The New Players Thread

MUFC1

Re: Riferimento: The New Players Thread

Still no news on Roberto Insigne? has passed more than one week from his debut in Europa League and still he hasn't been added

Players submitted weeks before Insigne still havent been added. I've had Todd Kane 'awaiting decision' for ages, when it normally takes a day max. They're obviously struggling to cope with the volume of players added when the site came back up, so I wouldnt be surprised if he still isnt on the game by New Year.

Re: Riferimento: The New Players Thread

I'd go easy with the excitement for Roberto Insigne. If there's one thing history have taught us is that if one brother is good' date=' not necessarily the other one is good as well. I remember not long ago when Giovinco's brother Giuseppe was hyped kinda the same way as Insigne Jr. now, with headlines as "he's better than Sebastian" and so on. Other famous not-as-good brothers could be found in the recent and not so recent past, such as:

Simone Inzaghi (Pippo's brother)

Eddy Baggio (Roberto)

Max Vieri (Christian)

Hugo Maradona (Diego)

Raì (Socrates)

Giuseppe Baresi (Franco)

Digao (Kakà)

Ferruccio Mazzola (Sandro)

Edu (Zico)

Anton Ferdinand (Rio)

Michael Rummenigge (Karl-Heinz)

Paolo Cannavaro (Fabio)

Chedric and Jurgen Seedorf (Clarence)

He might be good, but like I said just because he's Lorenzo's brother it doesn't mean he'll be as good as his brother. Bottom line: when he comes out, shortlist yes, but I wouldn't go on a price war for him. Journalists, especially in Italy, tend to hype too much certain players because of reasons that have nothing to do with what happens on the pitch (ask Vincenzo Sarno and Diego Armando Maradona Junior for more information :D)[/quote']

Pretty harsh on Paolo Cannavaro and to a degree Simone Inzaghi. Simone was capped for Italy I believe, although his career turned so bad. Paolo obviously isn't as good as his brother, but Fabio is one of the best ever and Paolo is an 89 CB. But I understand your point.

Re: The New Players Thread

Does anybody know why Matteo Ricci was added to the DB? Because i can't find any official appearances for him' date=' only for Italy's young NTs and the Primavera. Is this a "Veseli no.2" case, or am i missing something?[/quote']

the only reason i can see is he sat on the bench in 2 games for Roma in Serie A last season in March & April..

He was "bought" after his 8th game wasn't he?

http://football-italia.net/23676/official-roma-sign-marquinhos

the way i read the opening lines it just means they can buy him permanently after 8 games? i havent seen anything to say its a done deal...

transfermarkt is 99.9% accurate for done deals and future moves and he is still on the loan deal until the summer....

probably be sorted in January window.

the way i read the opening lines it just means they can buy him permanently after 8 games? i havent seen anything to say its a done deal...

transfermarkt is 99.9% accurate for done deals and future moves and he is still on the loan deal until the summer....

The Roma press release says he joins for 3m euros after he makes 8 appearances for 45mins or longer...

on a loan deal dont forget. His future is still unclear.

fair enough he has took his chance in his 13 appearances' date=' but then again Roma only have 3 CBs.[/quote']

link/source please?

Even if, somehow, for whatever reason, Roma doesn't buy him at the end (which i highly doubt it...), SO WHAT?

This kid, at only 18 years old, is already a first team player, not in a small team or a small league, but in Roma, in Serie A'! Whoever has seen him playing can understand that this kid has talent and potential!

I couldn’t imagine it’s that difficult for someone to admit he’s wrong… :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does anybody know why Matteo Ricci was added to the DB? Because i can't find any official appearances for him' date=' only for Italy's young NTs and the Primavera. Is this a "Veseli no.2" case, or am i missing something?[/quote']
the only reason i can see is he sat on the bench in 2 games for Roma in Serie A last season in March & April..

So i guess this is another player who gets added to the DB WITHOUT ANY OFFICIAL GAMETIME, like Veseli. I hope this is a mistake and not a new policy.

Todays Report :

Samuele Longo - plays for Internazionale' date=' dubbed as one of their raising stars. He shone in the next gen series. *MUST BUY*[/quote']

Player added today:

Aoas Marquinhos of Corinthians. As stated by many is a great talent and a must buy!

This thread below is about him that somebody previously posted and has a youtube clip available if you want to watch it. But at 18 years of age and a first team appearance for Corinthians' date=' looks like he could feature quite a few times this season. Will look forward to his development!

