The New Players Thread

MUFC1

Re: The New Players Thread

If that's the case' date=' why bother posting at all? If you don't want people to find out about new players its simple don't mention them at all. If you want to keep it between the so called "5-6 people posting" get each others email addresses and just share amongst yourselves. But surely the whole point of a player talent scout or new players thread is to share info with people that dont have time or access to find out about some of the great up and coming players. I'm not having a dig at any of you guys as I can generally see your argument but there could be some kid out that that the most info he will get is from Sky sports or some footie magazine, and forums like these are the only chance he has to keep up with the big boys in his league.[/quote']

Agree. :)

Some people just want to get all the top talents for cv :eek:

Takes the fun out of it for me. This is a very useful thread that has been running a while now' date=' and many people have tried to stop it. The fact that it is still going strong shows that many people read and use the thread for help. There are a lot of players posted on this thread and for me the main skill is in picking the best players that are added because lets be honest here most will amount to nothing. People that say, oh i scouted him and now your telling everyone, that doesnt give you any more rights to sign him than anybody else. The fact that people take time to follow the thread and read up on new young players is for me, the same as people that scout young players anywhere else on line, the fact is unless you watch these players week in week out which im sure not many do, then we all got to rely on what people write about them. I can see the point you are making but, imo if you want to get them all for cv join a gameworld on your own, then you will get every single one:p[/quote']

Agree. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work Germlad

Is FOKOBO' date=' Fabrice worth picking up from Sporting?

Played for Cameroon's youth sides, and was captain of the under 17's. Any1 saw him play?[/quote']

I don't know much about him, but i 've noticed that lately is a constant starter for Sporting B'. If he continues to start, he will definitely be worth of keeping a close eye on him. Personally, i 've shortlisted him in my teams and i will follow his progress. If he continues to play, he will be worth signing, he will be a good riser, the least.

;2427796'].......Or Cephas Malele' date=' U18 Swiss Starlet, top scorer for Palermos Primavera side and on that form called into the first team? why has no one bid on him?? or even mentioned him? or Denzel Slager? Or even Jens Jonsson who i added a week ago?

[/i']

LOOOOLing hard at the flurry of activity on Malele now i mentioned him...:rolleyes:

might just start dropping names all the time now

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Boavista quad of Pereira Caio, Pedro Navas, Moura Carraca, and Carvalho Wellington. Navas has made 14 appearances, ten more than Armando Petit, Wellington has 5 goals in 14 games, Caio has made 7 appearances at the age of just 19, and Carraca has 2 goals from 13 midfield starts. Boavista are in the 3rd Portuguese Division but were relegated due to financial reasons, not footballing reasons, so their squad is quite good for the league they're in, and they cant afford to sign anyone, so these players will get game time.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Boavista quad of Pereira Caio' date=' Pedro Navas, Moura Carraca, and Carvalho Wellington. Navas has made 14 appearances, ten more than Armando Petit, Wellington has 5 goals in 14 games, Caio has made 7 appearances at the age of just 19, and Carraca has 2 goals from 13 midfield starts. Boavista are in the 3rd Portuguese Division but were relegated due to financial reasons, not footballing reasons, so their squad is quite good for the league they're in, and they cant afford to sign anyone, so these players will get game time.[/quote']

3rd division in Portugal? do they even do rating changes for that league?

the Portuguese first division is only done once a year

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Boavista quad of Pereira Caio' date=' Pedro Navas, Moura Carraca, and Carvalho Wellington. Navas has made 14 appearances, ten more than Armando Petit, Wellington has 5 goals in 14 games, Caio has made 7 appearances at the age of just 19, and Carraca has 2 goals from 13 midfield starts. Boavista are in the 3rd Portuguese Division but were relegated due to financial reasons, not footballing reasons, so their squad is quite good for the league they're in, and they cant afford to sign anyone, so these players will get game time.[/quote']

Does the 3rd Portuguese division get reviewed though? The 2nd division bar the B teams of the big clubs gets fairly neglected on its own.

If that's the case' date=' why bother posting at all? If you don't want people to find out about new players its simple don't mention them at all. If you want to keep it between the so called "5-6 people posting" get each others email addresses and just share amongst yourselves. But surely the whole point of a player talent scout or new players thread is to share info with people that dont have time or access to find out about some of the great up and coming players. I'm not having a dig at any of you guys as I can generally see your argument but there could be some kid out that that the most info he will get is from Sky sports or some footie magazine, and forums like these are the only chance he has to keep up with the big boys in his league.[/quote']

Wise words.

;2428796']LOOOOLing hard at the flurry of activity on Malele now i mentioned him...:rolleyes:

might just start dropping names all the time now

i was wondering about this guy, i did a search for him online when he was added but couldn't work out exactly if he was the real deal or just a good player, so decided against going for him for the most part.

