• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last !

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! August Forum Awards ! Forumer of the month ! The biggy, the one everyone wants goes to Leigh. Leigh contributes to the foru

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! Shels - pull your head in son, your posts aren't always quality either mate! Tom - I think being gracious in defeat is a grand

hehe I fail again :rolleyes:

Somethings not right i guess :D

I wouldn't say you failed mate, I would say you have been excellent just like many others have been but each member of the panel only gets 3 nominations and there are nearly 5000 forum members to choose from!

You can't be that bad after all as you are in the top 24 forumers of the year! Thats some achievement for all involved! On the subject of that too I think you should edit the length of the poll to just one week, there are 2 rounds still to go after this and a Final. If they go on for too long people will become disinterested with the whole process and you will never fit it in before the new year!

Ross, repped your post, absolute top quality both in standard and attitude! Many forumers can learn a whole load from reading posts like that mate!

On this whole noob issue' date=' I completely disagree to be honest! I do not believe a noob has to be someone that joined in the last month! The term noob is open to interpretation! If someone joined in January this year but had 10 posts then all of a sudden come on this month and starting posting quality posts I for one would definitely be voting for them as 'noob of the month'! Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.[/quote']

ok good point,

new definition if this suits you leigh lol

Newb : A Member who becomes active on the forums for a pro longed amount of time, be it 2 months or 1 day after they joined

aslong as they were " inactive" or rarely on when they joined i see no reson to why member x in your example could win. But tom was active from day 1 so thats why i presume he didnt win it

Take your Scout of the month using the above ' date='

Insider 7pts, Luke 5 pts ,Best pay 7pts ,

So nothing against Luke :P:D but because the others got more higher places than him even though same votes they would have been the joint winners .

[/quote']

Dont change it ... Please :P:D haha only kidding, i think its better the way it is tbh then people can share the award when they all deserve it :D

• 2 months later...

breaking%20news.gif

The forumer of the month (FOTM) competition is back!

Adam has asked me to continue the competition while he is away.

There has been suggestions for some new categories which will include but I would like some new suggestions, please make them realistic and something which could include every forumer in the running for the award.

I will continue to use a panel of five people as was used before. Those 5 people will be people whom I believe are honest, active and respectfull forumers, some of which may have been asked to form part of the panel before. These choosen 5 which will form the panel will choose their top 3 for each award and will PM me their choosen top 3 which I will then combine into one and then post them as the results for the months competition.

Now to business. The three previous awards which will continue in the competition are:

Overall forumer of the month

* The overall forumer of the month award is the main event, the big daddy so to speak. This award goes to the forumer who has been the overall best contributer to the forums over the past month. This award can go to any member of the forum, everyone is able to win the award, be it mod or noob or anything else you would feel may not be able to win the award.

The overall forumer of the month should be someone who has made the best contribution to the forum, they should have done something in assosiation with all the other awards: IE - Helped newbies, made great posts / threads, helped with scouting etc etc.

Noob of the month

* The noon of the month award is for the newer members of the forum. The noob of the month can be awarded to anyone that has made a sudden impact within the forum, that hasnt been noticed before. It is preferred that they have been a member of the forum for less then 6 months but there are no boundries for registry date to be illegible for this award.

Scout of the month

* The scout of the month award is given to the forumer who has contributed the best amount of player data and information over the past month. Someone who has helped others by giving them information on players ratings and helping people by mentioned good future potential will be in the running for the award.

New Award:

Post / Thread of the month

* This new award is given to the person who has made the best post on the forums over the past month. Whether it be a new thread's introductory post or a reply to a thread or a match report, it can be voted the Post / Thread of the month.

Because this award has many potential contenders that the panel of 5 could choose from, there will be a shortlist drawn by myself or a specific member of the panel for the rest of the panel to choose from. This shortlist will contain 5 Posts / Thread introductory posts.

