Sign in to follow this  
jaison

penalty shootout

my team with an average rating 95 lost to a team with an average rating of 89 :eek::eek::eek: in a penalty shootout(champions cup final) why did this happen. my best player was messy(99) while their best player was granero(89)

how did this happen? any idea

Re: penalty shootout

my team with an average rating 95 lost to a team with an average rating of 89 :eek::eek::eek: in a penalty shootout why did this happen. my best player was messy(99) while their best player was granero(89)

how did this happen? any idea

mate, i have lost 12 games on penalties including 2 finals all against unmanaged sides. I think its mostly luck.

If it's just luck then why do we bother buying the best plyers in our teams?

yea if 95 rated team (messi' date='ronaldo,ribery,iniesta,xavi,zlatan,alves,marcelo,vidic,puyol,[b']casillas[/b]) can't defeat an 89 rated unmanaged unfit team(kwaga,henry,lars bendar,granero,munian,downing,gallas,smalling, nagatomo,jenkinson,vorm) what's the use of stuffing a team wiith superstars?:confused:

casillas conceding 4:eek: vorm conceding just 3:mad: how can this happen?:confused:

Hi there i know it seems a bit odd but strange things happen in football....its a funny old game, as one legend once said :) Think back only last year Stevenage beat Newcastle. Now if you had taken the averages of those two teams it would have been greater than 10 or the same at least. So where do you get the fun out of turning the computer on knowing your team should win every game. One more thing, many years ago at our carnival day we had a well known goalkeeper who was in goal and the locals taking penalties......I won that competition by scoring 27 consecutive penalties......me a little Sunday league footie player against a keeper in the very top league of England (would be now called the premiership) and i missed the 28th pen, he did not save it LOL :) So what you are saying is that it should never have happened, yes UNLIKELY but it did.

You should factor in everything, not the best rated player in every position automatically = the best team........language difficulties, big egos and being able to gel as a team are but just a few factors to work in.

Any way just my point of view :)

Hi there i know it seems a bit odd but strange things happen in football....its a funny old game' date=' as one legend once said :) Think back only last year Stevenage beat Newcastle. Now if you had taken the averages of those two teams it would have been greater than 10 or the same at least. So where do you get the fun out of turning the computer on knowing your team should win every game. One more thing, many years ago at our carnival day we had a well known goalkeeper who was in goal and the locals taking penalties......I won that competition by scoring 27 consecutive penalties......me a little Sunday league footie player against a keeper in the very top league of England (would be now called the premiership) and i missed the 28th pen, he did not save it LOL :) So what you are saying is that it should never have happened, yes UNLIKELY but it did.

You should factor in everything, not the best rated player in every position automatically = the best team........language difficulties, big egos and being able to gel as a team are but just a few factors to work in.

Any way just my point of view :)[/quote']

Agree so much :)