The New Players Thread

MUFC1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The New Players Thread

I see that Victor Andrade and Marquinhos (along with many other players) got a +5 in the last days' date=' now rated at 80 and worth (depending on your team) about 1,5M- 2,5M. And i remember when they were added to the DB, only 3-4 months back, they were mentioned in this thread. Some people then were saying "don't bother", "don't worth it", "they will be a waste of money", "overhyped", "don't pay maximum for them", "Victor Andrade is only mentioned because he has a 50M release clause" and other ridiculous comments.

Now, just 3-4 months after they were added, the situation for the managers who bought a talent like e.g. Victor Andrade (regardless if they paid 300K or 3M) is this:

a) They are proud to have a future talent in their teams, who has already about the same or higher value than the price they paid for him and they see a player who is slowly taking his chances in his club and continuously developing and improving,

or

B) If they are in a competitive GW and are desperate of money, they have a player who, if they finally decide to sell, they will easily receive more than 5M for him.

I think this answers pretty well the question, if it's a good or a bad move to buy as early as possible the future talents, even if we have to pay something more than the chairman's value when they are rated 75! :rolleyes:;)[/quote']

ok now your chatting rubbish.

your original points were they are must buys/potential superstars/uber talents...

now your trying to claim personal glory that now they have risen they are worth more in sales and trades...i could have given you a ton of players who would have risen and increased in value.

can you make your mind up on what your actually contributing please, risers or players appearing on the DB who actually are future talents

(doubt it as no one can see the future in who actually will become a top player)

i still stand my my 'ridiculous' comments on these two players. +5 for both of them was ridiculous compared to other rises so far in Brazil. Id sell the pair and if you can get 3,4,5M from some clueless soul hoarding youth players id take there hand off.

ANYWAY back to the thread...

very surprised no one has mentioned Jeremy Helan..oh wait maybe because he was another overhyped wonderkid....

for his story in signing for Man City back in 2009:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8243446.stm

some choice comments from a Man City forum

I remember signing him as a hot prospect, but over the last year or two he has been criticised as being cr.ap whenever he has been mentioned on this forum.
I see all the physical attributes to Helan's game but not much quality, especially when he plays left-back, he's an awful defender
He didn't do very well at Carlisle. (had a 2 game loan spell)
Just watched the Dresden game and he was appallingly bad

now this is what you get with youth players, many dont develop as expected. it really is russian roulette. just bare in mind when signing your Gnabrys, Halilovics, Ongendas.........

Helan will probably eventually be released and go home to rebuild his career. A possible late bloomer. Or a possible non leaguer.

Mauricio BALDIVIESO i see has been added made a bid for him as he looks a prospect at 16 added at 75rating

Anybody any views?

Nothing special' date=' i wouldn't buy.[/quote']

how do you know!

he could be the next Messi. or Kerlon.

makes my blood boil on here, you cant write players off before they are 22/23 (folks seem to think thats 'old' in SM terms!)

ok now your chatting rubbish.

your original points were they are must buys/potential superstars/uber talents...

now your trying to claim personal glory that now they have risen they are worth more in sales and trades...i could have given you a ton of players who would have risen and increased in value.

can you make your mind up on what your actually contributing please' date=' risers or players appearing on the DB who actually are future talents

(doubt it as no one can see the future in who actually will become a top player)

i still stand my my 'ridiculous' comments on these two players. +5 for both of them was ridiculous compared to other rises so far in Brazil. Id sell the pair and if you can get 3,4,5M from some clueless soul hoarding youth players id take there hand off.

ANYWAY back to the thread...

very surprised no one has mentioned Jeremy Helan..oh wait maybe because he was another overhyped wonderkid....

for his story in signing for Man City back in 2009:

[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8243446.stm[/url]

some choice comments from a Man City forum

now this is what you get with youth players, many dont develop as expected. it really is russian roulette. just bare in mind when signing your Gnabrys, Halilovics, Ongendas.........

Helan will probably eventually be released and go home to rebuild his career. A possible late bloomer. Or a possible non leaguer.

Amen

Makes me laugh my head off he must have seen every game that is played everywhere in the world...:P:p

Of the 5 players that are mentioned as potential Superstars the other day I would love to know how much he has actually seen them play??

My guess is bar Piazon....nothing

I am not sure how anybody can claim these are potential "Superstars" or the quialities of these players when they have never seen them, just makes me laugh. Out of interest how much have you seen Haliovic or Jerome Sinclair etc.