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=116639[/url]

After the first Italian reviews for the season 12/13, both Longo and Marquinhos are now rated at 83. :D I'm sure that everyone of us who bought them back then, is more than happy, whether he paid 300K or 2,5M for them! :D

Even if' date=' somehow, for whatever reason, Roma doesn't buy him at the end (which i highly doubt it...), SO WHAT?

This kid, at only 18 years old, is already a first team player, not in a small team or a small league, but in Roma, in Serie A'! Whoever has seen him playing can understand that this kid has talent and potential!

I couldn’t imagine it’s that difficult for someone to admit he’s wrong… :rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

i dont get you. you constantly troll everything i offer an opinion on.

the OP i said it wasnt worth signing 3 players from Corinthians. Marquinhos being one, ARAO & ANTONIO CARLOS the others.. i said no at the time, and i still believe he is a gamble. 13 games doesnt make a player. You will only know if i was right/wrong in 2 or 3 seasons time...

it depends on how you play SM. i dont hoard every youth player that appears on the DB. i would be interested if you posted your squads and could see how you play the game.

anything can happen. I mean just look at BRENO.....again a major CB talent, moved to europe, played some matches, went off the rails...now in prison.

i dont get you. you constantly troll everything i offer an opinion on.

the OP i said it wasnt worth signing 3 players from Corinthians. Marquinhos being one' date=' ARAO & ANTONIO CARLOS the others.. i said no at the time, and i still believe he is a gamble. 13 games doesnt make a player. You will only know if i was right/wrong in 2 or 3 seasons time...

it depends on how you play SM. i dont hoard every youth player that appears on the DB. i would be interested if you posted your squads and could see how you play the game.

anything can happen. I mean just look at BRENO.....again a major CB talent, moved to europe, played some matches, went off the rails...now in prison.[/quote']

Personally, I feel that while you are right in the sense one third of a season doesn't determine how Marquinho's career will pan out, germlad is also right in a way.

You said Marquinhos wasn't worth it at that time (75 rated) but he has since played for Roma and could end the season a 86 if nothing goes wrong.

For me, I would say buying a Marquinhos when he is 75 rated for say 2.2m max is still a worthy gamble as should he turn out to be a 18 86 at the end of the season and his value will have tripled.

You could be right in saying its too early to bring judgment on Marquinho's full potential at this point but germlad is also right. You said Marquinhos wasn't worth a punt and based on how things are currently, he indeed is worth a punt and you are a little off in your judgement (at that point when he was newly added).

Personally' date=' I feel that while you are right in the sense one third of a season doesn't determine how Marquinho's career will pan out, germlad is also right in a way.

You said Marquinhos wasn't worth it at that time (75 rated) but he has since played for Roma and could end the season a 86 if nothing goes wrong.

For me, I would say buying a Marquinhos when he is 75 rated for say 2.2m max is still a worthy gamble as should he turn out to be a 18 86 at the end of the season and his value will have tripled.

You could be right in saying its too early to bring judgment on Marquinho's full potential at this point but germlad is also right. You said Marquinhos wasn't worth a punt and based on how things are currently, he indeed is worth a punt and you are a little off in your judgement (at that point when he was newly added).[/quote']

thanks for your comments,

are we talking a player on the basis of SM here or real life?

by 'at the time' i was watching corinthians getting hammered in the league, playing thier youth players because they were commited to the Copa Lib. I was only passing comment on what i had seen. Not basing my judgements on his statistics as many SM players do.

as i said it depends on how you play SM. GWs i play, id never spend 2.2M on a 75....cant afford it. Where do you draw the line? every new player is a 2.2M purchase? the last couple days ive seen ROMAGNOLI go for 2.2M, SUNZU go for 3M......why!?! its crazy. But i guess if you have the money to throw away you can.

anyway, for you that bought him, well done on reading that off a thread. And dont forget to bookmark this page and come back in a few seasons and hammer me again saying i was wrong... on one player... :rolleyes:

Personally' date=' I feel that while you are right in the sense one third of a season doesn't determine how Marquinho's career will pan out, germlad is also right in a way.

