The New Players Thread

MUFC1

Re: The New Players Thread

Marc-Oliver Kempf added. Recenty started two games for Frankfurt' date=' at the National level was a substitute in the team that won the European sub 17 championship back in May.[/quote']

That's right. :) Personally i haven't seen him play yet, but at only 17 years old and starting as a CB at the highest level in Germany, that's something very interesting. Of course, he plays because of injuries of other first-team players, but still we should keep a close eye on this young talent to see how he progresses through the season! :)

Riferimento: The New Players Thread

Tonight made his debut Roberto Insigne, brother of Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), who is regarded to be a very good player (even better than his brother Lorenzo).

I tried to add him to the database but soccerwiki forbids me...however I hope he will be added soon...surely a guy to keep in mind!

Re: Riferimento: The New Players Thread

Tonight made his debut Roberto Insigne' date=' brother of Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), who is regarded to be a very good player (even better than his brother Lorenzo).

I tried to add him to the database but soccerwiki forbids me...however I hope he will be added soon...surely a guy to keep in mind![/quote']

are you sure about his debut, soccerway doesn't say anything about it ;)

i added a couple more brazilian for you all, centre forward Willie & fullback Mansur

both at promoted Vitoria so worth shortlisting for next season.

oh, and they have been called into U20 Brazil squad for the upcoming South Americas Champs in January, but most likely to be backups.

Lyon's Anthony Martial' date=' a very promising talent, played last night in the Europa League game against Hapoel Shmona. So he is expected to be added soon.[/quote']
one of the best 16year old players i have ever seen.

since 5.12. he is 17 ^^

Anthony Martial was added this morning to the DB, as expected. :)

Very talented youngster, 31 caps -19 goals (!) for France NT U16-U18, definitely one for the (long) future!

Except Martial, many other young players were added today who made their debut last Thursday in Europa League. Players from Marseille, Lyon, Inter etc (it was the last match for the Group stages and many games were of no interest).

Out of them, IMO Simone Pasa of Inter is worth a look, a promising young defender with many caps for Italy youth NTs. (He is added as a DM, because he played in that position last Thursday).

UPDATE!!

The Soccerwiki site is back up and running, but not at full capacity. The site says there's 183 new players waiting to be voted on, but there is only 20 showing. This is most probably a bug which doesnt allow you to view more than one page.

The following link should take you to a player I've added but doesnt show up in the New Players voting screen.

http://en.soccerwiki.org/vote.php?action=playerdata&voteeditid=50384

glad to read that! I hope also Roberto Insigne is in this list! ;)

I'd go easy with the excitement for Roberto Insigne. If there's one thing history have taught us is that if one brother is good, not necessarily the other one is good as well. I remember not long ago when Giovinco's brother Giuseppe was hyped kinda the same way as Insigne Jr. now, with headlines as "he's better than Sebastian" and so on. Other famous not-as-good brothers could be found in the recent and not so recent past, such as:

Simone Inzaghi (Pippo's brother)

Eddy Baggio (Roberto)

Max Vieri (Christian)

Hugo Maradona (Diego)

Raì (Socrates)

Giuseppe Baresi (Franco)

Digao (Kakà)

Ferruccio Mazzola (Sandro)

Edu (Zico)

Anton Ferdinand (Rio)

Michael Rummenigge (Karl-Heinz)

Paolo Cannavaro (Fabio)

Chedric and Jurgen Seedorf (Clarence)

He might be good, but like I said just because he's Lorenzo's brother it doesn't mean he'll be as good as his brother. Bottom line: when he comes out, shortlist yes, but I wouldn't go on a price war for him. Journalists, especially in Italy, tend to hype too much certain players because of reasons that have nothing to do with what happens on the pitch (ask Vincenzo Sarno and Diego Armando Maradona Junior for more information :D)

Riferimento: The New Players Thread

you're absolutely right! but, in my posts, I've never told that Roberto Insigne is better than Lorenzo! I can't know if he's really better or not...no one can at the moment...

I only think that he is an interesting player on who is worth investing some money...but once again I've never told I'd do a price war for him...this is completely out of my mind...

However maybe he won't ever be better than Lorenzo but so far he has already scored 12 goals in 13 matches in the Italian "Primavera" league, the youngsters' league and, for me, this is enough, to push me investing on this player.

oh and last thing! good list of brothers...but you've forgot Yaya and Kolo Toure! ;)

in this case nevertheless Yaya who is the better player is also the younger brother...so let's hope that also Roberto Insigne has some chances to become, if not a champion, at least a good player...for me it would be enough! ;)

I'd go easy with the excitement for Roberto Insigne. If there's one thing history have taught us is that if one brother is good' date=' not necessarily the other one is good as well. I remember not long ago when Giovinco's brother Giuseppe was hyped kinda the same way as Insigne Jr. now, with headlines as "he's better than Sebastian" and so on. Other famous not-as-good brothers could be found in the recent and not so recent past, such as:

Simone Inzaghi (Pippo's brother)

Eddy Baggio (Roberto)

Max Vieri (Christian)

Hugo Maradona (Diego)

Raì (Socrates)

Giuseppe Baresi (Franco)

Digao (Kakà)

Ferruccio Mazzola (Sandro)

Edu (Zico)

Anton Ferdinand (Rio)

Michael Rummenigge (Karl-Heinz)

Paolo Cannavaro (Fabio)

Chedric and Jurgen Seedorf (Clarence)

He might be good, but like I said just because he's Lorenzo's brother it doesn't mean he'll be as good as his brother. Bottom line: when he comes out, shortlist yes, but I wouldn't go on a price war for him. Journalists, especially in Italy, tend to hype too much certain players because of reasons that have nothing to do with what happens on the pitch (ask Vincenzo Sarno and Diego Armando Maradona Junior for more information :D)[/quote']

you're absolutely right! but' date=' in my posts, I've never told that Roberto Insigne is better than Lorenzo! I can't know if he's really better or not...no one can at the moment...

I only think that he is an interesting player on who is worth investing some money...but once again I've never told I'd do a price war for him...this is completely out of my mind...

However maybe he won't ever be better than Lorenzo but so far he has already scored 12 goals in 13 matches in the Italian "Primavera" league, the youngsters' league and, for me, this is enough, to push me investing on this player.

oh and last thing! good list of brothers...but you've forgot Yaya and Kolo Toure! ;)

in this case nevertheless Yaya who is the better player is also the younger brother...so let's hope that also Roberto Insigne has some chances to become, if not a champion, at least a good player...for me it would be enough! ;)[/quote']

Both good posts, and you're basically both saying the same thing. Could go either way really.

SM finally started adding new players again.

Out of those added today, the most interesting one is Alessio Romagnoli of Roma, the 17 years old CB. He was member of Italy NT U17 and this year moved on to the U19 NT, where he is a starter. He already has 13 caps for NTs U17-U19. He debuted for Roma last week in a Cup game again Atalanta (Roma won 3-0). He is a promising talent for the long term future.

Andrea Petagna (17 years old forward of Milan, 8 goals in 13 matches for the Primavera) and Matteo Ricci (18 years old midfielder of Roma, 11 caps for NTs U18-U19) were also added today, worth to be shortlisted to see any future progress.