Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last !

I reckon you've got a good chance mate. You had the most finds this month i reckon.

Contender for Newcomer? - been here 2 months and got 3 rep bars. *bribes;)*

Only joking :P ' date=' just to let you know i don't want to influence your votes in any way:rolleyes:. I'm shore the panel will pick the best people for each award.[/quote']

Could be an idea for the panel to choose a few people for each category and get them to do a post about why they should win it, such as threads that they have created (e.g helping) i have created Help with deals thread and Who to buy in european setups etc

talent joe you've done sm scouting circle and south america talent thread etc...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! August Forum Awards ! Forumer of the month ! The biggy, the one everyone wants goes to Leigh. Leigh contributes to the foru

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! Shels - pull your head in son, your posts aren't always quality either mate! Tom - I think being gracious in defeat is a grand

Could be an idea for the panel to choose a few people for each category and get them to do a post about why they should win it' date=' such as threads that they have created (e.g helping) i have created Help with deals thread and Who to buy in european setups etc

talent joe you've done sm scouting circle and south america talent thread etc...[/quote']

I created: "How to be successful in a Gold Championship" and ste put it on the blog.

I made - Austin's guide to different styles of play' date=' which was stickied and gave me 52 rep points!:eek:[/quote']

Jesus Christ Almighty 52 rep points! I think the most ive had is 13points and that was for a ratings thread which had over 20 increasing players lol! :eek::rolleyes::D

Just for info...creating one thread that was read by half a dozen people is not going to win anyone any awards. Also advertising what threads tyou have created isn't either. I know for a fact that at least 1 member of the panel would not let that sort of thing affect his judgement.

Just for info...creating one thread that was read by half a dozen people is not going to win anyone any awards. Also advertising what threads tyou have created isn't either. I know for a fact that at least 1 member of the panel would not let that sort of thing affect his judgement.

I believe that none of the panel would let someone's advertising themselves as a contender for award effect their judgement :)

I have PM'd the members of the panel and recieved one set of results in a way back.

The panel was choosen by us forumers actually. The four members of the panel and myself are: Mr. Adamski (Voted FOTY), Leigh - runner up, Bobo 3rd placed and Eclipse 4th place. So that is the explanation for the choosing of the panel.

The system for voting is that for each award, there is a top 3, #1 being the panel's favoured choice, #2 second and 3 third etc. If your voted #1 by a panel member you recieve 10 points, 2nd 7 points and 3rd 4 points, so if your voted 1st by one member of the panel you may be beaten by someone who is consistantly voted #3 in every member's votes.

I will post the panel members votes and a total score when all nominations are in.

Dan one thing can Forumers nominate one thread as the thread to be taken in consideration when the forumer is being thought about-

I nominate any one of my thread to be in contention for the thread of the month and so do many others and the panel choose from that lst-

REDDEVILFC- List of player Talents

BenReado- A guide to success in a GC

and so do others.

Can this happen.

Each member of the panel chooses there top 3 nominations for thread / post of the month.

Every single post / thread in the month of February is able to win. You can ask a member of the panel to nominate a thread of yours but you should / will be ignored basically. It is their personal choice and they will not be influenced by someone asking to nominate their post / thread.

The point system should mean that there will be a winner of some sort.

My orignal idea was to personally form a shortlist of post's / thread's of my choice but being a member of the panel it is probably easier for each member to choose for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan has notified me via PM that he is having internet problems at the mo and cannot get on to announce the winners of last months at the moment. He has said that it is in the process of getting sorted and all the votes are in for him to just announce the winner once he gets his internet fixed.

Right, I apologise for the wait for this and the untimely breaking of my internet connection. £80 to fix it :mad:

Anyway I have some results here from myself, Eclipse and George who has taken Bobo's place due to Bobo not having the time.

Next month I will reconsider who should be on the panel as many people dont have the time right now and that is including some members of February's panel.

Anyway:

George

Scout:

1. Joe_MUFC_93

2. sheva20

3. Tom_WBA

Post/Thread:

1.http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...t=19373&page=5

2. http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...t=20017&page=4

3. http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...ad.php?t=19475

Newbie:

1.fruitbat

2.Birmingham City

3.Dermo

Overall:

1. Leigh

2. Neller

3. Shels

--------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse

Overall FOTM:

#2 Shelbourne

#3 Ben Reado

Scout of the month:

#1 Zozo Gerricks

#2 Tom Spam

#3 REDEVILFC

Post/Thread of the month:

#1 Zozo Gerricks German Rating...

#2 SM Groups

#3 GC11

Newbie of the month:

No Idea

Myself

Scout:

1. Joe_MUFC_93

2. Made In Romania

3. BenReado

Post/Thread:

1. SM - Westgate - Transfer Question (Thread)

2. http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=20570 (Post)

3. http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=19373&page=5

Newbie:

1.Welshman

2: Smartdoc

3.Made In Romania

Overall:

1. Smartdoc

2. Shels

3: Leigh

Edit:

Thanks to Sparky for your quick reply and round up of nominations:

Overall:

Ben Reado

Leigh

Shels

Scout

Joe_MUFC

Zozo Gericks

Tom Pham

Post/Thread Of The Month

SM Groups

South American Superstars

SmartDoc

Welshman

Birmingham City

So I will be now asking Leigh, (Sorry Leigh, deleted PM by mistake) to submit his results again and I will also ask a new member as Adam is away and was only able to give me the names of his overall 3 before having to take time away. - Done - Sparky.