The panel will be choosen via PM between now and the 25th of February when the panel will start to submit their top 3 for each award and the votes will be posted and results counted for the February month awards which will hopefully be posted around the 1st of March.

Between now and then, please feel free to suggest new idea's and thoughts on the panel and the competition.

And get contributing to the forums so that you may well be in the running for an award.

Good luck :)

breaking%20news.gif

There has been suggestions for some new categories which will include but I would like some new suggestions' date=' please make them realistic and something which could include every forumer in the running for the award.

I will continue to use a panel of five people as was used before. Those 5 people will be people whom I believe are honest, active and respectfull forumers, some of which may have been asked to form part of the panel before. These choosen 5 which will form the panel will choose their top 3 for each award and will PM me their choosen top 3 which I will then combine into one and then post them as the results for the months competition.

Now to business. The three previous awards which will continue in the competition are:

* The overall forumer of the month award is the main event, the big daddy so to speak. This award goes to the forumer who has been the overall best contributer to the forums over the past month. This award can go to any member of the forum, everyone is able to win the award, be it mod or noob or anything else you would feel may not be able to win the award.

The overall forumer of the month should be someone who has made the best contribution to the forum, they should have done something in assosiation with all the other awards: IE - Helped newbies, made great posts / threads, helped with scouting etc etc.

Noob of the month

* The noon of the month award is for the newer members of the forum. The noob of the month can be awarded to anyone that has made a sudden impact within the forum, that hasnt been noticed before. It is preferred that they have been a member of the forum for less then 6 months but there are no boundries for registry date to be illegible for this award.

Scout of the month

* The scout of the month award is given to the forumer who has contributed the best amount of player data and information over the past month. Someone who has helped others by giving them information on players ratings and helping people by mentioned good future potential will be in the running for the award.

New Award:

* This new award is given to the person who has made the best post on the forums over the past month. Whether it be a new thread's introductory post or a reply to a thread or a match report, it can be voted the Post / Thread of the month.

Because this award has many potential contenders that the panel of 5 could choose from, there will be a shortlist drawn by myself or a specific member of the panel for the rest of the panel to choose from. This shortlist will contain 5 Posts / Thread introductory posts.

The panel will be choosen via PM between now and the 25th of February when the panel will start to submit their top 3 for each award and the votes will be posted and results counted for the February month awards which will hopefully be posted around the 1st of March.

Between now and then, please feel free to suggest new idea's and thoughts on the panel and the competition.

And get contributing to the forums so that you may well be in the running for an award.

What about "Member who grabs the best clubs in 2 days" of the month? I would stand a chance!!!:D :D :P:);)

could i be a nominee for noob of the month?

I havent been noticed before, but I have made over a 150 posts this month.

Also, I have 1,001 posts!

I've been quite inactive on this forum if you consider it.I know I joined in June but I only started posting this month.

Please nominate me!

actually its 1002 posts now!

breaking%20news.gif

There has been suggestions for some new categories which will include but I would like some new suggestions' date=' please make them realistic and something which could include every forumer in the running for the award.

Noob of the month

Scout of the month

New Award:

I always think Match Reporter of the month would be a good category as many of the top forumers earn a lot of rep and spend a lot of time on match reports.

Also are there any prizes and who is part of the panel?

Should the previous months also count for the other awards? (December, January, February)

Austin - As I said in the summary post, anyone can be able to be nominated if a member of the panel believes they are in a specific categorie. It is up to them to decide.

Premiership - For now I dont believe that 'Helper of the month' is a categorie that needs its own award. I feel that someone that is a 'Helper' can fit into the scouting categorie as there are people who go there and advise and help people on players, and again the overall forumer of the month should be someone that has helped and given advice to someone throughout the previous month.

If you believe its an award that really needs to be part of this competition then please just illiterate some points for why it needs to be an award and I will think it over and maybe add it to the next months competition or tell Adam about the possibility of it being used.

