Most impressive youth of SM

Re: Most impressive youth of SM

You have Gotze as your avatar so your opinion is probably slightly biased and you also say 'Hazard is poor' in your avatar..... Hmmm.

Like NariN says' date=' everyone is too hung up on Gotze. He's a fantastic player and will be a 94/95 in a few years but to say he was better than Messi at his age is ridiculous.[/quote']

I only said Hazard..poor is to **** Elohim off :P

Just because Messi scored that wonder goal against Getafe doesn't make him better than Gotze at his age, also Gotze scored a similar goal against Hannover last season at the age of 18 and has stats that even seasoned veterans couldn't do and not even Messi could do at 18 ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Most impressive youth of SM I've been playing for 5 years...Messi has been well rated all the time I've been playing. Lionel Messi (Rating Changes 2007 - 2011) 19 - 93>94 20 - 94>95 20

Hi, I've been playing SM for about 2 years now and i think the most impressive young players rating and age wise i have seen are Gotze (19, 91), Aguero (21, 94) and pato (20, 92). I was wondering for

Re: Most impressive youth of SM Silly statement.. Messi had way more talent than Gotze at 19

I only said Hazard..poor is to **** Elohim off :P

Just because Messi scored that wonder goal against Getafe doesn't make him better than Gotze at his age' date=' also Gotze scored a similar goal against Hannover last season at the age of 18 and has stats that even seasoned veterans couldn't do and not even Messi could do at 18 ;)[/quote']

Lol Messi did more than score a goal against Getafe.

Gotze really is a brilliant, brilliant player but to suggest he is as good as Messi was at his age is just incorrect. It's not even up for debate.

Lol Messi did more than score a goal against Getafe.

Gotze really is a brilliant' date=' brilliant player but to suggest he is as good as Messi was at his age is just incorrect. It's not even up for debate.[/quote']

What else did Messi do?

Could Messi get a MOTM performance against one of the best NT sides in the world, at least Gotze performs for his country?

What else did Messi do?

Could Messi get a MOTM performance against one of the best NT sides in the world' date=' at least Gotze performs for his country?[/quote']

And Messi doesn't? :D

Messi scored 22 goals for Argentina in 67 games,it is not that bad,and he has many assists.

Gotze is the most sought after young player on SM at the moment so it is understandable that he is rated so highly on here. However, from what I actually saw of Messi aged 19, he already had unreal ball control, far superior to Gotze and a big expectancy/reputation to go with it. As others said, Messi could already be considered one of the greatest of all time, in 5-10 years maybe he is comfortably the best.

I agree Gotze is a shoe in (barring great injury misfortune) for 94/95 rating but 94/5 and 99 are worlds apart.

What else did Messi do?

Could Messi get a MOTM performance against one of the best NT sides in the world' date=' at least Gotze performs for his country?[/quote']

If i have to actually inform you of how good Messi was, it's not worth my time. You need to watch more football :o

And Messi doesn't? :D

Messi scored 22 goals for Argentina in 67 games' date='it is not that bad,and he has many assists.[/quote']

Besides I wouldnt place so much emphasis on NT considering most players play with their clubs all season. Also his NT is Argentina and you dont really have much of a chance at competing in Euro but rather in CONMEBOL and Copa.

It's alright, nothing on his Barca stats ;)

Where was Messi in the Copa, he was invisible, he has the quality around him then why doesn't he deliver? :confused:

Answer: He's not as good as Gotze :D

If i have to actually inform you of how good Messi was' date=' it's not worth my time. You need to watch more football :o[/quote']

That's a petty excuse for a person who can't give me an answer, give me an answer than.

I know he was good, he scored a hat-trick against RM, was brilliant against Juventus but that doesn't make him better than Gotze, who has performed for club AND country, stats don't mean anything, Podolski had amazing stats. where is he now? I watch Gotze weekly before he got injured, you probably only judge him off what you've seen on Youtube

Gotze is the most sought after young player on SM at the moment so it is understandable that he is rated so highly on here. However' date=' from what I actually saw of Messi aged 19, he already had unreal ball control, far superior to Gotze and a big expectancy/reputation to go with it. As others said, Messi could already be considered one of the greatest of all time, in 5-10 years maybe he is comfortably the best.

