Health & Fitness Thread

Re: Health & Fitness Thread

Pretty good article here on over-training.

Think I've been guilty of over-training alot this month, but It's been down to my motivation to get down there and get the workouts done. I'm not being deprived of sleep as I only have to get to college for 10 which I find fairly easy. But during the day I'm mentally tired which is very annoying and stressful.

Anyone else experienced over-training?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Health & Fitness Thread You don't want to be dirty bulking which is eating any old rubbish' date=' get on a nice clean diet. Consuming a high amount of calories through good strong foods. Fo

Re: Health & Fitness Thread Have been reading plenty from t-nation.com and bodybuilding.com along with checking out guys like leehayward, hodgetwins, bartellfitness etc on youtube. I hate Scott

Pretty good article here on over-training.

Think I've been guilty of over-training alot this month' date=' but It's been down to my motivation to get down there and get the workouts done. I'm not being deprived of sleep as I only have to get to college for 10 which I find fairly easy. But [b']during the day I'm mentally tired which is very annoying and stressful[/b].

Anyone else experienced over-training?

Wouldn't the bold suggest you're not living healthily?

This thread really isn't for me as I can't stand the monotony of gyms. I much prefer playing sports which require some mental agility as well but unfortunately, I screwed up my knee ligaments last October and they've not been right since :(

Wouldn't the bold suggest you're not living healthily?

This thread really isn't for me as I can't stand the monotony of gyms. I much prefer playing sports which require some mental agility as well but unfortunately' date=' I screwed up my knee ligaments last October and they've not been right since :([/quote']

I agree with you mate, but for me it's hard to find the right balance between being too active and inactive. I've just got in from a 8-hour shift at work and I have college tomorrow as well. So I have to fit in some exercise in there somewhere, it's not ideal but soon my timetable won't be as strenuous and then there won't be the hassle of trying to balance exercise with work/education.

Everyone has their own preferences and many don't like gym environment for some reason or another. But playing sports with friends is a great way to get active, exercising and having fun at the same time is by far the best method of keeping healthy. Sad to hear about your knee mate, did you see a doctor/physio?

I agree with you mate' date=' but for me it's hard to find the right balance between being too active and inactive. I've just got in from a 8-hour shift at work and I have college tomorrow as well. So I have to fit in some exercise in there somewhere, it's not ideal but soon my timetable won't be as strenuous and then there won't be the hassle of trying to balance exercise with work/education.

Everyone has their own preferences and many don't like gym environment for some reason or another. But playing sports with friends is a great way to get active, exercising and having fun at the same time is by far the best method of keeping healthy. Sad to hear about your knee mate, did you see a doctor/physio?[/quote']

I've seen several, all of whom have given me very woolly answers :P

As for needing to excerise, run/cycle to work maybe? Weights are showy and all but cardio's important too. No point being built like a wall if you can't handle a jog ;)

I've seen several' date=' all of whom have given me very woolly answers :P

As for needing to excerise, run/cycle to work maybe? Weights are showy and all but cardio's important too. No point being built like a wall if you can't handle a jog ;)[/quote']

That's too bad mate, sounds like an Owen Hargreaves case. :)

I run to the gym and back, and I play football Wednesday nights with matches Saturday mornings. I'm planning to start rugby again next year so I'm trying to gain some size and strength to help me compete.

That's too bad mate' date=' sounds like an Owen Hargreaves case. :)

I [b']run [/b]to the gym and back, and I play football Wednesday nights with matches Saturday mornings. I'm planning to start rugby again next year so I'm trying to gain some size and strength to help me compete.

Umm..assuming you are Ectomorph, doesn't most of that activity noted above involve raised metabolism and cardio which would invariably lead to more calories being burnt (fats/Carbo and protein-A position statement published by the ADA, DOC and ACSM recommends that endurance and strength-trained athletes have between 1.2 and 1.7 g/kg (0.5 - 0.8 grams per pound) of protein for the best performance and health btw).

You don't want to be dirty bulking which is eating any old rubbish' date=' get on a nice clean diet. Consuming a high amount of calories through good strong foods. For example one of your days could look like this.

