Health & Fitness Thread

Re: Health & Fitness Thread

Thanks man' date=' okay I'm aiming for a surplus of around 500 calories. Cool I see, I'll stick with natural foods for now and when I'm more financially able I might perhaps consider getting some supplements :)

One last thing, I'm not exactly very athletic or strong. I'm of average size and weight just looking to get more buff. Despite my modest strength it's still okay to do the "big three compound movements - squats, DL, benchpress" right and slowly build up the weight right? I see most gym beginners (the old me included) skipping the compound movements and wasting their time thinking hours and hours of bicep curls, tricep kickbacks will help pack on the mass when its clearly a common training misconception.[/quote']

I'd say focus on one Compound exercise each workout then couple that with some isolation moves. They are detrimental to the development of one's overall mass and it is usually great for developing raw strength.

You'll see people who isolate just their arms and while that part of their body may be impressive, when you look at the whole body in relation it really isn't much to admire. They'll lack raw power, have imbalances and most probably joint issues when their older.

Bought myself £70 worth of supplements earlier;

http://www.powerbody.co.uk/product-optimum-nutrition_100-whey-gold-standard-protein-cookies-and-cream-908g,689.html

http://www.powerbody.co.uk/product-driven-sports_craze-candy-grape-2385g,3979.html

Decided to stay with Gold Standard as I've noticed some good gains while on this protein and I finally bought a pre workout. Hopefully it can give me some extra drive and focus when I lift heavy.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Health & Fitness Thread You don't want to be dirty bulking which is eating any old rubbish' date=' get on a nice clean diet. Consuming a high amount of calories through good strong foods. Fo

Re: Health & Fitness Thread Have been reading plenty from t-nation.com and bodybuilding.com along with checking out guys like leehayward, hodgetwins, bartellfitness etc on youtube. I hate Scott

I'd say focus on one Compound exercise each workout then couple that with some isolation moves. They are detrimental to the development of one's overall mass and it is usually great for developing raw strength.

You'll see people who isolate just their arms and while that part of their body may be impressive' date=' when you look at the whole body in relation it really isn't much to admire. They'll lack raw power, have imbalances and most probably joint issues when their older.

Bought myself £70 worth of supplements earlier;

[url']http://www.powerbody.co.uk/product-optimum-nutrition_100-whey-gold-standard-protein-cookies-and-cream-908g,689.html[/url]

http://www.powerbody.co.uk/product-driven-sports_craze-candy-grape-2385g,3979.html

Decided to stay with Gold Standard as I've noticed some good gains while on this protein and I finally bought a pre workout. Hopefully it can give me some extra drive and focus when I lift heavy.

Whats the Craze for?

Got back from the gym :P Chest and Tri's.

Did decline, flat, incline bench press and butterfly machine (something like flys) for chest.

Did skullcrushers, close grip bench press, v-bar pulley push-downs, bar dips for tri's.

Probably doing some HITT sprints tomorrow :)

Whats the Craze for?

Got back from the gym :P Chest and Tri's.

Did decline' date=' flat, incline bench press and butterfly machine (something like flys) for chest.

Did skullcrushers, close grip bench press, v-bar pulley push-downs, bar dips for tri's.

Probably doing some HITT sprints tomorrow :)[/quote']

It's a pre-workout mate and it gives up a pump before the gym. I'll probably only take it for the times where I'm feeling a little bit tired and lacking motivation.

A quote from the description just to give you an idea of what it's about;

Imagine having something that helps you train BEYOND YOUR LIMITS. Imagine endless energy. No weight is too great and no personal record is safe. That something would give you unmatched results, where others have failed. That something is Craze, the ultimate in pre workout power.

Even after reading that it's making me want to go to the gym(even though I've just been).

Your triceps are going to be sore tomorrow! ;) How long did that workout last?

Just got in from a horrid leg workout.

3x12 - Leg Kick

3x12 Hamstring Curl

3x12 - Leg Press

4x10 - Lunges

3 to failure - Calf Raises

Took me around an hour. Needless to say my legs are currently in bits and I'm suppose to have Football tonight. :o

It's a pre-workout mate and it gives up a pump before the gym. I'll probably only take it for the times where I'm feeling a little bit tired and lacking motivation.

A quote from the description just to give you an idea of what it's about;

Even after reading that it's making me want to go to the gym(even though I've just been).

Sounds like a real awesome way to make you wanna go to the gym and train hard! :eek:

Your triceps are going to be sore tomorrow! ;) How long did that workout last?

Just got in from a horrid leg workout.