As harman said i'm one of those players that will scout players added to the database, picking up many starlets before they get too much attention on here, but without actually seeing them week in week out i've no real inclination of exactly how much potential he might have (not that i could be a real life scout for man united anyway) or any of us for that matter :P

Scouting on SM/Online is not quiet the same as a real life scout, so any argument that somehow because you scouted in this fasion gives u an entitlement to a player on SM at min value or any value for that matter is madness

There's was once a time i wanted the added players to the datbase section in-game removed, however that's not how SM works, making it harder for managers to find out about such players is not how the game should work or how the forum/media should work

If the next messi is found, you will find this information by means of the media, not by seeing him in your local park.

I did it purely to see your reaction. I didnt bid on him in any other gameworlds apart from 7777. I have to say that I totally agree with Germlad and Mr Turk.

I agree with JMH, this is just spoon feeding those who can't be bothered to go check on the New Players List (Myself Included), although I know a lot about young talents of football at that, giving everyone the names of who to buy is just ridiculous. Funnily enough, most of the people on this thread bid max anyway and you end up losing out on the player. Very frustrating! B)

I did it purely to see your reaction. I didnt bid on him in any other gameworlds apart from 7777. I have to say that I totally agree with Germlad and Mr Turk.

it wasnt in spite. it was to see the reaction of people who play in the competitive GWs. And of course it was what i thought' date=' an increase in activity. The players are right there on the list and most would sit there untouched unless they get a mention, which in my eyes can be deceiving! So it works both ways.

Corentin Jean is a player i have watched for months now and for one time i want to buy a 'new player' my bid gets chumped, its just a little frustrating. Of course i dont have the 'right' to buy him first but you have to feel whats the point of looking out for youngsters or scouting when you eventually know you probably arent going to have the chance of getting them anyway as some 'collector' will take them anyway with a massive bid...i was just a little disappointed. But i have off set that anyway with the signing of Opa N'Guette :)

[u']Im not against this thread[/u], its just there should be a time frame of 24 hours minimum to allow people who study players first bite before the forum feeders pay 3M for them as they have the cash to chuck at any old player. Think of those in Gold worlds and competitive champs who struggle to buy anyone let alone new players...

Of course im not going to start name dropping, it was a sarcastic comment.

Im happy for people keep paying top whack in hope of finding the 1 in 100 that gets a 90+ rating as they normally end up selling them off after a year after they dont rise or get minimal rises to fund the next batch of youngsters.

;2434434']it wasnt in spite. it was to see the reaction of people who play in the competitive GWs. And of course it was what i thought' date=' an increase in activity. The players are right there on the list and most would sit there untouched unless they get a mention, which in my eyes can be deceiving! So it works both ways.

Corentin Jean is a player i have watched for months now and for one time i want to buy a 'new player' my bid gets chumped, its just a little frustrating. Of course i dont have the 'right' to buy him first but you have to feel whats the point of looking out for youngsters or scouting when you eventually know you probably arent going to have the chance of getting them anyway as some 'collector' will take them anyway with a massive bid...i was just a little disappointed. But i have off set that anyway with the signing of Opa N'Guette :)

[u']Im not against this thread[/u], its just there should be a time frame of 24 hours minimum to allow people who study players first bite before the forum feeders pay 3M for them as they have the cash to chuck at any old player. Think of those in Gold worlds and competitive champs who struggle to buy anyone let alone new players...

Of course im not going to start name dropping, it was a sarcastic comment.

Im happy for people keep paying top whack in hope of finding the 1 in 100 that gets a 90+ rating as they normally end up selling them off after a year after they dont rise or get minimal rises to fund the next batch of youngsters.

I wouldnt worry with the current SM rating system play a few games at Championship level and you will probably end up with a 90 rating :rolleyes::mad:

Re: Riferimento: The New Players Thread

Stefano Beltrame made his debut with Juventus :)

Stefano Beltrame was added this morning to the database. :)

As you said, he made his debut for Juventus on Saturday, he was a sub in the match against Genoa, so after his official appearance he was added to the DB.

He was doing very well at the Primavera this season (5 goals in 10 matches), so i guess this was the reason that he was promoted to the first team the last month.

He is also member of Italy's youth NTs U18-U19 (15 caps, 5 goals).

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: The New Players Thread

Stefano Beltrame was added this morning to the database. :)

As you said' date=' he made his debut for Juventus on Saturday, he was a sub in the match against Genoa, so after his official appearance he was added to the DB.

He was doing very well at the Primavera this season (5 goals in 10 matches), so i guess this was the reason that he was promoted to the first team the last month.

He is also member of Italy's youth NTs U18-U19 (15 caps, 5 goals).[/quote']

He is a promising guy, but I think he'll go back to Primavera with Anelka coming to Juve

Seko Fofana was added today to the DB, a 17 years old DM who was bought by Manchester City from Lorian in this transfer window.

He is member of France youth NTs, he has 27 caps for France U16, U17, U18 so far.

He is a good investment for the game, if you plan to be here for the next 2-3 years and more :) (because that is when i suppose he will start playing first team football, if he is not loaned out of course).

Archived