The New Players Thread

MUFC1

Re: The New Players Thread

Ugh' date=' why do people mention players straight away? At least wait 24 hours before putting it on here so that the people who have actually found the players themselves can get them. Do people enjoy missing out on players by telling everyone them straightaway?[/quote']

Agree. I've waited a while on the lad and someone can't keep in their excitement and spurts out the name so we now have to be in bidding wars with managers who had never heard of the player beforehand. Ugh!:(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand why but I wish people would stop moaning about people posting players when they choose to. Unless a new thread is created there is realistically nothing you can do about it.

Well you do understand our frustrations right. Any ways, Ill be okay missing out on him if I can get a certain 15 year old;)

Well you do understand our frustrations right. Any ways' date=' Ill be okay missing out on him if I can get a certain 15 year old;)[/quote']

I completely understand mate. I'm not making a dig at anyone specifically - sorry if it came across like that (I think I was typing as you posted)

I'm hoping we are thinking the same 15 year old - if so I cannot wait for him to come through :D

I understand why but I wish people would stop moaning about people posting players when they choose to. Unless a new thread is created there is realistically nothing you can do about it.

Maybe saying something will stop people from doing it? Its a forum, the place where im supposed to complain

Yes they are and I was explaining why I think they should wait before posting on here?

I don't see what the issue is, I too have been waiting for players mentioned on this thread which has resulted in extreme competition to purchase those players.

It makes it all the more satisfying when you beat off the rest of the competition.

I don't think people should be getting the hump just because others decide to mention the talented additions on the DB (not aimed at you by the way)

Might be stating the obvious here but it is only a game. Who cares when the players are posted in thread.

There are alleged "world beaters" added to the database on a regular basis' date=' 90% of which never achieve anything. I suggest the whingers put things into perspective.[/color']

I dont think anyone is exactly crying, its merely a suggestion

I don't see what the issue is' date=' I too have been waiting for players mentioned on this thread which has resulted in extreme competition to purchase those players.

It makes it all the more satisfying when you beat off the rest of the competition.

I don't think people should be getting the hump just because others decide to mention the talented additions on the DB (not aimed at you by the way)[/quote']

Yes, it does make it more satisfying to beat off competition for a player but I would rather buy a player for minimum for a player that I've found myself rather than pay maximum cos of someone mentioning it on here so that everyone knows. I dont understand why anyone who wants to sign good players who have come on the DB would instantly mention it and therefore reduce their chance of getting the player. It makes no sense to me unless someone is just trying to get loads of rep on the forum. Btw im not against competition before anyone says anything, I just think people are stupid for risking their chances of getting a player just so that they can be the first one to mention it on here.

I dont think anyone is exactly crying' date=' its merely a suggestion[/quote']

I suggest you read my comment again. I never mentioned anything about people crying!

Any competition is healthy competition. If I had a quid for everytime I have lost out on players because of this thread I would be a rich man, but I tend not to let it bother me as I stated already the vast majority are merely money makers and on the rare occasions you do find a gem then great.

Yes' date=' it does make it more satisfying to beat off competition for a player but I would rather buy a player for minimum for a player that I've found myself rather than pay maximum cos of someone mentioning it on here so that everyone knows. I dont understand why anyone who wants to sign good players who have come on the DB would instantly mention it and therefore reduce their chance of getting the player. It makes no sense to me unless someone is just trying to get loads of rep on the forum. Btw im not against competition before anyone says anything, I just think people are stupid for risking their chances of getting a player just so that they can be the first one to mention it on here.[/quote']

Maybe they're like me and not overly fussed if they miss out on a potential talent. There's always another one round the corner.

;2463470']yes its annoying and yes i cant stand it either' date=' but i would be far more appreciated by all if people did proper write ups and made a bit more effort than just going.....

max meyer...

we have a section on the forum for that, so why dont we use it??[/quote']

THIS x10000000000, back in the day we used to have a proper Player scouting forum which was brilliant help..... It was a far more enjoyable read than people squabbling over the fact someone mentioned a youngster who has made his debut's name.... -_-

Diego De Girolamo was added to the db. Big talent. Some interesting stories about him:

- He's the son of a former Napoli player

- Despite his italian name and father' date=' he was born in Chesterfield, England

- Despite being born in England, he chose to represent Italy. Arrigo Sacchi himself talked to him to convince him to represent Italy.

- Before signing his professional contract with Sheffield United, he was approached by the 2 Manchesters. He declined because he played with Sheffield ever since he was 7, and wants his team to make some money when they'll sell him.

Rated at 74, surely worth the investment[/quote']

the lads quality, blades fans have been screaming to see him for ages. at last he made his league debut for us, he played a full 90seconds and despite all the hype all he could do was force the opposition keeper into a great save with his second touch which resulted in an assisst.

Sadly i missed signing him in most of my gameworlds...sm arent sticking to their policy of waiting for a player to play 5competitive matches before adding them to the db :(

Archived