3x12 - Leg Kick

3x12 Hamstring Curl

3x12 - Leg Press

4x10 - Lunges

3 to failure - Calf Raises

Took me around an hour. Needless to say my legs are currently in bits and I'm suppose to have Football tonight. :o

That's a solid routine lol hope u manage to pull through later :)

Took me about an hour and a half was doing with a friend. The gym was quite crowded so had to wait for some of the equipment like the bench press :o

Just got in from my work and there was my order. Great service from PowerBody, quick delivery and professionally packaged would recommend to anybody thinking of ordering a supplement.

Just watched a Hodgetwins video and was amazed when they spoke about how talking a post workout too early can hinder your progression. So I'm now going to now delay any intake of food by an hour after the workout to allow the full effects of the growth hormone to take effect. :P

Been taking this Craze for a few days now and my energy levels are going through the roof. I'm taking 1.5 scoops with the recommendation being 1-2, how much you need to take is dependent on how tolerant you are to it. I'm coming home from Uni very tired and 30 minutes after taking a serving of it I'm pumped and wanting to go to the gym.

Very good supplement, and the fact that it contains Creatine is a big plus helping me lift more reps and train for longer. I recommend it guys if you ever start looking for a pre-workout.

• 4 weeks later...

Only seen this thread now..

ATM im going through myofusion protein , which is good as it has both Caesin and whey andI go gym after I'm finished my study so from 9-10 so I get some nice slow releasing protein for when I'm sleeping.

Also on Storm (creatine) which is about to run out, found it to be very good and nobside affects apart from the most horrific ***** :P

Once I finish the two ill go on serious mass, but as for now I've been replacing that with oat shakes with milk honey and banana's in the morning.

Anyone else have any random foods they eat with high levels of cals? Even just a snack like peanut butter..

Anyone else have any random foods they eat with high levels of cals? Even just a snack like peanut butter..

Don't know but many try replacing your plain water with maybe milk? Drinking is an easy way to up the calories intake for the day.

Also depending on your macros, nuts might be a good way to hit your calorie requirements.

Don't know but many try replacing your plain water with maybe milk? Drinking is an easy way to up the calories intake for the day.

Also depending on your macros' date=' nuts might be a good way to hit your calorie requirements.[/quote']

Need all the water I can get due to creatine. Ye I should eat more nuts but my brothers severly allergic so its tough eating them around the house haha

• 4 weeks later...

How's everyone progressing ?

I'm trying to bulk up to around 100kg. (Currently at 90kg). I'm coming on quite well, staying lean but getting some noticeable thickness. Craze is doing wonders for my workouts, have such a pump heading into the gym and I find it so hard to leave. Seriously recomment it to those who have low motivation or if you are very tired after work but wanting to head over to the gym. :)

And I'm also eyeing up these as my next purchase, needed some running shoes and these fit the bill perfectly.

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/product/flex-2012-run-id-running-shoe/?piid=27509&pbid=6622993#?pbid=6622993

Hi,

What are your opinions ont he best protein powder? Not looking to body build much but to add some muscle so I dont look like a light breeze will blow me over!?

Also whats the best exercise for loosing weight around the waist? (pretty slim already but the lower abs are showing no signs of being present...I have very odd looking 'abs' I might add haha pps I say abs in the loosest possible terms as they aint very stand-outish, yet!) I'm thinking swimming!?

Hi' date='

What are your opinions ont he best protein powder? Not looking to body build much but to add some muscle so I dont look like a light breeze will blow me over!?

Also whats the best exercise for loosing weight around the waist? (pretty slim already but the lower abs are showing no signs of being present...I have very odd looking 'abs' I might add haha pps I say abs in the loosest possible terms as they aint very stand-outish, yet!) I'm thinking swimming!?[/quote']

I'm assuming you're looking for a protein powder with few calories and if that's the case I'd recommend looking Gold Standard Whey. I'm still currently using it and I can honestly say it's the best protein I've used by a clear distance. It has around 100 calories per serving.

There is no one exercise. But the best form would be to lift weights (freeweight exercises target your core more than any crunch or sit up). By the sounds of it you're looking to add lean muscle to your body instead of bulk. That's not easily done, and it's alot harder than losing weight and adding bulk. It requires a good diet and solid training with the right weight and rep range.

Have a look at the following link. I'd say the diet is a bit extreme, but look at the routine if you implement something similar to that in your workouts you'll be taking a good step in the right direction to getting that lean look your after.

Lean Muscle Routine

Cheers, when would you have a protein shake? I know most people recommend after a workout, in the morning and sometimes before going to bed!? But obviously if I need to keep the calories to a minimum would you just use it post-workout or do the pro's outweigh the cons for having a shake in morning etc. as well?

ps the link doesn't work for me :/