The New Players Thread

MUFC1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The New Players Thread

Arteta is as indispensable as they come. His discipline has been fantastic and he would be one of the last players I would take out of the team on any occasion.
Arteta? He's been one of our best players all season. Diaby has been injured for a lot of the season and I agree with Ramsey.

I know how good is Arteta , i just pointed that Eisfeld has a chance to play...any news on Wilshere ?

I think Wenger put Wilshere onto the big scene way too early in his career. I think he might just end up being another average player. I think he'll play at big clubs but I don't he'll ever amount to stardom. I'd like to be wrong though...

Your joking aren't you????

This is a player that oozes class!

After being out for so long, he still looked ace on his return. He is also still only 21 and looks so at ease in a top class midfield.

Name five better prospects in his position if you believe he is another average player....

After being out for so long' date=' he still looked ace on his return. He is also still only 21 and looks so at ease in a top class midfield.

Name five better prospects in his position if you believe he is another average player....[/quote']

Agreed, Wilshere is by no means average. He's already surpassed average. He is one one of the best prospects around at the moment.

After being out for so long' date=' he still looked ace on his return. He is also still only 21 and looks so at ease in a top class midfield.

Name five better prospects in his position if you believe he is another average player....[/quote']

hmm... a couple comes to mind...

veratti.

oscar

lucas

alaba

strootman

clasie

maher

I think Wenger put Wilshere onto the big scene way too early in his career. I think he might just end up being another average player. I think he'll play at big clubs but I don't he'll ever amount to stardom. I'd like to be wrong though...

veratti.

oscar

lucas

alaba

strootman

clasie

maher

That's brightened up my morning considerably, thank you.

Funniest thing I've read in a while.

veratti. Good player' date=' but thats it atm, hasn't shown enough yet on a consistent basis.

oscar. Is able to play CM, but that doesn't mean its his best position.

lucas. Secondary striker he is.

alaba. Lb

strootman. Nowhere near Jack's level.

clasie. read above ^

maher. Good player, would put him in the same bracket as Verratti though for now.[/quote']

Half of the players youve talked about, you don't even know what position they occupy. Only ones come close from that list to him are Verratti and Maher, they have the potential to be as good, but it's only potential atm.

There isn't a better CM in the world than Wilshere (under 23).

Were talking about a player here who's showcased his ability on the highest level possible, International stage, latter stages of the UCL, bar a major International tournament, he's been everywhere, at only 20. Though he has paid a price for all this football with his long injury.

Half of the players youve talked about' date=' you don't even know what position they occupy. Only ones come close from that list to him are Verratti and Maher, they have the potential to be as good, but it's only potential atm.

[b']There isn't a better CM in the world than Wilshere (under 23). [/b]

Were talking about a player here who's showcased his ability on the highest level possible, International stage, latter stages of the UCL, bar a major International tournament, he's been everywhere, at only 20. Though he has paid a price for all this football with his long injury.

Gundogan was really impressive against City. And I believe Oscar is more talented as it stands too. I don't believe Wilshere would've got into the Brazil NT even when he was playing his best.

And you cant say Wilshere is the best CM under 23 because you are basing it off ages ago. Lets wait and see if he is the same player and Id be interested to hear how many career matches he has actually played too. He hasn't done anything on an international tournament either.

Gundogan was really impressive against City. And I believe Oscar is more talented as it stands too. I don't believe Wilshere would've got into the Brazil NT even when he was playing his best.

And you cant say Wilshere is the best CM under 23 because you are basing it off ages ago. Lets wait and see if he is the same player and Id be interested to hear how many career matches he has actually played too. He hasn't done anything on an international tournament either.

Completely back up everything you've said here, Gundogan is top quality tbh and is an orchestrater, defensive midfielder and good link up player in one! Oscar is more talented too, he has shown that with his performances in the Olympics and with Chelsea to back that up too. Clasie has been touted to be the next Sneijder, but is he as talented as Wilshere? Probabaly not. Granit Xhaka could be put in the same bracket, but is yet to prove it at Gladbach since his move in all fairness. But out of these players, I'd say Oscar is the most talented followed up by Gundogan then Wilshere tbh, but he could quite easily take over if he showcases his true talents and potential following his return from injury! :)

in my view the likes of Thiago Alcantara and Toni Kroos are alot better than Wilshere, currently.

He is a talent and being English i hope he can become the guy who pulls the strings in our National team for years to come, as boy we need it. But I Just think the playing style that Wilshere has doesn't really suit the EPL. He'd be more suited in Liga.

in my view the likes of Thiago Alcantara and Toni Kroos are alot better than Wilshere' date=' currently.

