The New Players Thread

Re: The New Players Thread

Notable additions to the SM database:

MAX MEYER: One of the brightest and most talented young players in Germany. In 18 appearances for Germany U17, he has 9 goals, and on his debut in the Bundesliga for Schalke he got an assist. SM has acknowledged his potential, and he has a rating of 77 entering the database. Still only 17, and he is a definite MUST BUY!!!

TIN JEDVAJ: He has played 90 minutes in the past two games for Croatian powerhouse, Dinamo Zagreb. Still only 17, Jedvaj is already capped for Croatia U19. He already has more minutes this season than his team mate Alen Halilovic, who some consider to be the best talent in Croatia, as well as being capped at a higher youth level for his country. Even though Halilovic may be the more talented player, Jedvaj is still one of the brightest defensive prospects in Croatia, and for me is a must buy.

IVAN CALERO: The Spanish youngster has only briefly featured for Atletico Madrid's B side, and while he may not be the most talented youngster in Atletico's ranks (competing with the likes of Oliver Torres, Saul Niguez, David Gil, and Javier Manquillo), he is still capped for Spain U18. While he may not be a must buy, he is still worth monitoring.

NATHAN AKE: The arrival of Nathan Ake on the SM database has been long awaited after he made his premier league debut in December 2012. The young defender has promise, but will find it hard to break into Chelsea's first team, what with their most talented prospects returning from loan in coming seasons. (such as Nathaniel Chalobah, Tomas Kalas, Wallace, and maybe Jeffrey Bruma). However, he does possess talent, and in 4 games for Netherlands U19, has has scored 2 goals from the position of centre back, indicating that he could have more success with his country than his current club. He features regularly on Chelsea's bench, but he is not a must buy, unless you are in desperate need of a young centre back with potential.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The New Players Thread Now my bids have been accepted, I can talk about him. Alex Pritchard was added to the database yesterday morning. He is arguably the most talented player to come from our

Re: The New Players Thread Thanks lincvillan much appreciated. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread anymore so I have decided to put an end to my daily reports.

Re: The New Players Thread One for the LONG future added today, Gnaly Cornet of Metz. Only 16 years old, he already plays for Metz first team (Metz is now in French 3rd division). He is member of Fra

NATHAN AKE: The arrival of Nathan Ake on the SM database has been long awaited after he made his premier league debut in December 2012. The young defender has promise' date=' but will find it hard to break into Chelsea's first team, what with their most talented prospects returning from loan in coming seasons. (such as Nathaniel Chalobah, Tomas Kalas, Wallace, and maybe Jeffrey Bruma). However, he does possess talent, and in 4 games for Netherlands U19, has has scored 2 goals from the position of centre back, indicating that he could have more success with his country than his current club. He features regularly on Chelsea's bench, but he is not a must buy, unless you are in desperate need of a young centre back with potential.[/quote']

Pretty much i agree with your post, i just want to add about Nathan Ake (added today) that he has 29 caps (and 5 goals) for Netherlands U17-U19 so far, not bad for a 17 years old kid (turned 18 last week).

I agree that he's a promising defender and i think he's worth the risk signing him now, at this early stage of his career.

I remember some reports back in 2011 when Chelsea "signed" him from Feyenoord. Feyenoord were accusing Chelsea that they had "stolen" one of their future talents and there were comparisons with the "transfers" of Kakuta and Pogba to England...

Notable additions to the SM database:

MAX MEYER: One of the brightest and most talented young players in Germany. In 18 appearances for Germany U17' date=' he has 9 goals, and on his debut in the Bundesliga for Schalke he got an assist. SM has acknowledged his potential, and he has a rating of 77 entering the database. Still only 17, and he is a definite MUST BUY!!!

[b']TIN JEDVAJ[/b]: He has played 90 minutes in the past two games for Croatian powerhouse, Dinamo Zagreb. Still only 17, Jedvaj is already capped for Croatia U19. He already has more minutes this season than his team mate Alen Halilovic, who some consider to be the best talent in Croatia, as well as being capped at a higher youth level for his country. Even though Halilovic may be the more talented player, Jedvaj is still one of the brightest defensive prospects in Croatia, and for me is a must buy.

IVAN CALERO: The Spanish youngster has only briefly featured for Atletico Madrid's B side, and while he may not be the most talented youngster in Atletico's ranks (competing with the likes of Oliver Torres, Saul Niguez, David Gil, and Javier Manquillo), he is still capped for Spain U18. While he may not be a must buy, he is still worth monitoring.

