Most impressive youth of SM

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Most impressive youth of SM I've been playing for 5 years...Messi has been well rated all the time I've been playing. Lionel Messi (Rating Changes 2007 - 2011) 19 - 93>94 20 - 94>95 20

Hi, I've been playing SM for about 2 years now and i think the most impressive young players rating and age wise i have seen are Gotze (19, 91), Aguero (21, 94) and pato (20, 92). I was wondering for

Re: Most impressive youth of SM Silly statement.. Messi had way more talent than Gotze at 19

Re: Most impressive youth of SM

I am not basing my argument off one MOTM for Gotze' date=' I am saying he has got a MOTM performance against Brazil at barely 19 while Messi still at the age of 24 can't even get his side to win the COPA. They have good teams, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay etc.[/quote']

Yeh well obviously Messi didnt get the chance to face these teams, also the weight shouldnt be on Messi's shoulders alone to win for the team. If the other players arent performing what do you expect? Its not as if he is on his own, Ronaldo hasnt done that much better. What I do know is Germany, all the players do well. Also it's like you are saying just because he got MOTM he is better at 19 than Messi? Brazil are mediocre anyway like I said but when it comes to defending your precious Gotze then obviously they are the best in the world and for Messi Argentina is mediocre when they ended up same as Brazil in the world cup. As far as Im concerned it club level where you will get your rises because Euro and World cup comes within two years of each other and thats a long time. At 19 Messi was well better overall and if you think Gotze is better now than he should win the Ballon d'Or at 21 or even before, what are the odds?

Maradona had a mediocre team yet made Argentina win the world cup' date=' all I am saying is that Gotze is consistent for club [b']AND[/b] country at the age of 19 while Messi was not consistent for his NT at the age of 19, watch his fail against Kaka and still isn't

It is my opinion, you don't have to say I have lost a brain cell or two, luckily for you I don't get offended easily but if that was anyone else, you would get reported, refrain from using language like that in the future please ;)

Messi is inconsistent.......at the genius level yes, as is every footballer who ever lived even Maradona and Pele. Messi is consistent at the brilliant level. Messi has had tremendous pressure on him, he is expected to change the game by scoring 3 each game (something not expected from Gotze....because he never does).

The longer this argument goes on the more ridiculous it gets.

Why am I wasting my time arguing against ONE forumer that LIONEL MESSI is better than a young German talent with one full season of experience, a joke to be honest. Nothing you post changes facts. Here is the fact:

Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gotze

END OF.

Also' date=' you cunningly tried to pass it off quietly, but lets just rewind to Messis hatrick vs Madrid. Hmmm, can't see Gotze pulling that off if i'm honest.[/quote']

I didn't pass it off cunningly, if I wanted to I wouldnt have mentioned it, I can see Gotze pull that off.

The first goal Gotze could have scored easily, he could have scored the second and I reckon he could score the third

Yeh well obviously Messi didnt get the chance to face these teams' date=' also the weight shouldnt be on Messi's shoulders alone to win for the team. If the other players arent performing what do you expect? Its not as if he is on his own, Ronaldo hasnt done that much better. What I do know is Germany, all the players do well. Also it's like you are saying just because he got MOTM he is better at 19 than Messi? Brazil are mediocre anyway like I said but when it comes to defending your precious Gotze then obviously they are the best in the world and for Messi Argentina is mediocre when they ended up same as Brazil in the world cup. As far as Im concerned it club level where you will get your rises because Euro and World cup comes within two years of each other and thats a long time. At 19 Messi was well better overall and if you think Gotze is better now than he should win the Ballon d'Or at 21 or even before, what are the odds? [/b']

Maradona's NT weren't performing but such was his quality that even if his other peers were medicore he could set the match on fire, just watch his performance in the 1986 WC, the players were far less talented than the current Argentina NT yet he won them the WC single-handedly

Messi is inconsistent.......at the genius level yes' date=' as is every footballer who ever lived even Maradona and Pele. Messi is consistent at the brilliant level. Messi has had tremendous pressure on him, he is expected to change the game by scoring 3 each game (something not expected from Gotze....because he never does).

The longer this argument goes on the more ridiculous it gets.

Why am I wasting my time arguing against ONE forumer that LIONEL MESSI is better than a young German talent with one full season of experience, a joke to be honest. Nothing you post changes facts. Here is the fact:

Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gotze

END OF.[/quote']

If a player is truly great than they can handle the pressure and perform on the biggest stage, i.e the WC

It's not a fact, it's an opinion ;)

Some Guy from Bosnia scored 6 goals in playoff of CL when he was 17' date='cannot remember his name at the moment,but that doesnt mean that he is better than Messi ;) .[/quote']

Did I say stats make him better than Messi only, Podolski had better stats than Messi at 19 doesn't make him better, Gotze has performed against teams like Arsenal, Munich etc, even though Messi scored a hat-trick against RM, two of them were so simple event And Carroll could have scored them ;)

My work here is done, if you don't agree with me keep it to yourself, it is my opinion, I respect your opinion but IMO Gotze is better than Messi was at 19, if Gotze hadn't got injured, we would not have been having this argument

Gotze will come back against Munich, watch the match instead of watching Youtube videos of him, they don't show everything, then you will see how good he is ;)

Maradona's NT weren't performing but such was his quality that even if his other peers were medicore he could set the match on fire' date=' just watch his performance in the 1986 WC, the players were far less talented than the current Argentina NT yet he won them the WC single-handedly[/quote']

Maybe less talented but what I'm saying is that this current team isnt always playing at their best. You can have one team less talented than another but still they can play better.

