Health & Fitness Thread

Re: Health & Fitness Thread

Cheers' date=' when would you have a protein shake? I know most people recommend after a workout, in the morning and sometimes before going to bed!? But obviously if I need to keep the calories to a minimum would you just use it post-workout or do the pro's outweigh the cons for having a shake in morning etc. as well?

ps the link doesn't work for me :/[/quote']

The order of importance

1. Within 30min post-workout

100. Other times

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Health & Fitness Thread You don't want to be dirty bulking which is eating any old rubbish' date=' get on a nice clean diet. Consuming a high amount of calories through good strong foods. Fo

Re: Health & Fitness Thread Have been reading plenty from t-nation.com and bodybuilding.com along with checking out guys like leehayward, hodgetwins, bartellfitness etc on youtube. I hate Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Not had a lot of time to post lately, but I'm currently on a bulking cycle. Trying to jump up to 100kg by spring time, currently sitting on 90kg. Aiming for around 3500 calories a day, and trying to eat as clean as possible which is very hard during the festive period.

Decided to change my supplements, my Craze has just ran out so I'm trying out MusclePharm's Assault. The flavour is a massive improvement, and I am getting a great pump. Not a fan of the after taste it leaves in the mouth though, not sure if that's a common effect of most pre workouts are just of the two I've taken, as Craze had the same thing.

My gym has just had a refurbishment, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the new equipment that's been brought in. I had heard/seen the blueprint, and I wasn't very happy with what had been discussed, and I was pessimistic as to whether I would enjoy the new layout and machines. But after stepping in for the first time yesterday, I was amazed. Hit shoulders and bi's and the machines and new dumbbells were amazing, just currently preparing for a nice chest and tricep day and I can't wait!

Set to get my first ever tub of protein powder.

Buying Ultimate Nutrition Pro Star Whey. 5lbs tub. :)

In Singapore, the ON 100% Gold Standard is the same cost as the Prostar butmdecided to go for the Prostar as it has more protein per serving, and more BCAAs compared to ON 100% Gold Standard.

Looking forward to it arriving tomorrow.

My gym has just had a refurbishment' date=' and I'm pleasantly surprised by the new equipment that's been brought in. I had heard/seen the blueprint, and I wasn't very happy with what had been discussed, and I was pessimistic as to whether I would enjoy the new layout and machines. But after stepping in for the first time yesterday, I was amazed. Hit shoulders and bi's and the machines and new dumbbells were amazing, just currently preparing for a nice chest and tricep day and I can't wait![/quote']

That's cool I normally train in my mini room gym lol. IKEA brackets to act as squat rack and bench press rack. And I use a 1.8m barbell lol to train.

I also have a pullup bar and a dip stand (improvised).

So just jogging everyday is a better option than crunches.

Would a healthy diet help?

You can do planks and normal crunches for a basic start to tone ur ab muscles. When you get more advanced you can explore youtube for harder ab exercises (theres quite a few).

For now, chiseling away your belly fat should help make your existing abs more visible. A good diet should help, try and do some cardio to burn fat lol. HIIT is a good way, you can look it up. Beats normal long jogs in terms of effectiveness in burning fat.

Also, watching your diet helps. :)

You can do planks and normal crunches for a basic start to tone ur ab muscles. When you get more advanced you can explore youtube for harder ab exercises (theres quite a few).

For now' date=' chiseling away your belly fat should help make your existing abs more visible. A good diet should help, try and do some cardio to burn fat lol. HIIT is a good way, you can look it up. Beats normal long jogs in terms of effectiveness in burning fat.

Also, watching your diet helps. :)[/quote']

Thanks mate, lots of help

:)

Caleb's given you solid advice there mate, everyone has abdominals but there's that annoying layer of fat which covers it. Go for a run 3-4 times a week, and shed the pounds and you'll start discovering those hidden muscles.

But, I'd advise you to take up weight training if you're serious about losing weight. Building muscle increases your metabolism, which then leads to more fat being burned. Obviously it's a long process, but with hard work you'll be reaping the rewards.

On developing your abdominals, I'd say should you take up weight training to focus on compound movements. ie. Squats, Deadlifts and Bench Press. All these exercises require you to keep your balance which is done by using your core muscles. This is ALOT more effective than doing crunches or the plank.

Caleb's given you solid advice there mate' date=' everyone has abdominals but there's that annoying layer of fat which covers it. Go for a run 3-4 times a week, and shed the pounds and you'll start discovering those hidden muscles.

But, I'd advise you to take up weight training if you're serious about losing weight. Building muscle increases your metabolism, which then leads to more fat being burned. Obviously it's a long process, but with hard work you'll be reaping the rewards.

On developing your abdominals, I'd say should you take up weight training to focus on compound movements. ie. Squats, Deadlifts and Bench Press. All these exercises require you to keep your balance which is done by using your core muscles. This is ALOT more effective than doing crunches or the plank.[/quote']

Ty guna give em a try, its not really for muscle building just to keep in shape for the holidays as i tend to get the munchies in these long holz

;):P

I need to get back to my workout.My new year revolution will be dont give up on my workout.As sometimes i couldn't be bothered :(

But i will start with my triceps and Biceps.I lift 18kg on 1 arm. 25kg on both.

All i need is motivation.

Well if you are starting after a gap then 18 kg may be too much for your muscles. Work out makes the muscle loose and when you give a gap then muscle gets stiff so increase your load slowly and steadily :)

Well if you are starting after a gap then 18 kg may be too much for your muscles. Work out makes the muscle loose and when you give a gap then muscle gets stiff so increase your load slowly and steadily :)

I know what your saying. I've dropped to 15kg for my bicep. Thats normally my tricep weight.I will take it easy.

I need to get back to my workout.My new year revolution will be dont give up on my workout.As sometimes i couldn't be bothered :(

But i will start with my triceps and Biceps.I lift 18kg on 1 arm. 25kg on both.

All i need is motivation.

Go workout with a friend. Personaly I'm quite a lazy person but I've been doing sports since I was young (though I also just love what I'm doing) and had some times I considered quitting, but I kept going on because of the team I had and eventually the fun came back.

And I've now been going to the gym for just over a year after a mate invited me to join him and I've been going every week (preferably at least 2 times a week) and even when I didn't really feel like it I get the motivation from my friend who just drags me over there, and sometimes its the other way around. Working out with a friend will absolutely help your motivation problem, only reason I can't see it working if you go do it with someone who also has 0 motivation :P