashi has successfully lured some of the Bundesliga's best talents including Subotic, Howedes, Bender, Kagawa, Podolski and not forgetting, one of the world's most sought after players Gotze to their ranks.

mario-gotze-dortmund.jpg

With some help from Masashi's brothers who are currently managing clubs as prestigious as AC Milan who recently did the unthinkable by trashing Arsenal 4-0 at the Emirates Stadium to the Asian sleeping giant Urawa Reds, he was able to gain some good information regarding young players. Signing players such as Stefen De Vrij, Son Heung-Min, Antoine Griezmann, Zakaria Labyad and one of Everton's brightest youngster Jack Rodwell.

47364472.jpg

During the press conference held at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, Masashi got there 20 minutes late due to a flight delay from Singapore via Japan caused by bad weather in Germany at the moment. He apologised to the assembled journalists from Japan(週刊サッカーマガジン,週刊サッカーダイジェスト), Italy(La Gazzetta dello Sport), England(Sky Sports, Teamtalk), Germany(Bild) and Worldsoccer.com.

When asked by the Japanese media whether Kagawa will feature strongly for the Die Roten as he has done for the Die Borussen and also if there will be more Asians coming in to supplement Kagawa and Seung-Min, he has this to say, 'Kagawa is one player who has the difference to be my match winner alongside Gotze, therefore I'm confident that they will be able to cause a lot of problems for opposition teams for a long time. As for attracting more quality Asian players, it may be hard considering the fact that most of them has decided to sign for other clubs, leaving very few available to be signed but I assure you that this is something that I will look into as the season progresses.' Other questions that were asked by the European reporters included the style of play as well as the philosophy that will be adopted by Masashi. 'With the players that I have managed to acquire, I will be given a lot of leeway when it comes to my tactics, having said that, I will still strive to play attractive flowing football in order to keep the long suffering fans coming for more that's for sure. As you can see from my first team and my reserve team, my emphasis will always be on youth development, making sure that everyone gets to play some matches throughout the season and hopefully, they will grow into the team and be ready whenever they are called to action.' The final question that he took from the German media wasn't without some controversy as he spotted a journalist dressed in Bayern's colours, promptly asked the security to drag him out of the conference room. 'I won't be happy to see any of the German clubs doing well, especially FC Bayern for deploying some unsavoury tactics bordering on the illegal during transfer negotiations for some of the targets. He is a disgrace to Bayern with such an illustrious history and pedigree. Also Dortmund and Schalke while having some good players in their ranks, I just don't see it being their year, they just lack the chemistry needed for a successful championship chasing team. But with the right signings, I believe Schalke 04 can be the team to beat.'

a_tresp_vfb400.jpg

Once the press conference was over, he was promptly swarmed by the fans outside the stadium as he approaches the car park. With that, Stuttgart can look forward to an exciting future under the reins of Masashi Kiyotake.

Wah 2 massive dose of compositions back to back. :eek::D

Must be too long cannot put in SM newspaper hahaha.

---

I'll be announcing the ANP Forum Championship in a short while.

sume_one came up with the codes for the excel sheet so it'll be nice if some peeps can rep them, also for their articles.

I wanted to put the excel sheet online so everyone can view it, while only a few "moderators" can update the scores. However, it don't seem to convert too well onto the online platforms.

I'll upload the file together with the announcement so everyone can download and have a look. If we can't do it using the online method, then gonich can use the excel file to aid him and update everyone about the progress of the competition.

:)

Wah 2 massive dose of compositions back to back. :eek::D

Must be too long cannot put in SM newspaper hahaha.

---

I'll be announcing the ANP Forum Championship in a short while.

sume_one came up with the codes for the excel sheet so it'll be nice if some peeps can rep them' date=' also for their articles.

I wanted to put the excel sheet online so everyone can view it, while only a few "moderators" can update the scores. However, it don't seem to convert too well onto the online platforms.

I'll upload the file together with the announcement so everyone can download and have a look. If we can't do it using the online method, then gonich can use the excel file to aid him and update everyone about the progress of the competition.

:)[/quote']

Have you tried Google Docs yet? I believe that it can be done through that. :)

ANP Youth & Reserves Forum Championship

halRZ.jpg

Starts 14th March, Wednesday

General rules:

• 3 teams from each division are randomised into groups (forming 4 groups x 6 teams)
  • teams play each other only once in the group (home/away does not matter)
  • the top team from each group progresses to semi-final
  • all teams will play a minimum of 5 games while the eventual champion will play the maximum of 7 games
  • games will be played on friendly matches, either Wednesday or Saturday (1 game per week)

Specific rules:

Clubs are allowed to field players that belongs to any 1 of the below:

• rating 89 or below
  • 21 years old or below
  • genuine reserve team player of your squad

---

Online Excel file: https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/evoked87/anp-youth-reserve-forum-championship-4

Online Excel file for ANP Forum Championship: https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/evoked87/anp-youth-reserve-forum-championship-4

Scores will be updated as the games are played. By default it is view-only document. Currently, gonich, masashi and myself have access to edit.

Home/away does not matter, so either one can offer the friendly match. R1 means Round 1.

I have also put the forum competition post in page 1 for easy finding.

Good work' date=' just need a little bit of changes on schedule cause of the same fixtures, for example Corinthians - Arsenal in R1 and R3.

Edit: @sume_one Need to change everything now, or can we salvage anything?[/quote']

Lol.. thanks for spotting it. I didn't notice it either. That means all groups have the same problem.

I've edited fixtures in Group B only, can you check it again?

i'm in the group of death..

Haha how is there a group of death if we haven't played each other yet?

Good as it gets' date=' let the games begin! :)[/quote']

Ok great.

Everyone can view the excel sheet online at:

https://public.sheet.zoho.com/public/evoked87/anp-youth-reserve-forum-championship-4

At the bottom you can flip the pages and view other groups. The current scores are for demo only.

The competition is set to start on 14th March, Wednesday (Changed of date). Home/away does not matter, so either party can start offering R1 (Round 1) fixtures on that day,

We're expect 1 round per week, so the competition should finish in 7 weeks time.

For example in group A, the Round 1 fixtures are:

Bayern Munich vs Milan

Feyenoord vs Real Madrid

Arsenal vs Corinthians

Really competitive team.

Not sure how my team will look like now lol, should be quite exciting too. Anyway it is for the spirit of youth/reserves competition. Will be very challenging to outgun 5 other teams to progress.

2 out of 9 of the Round 1 fixtures are arranged. You can choose either to play on a Wednesday or Saturday as long as you compete 1 game per week.