Most impressive youth of SM

Pedworgan

Re: Most impressive youth of SM

Woah' date=' are you trying to say Gotze is better than Messi?

I know I'll probably get that old 'it's only my opinion', but come, seriously on. I've heard of being bias before, but this is just :eek:[/quote']

I am saying that Gotze is better than Messi than when he was 18, 19 whether he will be as good as Messi when he is 24, I doubt it but he has the potential. Unless an injury ruins his career or something, hopefully not because he is a once-in-a-generation type of player ;)

Watch Maradona 1986 WC' date=' his goals against Belgium and England demonstrate that although he was the only shining beacon in the first 11 he still performed, Messi gets the ball but what he does with it is not effective as Argentina don't win, Maradona got one pass and away he went, Maradona 1986 Argentina NT's defence were poor yet he still scored, this current NT has a better defence, midfield and attack yet they cannot replicate the 1986 Argentina, not only that Maradona made a mediocre Napoli team into champions and he used to get hacked at every opportunity while Messi gets treatment, watch the foul of Seedorf he should have got a yellow but did he, NO because he is Lionel Messi, a player who doesn't even perform for his country[/quote']

Like I said before, you can have a less talented team but still they can all perform good. Even if Maradona was the only shining beacon, what I said at the beginning makes a difference.

How do you know most others wouldn't bring it up? :P

Have you said that to other people' date=' what was the need to say that, or is that just your rude personality and maybe people don't say anything because they are intimidated by you, by the way you talk I am not surprised many people don't answer back :rolleyes::o

But he is poor for Argentina, you don't have to score or make an assist to have a good game, watch Gotze play, it's his passing, creativity that makes him a great player, I've seen Messi play for Argentina and trust me he plays poorly

I watch Gotze week in week out, you probably just watch Youtube videos so I cannot take your comments seriosuly without watching him, therefore watch the Dortmund vs Munich match then your whole attitude will change[/quote']

Yes, i'm obviously a tyrannical dictator on this forum and others are scared of me :rolleyes: and i'm sorry if i offended you :o

I think you're missing the point here, i'm not one of the many 12 year olds on here that simply watch Youtube videos or use Wikipedia for facts. I do actually watch a lot of football. I watch the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga regularly and occasionally Ligue 1.

I saw Gotze play before he entered the database on SM so simply saying "stop watching Youtube videos" isn't really going to cut it.

I've watched Messi play for Argentina many a time. I admit i missed most of the last World Cup because i was working in America for the entire summer and only caught a few games but when i've seen him play for them he does create a lot of chances and does get openings. Argentina as a team however haven't worked well for a while. They're too top heavy and don't have the defence. Granted Maradona was brilliant in '86 but his team wasn't as poor as the media now like to make out and the teams they were playing weren't as good as some of the NT now like Spain and Germany.

Anyway, i'm off to watch the Newcastle match :D

I am saying that Gotze is better than Messi than when he was 18' date=' 19 whether he will be as good as Messi when he is 24, I doubt it but he has the potential. Unless an injury ruins his career or something, hopefully not because he is a once-in-a-generation type of player ;)[/quote']

Oh right, well sorry for being harsh haha. He certainly does have the potential to be as fantastic as some of the great's in the past, but like you, I doubt he will be the 'next Messi'. Hopefully an injury doesn't ruin his career as I love watching him.

Yes' date=' i'm obviously a tyrannical dictator on this forum and others are scared of me :rolleyes: and i'm sorry if i offended you :o

I think you're missing the point here, i'm not one of the many 12 year olds on here that simply watch Youtube videos or use Wikipedia for facts. I do actually watch a lot of football. I watch the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga regularly and occasionally Ligue 1.

I saw Gotze play before he entered the database on SM so simply saying "stop watching Youtube videos" isn't really going to cut it.

I've watched Messi play for Argentina many a time. I admit i missed most of the last World Cup because i was working in America for the entire summer and only caught a few games but when i've seen him play for them he does create a lot of chances and does get openings. Argentina as a team however haven't worked well for a while. They're too top heavy and don't have the defence. Granted Maradona was brilliant in '86 but his team wasn't as poor as the media now like to make out and the teams they were playing weren't as good as some of the NT now like Spain and Germany.

Anyway, i'm off to watch the Newcastle match :D[/quote']

I forgive you :P

I'm just saying that some people might take that offensively, that's all :P

Trust me the 1986 Argentina were easily not the strongest team that year, yet they still won cos of Maradona, who performed for club AND country :D

Like I said before' date=' you can have a less talented team but still they can all perform good. Even if Maradona was the only shining beacon, what I said at the beginning makes a difference.[/quote']

It makes a difference but not in this case, surely the current Argentina NT should perform because they have such quality players, the 1986 didn't yet they still won, which shows that although a team may gel together really well, one player can change everything, it just doesn't work for Messi for some reason, he just doesn't have the Maradona quality, changing a game in a second no matter the quality of the team, nothing to be ashamed of Messi, not many have that quality :P

Oh right' date=' well sorry for being harsh haha. He certainly does have the potential to be as fantastic as some of the great's in the past, but like you, I doubt he will be the 'next Messi'. Hopefully an injury doesn't ruin his career as I love watching him.[/quote']

He won't be the 'next Messi', that standard is a little too low for him :P

Only jokin, at the rate he is going he could be the next Messi, you shouldn't doubt him, anything is possible, just hope that all goes well.

