MUFC1

The New Players Thread

Re: The New Players Thread

I want to make a suggestion.

Can we wait 2 days after a player is added to DB before posting him here?

Because I know a lot of people are just lurking here and picking up players that others suggest without doing any work. I'm really putting in an effort to look for certain players whom are not added and scout/read up on them .. just to have some guy steal him because he read he was 'very good' on this thread. :mad:

Really annoying. Don't mind if I lose a bid to someone who has put in some effort also' date=' fyi.[/quote']

Never going to happen sadly

Zitat:

my opinion: worth picking in a competitive world

i would suggest:

1. devante parker
  2. maximilian phillip
  3. marnon busch is also worth a try in a competitive setup
  4. timo königsmann

Let's just say my German wasn't 'fantastic' what would I assume from the above passage?:D

Uh ok. 'my situation'? .. You failed to miss my point. Doesn't matter. :);)

Your point has been mentioned a lot of times i think in this thread when people miss their player. I personally agree with your point,sometimes people just look here and bid directly without looking any other sources. Maybe the best way for me is to create fake information,suggesting 76 rated Portuguese player for random Bulgarian team will be world beater and creating massive bidding war:p

Really, is this thread that bad? Yes, I understand it may be frustrating for managers who have 'scouted' a player to be outbid on him because people in here are raving about him as soon as he's added to the DB, but there is still one very easy way to find out which new players have been added to the game. Whenever I come on to SM (usually briefly every day), I just use the 'new players' tab under 'player database' to see who has been added to the game. If a player catches my eye then I will find out more about him and then decide whether or not I want to bid.

On top that, I usually come on the forum and into this thread after I've had a browse in the 'new players' section and see people complaining about players being mentioned that I've just seen literally two minutes prior in game.

I understand the frustration of some, but I can tell you now that some managers utilise the tool I've mentioned to find the very same players mentioned in here. It's not a thread of death or anything when there are other methods of finding and buying new players added to the data base.

I want to make a suggestion.

Can we wait 2 days after a player is added to DB before posting him here?

Because I know a lot of people are just lurking here and picking up players that others suggest without doing any work. I'm really putting in an effort to look for certain players whom are not added and scout/read up on them .. just to have some guy steal him because he read he was 'very good' on this thread. :mad:

Really annoying. Don't mind if I lose a bid to someone who has put in some effort also' date=' fyi.[/quote']

You guys put too much effort while it's so simple..

People will always offer good/max cash (especially in competitive GW's) for a Man Utd youngster for example that has been just added, its odd!So its kind of useless having yourself well-prepared for a top-club player who you've scouted/read good things about.You know people will go after him even if they've never heard of him.

Once they see the "Man Utd" below the players name, that will do it.It's part of the game, so get used to it.You can't expect to get Hachim Mansour for example, just because you've scouted him first, long ago.

Imo it has to be said that SM has develop quite nicely the New Players section, what with the Data Pack, the "II" clubs (Bayern II etc) and all.

They've managed to make ppl spending more time on SM. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember people spending so much money (4.5/5 mils) for 17/18 yrs old players back in 2010 when FYI this thread was spammed by new players that were just added.

Really' date=' is this thread that bad? Yes, I understand it may be frustrating for managers who have 'scouted' a player to be outbid on him because people in here are raving about him as soon as he's added to the DB, but there is still one very easy way to find out which new players have been added to the game. Whenever I come on to SM (usually briefly every day), I just use the 'new players' tab under 'player database' to see who has been added to the game. If a player catches my eye then I will find out more about him and then decide whether or not I want to bid.

On top that, I usually come on the forum and into this thread after I've had a browse in the 'new players' section and see people complaining about players being mentioned that I've just seen literally two minutes prior in game.

I understand the frustration of some, but I can tell you now that some managers utilise the tool I've mentioned to find the very same players mentioned in here. It's not a thread of death or anything when there are other methods of finding and buying new players added to the data base.[/quote']

I do that too.

My 'problem' is with people who are to lazy to find out anything about a player.. browse the forums only asking questions 'will he rise, who is the best, who blablabla' .. and also check this thread regularly and just pick up every player that is mentioned.

I don't mind losing out on a player if I'm outbid, that makes it fun. Getting every player I want would make the game very boring and when I get the player.. it's very satisfying.

But I see my suggestion falls on deaf ears .. most that have trouble with my opinion are probably the ones I'm referring to with my suggestion. ;)

ps: I don't have problem with this thread.. just when a player has just been added .. some go crazy in this thread the minute he's been added.

You guys put too much effort while it's so simple..

People will always offer good/max cash (especially in competitive GW's) for a Man Utd youngster for example that has been just added' date=' its odd!So its kind of useless having yourself well-prepared for a top-club player who you've scouted/read good things about.You know people will go after him even if they've never heard of him.

Once they see the "Man Utd" below the players name, that will do it.It's part of the game, so get used to it.You can't expect to get Hachim Mansour for example, just because you've scouted him first, long ago.

Imo it has to be said that SM has develop quite nicely the New Players section, what with the Data Pack, the "II" clubs (Bayern II etc) and all.

They've managed to make ppl spending more time on SM. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember people spending so much money (4.5/5 mils) for 17/18 yrs old players back in 2010 when FYI this thread was spammed by new players that were just added.[/quote']

Who said anything about a topclub player?

Also I don't expect to get a player when I 'scouted' him.

Really' date=' is this thread that bad? Yes, I understand it may be frustrating for managers who have 'scouted' a player to be outbid on him because people in here are raving about him as soon as he's added to the DB, but there is still one very easy way to find out which new players have been added to the game. Whenever I come on to SM (usually briefly every day), I just use the 'new players' tab under 'player database' to see who has been added to the game. If a player catches my eye then I will find out more about him and then decide whether or not I want to bid.

I understand the frustration of some, but I can tell you now that some managers utilise the tool I've mentioned to find the very same players mentioned in here. It's not a thread of death or anything when there are other methods of finding and buying new players added to the data base.[/quote']

got nothing to do with pleb 1 scouting eric cantona when he was 11, for me it's like cheating as your giving people a disadvantage who don't read the forum. It's just as bad as looking up the fm wonderkids for a new fm game there's so many cons to 1 pro being lazy wins.

This.

Maybe we are not all talent-hunting scouts but with the method just described above (which is the best one i'm aware of and the one i'm currently using too) you can scout for fresh talents pretty easily.;)

But I see my suggestion falls on deaf ears .. most that have trouble with my opinion are probably the ones I'm referring to with my suggestion. ;)

ps: I don't have problem with this thread.. just when a player has just been added .. some go crazy in this thread the minute he's been added.

I think your suggestion is agreed on by a lot of people' date=' but it's just not working in reality. It's never gonna happen that everyone sticks too it, bc there's always people who have other motives. The bold part also is very true, but unfortunately also inevitable.

I personally tend to just make a big bid right away for the players I scouted, because I know those are the players that are worth it. If I scout them as in, I believe they will rise into great players, I don't mind not getting them for minimal value. Of course it sucks if you have that annoyingly rich lazy manager who put high bids everywhere, but if you are the better scout and you spend your money wisely, you can outsmart them and in the end win the better players.

Sold for £60.2m in GC1

This is absolutely retarted. Not even Barca does things like this :P And seriously, how can you have so much money that you don't even have to look into a player (bc then you'd know he's no Messi) before paying amounts like this?!