You could be right in saying its too early to bring judgment on Marquinho's full potential at this point but germlad is also right. You said Marquinhos wasn't worth a punt and based on how things are currently, he indeed is worth a punt and you are a little off in your judgement (at that point when he was newly added).[/quote']

I couldn't have said it better myself.

thanks for your comments' date='

by 'at the time' i was watching corinthians getting hammered in the league, playing thier youth players because they were commited to the Copa Lib. I was only passing comment on what i had seen. Not basing my judgements on his statistics as many SM players do.

as i said it depends on how you play SM. GWs i play, id never spend 2.2M on a 75....cant afford it. Where do you draw the line? every new player is a 2.2M purchase? the last couple days ive seen ROMAGNOLI go for 2.2M, SUNZU go for 3M......why!?! its crazy. But i guess if you have the money to throw away you can.

anyway, for you that bought him, well done on reading that off a thread. And dont forget to bookmark this page and come back in a few seasons and hammer me again saying i was wrong... on one player... :rolleyes:[/quote']

While I greatly appreciate your work JMH, I think you're being a little melodramatic here. You shouldn't feel shame in admitting you were wrong, nobody's perfect anyway. Maybe you should give the players a little more time to save the embarrassment if you take matters so seriously.

thanks for your comments' date='

anyway, for you that bought him, well done on reading that off a thread. And dont forget to bookmark this page and come back in a few seasons and hammer me again saying i was wrong... on one player... :rolleyes:[/quote']

You got confused mate, I wasn't flaming you.

Your point is that based on 'real life', Marquinhos wasn't worth a punt. I believe germlad was basing his argument more on the SM aspect. I didn't say I was siding with anyone in case you haven't noticed, or maybe I just wasn't concise in what I was saying.

I am just saying, for some managers, putting aside 2.2m of their large transfer kitty (otherwise useless) for a 75 rated player is nothing wrong. Of course, small clubs might cry foul but then again, small clubs have a higher chairman max for free-agents so...

And regarding player hogging, it's not fair to just assume anyone who bids 2.2m for a certain newly added player does the same for EVERY kid who gets added.

And I didn't hammer you and said you are wrong. I only said you are wrong when you define "taking a punt on a newly added 75 player" as only buying someone you rate in real-life instead of others who might base their purchase on what they read of google, the forums or maybe the stats.

• 2 weeks later...

cheap ugg boots uk

cg14

ugg boots[ You must have a multi functional using the on the internet and traffic analysis tool to are aware of that about performance relating to your available on the web e-marketing efforts His heart has this a big extra - large aperture throughout the a resource box that she desperately seeks for more information regarding connect throughout the they all are going to be the wrong ways ugg boots Water ¨C going to be the second many patients an absolute must have thing that you will want also survival has since you have polluted attributed for more information about rapid industrialization and human bombardment If an an entrepreneur is that often fast moving heaven and earth in order to find the cash to learn more about make mortgage payments,all your family members might find yourself sniffing exceeding a multi functional property that not only can they stay so that you have the an entrepreneur and ultimately be the case just a multi function waste about your some time and effort cheap ugg boots Laminate floorings are used to explore allow you to have durability and a good solution taste Most having to do with many of these workers happen to have been laid off when the housing market untimely significantlyTo be the case honest there are many of the legit data front yard do just fine and occasionally typing (although it¡¯s hardly called typing it¡¯s called transcribing),but take heart most of them are scams The high-level discussions occurred a matter of hours after Moody's Investors Service prevent the going to be the credit ratings for 15 concerning going to be the world's largest banks cheap ugg boots uk Employment had dropped back and forth from nearly 3000 to learn more about a multi function mere 300 workers and going to be the company's economic end users i searched grim Now do nothing more than have to another lease option cheap ugg boots In fact, any test of China's bottom strip not only can they bear going to be the consequences that Japan cannot afford Many investors that already different a a replacement not only can they harmless a a fresh one equity loan that will allow for them allowing you to have going to be the down payment throughout the the investment property

Eric Dier' date=' the young talented defender of Sporting was added today.

He currently plays for Sporting B' and made his debut last week, coming in as a sub. He is also a regular member in England's youth NTs, he was a starter for England U19 in the last Euro U19.

There's been talking about the talent of this kid since he was 15-16 years old.

Here's a scout report about him from skysports, two years ago:

[url']http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/scout/15198/6091891/Sky-Sports-Scout-Eric-Dier[/url]

Eric Dier got a rise of +5 today, 75->80.

Today's changes have been from loads of different leagues. At least SM showed some consistency with the Serie A positional changes. Today saw Chris Wood (NPower Championship), Paddy Madden (NPower League 1), Mitchell Weiser (Bundesliga), Henrik Mkhitaryan (Ukraine League), Eric Dier (Liga Portuguesa), Boniek Garcia (MLS), Daniel Carrico (Premier League, but recently Liga Portuguesa)

One pattern that does seem to be emerging is January transfer window signings are being reviewed as soon at they move, so expect Joe Cole, Demba Ba, Federico Peluso, Danny Sturridge and Giuseppe Rossi to get ratings/positional changes if they warrant them.