BroodRoosterNL

-||Eredivisie Ratings II - 12/13 Winter Predictions Up! - by BRNL||-

Re: -||Eredivisie Ratings II - 12/13 Winter Predictions Up! - by BRNL||-

He's nothing special mate. In his two seasons at Groningen so far' date=' he has never even been close to being regular starter. Supposedly, he's also being followed by some Turkish teams. I think he's just looking for a move and his agent is offering him to clubs. Definitely not good enough for Premier League i.m.o.[/quote']

Ok. Let's hope he doesn't make the move! Thanks for the info.

Heard that Milik joined Ajax on a loan with an option to buy him

Been following him the Bundesliga. Hasn't impressed me much. Then again, being a half decent striker, he'll probably bag 20 goals in the Eredivisie next season :P

Been following him the Bundesliga. Hasn't impressed me much. Then again' date=' being a half decent striker, he'll probably bag 20 goals in the Eredivisie next season :P[/quote']

He never got a proper chance to prove himself,so it was impossible to impress or either make a correct opinion about him.

He never got a proper chance to prove himself' date='so it was impossible to impress or either make a correct opinion about him.[/quote']

OK let me rephrase: in the 15 or so matches in which he made an appearance (I've seen most of them) he did not impress me much. The fact that he did not get that many chances at Augsburg also shows he is not regarded as an exceptional talent by the people who work with him every day. On top of that, he's going to Ajax on loan with an option to buy him at the end of next season. Why would Leverkusen agree to this option if they still believe he has enough potential for their first team?

OK let me rephrase: in the 15 or so matches in which he made an appearance (I've seen most of them) he did not impress me much. The fact that he did not get that many chances at Augsburg also shows he is not regarded as an exceptional talent by the people who work with him every day. On top of that' date=' he's going to Ajax on loan with an option to buy him at the end of next season. Why would Leverkusen agree to this option if they still believe he has enough potential for their first team?[/quote']

Because they signed Drmic.And if they sell him,it doesn't mean that he ain't a good prospect.They sold Yesil too?Bayern sold Can too(though they have a buy-back clause)?Milik is a top talent,he just needs gametime.

Because they signed Drmic.And if they sell him' date='it doesn't matter that he ain't a good prospect.They sold Yesil too?Bayern sold Can too(though they have a buy-back clause)?Milik is a top talent,he just needs gametime.[/quote']

Alright mate, I respect your opinion and maybe you're right. Only time will tell :)

In any case, it is good to have opposing views on this thread so that people can make up their mind about a player.

VDW doesn't even make the cut!

lol dude .. he is injured. Did you see Janmaat play against Ecuador? It was clear to see he still has a lot of devolving to do. Not that VDW is great .. but he is easily better than Janmaat.

lol dude .. he is injured. Did you see Janmaat play against Ecuador? It was clear to see he still has a lot of devolving to do. Not that VDW is great .. but he is easily better than Janmaat.

what happen to Ricardo Van Rhijn? Seems to have settled at RB now, thought he was going to emerge as VDWs challenger for the NT fullback slot

Progress stalled?

;2911522']what happen to Ricardo Van Rhijn? Seems to have settled at RB now' date=' thought he was going to emerge as VDWs challenger for the NT fullback slot

Progress stalled?[/quote']

Indeed he plays worse than last season... Janmaat is much better at the right-back position. I never thought he would make it and he showed his disability very well this season :P

Van Rhijn played very bad for a year (still made the most minutes for Ajax this season out of anyone tho), but he's moving up again now. Not going to the WC is justified, he knows that too I think, and maybe a good summers rest will give him a clear head to start off well in the new season. I think he has the talent and the mentality to keep improving and he will do much better next year.

I think he was really fortunate with a coach like De Boer, who never took his starting spot away and kept giving him the benefit of the doubt, it give Van Rhijn the chance to bounce back up. He will pay that back, no doubt.