[u']Breakfast[/u]

Porridge Oats with Banana, and a few tablespoons of peanut butter.

Lunch

2 brown bread chicken sandwiches with a handful of almonds afterwards.

Dinner

Tuna Pasta, with a desert of Greek yogurt mixed with honey and strawberries.

Snacks

Whey Protein Shake

Fruit

Porridge

Peanut Butter

Toast

I've obviously missed off a few essentials that you could eat on other days such as eggs, veges and pasta.

You need to be going to the gym regulatory to fully benefit going on a bulking diet, and there are certain exercises that will benefit you most. They are as Racky mentioned compound exercises, they are hugely beneficial as they work the whole body.

They are the Squat, Deadlift and Bench. If you implement one of these into each workout you will benefit strength-wise and mass will come alot quicker. They increase muscular activity, so they are great to start off your workout with. I would also say that lifting heavier will help you gain mass quicker, but focus and getting your form right first, these include your posture and positioning. If you are doing an exercise with poor form you won't be getting the full benefit. Start off on weights that are uncomfortable for you but ones that you have under control and then you can gradually get heavier once you've learnt the movements for good form.

Hope this helps buddy.

Woah I have only just noticed this reply, thanks for that I will really look back into this post when I start to properly bulk. :)

• 4 months later...

Get yourself this stuff next' date=' Its a far superior product and will last you an age;

http://www.supplementcentre.com/ProductPage/12097/5KG-Matrix-Anabolic-Protein.asp

Haven't posted here in a while.

Had a look at that stuff mate, but went for this.

http://www.onacademy.co.uk/shop-range/protein-amino-acids

Gold Standard 100% Whey on offer, really nice in Choclate flavour. Since I'm trying to cut as well for my holiday this year it's really ideal, containing a low amount of calories compared to other shakes.

I've finished College for the term, and going to University next year. Been going the gym 5 times a week, with rest days being Friday and Sunday. Starting to get alot stronger, and it's showing in my weekly excursions at Football and Rugby.

Just to finish off here's a video for you guys needing a little motivation!

Sk56VxaeqEQ

Gaspari_Nutrition_-_MyoFusion_Hydro_091kg_large.jpg

Anyone has any expirience with this?

I bought it recently.

My Brother was on Gaspari's Myofusion. If I remember correctly he had the berry flavour, but I don't think they do that anymore.

I had one or two serving's and it was pretty nice to be honest, but only with water. It was horrible mixed with milk as the power goes pretty thick so you'll need to give it a good shake!

Did you get it off ebay?

My Brother was on Gaspari's Myofusion. If I remember correctly he had the berry flavour' date=' but I don't think they do that anymore.

I had one or two serving's and it was pretty nice to be honest, but only with water. It was horrible mixed with milk as the power goes pretty thick so you'll need to give it a good shake!

Did you get it off ebay?[/quote']

I have this same Whey Protein (Like on the picture).It is very,very,very,very big.I've been drinking it for a while now,maybe 3 weeks or something like that,two times,before and after the gym,and when I am not going (Thursday and Sunday,because Gym is not working on these days) I drink it only once a day.I know one guy who is going to the gym for almost 8,9 years,so he knows one guy here from Sarajevo who is selling these to Gym shops here in Sarajevo,but he gave me for a lower price than the original.

And I heard that it is a way better with water,so I am doing it with water.

Maybe it is not the best whey protein that I could have got,but I heard that it is pretty good. :)

I have this same Whey Protein (Like on the picture).It is very' date='very,very,very big.I've been drinking it for a while now,maybe 3 weeks or something like that,two times,before and after the gym,and when I am not going (Thursday and Sunday,because Gym is not working on these days) I drink it only once a day.I know one guy who is going to the gym for almost 8,9 years,so he knows one guy here from Sarajevo who is selling these to Gym shops here in Sarajevo,but he gave me for a lower price than the original.

And I heard that it is a way better with water,so I am doing it with water.

Maybe it is not the best whey protein that I could have got,but I heard that it is pretty good. :)[/quote']

Gaspari is good stuff, and it sound's like your going to need a large stack, that amount you drink!

Your pretty lucky that you got it on the cheap, Gaspari's known to be one of the more expensive supplement brands alongside Maximuscle.

