A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

Re: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

since you have added one more to spain. i would say you should add one to germany as well talent pool in Germany is really big . so its unfair if you leave out Germany.

Well' date=' I need every competing nation to have at least 2 clubs. The remaining clubs are all big names and I'm trying to avoid leaving them out as it'll spoil the intention of the game. So at the moment it'll stay status quo.

We can't have total balance as in any game, we also can't predict how the transfer market activity and pattern is like with the many players that follows after our first signing too.

As for the distant future, we'll see how it goes for the first few seasons first. May include a special no-nation-boundaries transfer like every 5 seasons or something like that. But we need to experience the game first to see how it pans out.

I agree too,alot of people buy players and sell and then leave,or if they cannot get the players they want they then leave.To do this set-up we need the right people ,but I reckon if we have any concerns with anyone joining the set-up we should highlight this..At least in a private message to evoked..

If anyone have good and trustworthy friends that you want to recommend feel free to inform them about the game too. I'm sure some of you have more experience and friendships in the forums than me and more capable at drawing crowd. Anyway we're more than half filled in less than 2 days so it is pretty good response too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012) A Nation's Cry It’s was doom and gloom in the Catalan country as it was pronounce the end of an era for the fans of Barcelona FC. With the new powers evolvin

Re: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012) SAO PAULO 3 - LYON 2 Lyon played well.If they play as well as this they will take points from league leaders Milan next turn. Benzema had a reckless lung

A Nation’s Pride Prologue: Football is like performing magic with one’s feet. Deceiving yet witty, elegant yet robust. It is God’s gift for a nation to produce and groom the best talents in

Hey guys' date='

Thank you for keeping a lookout for me.

I share your concerns about allowing low SM forum posts guys, but those already there are my friends from 2 other gameworlds and I believe we'll grow comfortable with their presence. Besides established forumers, I feel we can let in friends who played in the same gameworld for a period of time and also real life personal friends. I also understand that everyone will once look noob/dubious at the start and only time can prove their worth. If there is somebody I have in doubt, I'll voice it like earlier with jaison.

[/quote']

Okay, cheers for the reply. As I said earlier I would go along with whatever you said :) maybe try inviting some of the guys from Ec Anno Domini :)

And also, I'd like Ajax please :) my first choice player would be Sneijder :)

Okay' date=' cheers for the reply. As I said earlier I would go along with whatever you said :) maybe try inviting some of the guys from Ec Anno Domini :)

And also, I'd like Ajax please :) my first choice player would be Sneijder :)[/quote']

Great, I'll try.

After some more considerations, I've replaced Juventus with Stuttgart. I think the new selection is the best already so no more changes.

For other participants already in the game, especially those in the first club to pick, you should start considering your pick and make it known here. Thank you!

Re: UPCOMING GAME: A Nation’s Pride (ANP 2012)

Hi there - I've read the rules & despite being a relative noob would like to submit an application to manage Milan (if still available).

I set up my own custom league yesterday with a 200mil cash start up & although I'm optimistic, I think it may suffer from an exodus after the start up auctions have finished.

My star man preference would be Chiellini.

I guess you don't have much to go on other than what you see about my history, so I'll await to hear your thoughts on whether or not you'll be happy for me to join you!

Cheers,

Mark (Kenny)

Sorry KennyDalglish, not so sure about your application, your SM name "Kenny Dalglish" is far too common for a search too.

masashi and jaison, I'm not for the idea of switching clubs because everyone will want to switch clubs after one. But I'll treat this as an extraordinary case since Stuttgart is added and both of you have expressed German interest early on. No more switching. Updated.

---

Decisions I'm considering to introduce to improve the gameplay:

Alternating season On/Off of buying players with the same nationality as club - allows more vibrant transfer activity and also first option experience in alternate season transfers.

Normal economy from season 2 onwards - so that money will still be an important asset throughout the game.

---

Added:

Froz3n

Manchester01 (SM name - Smoky BBQ, fine record)

Is there a limit on amount of foreign players? Otherwise Chelsea could have 20 German people and 1 English

It is open bid to everyone. You pay more you get the player, as simple as that. But overpaying for any player will mean you have less budget for the remaining players to sign up the minimum 21 players. It is also quite impossible that what you said will happen unless Chelsea has 10000M while the rest only 250M.

It is open bid to everyone. You pay more you get the player' date=' as simple as that. But overpaying for any player will mean you have less budget for the remaining players to sign up the minimum 21 players. It is also quite impossible that what you said will happen unless Chelsea has 10000M while the rest only 250M.[/quote']

... I meant Chelsea could have 20 German players and 1 English player? You don't need 10000M for that, then it wouldn't be so much 'A Nation's Pride' so much as 'I'm England but only 5% of my team is English'

... I meant Chelsea could have 20 German players and 1 English player? You don't need 10000M for that' date=' then it wouldn't be so much 'A Nation's Pride' so much as 'I'm England but only 5% of my team is English'[/quote']

I'll applaud you if you managed to sign 20 good Spanish or English players.

Highly coveted players will cost more and money speaks for itself, as for the example you gave, why would anyone want to sign Simon Cziommer or Christian Eigler just to prove he has 20 German players? Yes, they are from Germany.