I agree Gotze is a shoe in (barring great injury misfortune) for 94/95 rating but 94/5 and 99 are worlds apart.[/quote']

They both have similar ball control, watch Gotze weekly then I can agree with you but I doubt you do so I cannot take your comments seriously

It's alright' date=' nothing on his Barca stats ;)

Where was Messi in the Copa, [b']he was invisible[/b], he has the quality around him then why doesn't he deliver? :confused:

Answer: He's not as good as Gotze :D

Didnt know you could get 3 MOTM out of 4 Copa games by being invisible. ;)

Didnt know you could get 3 MOTM out of 4 Copa games by being invisible. ;)

It was against Bolivia, which they drew :P and Costa Rica, obviously he'll get MOTM performances against these mediocre teams, this Argetina team with 'one of the greatest players of all time' could not even make the semis, the top 4 when a side of their quality should be the top 4 in the world, he was invisible against Germany in the 4-0 battering and hit the post many times against Nigeria, another mediocre team, he doesn't perform against the big sides in his NT

They both have similar ball control' date=' watch Gotze weekly then I can agree with you but I doubt you do so I cannot take your comments seriously[/quote']

No no no no no. Is this for real? Messi has waaaaaay better ball control. By far the best. Gotze has very good ball control but his passing is his best trait to be honest. He is hardly poor at dribbling. Sadly if this is what you believe genuinely that Gotze is better than Messi then I must conclude you are simply blinded by Gotzes hype and SM appeal. There is a reason Messi is rated highest on game, won 3 Balon Dors in a row still only aged 24. Also, to those expecting him to score 2 goals a game for Argentina, his performances are not 'bad'. People forget that although Argentina are massive historically, at the moment they are having a torrid time. Expecting everything to come from 1 player and not playing as a team. Germany are in a nice situation, lots of young players playing the same brand of football in a stable setup. Ultimately this decides far more than one players performances do, no matter how good he is. It is a TEAM game. Portugal are hardly breathtaking but Ronaldo is clearly better than Gotze too. For his NT Messi is expected to do everything.

He picks up the ball from defence AND has to playmake AND gets goals and assists although not as prolific as for his club. He is not poor for Argentina, this is becoming irritating when people say this, he was excellent at the world cup, did everything but score. Don't even want to turn to stats because there is another comparison where Messi wins hands down.

Conclusion: You are obviously just winding us up intentionally. ;)

No no no no no. Is this for real? Messi has waaaaaay better ball control. By far the best. Gotze has very good ball control but his passing is his best trait to be honest. He is hardly poor at dribbling. Sadly if this is what you believe genuinely that Gotze is better than Messi then I must conclude you are simply blinded by Gotzes hype and SM appeal. There is a reason Messi is rated highest on game' date=' won 3 Balon Dors in a row still only aged 24. Also, to those expecting him to score 2 goals a game for Argentina, his performances are not 'bad'. Certainly not as outstanding as for Barcelona, but for his NT he is expected to do everything.

He picks up the ball from defence AND has to playmake AND gets goals and assists although not as prolific as for his club. He is not poor for Argentina, this is becoming irritating when people say this, he was excellent at the world cup, did everything but score. Don't even want to turn to stats because there is another comparison where Messi wins hands down.

Conclusion: You are obviously just winding us up intentionally. ;)[/quote']

But surely a player of his quality, 'greatest player of all time' should be able to live up to that expectation, Maradona had a mediocre NT yet he made them win the World Cup, he wasn't excellent against the WC, maybe against the poor teams and even then he couldn't score, he was invisible against Germany and the great Lionel Messi couldn't work his magic :P

It was against Bolivia' date=' which they drew :P and Costa Rica, obviously he'll get MOTM performances against these mediocre teams, this Argetina team with 'one of the greatest players of all time' could even make the semis, the top 4 when a side of their quality should be the top 4 in the world, he was invisible against Germany in the 4-0 battering and hit the post many times against Nigeria, another mediocre team, he doesn't perform against the big sides in his NT[/quote']

Ha yeh according to you he would obviously get MOTM but he must've been doing something and like I said, its obviously teams like Costa and Bolivia because Argentina dont get the chance to play Euro and such. Its just COPA dont have very good teams. Also didnt Gotze get MOTM against Brazil? I can also say they arent very good as they didnt even make the semis like Argentina and have been mediocre lately. Also what player has never had his bad days eh? Like I say, its a shame to base your argument off one MOTM for Gotze.

That's a petty excuse for a person who can't give me an answer' date=' give me an answer than.

