What grinds my gears...

Jonaldinho

Time for a new thread dedicated to what really gets on your nerves:

People who deliberately spit in the middle of paths/pavements.

People who eat food in the cinema that is guaranteed to make an annoying noise, such as crisps.

Vegetarians who lecture you and/or look down on you for eating meat.

That horrific QuickQuid advert where the woman goes "There's a reason they're called QuickQuid you know" whilst having a horrible cheesy smile :mad:

Shop assistants who repeatedly ask you if they can help.

:mad:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: What grinds my gears...

You know what really grinds my gears....

People who walk diagonally across the road, making it even more awkward for drivers to get past without knocking them over.

People who don't say thanks when you open a door for them.

People who press the 'button' when crossing a zebra crossing before walking across as soon as they do it.

People who don't say thanks when you let them cross the road.

(By the way, these annoyances to do with cars/roads etc are just from my personal experience while in a car, not behind the wheel :P)

In general, people with no manners or respect for others.

You know what really grinds my gears....

People who walk diagonally across the road' date=' making it even more awkward for drivers to get past without knocking them over.

People who don't say thanks when you open a door for them.

People who press the 'button' when crossing a zebra crossing before walking across as soon as they do it.

People who don't say thanks when you let them cross the road.

(By the way, these annoyances to do with cars/roads etc are just from my personal experience while in a car, not behind the wheel :P)

In general, people with no manners or respect for others.[/quote']

Oh yes, when you hold a door for someone and they just stroll through without saying anything does my head in.

People who don't indicate :mad: I don't drive yet, but it still does my head in. Trying to debate whether to cross a road, you assume that the car will go straight ahead because they're at the corner without indicating so start to cross the road, and then it turns. Grrrrrr...

People that own Blackberry phones.

People that wear Ralph Lauren and Chinos, basically half of my sixth form.

People that still overuse Heskey jokes.

People that use excessive slang, you'd think they were talking gibberish.

People that press the button on a bus when they don't intend to get off, that really is annoying.

People that wear Ralph Lauren and Chinos' date=' basically half of my sixth form.

People that press the button on a bus when they don't intend to get off, that really is annoying.[/quote']

I hate chinos, would never be seen dead in them. Why would you want to wear beige coloured trousers?

People who use American language, such as Math, couch, etc. We're in England, speak our language.

I hate chinos' date=' would never be seen dead in them. Why would you want to wear beige coloured trousers?

People who use American language, such as Math, couch, etc. We're in England, speak our language.[/quote']

I'd rather wear pink shorts. OK, maybe that's a bit too exaggerated :P

But American isn't really a language in the end ;) I will never understand why they say Pants instead of Trousers.

I'd rather wear pink shorts. OK' date=' maybe that's a bit too exaggerated :P

But American isn't really a language in the end ;) I will never understand why they say Pants instead of Trousers.[/quote']

American words then ;)

People who go to the gym then walk round with a) ridiculous tight vests or B) those loose vests that hang down to show off their pecs. So egotistical, and looks stupid too.

People that wear Ralph Lauren and Chinos' date=' basically half of my sixth form.[/b']

People that press the button on a bus when they don't intend to get off, that really is annoying.

Awkward :o:p

I'm pretty sure there's a 'What grinds my gears thread'.

Also what's wrong with Blackberry phones, Ralph Lauren and chinos?

Ok, back on topic:

Helsingborg/Göteborg fans

People thinking David Guetta is the best DJ

What Adam said about people driving right behind you.

Bimbos

Girls that wear tooo much make-up and I mean too much

Them idiots you get in the gyms who think they're tough and can lift any weight

My dad putting the heating on at night when its not even cold......... :/

I hate chinos' date=' would never be seen dead in them. Why would you want to wear beige coloured trousers?[/quote']

Because it looks good. I thought you were fashion consious Jon?

People who wear chinos. (top of my list by far)

People who wear Jack Wills gilets.

People who copy TOWIE sayings like 'REEM' wish they'd just shut it.

People who are bitter, and comment on Facebook about other teams instead of concentrating on their own teams result.

People who go on Sunbeds.

People who think their massive when their just fat.

Also what's wrong with Blackberry phones' date=' Ralph Lauren and chinos?

[/b']

Ok, back on topic:

Helsingborg/Göteborg fans

People thinking David Guetta is the best DJ

What Adam said about people driving right behind you.

Bimbos

Girls that wear tooo much make-up and I mean too much

Them idiots you get in the gyms who think they're tough and can lift any weight

My dad putting the heating on at night when its not even cold......... :/

Because it looks good. I thought you were fashion consious Jon?

I was saying awkward because I'm a fan of both :P Assuming it was aimed at me haha.

Learners driving too slow ;)

People who don't indicate.

Having my mum in the car when I'm driving.

Greetings (Birthday, Christmas, etc.) cards.

People who speak out load in text talk.

People who walk down the centre of narrow pavements or similarly, groups who walk a pavement width abreast of each other.