If you want a game that have only your own nationality, then I believe you can try taking up a National team. After all, it is the difference in team name only. If anyone has any thoughts on this, do share them, but please think through it thoroughly first.

Is there a limit on amount of foreign players? Otherwise Chelsea could have 20 German people and 1 English
I'll applaud you if you managed to sign 20 good Spanish or English players.

Highly coveted players will cost more and money speaks for itself' date=' as for the example you gave, why would anyone want to sign Simon Cziommer or Christian Eigler just to prove he has 20 German players? Yes, they are from Germany.

If you want a game that have only your own nationality, [b']then I believe you can try taking up a National team[/b]. After all, it is the difference in team name only.

Doesn't have to be 20 German players you know? 1 English player and 20 foreign players is just as bad

Doesn't have to be 20 German players you know? 1 English player and 20 foreign players is just as bad

From the prologue (I think not everyone will read it anyway), I did say a country's ability to produce talent is gold (prospective) and giant clubs from all over the world (powerful). But I didn't say a club must possess most of their own talent, and also it is not in the game rules.

We all have the same amount of money at the start, so how each manager bid is completely free and tactical.

I know you want to hog all your German talent from others, but other clubs have the same thought too, so you can try bidding a little more if that's your main worry.

We can probably hear more from what other participants think and which they're more happy to play in.

From the prologue (I think not everyone will read it anyway)' date=' I did say a country's ability to produce talent is gold (prospective) and giant clubs from all over the world (powerful). But I didn't say a club must possess most of their own talent, and also it is not in the game rules.

We all have the same amount of money at the start, so how each manager bid is completely free and tactical.

I know you want to hog all your German talent from others, but other clubs have the same thought too, so you can try bidding a little more if that's your main worry.

We can probably hear more from what other participants think and which they're more happy to play in.[/quote']

I was misled by the name more than anything

Didn't like the accusation that i would hog all the German players, it was initially only a question with a simple 'yes' or 'no'

I was misled by the name more than anything

I'm sorry about that, I'm not sure if people in wasteland have been wasted yet :P:D

Anyway I considered your VM regarding club switch priority, you will take Bayern as requested, jaison will take Dortmund as his 2nd choice.

Hope this is happy ending and nobody pops up with a valid claim anymore.

I'm sorry about that' date=' I'm not sure if people in wasteland have been wasted yet :P:D

Anyway I considered your VM regarding club switch priority, you will take Bayern as requested, jaison will take Dortmund as his 2nd choice.

Hope this is happy ending and nobody pops up with a valid claim anymore.[/quote']

(Y)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlalwW3FvW0NLUErgmZPjgX70Vv69zeaHslwHVNlinZ8ouphe7MNFBTED8

I have one suggestion in that there should be a minimum number of players from the same nationality as the club managed to keep its national roots (A Nations Pride;)) e.g. Minimum of 7/21 English Players for Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea however it may lead to clubs buying cheap 10K youths of the nationality ... :o.

I do like the idea of alternate seasons with national transfers (y)

I'm buzzing for this!!

Thanks and Regards,

Indgy

I have one suggestion in that there should be a minimum number of players from the same nationality as the club managed to keep its national roots (A Nations Pride;)) e.g. Minimum of 7/21 English Players for Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea however it may lead to clubs buying cheap 10K youths of the nationality ... :o.

I'm buzzing for this!!

Thanks and Regards' date='

Indgy[/quote']

Ok.

Thanks and Regards,

Drink

I'm buzzing for this!!

Indgy[/quote']

Well maybe 7/21 players that are at least like 84 rated? Something like that? Or 7/21 players that each of those must be valued at 5million

Ok.

Drink[/quote']

LOL

:P

Well maybe 7/21 players that are at least like 84 rated? Something like that? Or 7/21 players that each of those must be valued at 5million

Hmm yes a minimum rating sounds brill (y) but we'll have to sound it out to Evoked first

:)

Hmmm..

Actually the nation's pride part is already satisfied as represented by mega clubs and also how well their future performance and success shall be. The amount of talent the individual countries can create is another story and also a proud thing by itself too without having to relate to the clubs. I'd like to ask peeps to not look too deep into the prologue or game name lol.

Very few good clubs in the world have majority of their players of the same nation, maybe only Barcelona and if so, they could become monopoly, which means other clubs of the same nation cannot compete as strongly and may create a player hogging situation.

Say if I managed to gather some of the best talents from my club nation, what are the chances of me selling them? As a result, other clubs of the same nation will then have to be forced to make do with lesser talents which is of a significant portion of their club.

This is the part I worry about as a game creator. I think there shouldn't be a flat playing field but the differences between clubs should not be too big either. Thus, I agree with players that are worried about the future of their clubs - which is also why some nations are more popular, and also the reason why I'm introducing alternate season transfers which is appreciate by Indgy. My target is to let managers form their own club by their own merit, but at the same time not having any clubs too weak (by allowing everyone to pick 1 star player to build their team around him).

I don't mind having to enforce a smaller than suggested portion of the players from own nation but it can be hard to monitor the game and will require everyone to cooperate and help keep a look out on each other teams..... Or a more simple way is we can make do without such a rule, which is the original idea and stands currently. lol. How does everyone think?