Gold Championship 160

Stuart H

Respuesta: Re: Gold Championship 160

Saturday 'Scorecast' - selected matches:

Bayer Leverkusen v Borussia Dortmund

Another 2 teams happy with their squads go head to head at 'Bay Arena'. Dortmund should have to much but Leverkusens home form will help them to a surprise victory imo.

2-1

Correct:eek:

Bad start to the season we lose 2-1 and Hummels and Schmelzer got a minor injury:o

Re: Gold Championship 160

Start of the season , fc porto's first game away to maritimo and got a 4-0 win. Went straight to the top of the league whereas power hungry benfica managed to lose 3-0 , a real shock in Portugal. I guess neymar and ganso were really missed then :rolleyes:. But you can never say its over this early.

Sessegnon , Sapunaru , Otamendi and Fernando were the scorers:cool:

Bayern Munchen in a few days in the SMFA cup so playing the B side. Looking at Bayern's strength it will be hard to come out with a good result.

Guest drseanfitz

And yes ... I watched the vid last night ... nearly peed myself :P

strange to think this guy is a teacher as well:p

friend of my dads, and very funny chap.

in 160 news, happy with my transfers so far, and hoping to get rid of the much hated Song in a minute.

(a very much music related post here :D)

Saturday 'Scorecast' - selected matches:

Metalurh Donetsk v Shakhtar Donestsk

Shaktar Donetsk will give debuts to Hugo Lloris and possibly a few others for this opening match. However a few players 'may' be rested in advance of mondays SMFA cup match at Chelsea.

Metalurh have done nothing of note in the transfer market so far however the opening day is always tricky and I feel that Metalurh can grab a point in an entertaining fixture:

2-2

Liverpool v Everton

The Merseyside derby will be contested by 2 teams very content with their squads as proven by the dearth of transfer activity on Merseyside. Got to go with the home team on this one and I feel it will be a comfortable win for 'pool.

2-0

Manchester City v Tottenham

Man City will be looking forward to seeing new winger Ashley Young in action for them. Spurs on the other hand have no signings of note and that may be their downfall here.

Due to City's strength in depth they can rest a few for the SMFA cup and still have 'enough' to edge Spurs.

3-1

Barcelona v Valencia

Valencia face mission impossible tonight but the big question is whether Willian will be registered in time for the big match. An unchanged Barca should have enough though at Camp Nou for Valencia and should romp home.

3-0

Napoli v Inter Milan

Would have gone for Inter earlier in the week but the loss of Sneijder and Lucio can only work in Napolis favour. Vermaelen should make his debut for the 'Nerazzurri' but Napoli are a club on the rise under manager Morrow and I fancy a tight game here.

1-1

Another 2 teams happy with their squads go head to head at 'Bay Arena'. Dortmund should have to much but Leverkusens home form will help them to a surprise victory imo.

2-1

'Match of the day'

Metalurh Donetsk v Shakhtar Donetsk

Shakhtar dominated this match from start to finish but had to wait until the 87th minute for Luiz Adriano to score the game's only goal. Very happy with the performance from the team as we look ahead to Monday nights visit of Chelsea.

0-1 (predicted 2-2)

Liverpool v Everton

A bad injury for Lucas Leiva overshadowed a confident performance from the Reds in the Merseyside derby. Andy Carroll hit two goals as Everton never recovered from conceding in the 4th minute.

Major improvement needed from Everton if they are to challenge for Europe this season.

2-0 (predicted 2-0)

Man City v Tottenham

Goals from Silva and Aguero secured a vital 3 points for City on the opening day. Spurs created few chances and will be dissapointed with their display.

City look to be the team to beat.

2-0 (predicted 3-1)

Barcelona v Valencia

Two early goals from Messi gave Barca a commanding 2-0 half-time lead. However in the second half the game went a little crazy....

Hernandez and Soldado brought Valencia back to 2-2 before Pedro struck in the 70th to put Barca in front 3-2.

Valencia thought they had earned a deserved point when Hernandez levelled again in the 84th minute' date=' but their hearts were broken when Carlos Puyol volleyed in an overhead kick from the half-way line on 87.

Barca, whilst being sublime in attack will need to sharpen up at the back this season if they are to pip Real Madrid to La Liga.

4-3 (predicted 3-0)

[b']Napoli v Inter Milan [/b]

As predicted, a very tight game with 3 unlikely scorers. New Inter centre back Vermaelen headed the 'Nerazurri' into a 3rd minute lead. They controlled the play up until half time.

Whatever the Napoli manager said at half time worked as within 2 minutes of the restart Inler equalised with a neat finish. 10 minutes late Paolo Cannavaro headed what turned out to be the winner.