My work here is done' date=' if you don't agree with me keep it to yourself, it is my opinion, I respect your opinion but IMO Gotze is better than Messi was at 19, if Gotze hadn't got injured, we would not have been having this argument

Gotze will come back against Munich, [b']watch the match instead of watching Youtube videos of him, they don't show everything, then you will see how good [/b]he is ;)

Same goes for Messi.. :D

Maradona had a mediocre team yet made Argentina win the world cup' date=' all I am saying is that Gotze is consistent for club [b']AND[/b] country at the age of 19 while Messi was not consistent for his NT at the age of 19, watch his fail against Kaka and still isn't

It is my opinion, you don't have to say I have lost a brain cell or two, luckily for you I don't get offended easily but if that was anyone else, you would get reported, refrain from using language like that in the future please ;)

You keep going back to club AND country, but this is just the point the others have been making, Messi does actually play very well for Argentina, if you believe otherwise you're just another example of those jumping on the OMGZ MESSI IS RUBBISH FOR ARGENTINA BECAUSE HE DOESNT SCORE 5 GOALS A GAME AND HASNT WON A WORLD CUP OMGZZZZ media bandwagon.

Gotze has made 12 appearances for Germany and not all of those have been brilliant so don't get ahead of yourself. Its very easy to pick out one or two good games.

You say you don't get offended easily yet felt the need to bring it up? Lol most others wouldn't bring it up so get a grip.

Also this isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Messi at 19 was better than Gotze is now. It's simply not debatable. I'm done.

Maybe less talented but what I'm saying is that this current team isnt always playing at their best. You can have one team less talented than another but still they can play better.

Why aren't they playing at their best, they have players like Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi, Di Maria etc and ofc they have 'the greatest' Messi :P

The reason Maradona's team played better was because of his magical performances, if Messi is as good as people say than surely he should be able to do the same yet he hasn't, not only is he not perfoming but the whole team isn't. Maradona's NT were successful because he was not distracted by his side's talent but concentrated on his own performance and tried his best and look where that got him, a WC and the title of 'best player of all time'

If Messi is really as good as people say then he should be able to perform no matter what his peers are doing, that is the mark of a truly great player :)

You keep going back to club AND country' date=' but this is just the point the others have been making, Messi does actually play very well for Argentina, if you believe otherwise you're just another example of those jumping on the OMGZ MESSI IS RUBBISH FOR ARGENTINA BECAUSE HE DOESNT SCORE 5 GOALS A GAME AND HASNT WON A WORLD CUP OMGZZZZ media bandwagon.

Gotze has made 12 appearances for Germany and not all of those have been brilliant so don't get ahead of yourself. Its very easy to pick out one or two good games.

You say you don't get offended easily yet felt the need to bring it up? Lol most others wouldn't bring it up so get a grip.

Also this isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Messi at 19 was better than Gotze is now. It's simply not debatable. I'm done.[/quote']

How do you know most others wouldn't bring it up? :P

Have you said that to other people, what was the need to say that, or is that just your rude personality and maybe people don't say anything because they are intimidated by you, by the way you talk I am not surprised many people don't answer back :rolleyes::o

But he is poor for Argentina, you don't have to score or make an assist to have a good game, watch Gotze play, it's his passing, creativity that makes him a great player, I've seen Messi play for Argentina and trust me he plays poorly

I watch Gotze week in week out, you probably just watch Youtube videos so I cannot take your comments seriosuly without watching him, therefore watch the Dortmund vs Munich match then your whole attitude will change

Why aren't they playing at their best' date=' they have players like Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi, Di Maria etc and ofc they have 'the greatest' Messi :P

The reason Maradona's team played better was because of his magical performances, if Messi is as good as people say than surely he should be able to do the same yet he hasn't, not only is he not perfoming but the whole team isn't. Maradona's NT were successful because he was not distracted by his side's talent but concentrated on his own performance and tried his best and look where that got him, a WC and the title of 'best player of all time'

If Messi is really as good as people say then he should be able to perform no matter what his peers are doing, that is the mark of a truly great player :)[/quote']

Who knows why they arent playing good? The point I am making is there is 11 players on the pitch, its not all about one. If the midfield is getting dominated for example how can the ball get to Messi? this is the point I'm making and if the defence isnt doing good then how can the team win? Also like someone else said Gotze hasnt even played much yet to determine he is the best with his NT, thus far his record his hardly anything special. Its not good to cherry pick.

Shocked...absolutely shocked.

It is true though haha.

I'm not taking it away from Gotze. For a 19 year old to be doing that at his age is fantastic, mind blowing to be fair. I'm just saying you don't all of a sudden become the best player in the world, or one of the best in history, unless you were brilliant at such a young age.

Who knows why they arent playing good? The point I am making is there is 11 players on the pitch' date=' its not all about one. If the midfield is getting dominated for example how can the ball get to Messi?[/b'] this is the point I'm making and if the defence isnt doing good then how can the team win? Also like someone else said Gotze hasnt even played much yet to determine he is the best with his NT, thus far his record his hardly anything special. Its not good to cherry pick.

Watch Maradona 1986 WC, his goals against Belgium and England demonstrate that although he was the only shining beacon in the first 11 he still performed, Messi gets the ball but what he does with it is not effective as Argentina don't win, Maradona got one pass and away he went, Maradona 1986 Argentina NT's defence were poor yet he still scored, this current NT has a better defence, midfield and attack yet they cannot replicate the 1986 Argentina, not only that Maradona made a mediocre Napoli team into champions and he used to get hacked at every opportunity while Messi gets treatment, watch the foul of Seedorf he should have got a yellow but did he, NO because he is Lionel Messi, a player who doesn't even perform for his country