Full results will be in asap, again apologies.

Here you go Dan....

Scout:

1. Tom Owen

2. Teb

3. Joe MUFC 93

Post/Thread:

1. Not really that fussed about this award, nothing that stands out for me.

2. Possibly Transfer Question if I had to choose as it came from my rant!:D

Newbie:

1. Welshman 28385

2: Ben Reado

3. Logan 09

Overall:

1. Sparky

2. Smartdoc

3: Dan Payne

Right then here is an overview of the votes and the winners revealed for the February FOTM 08.

George

Scout:

1. Joe_MUFC_93

2. sheva20

3. Tom_WBA

Post/Thread:

1.http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...t=19373&page=5

2. http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...t=20017&page=4

3. http://forum.soccermanager.com/s...ad.php?t=19475

Newbie:

1.fruitbat

2.Birmingham City

3.Dermo

Overall:

1. Leigh

2. Neller

3. Shels

--------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse

Overall FOTM:

#2 Shelbourne

#3 Ben Reado

Scout of the month:

#1 Zozo Gerricks

#2 Tom Spam

#3 REDEVILFC

Post/Thread of the month:

#1 Zozo Gerricks German Rating...

#2 SM Groups

#3 GC11

Newbie of the month:

No Idea

Myself

Scout:

1. Joe_MUFC_93

2. Made In Romania

3. BenReado

Post/Thread:

1. SM - Westgate - Transfer Question (Thread)

2. http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=20570 (Post)

3. http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=19373&page=5

Newbie:

1.Welshman

2: Smartdoc

3.Made In Romania

Overall:

1. Smartdoc

2. Shels

3: Leigh

Sparky

Overall:

Ben Reado

Leigh

Shels

Scout

Joe_MUFC

Zozo Gericks

Tom Pham

Post/Thread Of The Month

SM Groups

South American Superstars

SmartDoc

Welshman

Birmingham City

Leigh

Scout:

1. Tom Owen

2. Teb

3. Joe MUFC 93

Post/Thread:

1. Not really that fussed about this award, nothing that stands out for me.

2. Possibly Transfer Question if I had to choose as it came from my rant!

Newbie:

1. Welshman 28385

2: Ben Reado

3. Logan 09

Overall:

1. Sparky

2. Smartdoc

3: Dan Payne

Panel voted #1's are worth 10 overall points, #2's are worth 7 points and #3's are woth 3 points and are added up to form the points for the results.

Results

Overall

1: Shels 26

2: Leigh 20

3: BenReado & Smartdoc 17

Scout of the Month

1: Joe_MUFC 33

2: Tom Owen 20

3: Zoro Gericks 17

Newbie of the Month

1: Welshman 27

2: Smartdoc 17

3: BirminghamCity 10

Post/Thread of the Month

1: Transfer Question 20

2: SM Groups 17

3: Who are the touchiest fans on SM 13

Congratulations to the winners of the specific categories. This months competition was a bit behind and not up to standards and internet problems and general busyness of the panel didnt help.

For the March competition I will be making a few changes and Im still happy to listen to anyone's suggestions but I cant promise quick reply's or that I will not experiance more internet problems but I will be making sure that next months competition is an improvement.

Congratulation Shels, well deserved mate. A proper forumer with no airs and graces about him :);)

Also Congrats to Joe for totally transforming the world of scouting and offering some true competition to Insider :D and Welshman whose all round knowledge and banter is well deserving of newbie of the month (mate you talk more sense than a whole heap of us added together).

Umm....Gee ...Thanks,

I think this will be my only award on SM so here is my speech...lol

"I would like to thank my Mum and Dad, if not for them I wouldn't be here today...I would like to thank SM, for just being here and most of all...I would like to thank all of you....My fellow forumers, without you I would not have anyone to have debates with or have anywhere to talk about football....Again...Thank you"...LOL

Thanks Smartdoc for your very kind comments.....:D and thanks to the panel who voted for me...

I will be forumer of the month, just you wait and see....lol:D

Thanks again...:D

:eek: Thanks

But How I Get a Total Of 23 :rolleyes: Re-Count ?

Anyway Just Want To Congratulate The Other Winners & Runners Up, Just As Good As Wiining Them Awards For Scouting,Noob, & Thread Of The Month.

As For The Noobs Catorgary, For The 2nd Month Running Extremly Competitive & For The Forums Success I Hope Its As Competitive Next Month & After That.....

Thanks for the award of 'Scout Of The Month' fellow forumers. I hope to continue my South America Scouting thread - Part 2 coming up after I reach #100 on my Part 1 thread (Part 2 will be created on May Day) - Need a rest ;)

I am also planning more player ratings, as well as moving scouting on to Europe at a later date. However, my main aim for this forum in the future, is to provide detailed guides for the South American U15, U17 and U20 Championships, and of course the U17 and U20 World Cups.

Once again, thanks to Dan Payne, Eclipse, Leigh and George and Sparky for organising a great idea.

Congratulations, to Shelbourne and Welshman for winning also.