The New Players Thread

MUFC1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The New Players Thread

Santos Gerson (76)- named as one of the top 40 youngsters born in 97 (Guardian) also currently ripping it up for the Brazil under 20's' date=' great prospect.[/quote']

Thank you wasn't quite sure which one to get. I have seen clips of both and Bruno Gomes IMO looked better and also has been linked with Manchester United however I did go for Santos Gerson as you suggested

Ananstasios Donis of Juventus has been added in DB.BVB were keeping close tabs on him but he finally extended his contract few days ago and then Juve loaned him to Sassuolo for the rest of the season.Great stats in Primavera A as well 33 apps,13 goals as a second striker.He has some good future in front of him though.

a couple of good players added yesterday-

llyod Jones is a liverpool player recently returned from a spell at Cheltenham town.

Borja San Emeterio is plying his trade in the Spanish 2nd division, but playing first team at only 17 years of age. recently he and his brother fede were called up for the Spanish U19 team.

A real gem that most people probably missed:

Mikkel Duelund The 17 year old dane is silky smooth and The Guardian listed him as one of the top 20 players from his age group. for only 10k, certainly worth a pick up.

Yeah' date=' I hate this too, even when you are the first to bid and you bid the maximum, someone else can apparently bid more? Not really fair.[/quote']

What infuriates me even more is the fact that (for me) it's always managers who just randomly splash cash on young players they see on the recently added players - before leaving the club just a few days later:mad::mad:

When that one annoying manager somehows gets to pay 2.7m for sheyi ojo compared to other managers who's max is 2.635m:mad::(:confused:

Big talent

Tbh, I beg to differ.This is actually one of the few things I like on SM.

The fact that a D4 club can offer more cash than a D1 club for a new player,makes sense tho.Reminds me of the NBA draft where the weakest clubs get the best ones.Of course the available cash is the deciding factor no matter how great the team is, but I've noticed if a D1 club has let's say 30m available to spend and a D4 club has 15m then possibly,the D4 chairman will let u spend more than a D1 chairman.The smaller the team, the more cash u can offer in order to create a decent squad,this sounds pretty fair in my head.

And yes I also hate it when I bother to scout a player before he's been added in the DB and then I notice these guys going nuts for every single player offering max cash,but we all know that these guys won't last.As half of these times you will find them spending big cash for not even decent talents, so this is neither here nor there though B).

Don't know if he was already submitted or not' date=' i was waiting for Borja Emeterio be accepted to submit Marius Wolf, as soon as Marius Wolf is accepted or rejected :rolleyes: i'll add Platte if no one does it till then, which i doubt.[/quote']

Add him?

He only has about 70-80 mins of first team football doesn't he?

So? That's why i'll add him. There is thousands that don't see any first team football or lot les than 70-80 mins and get added' date=' so why wouldn't he be?[/quote']

There are rules on when a player should be added after x amount of minutes....just because other players get on the DB doesn't mean everyone should avoid this rule they need a whole overhaul as if these players are constantly added the mods are failing

There are rules on when a player should be added after x amount of minutes....just because other players get on the DB doesn't mean everyone should avoid this rule they need a whole overhaul as if these players are constantly added the mods are failing

LOL, which rules are you talking about man? the 300min rule? if its that rule, its long gone. I won't add players if they haven't got professional minutes, but if a player is starting to getting them he should be on the database.

Rules... pff we are talking about SW here, they don't have rules, it usually depends if its a moron there on the day or not.

LOL' date=' which rules are you talking about man? the 300min rule? if its that rule, its long gone. I won't add players if they haven't got professional minutes, but if a player is starting to getting them he should be on the database.

Rules... pff we are talking about SW here, they don't have rules, it usually depends if its a moron there on the day or not.[/quote']

Well if that rule is long gone I never knew it got sacked off.

This.

I don't think the rule has been abolished but more because adding players is a "community" thing now and SM aren't there to enforce it people choose to ignore it. Personally I think there are already too many players on the DB and it's a shame isn't enforced any longer.

This.

I don't think the rule has been abolished but more because adding players is a "community" thing now and SM aren't there to enforce it people choose to ignore it. Personally I think there are already too many players on the DB and it's a shame isn't enforced any longer.

Yeah, there is too many useless players on the database, i agree, and there should be rules for adding players and changing positions, the 300min first team min rule sounds good, and for positions there should be a min of times that a player plays that position in a season so that could be added, i get disgusted how many players have 6/7/8 positions that's not how it should work.

That rule went a while back, thats why you see every tom, dick and harry added nowadays, so really, Platte prob has more minutes than a load added..

There is no consistency at all, so don't see a prob him being added - heres hoping some of the players added start to get a bit less frequent though, so many added without any real cause, just seen at the top of lists of top youths and suddenly they appear as if by magic on the DB

less o this and more effort into rating needy players please SM/SW bods.

Another bizarre one.

BOOOOOO!!!!

Yup, while Platte is starting for Schalke today in Bundesliga. I know that he's only starting because of injury's but still.

He imposed himself very good in the game against real, he uses his body well and the lad is pure strength, good aerial ability and nice shot, but kind of disappointing with the ball on his feet, not surprising for a guy of his size.

For example Abdelhak Nouri' date=' why the hell was this guy added, no first team minutes, no Jong Ajax minutes, only Uefa Youth league.[/quote']

I totally agree. He's been training with the first team and went with them to Qatar, but he's nowhere near making (regular) minutes in the first team, and he indeed hasn't even made minutes with Jong Ajax yet. If they are setting the bar this low they might as well start adding all youth players or including amateur divisions too or something... (Don't put ideas in their heads!!)

Re: Respuesta: The New Players Thread

Rodrigo AMARAL from Nacional' date=' Uruguay, was added a few days ago.

The kid was by far Uruguay best player on the recent U-20 South American Championship and is only 17 years old.

Grab it and run![/quote']

Nice shout also a player that should be picked up is G uido Nahuel Vadala.

sRCuov4Uzt8

Archived