Changes in financial situation

I'm writing this article because of the recently introduced changes in the financial system.

The recent changes make money worthless, because all teams can spend money like water. Almost every team has at least 100 million on their bank accounts, what means they can buy almost every player they want. An often seen result is that in almost every gameworld the managers only participate in part exchange deals. Players with a rating of 88 and higher are almost impossible to get, because other managers already bought them and are making profit. A squad with Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Casillas and so on is possible and besides you can even earn a profit. I think this is a bad situation because SM is removing itself further from the reality. The job of a manager in real-life is to achieve the best possible with limited resources. But in SM you have almost infinite resources, so it takes the fun out of the game. Good management doesn't really bothers, because it's so easy to make profit. So I think SM has to reconsider these changes, and maybe it's even better to change the whole financial system. But that's up to the SM team.

Re: Changes in financial situation

I strongly recommend that there should be profit dividens to the Board of Directors of each club at the end of the season .. If a club is making loss then its the board that injects money in to balance the club's account .. Then there won't be such a case happening and make the money worthless.. How does that sound ?

I strongly recommend that there should be profit dividens to the Board of Directors of each club at the end of the season .. If a club is making loss then its the board that injects money in to balance the club's account .. Then there won't be such a case happening and make the money worthless.. How does that sound ?

That's a terrible idea and would never happen. Basic economics is print more money = lower the value of it.

Look at 1940s Germany and current Zimbabwe. Simply producing more money is not the answer, that's a regressive suggestion not a progressive one

To me his suggestion sounds a lot more like what the NBA does with its luxury tax rather than 1940s Germany and present day Zimbabwe.

I do believe that SM could penalize the richer clubs or the clubs that pay over X amount in wage bills by charging dollar for dollar amounts once you reach the "luxury tax threshold". Clubs below that threshold would receive the total pot at the end of each season rather than the chairman handing out new money.

One of my teams has the following roster;

C Ronaldo (98) - A Iniesta (97) - I Casillas (95) - W Sneijder (95) - G Pique (95) - D Villa (95) - D Alves (95) - D Drogba (94) - E Cambiasso (94) - D Maicon (94) - S Busquets (94) - S Ramos (94) - G Higuain (94) - R Pedro (93) - M Gomez (93) - R Ferdinand (93) - J Mata (92) - M Van Bommel (92) - A Pato (92) - G Barry (91) - M Hamsik (91) - L Diarra (91) - M Gotze (91) - S Kjaer (90) - L Lucas (90) - A Lennon (90) - T Kroos (90) and about 200 more players some of whom are the next big 90s players (Iker Muniain, Musacchio, Phil Jones, etc.).

236 players all up. $4,235,600 in weekly wage.

I have over $150m in the bank. There are three other teams with similar rosters.

I can sell the bottom 50 of my players without hurting me whatsoever giving me another 50-75 mil in my bank and purchasing the great young talent as it becomes available in the game world.

I wouldn't mind if this team was taxed 20-30 mil (or so) at the end of the season with the poorer teams given a hand out so that they can buy another two or three players so they can be more competitive. I don't think the other teams with similar talent in the league would either. It wouldn't dent us but it would help the other teams potentially dramatically. Imagine having that extra money and going and spending it on young talent like OC or Deulofeu who us rich teams have not targeted intentionally to let other managers get some studs.

To me his suggestion sounds a lot more like what the NBA does with its luxury tax rather than 1940s Germany and present day Zimbabwe.

I do believe that SM could penalize the richer clubs or the clubs that pay over X amount in wage bills by charging dollar for dollar amounts once you reach the "luxury tax threshold". Clubs below that threshold would receive the total pot at the end of each season rather than the chairman handing out new money.

One of my teams has the following roster;

C Ronaldo (98) - A Iniesta (97) - I Casillas (95) - W Sneijder (95) - G Pique (95) - D Villa (95) - D Alves (95) - D Drogba (94) - E Cambiasso (94) - D Maicon (94) - S Busquets (94) - S Ramos (94) - G Higuain (94) - R Pedro (93) - M Gomez (93) - R Ferdinand (93) - J Mata (92) - M Van Bommel (92) - A Pato (92) - G Barry (91) - M Hamsik (91) - L Diarra (91) - M Gotze (91) - S Kjaer (90) - L Lucas (90) - A Lennon (90) - T Kroos (90) and about 200 more players some of whom are the next big 90s players (Iker Muniain' date=' Musacchio, Phil Jones, etc.).

236 players all up. $4,235,600 in weekly wage.

I have over $150m in the bank. There are three other teams with similar rosters.

I can sell the bottom 50 of my players without hurting me whatsoever giving me another 50-75 mil in my bank and purchasing the great young talent as it becomes available in the game world.

I wouldn't mind if this team was taxed 20-30 mil (or so) at the end of the season with the poorer teams given a hand out so that they can buy another two or three players so they can be more competitive. I don't think the other teams with similar talent in the league would either. It wouldn't dent us but it would help the other teams potentially dramatically. Imagine having that extra money and going and spending it on young talent like OC or Deulofeu who us rich teams have not targeted intentionally to let other managers get some studs.[/quote']

In my eyes, SM is a football management game but also a financial management game. Those who have controlled their budget well deserve to have money to spend. Why should others get more help over other players. Those who deserve to have lots of money get it

What about new managers who inherit a team and constantly work to improve their team's situation. Often it borders on impossible.

There needs to be something done to give new owners an opportunity to turn teams around. When the teams that have money outbid the teams that are trying it doesn't reward the team trying.

The rich get rich, the weak get weaker and never shall the two meet.

SoccerManager should not be La Liga which is destroyed by two teams who can afford what every other team cannot.

I'm writing this article because of the recently introduced changes in the financial system.

The recent changes make money worthless' date=' because all teams can spend money like water. Almost every team has at least 100 million on their bank accounts, what means they can buy almost every player they want. An often seen result is that in almost every gameworld the managers only participate in part exchange deals. Players with a rating of 88 and higher are almost impossible to get, because other managers already bought them and are making profit. A squad with Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Casillas and so on is possible and besides you can even earn a profit. I think this is a bad situation because SM is removing itself further from the reality. The job of a manager in real-life is to achieve the best possible with limited resources. But in SM you have almost infinite resources, so it takes the fun out of the game. Good management doesn't really bothers, because it's so easy to make profit. So I think SM has to reconsider these changes, and maybe it's even better to change the whole financial system. But that's up to the SM team.[/quote']

I'm guessing you either mean A. the ability to now add a starting balance to gameworlds of £5M right upto £300M or B. the fact that loads of empty gameworlds have teams with +£100M.......am I right??

A. the feature to add a starting balance is only available in custom gameworlds, therefore it is upto the owner to decide how they want the gameworld to be setup.

B. there is no way to stop this from happening, if an unmanaged club is making a profit then the bank balance will rise.........this would happen in real life aswell.

If you go to join a gameworld and all the big players are at a handful of clubs, there is loads of unmanaged and most teams have £100+ million in the bank, I strongly suggest finding a better league........there are loads out there.

try joining one of the many forum filled leagues that you can find in the gameworlds section of the forum, If it's realism you are after this is your best way of finding it ;)