TomOwen - Recently the amount of rep given for match reporting has dropped by a pretty big margain compared to what it was in the past few months. I thought about adding the award but due to the decrease in rep given I have just wondered whether match reports are now made for enjoyment or for rep. The overall forumer of the month is someone that should have also made a good contribution in the match report area.

I feel that it is better that match reports are made for the enjoyment of telling and reading someone's story.

I will definetly think about bringing in the award, maybe this month, maybe next month. If anyone has a view on this award please tell me about it and whether you feel its an award needed to be introduced.

There are no official prizes for the FOTM competition. Yet at least, but I am only covering for Adam while he is busy at University. It will be up to him and SM whether prizes are to be given for the awards in the competition.

These awards are obviously a prize for the work you have put into the forum for whichever month the competition is for. In the past people have taken these awards seriously as they should be and have placed a little message such as 'Noob of the month award - June' in their signiture or as a custom user title. For now that is really the only way to show you have won the award.

Although the FOTM competition was inactive in the past few months we will not be doing the competition for those months as it would be too hard to find the right data from that specific month for example.

BenReado - I hope so :)

Armand_Mufc - The panel will be decided shortly. I will be choosing the panel via PM, and they will be choosen for specific reasons such as being forum active, being a certain mod, etc.

TomOwen - Recently the amount of rep given for match reporting has dropped by a pretty big margain compared to what it was in the past few months. I thought about adding the award but due to the decrease in rep given I have just wondered whether match reports are now made for enjoyment or for rep. The overall forumer of the month is someone that should have also made a good contribution in the match report area.

I feel that it is better that match reports are made for the enjoyment of telling and reading someone's story.

I will definetly think about bringing in the award' date=' maybe this month, maybe next month. If anyone has a view on this award please tell me about it and whether you feel its an award needed to be introduced.

There are no official prizes for the FOTM competition. Yet at least, but I am only covering for Adam while he is busy at University. It will be up to him and SM whether prizes are to be given for the awards in the competition.

These awards are obviously a prize for the work you have put into the forum for whichever month the competition is for. In the past people have taken these awards seriously as they should be and have placed a little message such as 'Noob of the month award - June' in their signiture or as a custom user title. For now that is really the only way to show you have won the award.

Although the FOTM competition was inactive in the past few months we will not be doing the competition for those months as it would be too hard to find the right data from that specific month for example.[/quote']

I remember that there was a prize of 50 rep points given out to each winner, but that was long ago.

I still think you should consider doing one for the past three months, except post/thread as we can easily nominate NOOBs and Scouts and Forumers that have been prolific and have done well.

About Match Reporter of the Month, I think all decent forumers, maybe except one or two, always do match reports, and they do it well! I think they deserve to be praised for what they've done in the past month contributing to match reports. Many forumers only post match reports, well most of their posts go there, and if there are scouts of the month, I think it would be unfair if there is no Match Reporter of the Month!

I remember that there was a prize of 50 rep points given out to each winner' date=' but that was long ago.

I still think you should consider doing one for the past three months, except post/thread as we can easily nominate NOOBs and Scouts and Forumers that have been prolific and have done well.

About Match Reporter of the Month, I think all decent forumers, maybe except one or two, always do match reports, and they do it well! I think they deserve to be praised for what they've done in the past month contributing to match reports. Many forumers only post match reports, well most of their posts go there, and if there are scouts of the month, I think it would be unfair if there is no Match Reporter of the Month![/quote']

I personally think that a seperate award for match reporting is pointless, that is just a general part of the forum and should be recognised in the main award. I don't think that every section needs an award at all as it detracts from the main award. If that was to be the case we would have to have awards like....most online award, most annoying award, most spam award and they are all very pointless, much like the helper award which is pretty pointless too as again it is a general part of being a forumer and would come under the main award.

I like to know what makes you think it would not be fair Tom? How would not having an award that you want and that has never previously been included be unfair in anyway?

