The New Players Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The New Players Thread Now my bids have been accepted, I can talk about him. Alex Pritchard was added to the database yesterday morning. He is arguably the most talented player to come from our

Re: The New Players Thread Thanks lincvillan much appreciated. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread anymore so I have decided to put an end to my daily reports.

Re: The New Players Thread One for the LONG future added today, Gnaly Cornet of Metz. Only 16 years old, he already plays for Metz first team (Metz is now in French 3rd division). He is member of Fra

Re: The New Players Thread

All are absolute must buys. Only buy Vermijl if you're in a competitive set up.

Ongenda is arguably the biggest prospect out of the lot to be honest but no, i didn't think he had played a first team game either and i cannot find any stats saying he has either. Weird but make the most of it!

i just dont get it' date=' SM adding youth 'talents' who wont have much of an impact in game, only for extreme hoarding to continue.

i do hope SM add a squad cap soon.

good luck wasting your money & wages![/quote']

Im guessing they have all come on with the rating of 75? (Cant get on the game atm as its blocked where im using it)

But if thats what you think about the lower rated players dont you think the worse leagues in the world shouldnt be on SM?, Its normal really, they come on the database because they play for the clubs they play for.

If other people buy them then thats up to them. (I will be one who puts some bids in)

i just dont get it' date=' SM adding youth 'talents' who wont have much of an impact in game, only for extreme hoarding to continue.

i do hope SM add a squad cap soon.

good luck wasting your money & wages![/quote']

It's hardly wasting your money and wages. Only the big clubs can really afford to 'mass hoard' because they have the finances to do so but lets be honest, its not too dissimilar to real life. The likes of Arsenal who just sign talent after talent most of which disappear into their youth ranks never to be seen again.

The reason i 'collect' half of these young players is because i'm in with my teams for the long haul and when some of these players do become first teamers i won't need to pay massively over the odds for them like you do with most players in GC's these days.

Knowing i have the best youth team and can just wait for these players to mature IRL is pretty satisfying. It's far more rewarding, signing a player at 75 and watch them rise and rise (like i have done with Neymar, signed for 600k at 76 rating) than to sign an established player rated 93 for ludicrous sums of money.

1. If you don't sign young players for the future it's very hard to stay a float and actually compete in most GW's.

2. They can bring a big windfall when they mature even if they're not going to fit into your first team.

3. The wages and cash paid for most of these youngsters is minimal and costs very little in the long run compared to the potential upside.

4. Youngsters are the future of the game at the end of the day.

My only gripe is the 'New Player' list because i follow football so closely IRL, leagues all over the World, young players who are coming through and their potential etc etc and then pretty untalented managers who don't actually know a lot can just look at the list to see who has been added and slap in a massive bid and outbid me for someone i've actually researched and been waiting for.

It's hardly wasting your money and wages. Only the big clubs can really afford to 'mass hoard' because they have the finances to do so but lets be honest' date=' its not too dissimilar to real life. The likes of Arsenal who just sign talent after talent most of which disappear into their youth ranks never to be seen again.

The reason i 'collect' half of these young players is because i'm in with my teams for the long haul and when some of these players do become first teamers i won't need to pay massively over the odds for them like you do with most players in GC's these days.

1. If you don't sign young players for the future it's very hard to stay a float and actually compete in most GW's.[/quote']

I completely agree i have 59 players in my youth team plus 20 players out on loan all who cost me very little, but if i were to buy some of them now would cost me 10's of millions each players like Gotze, Wilshere & Ganso.

buying low and selling high is the key to sustainability for all clubs. Even in my 4th div Wrexham team i have nearly all players under 21 in the hope they rise.

My only gripe is the 'New Player' list because i follow football so closely IRL' date=' leagues all over the World, young players who are coming through and their potential etc etc and then pretty untalented managers who don't actually know a lot can just look at the list to see who has been added and slap in a massive bid and outbid me for someone i've actually researched and been waiting for.[/quote']

And why do people look on the list?.......because of this thread!

I know for a fact thats what most guys do nowadays.Why waste time doing any research when you can just use this thread,it's not really SM's fault if people hype up and advertise players on this thread.

Why did it take SM so long to add Piazon?? he's been at chelsea for a year or so.

YAY my first player got added today :D:D:D CLAUDIO BAEZA :D:D:D

I´ve been all morning making bids for many players added today... And i look this guy! But i don´t know him.. I´ve seen is no much game time for his team! Is good mate??

I can but 3 of these new players but i can't decide ' date=' maybe isn't the right thread but i'm asking about new players :

Ongenda, Sinclair, Piazon, Halilovic & Gnabry

I want to buy 3 of these players , please help me...[/quote']

Ongenda

Halilovic

Gnabry

Piazon

I'd go for Gnabry 3rd as Wenger has said he think's he will be a star.

Piazon is class but Chelsea can't nurture players for love nor money atm... I hope that changes with Piazon but we shall see!

You guys forgot

DAMIAN MARTINEZ :D Brilliant young keeper... called up for the Argie National team a few months ago!

thanks mate but i have to spread:o

No worries mate always happy to help! :)

Don't understand why people get ratty at players getting added after little minutes for "Big Clubs"... Always has happened and tbh always will. People will always Hoarde youngsters but its always a risk. I myself have one team with 100 players altogether but that includes, Asamoah, Eriksen, Sturridge, Giroud, Ter Stegen, Mbiwa, Jones, Walker, Alba... I've looked through and scouted the players ive wanted i mostly always do research and it always make me smile to see the bids i get through for players :P

Ongenda

Halilovic

Gnabry

Piazon

I'd go for Gnabry 3rd as Wenger has said he think's he will be a star.

Piazon is class but Chelsea can't nurture players for love nor money atm... I hope that changes with Piazon but we shall see!

You guys forgot

DAMIAN MARTINEZ :D Brilliant young keeper... called up for the Argie National team a few months ago!

Thought the point of new players was that they had competitive play? Halilovic hasn't played for Zagreb and Ongenda hasn't played for PSG?!

Halilovic has..... and scored on his debut if i remember rightly.... Ongenda though.... I was suprised to see him added!!!

Was named on the bench and that's it.

Don't think these players have played in the first team, unless they count PSG and Dinamo Zagreb's reserves sides as "senior teams", which is wrong IMO. It's like classing Arsenal's reserves as a League 2 team.