I know he was good, he scored a hat-trick against RM, was brilliant against Juventus but that doesn't make him better than Gotze, who has performed for club [b']AND[/b] country, stats don't mean anything, Podolski had amazing stats. where is he now? I watch Gotze weekly before he got injured, you probably only judge him off what you've seen on Youtube

It's not an excuse at all. Genuinely, if you don't know how good Messi was at 19 compared to Gotze, it's not worth arguing with you because you're probably lacking a brain cell or two.

You cannot compare a player at club level to how a player plays for his NT. Argentina struggle to find a goalkeeper and a defence that isn't under the age of 40 for each game. Thats why they don't win. Not to mention their lack of a decent manager for about 25 years.

The problem with Messi is because of how good he is for Barca, people expect super human performances for Argentina. They have about 5 world class strikers and thats it. You try and find a tactic and formation to suit playing Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Lavezzi and Di Maria.

If you genuinely believe Gotze was better than Messi at the age of 19, you're another example of the silly kids that play this game that simply fall to forum peer pressure when it comes to hyping players up.

But surely a player of his quality' date=' 'greatest player of all time' should be able to live up to that expectation, Maradona had a mediocre NT yet he made them win the World Cup, he wasn't excellent against the WC, maybe against the poor teams and even then he couldn't score, he was invisible against Germany and the great Lionel Messi couldn't work his magic :P[/quote']

He did everything except score. The media love to go on about 'oooh this guy hasn't even managed to score', he performed better than all but a few players at the WC and was very unlucky not to score.

Some people clearly don't watch Argentina if they think Messi is poor for them.

He stands out less to the untrained eye, but he is still top class in what he does.

Anyway this argument is ridiculous. Are you actually saying you consider Gotze better than Messi at this moment in time?

Ha yeh according to you he would obviously get MOTM but he must've been doing something and like I said' date=' its obviously teams like Costa and Bolivia because Argentina dont get the chance to play Euro and such. Its just COPA dont have very good teams. Also didnt Gotze get MOTM against Brazil? I can also say they arent very good as they didnt even make the semis like Argentina and have been mediocre lately. [/b']Also what player has never had his bad days eh? Like I say, its a shame to base your argument off one MOTM for Gotze.

I am not basing my argument off one MOTM for Gotze, I am saying he has got a MOTM performance against Brazil at barely 19 while Messi still at the age of 24 can't even get his side to win the COPA. They have good teams, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay etc.

I am not basing my argument off one MOTM for Gotze' date=' I am saying he has got a MOTM performance against Brazil at barely 19 while Messi still at the age of 24 can't even get his side to win the COPA. They have good teams, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay etc.[/quote']

Brazil team isn't that good,they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay weaker than Spain or some other good teams.

Versus Bosnia,brazil was awful,they did not have 3 good chances,Marcelo was their best player..

There is at least 5 teams better than brazil at the moment.

It's not an excuse at all. Genuinely' date=' if you don't know how good Messi was at 19 compared to Gotze, it's not worth arguing with you because you're probably lacking a brain cell or two.

You cannot compare a player at club level to how a player plays for his NT. Argentina struggle to find a goalkeeper and a defence that isn't under the age of 40 for each game. Thats why they don't win. Not to mention their lack of a decent manager for about 25 years.

The problem with Messi is because of how good he is for Barca, people expect super human performances for Argentina. They have about 5 world class strikers and thats it. You try and find a tactic and formation to suit playing Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Lavezzi and Di Maria.

If you genuinely believe Gotze was better than Messi at the age of 19, you're another example of the silly kids that play this game that simply fall to forum peer pressure when it comes to hyping players up.[/quote']

100% agree with this post.

It's not an excuse at all. Genuinely' date=' if you don't know how good Messi was at 19 compared to Gotze, it's not worth arguing with you because you're probably lacking a brain cell or two.

If you genuinely believe Gotze was better than Messi at the age of 19, you're another example of the silly kids that play this game that simply fall to forum peer pressure when it comes to hyping players up.[/quote']

Maradona had a mediocre team yet made Argentina win the world cup, all I am saying is that Gotze is consistent for club AND country at the age of 19 while Messi was not consistent for his NT at the age of 19, watch his fail against Kaka and still isn't

It is my opinion, you don't have to say I have lost a brain cell or two, luckily for you I don't get offended easily but if that was anyone else, you would get reported, refrain from using language like that in the future please ;)