At least cut the rubbish and just admit you type the majority of these people's names in wikipedia or whatever or some random guy in Croatia mentions somebody and you then take it from there.

Plus your point on value is null and void if you paid Chairman Max for a player then there current "Value" is still less than what you paid for 80 rated players, so there is no guarenteed profit at all....just saying.

What you do is fine, but the false claims they are future superstars is ludicrous as you, me, nobody can have any idea based on what you have seen (or most likely Havent) of these players so far.

For every neymar there is a Kerlon...

For every Rooney there is a Danny Cademarteri...

What defines a Future star, a superstar etc??

For every neymar there is a Kerlon...

For every Rooney there is a Danny Cademarteri...

What defines a Future star' date=' a superstar etc??[/quote']

There are many many more Kerlons and Cadamarteris than Neymars and Rooneys ;)

Interesting question though.

I think you have to take the stuff posted on here with a pinch of salt and, if you're the one posting the stuff, maybe make it a little less sensationalist or you leave yourself very open to mockery when most of your players mess up :P

For example, I've posted two 'scout' reports on this forum. One on Greg Cunningham (who?!) and one on Nick Powell. The first posts on both built them up to similar levels based on my knowledge and only Powell has really pushed on from there.

Respuesta: Re: The New Players Thread

Mauricio BALDIVIESO i see has been added made a bid for him as he looks a prospect at 16 added at 75rating

Anybody any views?

I saw him play' date=' maybe he isn't the biggest talent here, maybe he isn't a raiser, but he has talent, he is a very good player.

You can watch some videos from him (I didn't find more):

[url']

[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exX9j1DLCc

some of the youngsters added to the db are simply incredible.

First there is Alen Halilovic, a 16 year old who is simply amazing. it is crazy how good this guy is, and he looks and moves like modric, but i think he has the potential to surpass modric by far! i know that there have been many countries who have claimed to have their own 'next messi' but i think croatia could be onto something here with those comparisons. the big clubs are desperate to get him, such as city, real madrid, chelsea, and my united.

Also, there is Lucas Piazon. This 18 year old was signed by Chelsea from Sau Paulo a year ago for a whopping 6.6 million. his potential his huge, and chelsea now have two future brazilian superstars in oscar and piazon. he has been called the next kaka, and i dont think that comparison is farfetched at all, and he is probably the best U19 brazilian youngster, except maybe Adryan.

There is also Serge Gnabry. A german youngster with a massive talent, but i dont know if he will blossom properly at arsenal. but still he is a great player, probably one of arsenal's best youth players, along with toral, hajrovic, boateng, bellerin and eisfeld.

Those are the main three, but many other great players such as Jerome Sinclair, Marnick Vermijl, Hervin Ongenda, Jeremy Helan and a few players from arsenal also came on. you should probably look to buy all the players i have named here, except maybe helan and vermijl. but the others are definitely worth your money and squad space.

Re: Respuesta: Re: The New Players Thread

I saw him play' date=' maybe he isn't the biggest talent here, maybe he isn't a raiser, but he has talent, he is a very good player.

You can watch some videos from him (I didn't find more):

[url']

[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exX9j1DLCc

THANKS MATE... :D I don´t know if is good player...but i looks!! And i just him in my team...

some of the youngsters added to the db are simply incredible.

First there is Alen Halilovic' date=' a 16 year old who is simply amazing. it is crazy how good this guy is, and he looks and moves like modric, but i think he has the potential to surpass modric by far! i know that there have been many countries who have claimed to have their own 'next messi' but i think croatia could be onto something here with those comparisons. the big clubs are desperate to get him, such as city, real madrid, chelsea, and my united.

Also, there is [b']Lucas Piazon.[/b] This 18 year old was signed by Chelsea from Sau Paulo a year ago for a whopping 6.6 million. his potential his huge, and chelsea now have two future brazilian superstars in oscar and piazon. he has been called the next kaka, and i dont think that comparison is farfetched at all, and he is probably the best U19 brazilian youngster, except maybe Adryan.

There is also Serge Gnabry. A german youngster with a massive talent, but i dont know if he will blossom properly at arsenal. but still he is a great player, probably one of arsenal's best youth players, along with toral, hajrovic, boateng, bellerin and eisfeld.

Those are the main three, but many other great players such as Jerome Sinclair, Marnick Vermijl, Hervin Ongenda, Jeremy Helan and a few players from arsenal also came on. you should probably look to buy all the players i have named here, except maybe helan and vermijl. but the others are definitely worth your money and squad space.