NATHAN AKE: The arrival of Nathan Ake on the SM database has been long awaited after he made his premier league debut in December 2012. The young defender has promise, but will find it hard to break into Chelsea's first team, what with their most talented prospects returning from loan in coming seasons. (such as Nathaniel Chalobah, Tomas Kalas, Wallace, and maybe Jeffrey Bruma). However, he does possess talent, and in 4 games for Netherlands U19, has has scored 2 goals from the position of centre back, indicating that he could have more success with his country than his current club. He features regularly on Chelsea's bench, but he is not a must buy, unless you are in desperate need of a young centre back with potential.

Ake is a striker

Re: Riferimento: Re: The New Players Thread

If it is a stupid and ridiculous opinion and we cannot even describe in words how stupid it is as this one quite clearly is' date=' I think we certainly need to say more than 'I disagree'.[/quote']

I don't think anything should really be labeled as stupid or ridiculous and just remember that this is only a game. His opinion isn't really that bad either and I assume He's doing this to help other fellow forumers. Don't attack someone unless what they due is really stupid such as displaying intense homophobia, racism, cheating, etc. :o

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The New Players Thread

I don't think anything should really be labeled as stupid or ridiculous and just remember that this is only a game. His opinion isn't really that bad either and I assume He's doing this to help other fellow forumers. Don't attack someone unless what they due is really stupid such as displaying intense homophobia' date=' racism, cheating, etc. :o[/quote']

Thanks! :D

Re: Riferimento: Re: The New Players Thread

Max Meyer isn't a normal 17 yo kid, he's one of the best talents in the world, like Zidane, Mastour, Sterling
Max Meyer has the potential of Zidan' date=' Sterling, Mastour.

Cmon we've yet to see Mastour at top level he might not even make it.. Naming Max Meyer, Mastour, Sterling with the likes of ZIDANE is just insane.[/quote']

I think He means Enzo Zidane as He is grouping them in talents :) and not Zizou, the magician.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The New Players Thread

Max Meyer has the potential of Zidan' date=' Sterling, Mastour.

Cmon we've yet to see Mastour at top level he might not even make it.. Naming Max Meyer, Mastour, Sterling with the likes of ZIDANE is just insane.[/quote']

I mean Enzo Zidane, not Zinedine :rolleyes:

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The New Players Thread

Should of been ore clear' date=' He uses Zidane in his middle name :P

Enzo Alan Zidane Fernández :D[/quote']

Well, I just think it's a simple miscommunication :). Not everyone is as proficient in english or on the same level as other forumers, but He did say talents. :) I've made numerous grammatical and spelling mistakes on the forum as well. :o

I just feel that sometimes that on the forum if someone says something remotely not correct, people pounce upon it too much. We shouldn't be saying something or what someones posts is stupid or idiotic as nothing here is idiotic and stupid. :o

I'd even say Commander isn't stupid, but rather he's very very very delusional. :)

well with all the bid wars, scuffling and extortionate fees going on Max MEYER & Nathan AKE (over spending on a Chelsea youth - really? :D)

im very surprised this lad hasnt got a mention on here....he also appeared yesterday. Some regard him as a future star...

Player X - click to read more!

picked him up in 3 top GWs for very little, in one just 210k!

;2474011']well with all the bid wars' date=' scuffling and extortionate fees going on Max MEYER & Nathan AKE (over spending on a Chelsea youth - really? :D)

im very surprised this lad hasnt got a mention on here....he also appeared yesterday. Some regard him as a future star...

Player X - click to read more!

picked him up in 3 top GWs for very little, in one just 210k!

how do you rate meyer? I paid 3 mil for him in one of my GWs :o

how do you rate meyer? I paid 3 mil for him in one of my GWs :o

well going by the press about him he is very highly rated, comparisons to Draxler etc... And with Holtby gone Meyer has his spot in the matchday squad...He is supposedly the best player of his generation in Germany,,which you can read alot into as great players at 17 could be non leaguers at 23...

As always time will tell, but being in the first team squad already is a good sign of talent!

I managed to get him too in just one setup (7777 my main one fortunately) but i never pay straight cash as anything over £1M for a new player/youth is IMO ridiculous, but thats just my thing.