Inter will feel that they did enough to at least draw the match, and will need to be far more clinical in front of goal if they are to challenge for Serie A.

2-1 (predicted 1-1)

An entertaining encounter at the Bay Arena finished with Leverkusen fans leaving happy.

A first half brace from Stefan Kiessling sandwiched an equaliser from Marcel Schmelzer, as Dortmund opened the season in defeat.

Both sides will be looking for more creativity in their play if they are to challenge Bayern for the title.

2-1 (predicted 2-1)

Aren't you the manager of Tolima?

ah sorry just seen result,sorry for u mate...wanna u luck in next matches,i was playing reserves saving first 11 for match with Stuttgart,was expecting to loose or draw,i guess my team was lucky,i didnt play anyone from my recent signings,i was suprised to,my best player was 82 fwd.........:o

Srna goes for a Song

91 rated right back Dario Srna is leaving Shakhtar Donetsk for pastures new at Arsenal. Also going to Arsenal will be £5m in used notes.

In return Shakhtar welcome defensive midfielder ALEX SONG to the club.

Very happy with this deal and the squad keeps improving nicely.

u re one lucky guy,no one wanna such deals when i proposed to them:mad:

Guest drseanfitz

No luck involved - if you put the time and effort in to harrass people into submission then they eventually fold and succumb to your demands;)

and you won a coin toss....................

thumbnail.aspx?q=1618171861436&id=02f2c200f7a680c1efcfb7043ad44150

SIENA 1-2 PALERMO

Did reasonably well in our first game - Palermo only had two shots on goal and what do you know - scored with both! Would have been nice to pick up a point in what will probably be a struggle to stay in the league this season. SERIE A is going to be tough! Still I've made some decent additions -

PLAYERS IN -

438_1314632769.jpgDANNY MURPHY. The Fulham captain comes in for £7mil to partner D'Agostino in midfield

32372_1316997047.jpgMARCO FABIAN. Was suprised there wasn't more interest in the CHIVAS wonderkid - going to be a great player, probably moving to Europe at some point soon, only 22, rated 86, plays AM/WING

17890_1287817332.jpgHECTOR MANCILLA. He may be 31 but the 88 rated CF has been banging them in for TIGRES and is one of few high rated players from MEXICO to hold his rating in the recent changes. A vast improvement on Sienas original 85 rated front line anyway

21132_1313796267.jpgESTEBAN PAREDES. Another 31 year old, but he's a solid performer - regular top scorer in CHILE and will be a sound 87 for a while. He plays AM/FWD so in effect has three positions (wide in a 4-3-3, midfield or up front.) Again a big gain over the **** I traded for him ;)

13218_1281480326.jpgJORGE ESTRADA (Santos Laguna). Don't know too much about this 87 rated RB/RM - except that he's now my highest rated defender! With the Mexican changes having just been made at least I know he has a safe rating, at least for this season

34276_1311605795.jpgYANN SOMMER. Delighted to bring in the 84 rated FC BASEL keeper. He's a point off my current first choice keeper - but he's in on loan so he's not a long term option. Decent keeper, first choice for a champions league last 16 side, under 25, due a big rise some time in the future? Yes please!

17564_1281210238.jpgHUMBERTO SUAZO, 89 rated CF in from Monterrey. Scored a hat-full in Mexico last season and is now that leagues highest rated player I believe. Not sure how safe his rating is long-term due to SM's apparent low-rating of the Mexican league, but in my opinion he did well in Spain a couple of seasons ago and always seems to score goals - and anyway, he's my highest rated player, so no complaints!

43974_1283647713.jpgJOHAN LARSSON, 21 years old, 83 rated RM/WING. One for the future (perhaps). Been on fire for ELFSBORG and whilst this may or may not be a huge accolade I'm hoping he's going to be a good player in the future - and if not a superstar then a money-maker;)

Anyway, despite tonights defeat I reckon the fire-power I have in my side will help SIENA to stay in the top flight

Due to our massive shortages at the back we have managed to secure the signatures of Laurent Koscienly, Olof Melberg and Phil Neville. So the backline from tonights game should never have to play again :P

I'm expecting to be bottom half of the table for the first 10 games or so as have ripped the team apart so they will need to time to gel :)

I think it's fair to say that we could have had a better start to the season, a 3-0 defeat away at Stoke isn't what I expected but hey ho we'll move on to a tough game at home to Gateshead on Monday in the Shield. Can't really see us lighting up the league this season so a decent cup run would be good!

Looking for any defender and a striker for cash, both need to be 88+. Willing to spend £15million on each. Get in touch if you have anyone that I can buy off you.