The New Players Thread

MUFC1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The New Players Thread

;3021034']if they are buying players wanton without looking them up its on their own head if they over pay.....even if it is an error.

Quick enough to reverse a legit deal but won't help someone out off their own mistake that's not really how things should work now is it?

I logged another ticket to attempt to get a satisfactory answer & the ticket was closed with no response! That just shows complete contempt for paying customers :(

Yes, I took a punt on a player that I have no knowledge of. I've done it before & I'll do it again. Sometimes it pays off, more often than not it doesn't. I have no issue with that.

I'm not whining because I lost £700k, I'm not whining because I lost the next superstar.

The problem I have is I submitted a bid of a certain amount for a player of a certain age and certain rating. When the transfer was complete the player was totally different from what I bid for!!

Surely that warrants some form of intervention from the support/bug team

Yes I can "deal" with it, but fundamentally there is a problem.

SoccerManager telling me they don't control the data is total garbage. SoccerWiki has nothing to do with the player value from what I can see, SoccerManager must derive that from the SoccerWiki data.

SoccerManager blaming SoccerWiki for this appears to be an exercise in futility & a brush off.

When SM import/update and validate the player data from SW, having a player age 14 years in a day must/should flag something up. Should that not have a course of action to rectify any adverse impacts to the game worlds?

;3021034']if they are buying players wanton without looking them up its on their own head if they over pay.....even if it is an error.

Totally incorrect approach to take. SM and SWiki (or whoever runs the show these days) should ensure all data is correct before adding new players to the DB, any mistakes are their responsibility, it's not down to the users to check the games data.

I logged another ticket to attempt to get a satisfactory answer & the ticket was closed with no response! That just shows complete contempt for paying customers :(

Yes' date=' I took a punt on a player that I have no knowledge of. I've done it before & I'll do it again. Sometimes it pays off, more often than not it doesn't. I have no issue with that.

I'm not whining because I lost £700k, I'm not whining because I lost the next superstar.

The problem I have is I submitted a bid of a certain amount for a player of a certain age and certain rating. When the transfer was complete the player was totally different from what I bid for!!

Surely that warrants some form of intervention from the support/bug team [/quote']

I know it's not right .. but this gives me so much joy :D. Just buying random players and getting punished for not doing research .. I LOVE IT.

(I get what you're saying guy, just wanted to share my thoughts ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone perhaps explain why Vaclav Cerny (Ajax) was added to the DB?

He hasn't played for Ajax or their second squad Jong Ajax yet. So without any minutes under his belt' date=' why was he added? :confused:[/quote']

One of the finest young talents in the world. An odd exception to the rule

One of the finest young talents in the world. An odd exception to the rule

Yes and one that I have to let slide in one of my GW's :mad:. As I expect another young Ajax starlet to be added the next few weeks.. and I already did 2 transfers with Ajax :(:mad:

Didn't expect Cerny to make his debut this season, perhaps only near the end of the season. And he hasn't yet. So really annoying he got added.

Don't have a clue why he was added, he trained with the first team a few times and was only left out of the Qatar trip due to his position, but with those criteria in mind there a quite a few others who should be added too.

Either way, whoever added him doesn't seem to know what he looks like tho :o

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and one that I have to let slide in one of my GW's :mad:. As I expect another young Ajax starlet to be added the next few weeks.. and I already did 2 transfers with Ajax :(:mad:

Didn't expect Cerny to make his debut this season' date=' perhaps only near the end of the season. And he hasn't yet. So really annoying he got added.[/quote']

You'd rather get Donny over Vaclav?

Archived