• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last !

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! August Forum Awards ! Forumer of the month ! The biggy, the one everyone wants goes to Leigh. Leigh contributes to the foru

Re: Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last ! Shels - pull your head in son, your posts aren't always quality either mate! Tom - I think being gracious in defeat is a grand

Congratulations for Joe' date=' Welshman and Shelbourne for winning.

I am happy with second place, but next month, Joe, look out, I'm coming for that reward Joe. :):D[/quote']

Good, you will get it, cos I am skiing :P

and... revising for my exams :mad:

Yeah I only count 20 points for Shels!:confused:

Congrats though Shels' date=' you are always there and there abouts so no surprise! Also congrats to the other winners.[/quote']

Yeah I forgot to mention before hand, in Sam's votes (Eclipse) he has Shels in 2nd but hasnt got a first place nomination, therefore I gave Shels the first place and Ben Reado in 2nd. Hope that clears that up :)

Results

Overall

1: Shels 23

2: Leigh 20

3: BenReado & Smartdoc 17

Scout of the Month

1: Joe_MUFC 33

2: Tom Owen 20

3: Zoro Gericks 17

Newbie of the Month

1: Welshman 27

2: Smartdoc 17

3: BirminghamCity 10

Post/Thread of the Month

1: Transfer Question 20

2: SM Groups 17

3: Who are the touchiest fans on SM 13

I got 3rd place overall :eek: , I'm delighted with that :D , I thought i may get a vote or two for Noob but I'm astonished anyone would vote for me as overall. Thanks Panel ;) ,

Also was the SM Group Thread the one i created, If it was I'm really happy with that also,

Finally congrats, to all the winners, and it's wonderful to see i was compared with the likes of Smartdoc, It does mean a lot :)

I have just confirmed with Sam (Eclipse) that he had wanted Shels 1st = 10 points and Ben Reado 2nd with 7 points.

[c=4] Sammm I Love You Sophie [/c] 523 & 93 DAYS! ...She's One In A Million To Me... says:

nah shels first reado second

Thus meaning that the past results are the correct results and the standings remain the same.

Sorry for all the problems, I will be looking over the systems for next months competition and will announce a new categorie next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Forumer of the month will be back come the 23rd of May with new categories, voting system and panel!!!

I have decided that since we skipped March's FOTM we will make this a double month competition as I didnt have the time to do anything for March so therefore this is for the months of March / April.

The thread / post of the month wasnt the biggest success and so I will be removing the categorie and testing a new one revealed later :) This doesnt mean that this categorie will not return, it just means I have decided to test a few categories before making one official.

The voting system has changed. I will be choosing 4 members of the forum to join myself in choosing the winners of each categorie.

The members of the panel will be 4 people that I have seen have been active over the past month and that will not be bias at all.

The voting system is alot more simple. 3rd = 10 points, 2nd = 20 points and 1st = 30 points. That way it is alot easier to add up and easier for everyone to see.

I will also ask the members of the panel to post their choices straight onto this thread so we can see how the votes are coming along as they come in.

The new categorie is 'Match Reporter Of The Month'

Simple as that, each member of the panel will just have to choose their own top 3 'MROTM'.

I will be asking the members of the forum I would like to be on the panel via PM this Sunday 20th April. I will also post my choices on the forum for everyone to know before hand.

I am also happy to listen to PM's for new categories for next month.

• 1 month later...

Just reading through a few old posts, I ran into this thread again and re-read all of Dan Payne's last post about the thread being returned on the 23rd of May, seems like it's the 25th of May at the moment, so we are two days behind schedule.

I agree that the Thread of the Month/Post of the Month should be removed and saw that Match Reporter of the Month was added so a good idea has been put into place, but surely this will cause controversy since it will only be pushed around few people who constantly post in that section.

So the panel, may we know who it is and if/will this thing continue as it has been quite a success since it started.

I was ready to write here a few hours ago when I saw that stupid thread about the romanian players and I posted there.

I was wondering what happened with the thread and I'd like to know where's the list with forumer of the month at all the sections for march 2008 ?

• 4 weeks later...

let's w8 for holidays' date=' they could have more time there and re-open this.. :|[/quote']

True, let's hope it's that way.

You know what I just noticed. Look at the thread title:

"Forumer of the month - new , improved and this time it will last !"

Lols, guess it didn't last. :D

No worries' date=' it's things like that which we can't change. Do you have consistent Internet access now? If so any chance of getting this thread back up? Cheers mate.[/quote']

I certainly do ! and will talk to dan and leigh about running it again ;) !

Nice idea' date=' but............ isnt more fair make public poll for contestants?[/quote']

No because people will vote for their mates and not who actually deserves the awards.....A panel is the best way to do it, impartial and unbiased....

You know me mate just like pointing out the obvious :P

Who are the current panel btw' date=' first time I'v really paid any attention to this thread lol[/quote']

George, Sam(Eclipse), Dan Payne, Leigh and Sparky were the last load of judges....

Not a bad mix of personalities there' date=' looks like a good choice to me.[/quote']

I've got the best personality out of 'em all! :P

I think the judges must start this along with Adam as Dan is currently having net problems:(