Also you mention about these awards happening 'long ago'.....I didn't realise that December 2007 was part of the archives now? Seems like it was only a couple of months ago to me....oh wait, it was!:D I know you are only a kid but you are very ungracious and sulky when you don't get what you want aren't you, much like when you didn't win 'noob of the month' in December and threw a little hissy fit. I think you should just let Dan get on with the awards he wants to have and let him decide what is fair and what is not, since it is him running the competition and all I would think he is in the best position to choose.

In my humble opinion the awards that are in place at the mo are fine. Teb did used to award 50 rep points to each winner but I know that the mods are not keen for that to continue and do not like giving out rep points as prizes so that may be a no-goer. The 'scout of the month' award has only just been introduced last time the awards were run so the 4 that are in place should be left to run a while as they are.

I personally think that a seperate award for match reporting is pointless' date=' that is just a general part of the forum and should be recognised in the main award. I don't think that every section needs an award at all as it detracts from the main award. If that was to be the case we would have to have awards like....most online award, most annoying award, most spam award and they are all very pointless, much like the helper award which is pretty pointless too as again it is a general part of being a forumer and would come under the main award.

I like to know what makes you think it would not be fair Tom? How would not having an award that you want and that has never previously been included be unfair in anyway?

Also you mention about these awards happening 'long ago'.....I didn't realise that December 2007 was part of the archives now? Seems like it was only a couple of months ago to me....oh wait, it was!:D I know you are only a kid but you are very ungracious and sulky when you don't get what you want aren't you, much like when you didn't win 'noob of the month' in December and threw a little hissy fit. I think you should just let Dan get on with the awards he wants to have and let him decide what is fair and what is not, since it is him running the competition and all I would think he is in the best position to choose.

In my humble opinion the awards that are in place at the mo are fine. Teb did used to award 50 rep points to each winner but I know that the mods are not keen for that to continue and do not like giving out rep points as prizes so that may be a no-goer. The 'scout of the month' award has only just been introduced last time the awards were run so the 4 that are in place should be left to run a while as they are.[/quote']

Leigh, every time I post an idea, you say it's pointless! Every time I say something, you cut in saying that's it is bad! I guess you're trying to pick on someone who's 12 aren't you? :confused::rolleyes:

Leigh, you did the same to Ross, and I know you are doing this to me because I was protecting Ross! :rolleyes: Now I am thinking if I'm talking to someone who's 27 or 7? :confused: Why don't you think of new ideas yourself.

This is what Dan says:

Looks like I suggested a new idea, didn't I?

Until you are the famous un-replaceable person in this whole wide world, I think you should start thinking of respecting other people and not saying that everything is pointless!

You both have different views and I am willing to listen to them all. Your free to suggest why a certain idea or view may be 'pointless'.

This has nothing to do with any previous incidents so we can just debate about matters on the subject.

Leigh' date=' every time I post an idea, you say it's pointless! Every time I say something, you cut in saying that's it is bad! I guess you're trying to pick on someone who's 12 aren't you? :confused::rolleyes:

Leigh, you did the same to Ross, and I know you are doing this to me because I was protecting Ross! :rolleyes: Now I am thinking if I'm talking to someone who's 27 or 7? :confused: Why don't you think of new ideas yourself.

Looks like I suggested a new idea, didn't I?

Until you are the famous un-replaceable person in this whole wide world, I think you should start thinking of respecting other people and not saying that everything is pointless![/quote']

I don't shoot down all your ideras at all Tom, just the ones that need shooting down. For your information the problems between me and Ross date back to long before you were even part of this forum. They are none of your business and you had no need or right to get involved when you did. They are also sorted out now and have no place in this thread. I don't pick on anyone on the forum Tom and couldn't care if I am replying to a 5 year old or 50 year old, funny enough it doesn't say you have to reply to people differently as they are a bit younger and may get offended in the rules. Perhaps you should grow a pair and learn to deal with criticism when it comes, you are quick to accept the praise but it is learning from criticism that will make you a better person/forumer.