I am not saying he wil be better than Messi, I am saying that he is better than Messi was at his age, he might not be better or he might, only time will tell ;)

It makes a difference but not in this case' date=' surely the current Argentina NT should perform because they have such quality players, the 1986 didn't yet they still won, which shows that although a team may gel together really well, one player can change everything, it just doesn't work for Messi for some reason, he just doesn't have the Maradona quality, changing a game in a second no matter the quality of the team, nothing to be ashamed of Messi, not many have that quality :P[/quote']

I dont think you are getting my point, they should perform better because they have such quality but as you know quality players may not gel all the time very good where as the Maradona team mustve had a better understanding of each other on the pitch and performed well. Well as for Maradona vs Messi, I dont think it was ever a Maradona vs Messi debate rather a Gotze vs Messi at 19 debate that went off topic :P

I dont think you are getting my point' date=' they should perform better because they have such quality but as you know quality players may not gel all the time very good where as the Maradona team mustve had a better understanding of each other on the pitch and performed well. Well as for Maradona vs Messi, I dont think it was ever a Maradona vs Messi debate rather a Gotze vs Messi at 19 debate that went off topic[/b'] :P

Agree with the last bit :P

They didn't have a better understanding, all they understood was to pass to Maradona and it will pay dividence, they just passed to him and waited for one of his infamous solo runs ;)

Well, wasn't expecting such a great debate to ensue when I created this thread.

I misunderstood you Magic I thought you were saying Gotze is better than the current Messi.

Well, it is a pointless debate saying who was better at 19 as it is basically opinion, yours is Gotze ours Messi.

Maybe Gotze can be as good as the Argentine.

Time will have to tell as comparisons can't be made at the moment. In a decade then maybe we can look back and judge.

Still think Messi has the upper hand though seeing as he is already at the summit of football. ;)

Well' date=' wasn't expecting such a great debate to ensue when I created this thread.

I misunderstood you Magic I thought you were saying Gotze is better than the current Messi.

Well, it is a pointless debate saying who was better at 19 as it is basically opinion, yours is Gotze ours Messi.

Maybe Gotze can be as good as the Argentine.

Time will have to tell as comparisons can't be made at the moment. In a decade then maybe we can look back and judge.

Still think Messi has the upper hand though seeing as he is already at the summit of football. ;)[/quote']

Lol :P

I just realised that the guy said Messi was better than Gotze at 19 and I was like :eek::eek::eek:

Didn't expect it to become a fully-fledged war :D

My first proper debate and hopefully my last, takes a lot of effort to type that much, no idea how Didi does it, have you seen his posts :eek::P

I personally feel that Gotze cannot eclipse Messi, but I'm not gonna doubt the guy after defending him for 4 pages :P

It's difficult, he's got the potential but only time will tell and when that time comes and he is better than Messi, I'm gonna laugh at all yo faces ;)

messi will almost always get MOTM just look at GOAL.com, when he has a bad day and isn't more then average(average for barca, but still) he gets grated a 9.0. and that is the same with MOTM at COPA, you can't take south american people to seriously when it comes to awarding players and criticising players. e.g. pele said he is way better then messi, and that neymar is better then messi aswell. and imo neymar for what i've seen neymar isn't even as good as eriksen, cause defenders in brazil are sh*t, except for dede ofcourse:P

messi will almost always get MOTM just look at GOAL.com' date=' when he has a bad day and isn't more then average(average for barca, but still) he gets grated a 9.0. and that is the same with MOTM at COPA, you can't take south american people to seriously when it comes to awarding players and criticising players. e.g. pele said he is way better then messi, and that neymar is better then messi aswell. and imo neymar for what i've seen neymar isn't even as good as eriksen, cause defenders in brazil are sh*t, except for dede ofcourse:P[/quote']

Are we gonna kick off this debate again? :P

Please don't my fingers hurt from all that typing :(

Only jokin I agree 100 %, if you only you came earlier :P

I've scared away everyone with my beast arguments ;)

Guys' date=' I was joking all along, April Fools Day, can't believe you fell for it :P:D

Only jokin about jokin I was right all along Gotze is better than Messi was at 19[/quote

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, had to be didn't it. Well nicely played, you stirred things up a bit. Although a lot of energy wasted by typing. :P

Guys' date=' I was joking all along, April Fools Day, can't believe you fell for it :P:D

Only jokin about jokin I was right all along Gotze is better than Messi was at 19[/quote

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, had to be didn't it. Well nicely played, you stirred things up a bit. Although a lot of energy wasted by typing. :P

Read the white text mate ;)