In regards into what you use it with, water or milk, it depends on the time of day and whether it's pre/post workout. Normally if your drinking it casually to get some protein into your system it's best to drink it with milk, as it's a slow release and it can stop you from snacking on junk throughout the day. Another time Milk should/could be used is pre-workout, just before you start a session.

Post-workout should be water, as it get's into your system quicker and starts repairing any broken down muscle tissue quicker than it would milk.

It's not essential what you drink it with, but it does help.

By the way, is Strawberries and Cream nice?, I always tend to stick to Chocolate to be safe.

Gaspari is good stuff' date=' and it sound's like your going to need a large stack, that amount you drink!

Your pretty lucky that you got it on the cheap, Gaspari's known to be one of the more expensive supplement brands alongside Maximuscle.

In regards into what you use it with, water or milk, it depends on the time of day and whether it's pre/post workout. Normally if your drinking it casually to get some protein into your system it's best to drink it with milk, as it's a slow release and it can stop you from snacking on junk throughout the day. Another time Milk should/could be used is pre-workout, just before you start a session.

Post-workout should be water, as it get's into your system quicker and starts repairing any broken down muscle tissue quicker than it would milk.

It's not essential what you drink it with, but it does help.

By the way, is Strawberries and Cream nice?, I always tend to stick to Chocolate to be safe.[/quote']

It is really nice,I like strawberry,so I like how it tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost done with my whey' date='I want to buy a new one,not sure should I go again for MyoFusion or should I buy something more "powerful"..

Like gold standard or something..[/quote']

Did you feel you made any gains in strength or size with myofusion?

If so, stick to that.

Did you feel you made any gains in strength or size with myofusion?

If so' date=' stick to that.[/quote']

Little bit,but it is more because of the gym tbh (at least I think so) :P .

Actually when I think about it,it is more than "little bit". :P

A little bit' date='but it is more because of the gym tbh (at least I think so) :P .[/quote']

Protein will have have some influence on your gains, it's just a matter of taking the shake at the right time.

If you like the flavour and texture I'd say stick with it, otherwise have a look at some other stuff. It can be hard to get a shake that you don't mind taking. I actually look forward to taking my Gold Standard Extreme Chocolate flavour one!

Protein will have have some influence on your gains' date=' it's just a matter of taking the shake at the right time.

If you like the flavour and texture I'd say stick with it, otherwise have a look at some other stuff. It can be hard to get a shake that you don't mind taking. I actually look forward to taking my Gold Standard Extreme Chocolate flavour one![/quote']

I edited my post,like I said,when I think little bit more about it,there are some results on my body.

Yeah,I might take gold standard as well. :D

I edited my post' date='like I said,when I think little bit more about it,there are some results on my body.

Yeah,I might take gold standard as well. :D[/quote']

There's an offer on the Optimum Nutrition website for Gold Standard, so check it out!

EDIT; Before you sign up, send me your email address so I can get some referral points!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at these fat burners, never took anything like this before so jsut abit apprehensive and whether they actually work.

T5s are suppose to be the best fat burner, and the reduced price of £20.50 for a months worth is tempting. :D

http://www.epicsupplements.co.uk/goals/weight-loss-pills/t5-fat-burners/forza-t5-super-strength-acai-berry-fat-burners.html

Looking at these fat burners' date=' never took anything like this before so jsut abit apprehensive and whether they actually work.

T5s are suppose to be the best fat burner, and the reduced price of £20.50 for a months worth is tempting. :D

[url']http://www.epicsupplements.co.uk/goals/weight-loss-pills/t5-fat-burners/forza-t5-super-strength-acai-berry-fat-burners.html[/url]

Is that really good to use? I heard that these fat burners are not so good. :P

Is that really good to use? I heard that these fat burners are not so good. :P

Just done a bit of research on them.

The consensus is that they give you more energy which makes you work out quicker. So i'm not quite sure they do that much metabolism wise, and they have a few side-effects; one being that you need to workout everyday you take them otherwise you'll struggle getting to sleep.

I'm still tempted to try them out, different supplements work for different people. The worst case scenario is I lose £20!