How 'youth' is portrayed by the media.

Cold callers.

How short a time bread is in date for.

Orange people.

People who care for their appearance more than their cleanliness.

People who pick up on minor errors and make a big deal over them.

Modern baby names.

How my freezer freezes everything except ice cream.

Football fans who can't understand another's view on things.

People who make their minds up too quickly.

It wasn't aimed at you Ben. I don't have a Blackberry' date=' but they're good phones. Can't see why it grinds people's gears and also with Ralph Lauren's and chinos. I guess Elton and Jon are probably living in the 50's. :P[/quote']

They are good phones, but again, because it's not an iPhone, it's not good enough for some people. Nothing wrong with iPhones or some (I say some) people who have them of course. Chinos are nice looking and compfy, whilst also trendy at the same time. Can't go wrong really.

Another one; People who take the bad things out of others rather than the good things. To an extent though. Not with people like Bin Laden. Not that he had any good things going for him, but you know what I mean...

It wasn't aimed at you Ben. I don't have a Blackberry' date=' but they're good phones. Can't see why it grinds people's gears and also with Ralph Lauren's and chinos. I guess Elton and Jon are probably living in the 50's. :P[/quote']

You'd understand if half of what you hear at school is people admiring each other's "Ralphies" and half of them wearing beige trousers. I'd rather be living in the 50's, this era is image and fashion obsessed.

What grinds my gears...

Chavs. Not only do they look ridiculous in their tracksuits with their hoods up they all think they own the place when in a group. They will swear, shout, spit, drink, urinate, fornicate and trash wherever they are. If you see a group of chavs hanging around you should phone the police to get them arrested for crimes against humanity they really are vile creatures.

People who make fun of someone for being intelligent. Wanting to do well in school/ college isn't something to laugh at. Wanting a good education so your future is secure is a mature thing to do. Those who think it's 'sad' or call people a 'nerd' or 'geek' for getting good grades or studying should really think about what they are saying. 'HAHA you are more intelligent than I am and are working towards your future while I just spend my days smoking in the toilets drinking and being a general idiot'. Let me know how that worked out for you ;)

People who act stupid when they are not. Related to previous pet peeve anyone who deliberately acts less intelligent then they are gets on my nerves. Mainly girls do this to seem more attractive and 'ditsy' you don't look ditsy you look cheap, superficial and dumb. If you are lucky enough to be good at something don't act dumb. It's not only insulting to those who can't do it but also to yourself. Examples there was a girl in top classes for all subjects who once made statements such as 'do sheep lay eggs' and 'you know the parable of the sower is like a story does that mean its a story and not real'.

People who say 'get a room' to couples who are either hugging, holding hands or just kissing (not tongue kissing see next post). The only reason you are saying that is because you don't have anyone in your life to be with and are sad and alone. Go be sad and alone somewhere else if it's such a problem.

Tongue kissing in public. In private giving the woman in your life a bit of tongue is great..... in private though. No one wants to see or hear you sucking the face off some fat bird you've pulled cos you're so drunk you think she looks like Beyonce. Don't want to see you exchanging saliva neither does the world.

People who get drunk just to fit in (especially at uni). Nothing against people who drink because they want to fair play it's up to you but the people who don't want to drink never would before and suddenly do because they want to make friends are pathetic.

Men that wear low cut tops and tight shirts to show off muscles. We get it you work out you love your body we don't. Nothing worse then some gelled up muscle clad chino wearing 'bad boy' showing off his 'guns'. Any girl that falls for that and finds it attractive please leave this planet.

People who don't say please and thank you. If I have done something nice for you like opened a door etc (very simplistic example) have the courtesy to say thank you. It's two words not a sonnet it's not hard. Next time I will hold the door open then slam it in your face see if you say something about my manners then.

Fat people who blame their genetics or anything other then themselves. You put the food in your mouth. You choose not to exercise and stay healthy don't expect me to care if you are out of breath and want to sit down on a crowded bus/ train. It's called self control.

Girls and guys who think that sleeping around is cool. Especially guys who go off with as many girls as they can for one night stands. Well done you had sex with someone would you like us to throw you a party? You just end up looking like an idiot to any girls that actually have something about them and though you may feel fulfilled and happy while your having that one night stand I guarantee that feeling doesn't last.

That's a few of the things that grind my gears I am sure I will be a big contributor to this thread in future though :P Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Also what's wrong with Blackberry phones' date=' Ralph Lauren and chinos?

Because it looks good. I thought you were fashion consious Jon?[/quote']

There was one, but the last post was in May 2009 so I created a new one instead.

I hate chinos. I usually don't like the current fashion but this one I particularly dislike. The amount of people who wear them at the moment is just horrific.

Slim girls who moan about their weight annoy me. Usually they're just attention seeking. You're not fat, you know you're not fat, stop complaining.

People with loud and annoying laughs. You can change your laugh if it's that bad, most of the time you just like being the centre of the crowd.

Archived