Mate when i saw this players in database just quick making a bid for them!! and now i have all of them in my team... cheers :D

There are many many more Kerlons and Cadamarteris than Neymars and Rooneys ;)

Interesting question though.

I think you have to take the stuff posted on here with a pinch of salt and' date=' if you're the one posting the stuff, maybe make it a little less sensationalist or you leave yourself very open to mockery when most of your players mess up :P

For example, I've posted two 'scout' reports on this forum. One on Greg Cunningham (who?!) and one on Nick Powell. The first posts on both built them up to similar levels based on my knowledge and only Powell has really pushed on from there.[/quote']

The answer to the question I suppose is relative to your squad, but IMO a superstar is somebody with 90-91+ potential. How on Earth you can judge if somebody has that kinda potential without seeing them regularly or at all is beyond me. With the vast majority of the players reommended on here as "superstars" I would bet they have not even watched them, more likely tapped his name in and seen him linked with a few clubs etc...

But really in nearly every set-up on SM bar GC 1 you can pick up players up to 88-89 ratings with little problems....picking up that jewel is the aim but to be honest at the stage of the career when they are added to the database or whatever if you do get one it is gunna be more luck than judgement

The answer to the question I suppose is relative to your squad' date=' but IMO a superstar is somebody with 90-91+ potential. [b']How on Earth you can judge if somebody has that kinda potential without seeing them regularly or at all is beyond me.[/b] With the vast majority of the players reommended on here as "superstars" I would bet they have not even watched them, more likely tapped his name in and seen him linked with a few clubs etc...

But really in nearly every set-up on SM bar GC 1 you can pick up players up to 88-89 ratings with little problems....picking up that jewel is the aim but to be honest at the stage of the career when they are added to the database or whatever if you do get one it is gunna be more luck than judgement

You can't possibly do that for every player, but for the majority of them you have to go by the reviews around the internet. When the likes of Victor ANDRADE are added to the DB, your not going to get managers saying 'oh i'll wait and see him play first to judge him', bids are placed immediately, so if you're in an extremely competetive GW like EC 7046, your not going to be able to sign the 90-91 players, your best chance of having them is by buying them when they're 75 and seeing them develop.

You can't possibly do that for every player' date=' but for the majority of them you have to go by the reviews around the internet. When the likes of Victor ANDRADE are added to the DB, your not going to get managers saying 'oh i'll wait and see him play first to judge him', bids are placed immediately, so if you're in an extremely competetive GW like EC 7046, your not going to be able to sign the 90-91 players, your best chance of having them is by buying them when they're 75 and seeing them develop.[/quote']

I agree with all that but my point is that reading an internet article or seeing a Youtube clip is not sufficent to judge a player....any player in world football even Stewart Downing or Titus Bramble can be made to look good.

I am not saying dont buy them,I play in extremely competitive gameworlds they are the only ones I play. I am saying stop using "sensationalist" language when in reality you have very little if any knowledge of the player except for tapping his name in google etc...

I agree with all that but my point is that reading an internet article or seeing a Youtube clip is not sufficent to judge a player....any player in world football even Stewart Downing or Titus Bramble can be made to look good.

I see what you mean' date=' but clips do help you see what potential the player could have and convince you to compete with other managers for the player.

I am saying stop using "sensationalist" language when in reality you have very little if any knowledge of the player except for tapping his name in google etc...

Ah ok fair enough, i would have to agree with you on that. My point was more on theres nothing wrong with 'overpaying' on a 75 rated player, if you have the cash, spend it, that will most likely be your only chance of signing the player, Sterling as an example, picked him up for 3.3M last season when he was added, yes it was overpaying, but i would not even be able to sign him for 13.3M now, you win on some and you lose on some, but thats life for you, which is why this game is so brilliant as its based on real life.

Christian Derflinger added at 85? This is a mistake surely should be 75' date=' if he was he would be a good signing![/quote']

I am really confused, is this a mistake? How much should I pay for this guy now, I had him down as someone to compete for but my chairman allows me to pay up to 34 mil...not happening XD

Haha i'm presuming this is a mistake' date=' but they need to sort it out quick because if people bid on him then his value gets changed, all hell will break loose.[/quote']

Well that is annoying, I have been waiting for him to be added but in GC-1 i can bid a huge amount, so i am guessing everyone else can but will they wont they?:mad:

Christian Derflinger added at 85? This is a mistake surely should be 75' date=' if he was he would be a good signing![/quote']

He's literally like the best young player on the game with the rating of 85 at the age of 18 years old! :P But this was a certain mistake, top young player though mind! :)

Archived