As for my age being 7 or 27, it doesn't matter what my age is as I mentioned above. I am entitled to post with my opinions as much as youi are and I love the way you only start to mention my age when you are feeling picked on as someone has questioned what you have said. I am not picking on anyone, just posting an opinion on a public forum......surely I should be arrested for that as clearly having an opinion different to yours is a criminal offence!:D

Yes, Dan did say to post idea's. He considered yours and said NO, you then come back saying that is not fair!! As I said before, I would love to know why it's unfair and why you get to decide what's fair and what's not baring in mind that DAN is running the competition and not you. Perhaps you should stick to just suggesting and not deciding, leave that to the people who make the decisions. Also, I have no problem how many idea's you suggest, but I will have an opinion on them and will express it much like I did with Premiership's idea too so it's not just you I am singling out.

I do have my own idea's and have already passed them to Dan, funny enough he liked my idea and will be using it but I would have had no problem had he said no to me either.

As for your last part of the post, well.....just ask around the forum. I have total respect for all forumers and treat everybody the same so all I can say is grow up, stop feeling you are being singled out for bullying as someone didn't like your idea and learn that this is a public forum where 5000 people's opinions will differ.

I don't shoot down all your ideras at all Tom' date=' just the ones that need shooting down. For your information the problems between me and Ross date back to long before you were even part of this forum. They are none of your business and you had no need or right to get involved when you did. They are also sorted out now and have no place in this thread. I don't pick on anyone on the forum Tom and couldn't care if I am replying to a 5 year old or 50 year old, funny enough it doesn't say you have to reply to people differently as they are a bit younger and may get offended in the rules. Perhaps you should grow a pair and learn to deal with criticism when it comes, you are quick to accept the praise but it is learning from criticism that will make you a better person/forumer.

As for my age being 7 or 27, it doesn't matter what my age is as I mentioned above. I am entitled to post with my opinions as much as youi are and I love the way you only start to mention my age when you are feeling picked on as someone has questioned what you have said. I am not picking on anyone, just posting an opinion on a public forum......surely I should be arrested for that as clearly having an opinion different to yours is a criminal offence!:D

Yes, Dan did say to post idea's. He considered yours and said NO, you then come back saying that is not fair!! As I said before, I would love to know why it's unfair and why you get to decide what's fair and what's not baring in mind that DAN is running the competition and not you. Perhaps you should stick to just suggesting and not deciding, leave that to the people who make the decisions. Also, I have no problem how many idea's you suggest, but I will have an opinion on them and will express it much like I did with Premiership's idea too so it's not just you I am singling out.

I do have my own idea's and have already passed them to Dan, funny enough he liked my idea and will be using it but I would have had no problem had he said no to me either.

As for your last part of the post, well.....just ask around the forum. I have total respect for all forumers and treat everybody the same so all I can say is grow up, stop feeling you are being singled out for bullying as someone didn't like your idea and learn that this is a public forum where 5000 people's opinions will differ.[/quote']

You know what?

I'm just going to quit arguing because it's not going to do both of us any good. I will say that I respect your opinion, I guess you would think that match reports are part of the general forumer award.

So, I will just sit down on my own and do something else instead of arguing as I see it pointless to carry on.

When will all of the judging' date=' nominating etc. take place? I'm really excited to see how this goes down.[/quote']

I asked Dan to add "helper of the month" in a PM and stated some evidence. He said he'd consider it.

I think it'll start next Monday (25th), or at least that`s what he said.

And for all those in doubt, Dan Payne is not related to Ian or Alex Payne of Sky Sports News. :DB):rolleyes::):D

Scout Of The Month eh' date=' :rolleyes:[/quote']

I reckon you've got a good chance mate. You had the most finds this month i reckon.

Contender for Newcomer? - been here 2 months and got 3 rep bars. *bribes;)*

Only joking :P , just to let you know i don't want to influence your votes in any way:rolleyes:. I'm shore the panel will pick the best people for each award.