;2911522']what happen to Ricardo Van Rhijn? Seems to have settled at RB now' date=' thought he was going to emerge as VDWs challenger for the NT fullback slot

Progress stalled?[/quote']

I have never been a big fan of his. Didn't see the hype, though little as it was, when he managed to challenge VDW. He is a mediocre RB, nothing more. Will never reach >90. He is lucky that there is no one to really challenge him at Ajax. Also he's turning 23 next month..

If you have him in your GW, i'd sell.

Thanks for the input, i wont be selling though, packed GW where 87s are a commodity now.

Final query, he played CB in the past, odds on to lose it in the near future or will he still be utilised there next season?

;2911647']Thanks for the input' date=' i wont be selling though, packed GW where 87s are a commodity now.

Final query, he played CB in the past, odds on to lose it in the near future or will he still be utilised there next season?[/quote']

He'll play RB next season at Ajax, probably his last season. Are you asking if he's possibly going to play CB more? Not a chance.

v Rhijn - Veltman - x - Boilessen

will be the backline. Moisander will leave I think, vd Hoorn is not good enough. Denswil might play there but he is better suited for veltman's position. De Boer said about 3-4 years ago that Boilessen will end up as a CB, maybe it will be next season.. but I doubt it.

De Boer said about 3-4 years ago that Boilessen will end up as a CB' date=' maybe it will be next season.. but I doubt it.[/quote']

Only chance of that happening would be if Dijks would come back and play LB regularly, and that's not gonna happen. Also, I think Boilesen is still too unreliable physically to count on him as the first choice CB. Both Boilesen and Van Rhijn have never played CB for Ajax (first team) as far as I've seen, if Moisander goes (I think that's 50/50) I think they might buy a direct replacement.

Only chance of that happening would be if Dijks would come back and play LB regularly' date=' and that's not gonna happen. Also, I think Boilesen is still too unreliable physically to count on him as the first choice CB. Both Boilesen and Van Rhijn have never played CB for Ajax (first team) as far as I've seen, if Moisander goes (I think that's 50/50) I think they might buy a direct replacement.[/quote']

van Rhijn played 1 or 2 in the centre if i'm not mistaken. Ligeon played RB those times. Not sure.

Boilesen is already 22, maybe 2 more years left at Ajax. If ever.. it has to happen now. About his physicality.. he's the same build as Denswil. And I don't know if you've seen him after his latest injury but he looked a lot more muscular.

I agree though .. if moisander leaves they'll most likely buy.

Ligeon almost always only plays if Van Rhijn is injured or suspended.

I don't recall any situations in which there weren't better solutions for CB instead of Van Rhijn.

But maybe I missed one ;-)

With Boilesen, I was talking about his injuries and how fragile he still seems. I've been a massive fan from the start and I think the fact that he's been injured for two years gives him some extra time in the 'talent-zone'. Next season he will have to be able to play a full season, so he can pick up his development. If not, I think he can still be a useful sub for Ajax, he's definitely talented enough, but they will have to move on to a more permanent LB. Would be a shame of his talent tho.

Ligeon almost always only plays if Van Rhijn is injured or suspended.

I don't recall any situations in which there weren't better solutions for CB instead of Van Rhijn.

But maybe I missed one ;-)

Van Rhijn has played few times as central defender. During his first several games for Ajax' first team it was. Actually his debut was as central defender (half way 2011/2012 season). Alderweireld (and Ooijer?) were injured.

Denswil or Van der Hoorn could pair with Veltman if Moisander leaves. Either of them would make more sense than Van Rhijn (has been a huge disappointment).

Ive recently snapped up Veltman and Kongolo. Anyone else an absolute must?

Well known but i'd get Milik signed on loan to Ajax from Leverkusen regular games and a decent return on goals he'll get a +2 he's only 85 just now.

Are Otigba' date=' Ziyech, Sinkgraven of Heerenveen worth holding onto?[/quote']

I'd keep a hold of all three. I really like Ziyech, has some great potential. Keep a hold of Sinkgraven as he should get some more game time next season.

Also Jordy is now an 89 :D:D:D:D:D