He is a talent and being English i hope he can become the guy who pulls the strings in our National team for years to come, as boy we need it. But I Just think the playing style that Wilshere has doesn't really suit the EPL. He'd be more suited in Liga.[/quote']

Toni Kroos has been played all over the park, AM, RW, CM, Thiago also plays as in a advanced position, in terms of natural CM, no one currently is better than wilshere. Both Kroos and Thiago are great talents, but it will take a couple of more years for them to nail down a set position.

Also, how does he not fit the EPL style? Players like him can fit in to any style in world football.

So what has gundogan done on the International stage then? Technically for me wilshere is better, also has more dynamism in his play.

What else am i supposed to base it on then? You can only go of from what you have seen in the past, and thats what i'm doing. The game v Barca always comes back to mind.

Wilshere would slot in the Brazillian NT without any squeaks. They've been crying out for a CM playmaker for a very long time and were hyping Ganso to the sky's when he started to break through, Oscar is a fabulous talent, but his talent will be put to waste if he were to be restricted to the CM role, a position he plays neither for club or country.

Ofcourse there is a long way to go for Wilshere, no doubt, we wont even see the best of him for a good few months as he's still a long way off full fitness.

in my view the likes of Thiago Alcantara and Toni Kroos are alot better than Wilshere' date=' [b']currently[/b].

He is a talent and being English i hope he can become the guy who pulls the strings in our National team for years to come, as boy we need it. But I Just think the playing style that Wilshere has doesn't really suit the EPL. He'd be more suited in Liga.

The currently part gets me, how do you know how good Wilshere is currently, he's played an hour of football in 17 months, where as Kroos and Alacantra have clocked around 3000 and 2000 minutes.

No doubt they are all very good young talents and have bright futures, Wilshere is just coming back from a long spell out and I feel will come back as strong as he was two seasons ago and be a very important player for Arsenal, a lot more important than Kroos for Munchen and Alacantra for Barcelona, so even with that long spell out I feel he will become better, quicker than both of those players.

Kroos no doubt is having a great time for Munchen & Germany but if he was out for 17 months wouldn't be as missed as Wilshere was for Arsenal and undeniably England in the euros.

Back on topic,

Agostinho Ca was added today to the DB! A young talented Portuguese DM, with international appearances for Portugal U19 (22 caps so far), who Barcelona bought him last summer for 2M and currently is a member of Barcelona B'.

Here is a detailed post about Agostinho Ca (created by eos11, in his very good thread about Portuguese young talents):

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2128402&postcount=11

Also' date=' how does he not fit the EPL style? Players like him can fit in to any style in world football.

[/quote']

For myself the best style of football isn't in England, it's in the likes of Spain. That's where the best all round footballers are or been developed. I would love to see the likes of Wilshere over there as i think it would develop his game leaps and bounds, which would only benefit the National team. He is a raw talent, that isn't in question but the EPL is still very physical and for players like Wilshere that won't help develop him further down the road with him getting chopped down every five minutes, as he'll end up reacting like he did today. But that's just my view.

Back on topic' date='

[b']Agostinho Ca[/b] was added today to the DB! A young talented Portuguese DM, with international appearances for Portugal U19 (22 caps so far), who Barcelona bought him last summer for 2M and currently is a member of Barcelona B'.

Here is a detailed post about Agostinho Ca (created by eos11, in his very good thread about Portuguese young talents):

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2128402&postcount=11

Is he must buy in non-competitive game worlds?

Siebe Schrijvers

1794092_w2.jpg

Team: KRC GENK

Nationality: Belgium (U18 player)

Position: CA

SM-Rating: 75

Stats competition:

Siebe played one official game with the first team. He was a substitute (45 minutes) in the 6-0 win for the 'Beker van België' (similar to the FA Cup) and gave an assist for the last goal.

Stats Belgium:

Belgium U17 13 games 3 goals

Belgium U16 5 games 1 goal

Description:

He is together with the younger brother of Hazard, Charly Musonda (Chelsea),

Andreas Pereira (Man Utd) the new hope for Belgium (all 16 years old). Their national youth team are incredibely good and called 'the new Barcelona'. Schrijvers is a real top talent, but he choose to stay in Belgium and try to get minutes and refuse the offers of the top teams in Europe. Siebe is since this season part of the first team and impressed everybody in friendlies where he scored a lot (once a hattrick). It is waiting for chances because the attack of Genk is playing very well at the moment and everybody is fit. Their coach like to work with young players, so i think he will get some minutes soon as a substitute. It would be awesome if he can reach a first place in the team and Genk got another top talent after Courtois and De Bruyne (both Chelsea)

well no ones has picked up on it' date=' which kinda shows the effectiveness of this thread when it comes to new players outside of the 'popular clubs', but the lad [b']Jean Michaël SERI[/b], who has just been added, is in talks to join Porto in January.

Cheers for that

Archived