Sign in to follow this  
cheekylad68

Luis Suarez is gay

He isn't. Or at least I have no proof that he is;)

But what if he was?

Seeing as more and more people are trying to encourage Gay footballers to 'come out' how would YOU feel if your star player came out tomorrow and said he was Gay?

Would your views of him change? Would you like him less? Would you still want him playing for your team?

Many folk feel that 'Homophobia' is still very strong in this day and age, but imo it is only 'very strong' with silly off the cuff comments (such as Macheda and Morrison posted on Twitter) from uneducated idiots.

Many have no issue at all with it, and as long as it doesn't interfere with my life/wellbeing then they can stick it wherever they blooming well like.:o

Imo IF gay footballers were to come out I couldn't envisage the vitriol toward them being any worse than some are subjected to from the crowd now.

*This is not a 'gays aren't natural' etc etc thread, this is merely a thread for expressing if your views would change were your star player ( or any player for that matter ) to 'come out'.

Re: Luis Suarez takes it up the ****

I don't think the vitriol they received would be any worse but can definitely envisage gay footballers attracting chants about their sexuality and they'd definitely be singled out.

I wouldn't give a damn if a City player came out, so long as they kept performing.

If any player at the club I support were to admit their homosexuality, they would still retain my complete and utter respect and support on the field. Off the field my opinion of them would lower significantly (for example, just as my opinion of Giggs as a man is very low, I still respect and support him on the field.)

tbh ' date=' i would HATE him sooooo much

i mean a gay in my favourite team ?????? yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk *** ???[/quote']

And this is exactly the problem with the world.....

And this is exactly the problem with the world.....

it's not a problem, it's a divine grace that the world is still sane ,and only few are reallly getting insane

*** ?????????????????????

it's not a problem' date=' it's a divine grace that the world is still sane ,and only few are reallly getting insane

*** ?????????????????????[/quote']

Being gay is not being insane. It's a biological thing imo and some people just are, simples.

But anyways, this isn't here to discuss ethics and morals. If any Coventry players came out it wouldn't change anything for me. In fact half the team need a shove up the bum to get them moving :P

If any player at the club I support were to admit their homosexuality' date=' they would still retain my complete and utter respect and support on the field. Off the field my opinion of them would lower significantly (for example, just as my opinion of Giggs as a man is very low, I still respect and support him on the field.)[/quote']

This is pretty much my angle also. As long as they were still performing and it didn't split the dressing room then I would support them 100%.

A LOT would depend on the reaction from the media, as imo after the 'well done/congrats' are all out of the way I fear that subtle puns would appear in match reports involving said player such as emphasising the use of the words 'ball control', 'bent it in', 'caught offside' etc etc. This would then encourage or give fuel to the chants etc that would no doubt follow any 'come outedness'(I'm claiming that word:D) .

it's not a problem' date=' it's a divine grace that the world is still sane ,and only few are reallly getting insane

*** ?????????????????????[/quote']

Ok, ignoring your homophobia for a moment as that is not the issue here.

As a Real Madrid fan you would rather (hypothetically) have no Ronaldo at all rather than a Ronaldo who was 'gay'?

Would you not be able to support said player on the pitch but dislike him off it (as I do with Ryan Giggs for example)?

exactly, as long as they deliver well on the pitch, i don't care if they give birth to 10 babies, being family man, but going to nightclub at midnight sometimes :P who remembers how many girlfriends Backham had??

as long as they go alone, but not in form of group-visit (that sounds stupid and not a wise-man-act)... that' s fine :D no pictures taken at sex parties of course !!

of course, buying houses, motor vehicles, diamond, etc as gifts are silly move even though they are easily affordable for that...

tbh ' date=' i would HATE him sooooo much

i mean a gay in my favourite team ?????? yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk *** ???[/quote']

Why though. Would being gay make him a worse footballer? In fact does being gay make him a worse person?

So long as he keeps playing well I don't care if he's gay, straight, bisexual, asexual or likes to get it on with kitchen appliances (ok maybe the last one is a bit odd). The point is a persons sexuality doesn't make a difference. People are born the way they are.

I think in general if a footballer were to come out then yes they would have chants directed at them but the amount of colourful things I hear shouted at players week in week out would probably be less offensive then what the idiots could come up with. Take for example Park Ji Sung he's a United player yet during the game if he's playing at some point Old Trafford will belt out 'Park Park wherever you may be you eat dogs in your own country it could be worse you could be scouse eating rats in your council house'

This is to our own player who we love.... so you see the sort of standards of football fans chants in the first place players will always get stick from fans but I think if a player did come out the fans in general wouldnt care but one or two fans would cause a scene with a banner or something and the media would go crazy about it and make a big song and dance of it.

Ok' date=' ignoring your homophobia for a moment as that is not the issue here.

As a Real Madrid fan you would rather (hypothetically) have no Ronaldo at all rather than a Ronaldo who was 'gay'?

Would you not be able to support said player on the pitch but dislike him off it (as I do with Ryan Giggs for example)?[/quote']

where did u bring that from ???

ronaldo ''was'' a gay

maybe u should go and double check that

http://entertainment.todaysgist.com/2012/02/cristiano-ronaldo-girls-list-of-28.html

http://tiptopworld.blogspot.com/2012/02/cristiano-ronaldo-girlfriend-list.html

Being gay is not being insane. It's a biological thing imo and some people just are' date=' simples.

But anyways, this isn't here to discuss ethics and morals. If any Coventry players came out it wouldn't change anything for me. [b']In fact half the team need a shove up the bum to get them moving[/b] :P

Wish I could rep you for that made me spit my tea out :P

You may want to check what the word 'Hypothetical' means and then re-write your post;)

It was a hypothetical question...

Edit: Beaten by seconds...

Why though. Would being gay make him a worse footballer? In fact does being gay make him a worse person?

well ..he asked for the forumers opinion and i stated mine

i didn't say that it makes him a worse player or anything , but i would just hate him and wish that he get a move to another club immediately

it's against ethics and morals

and real madrid would never bring or let a gay wear it's shirt

it can affect their reputation(moral,economical........etc)

It was a hypothetical question...

Edit: Beaten by seconds...

You may want to check what the word 'Hypothetical' means and then re-write your post;)

hahaha :P sorry i didn't see that :P :p

who doesn't know what hypothetical means

but i moved immediately to the main point of the post

:P:p my bad :P:p

cheers ;)

i didn't say that it makes him a worse player or anything ' date=' but i would just hate him and wish that he get a move to another club immediately

it can affect their reputation(moral,economical........etc)[/quote']

So if he is still performing for your club you would still want him to leave it.

Ok so what if your best player at your club the player who is keeping your club top of the league and you know without him you would not win the league was gay would you still want him gone?

(Cheekylad i know you already asked this question I'm trying to use words other then hypothetical for reasons i'm sure you all know)

And how would it effect Real Madrids reputation? Why would it be morally wrong to have a gay footballer? I get that economically they might lose a few

shirt sales due to the 'people' who would hate him for it but not significant amounts to make a player leave.

i didn't say that it makes him a worse player or anything ' date=' but i would just hate him and wish that he get a move to another club immediately

What do you think will affect Real's reputation more? Having a gay player (they more than likely have one now) or refusing to let gay players play for them? :rolleyes:

Don't you feel that, in this day and age, Real would be applauded by the majority for giving their players enough confidence to 'come out'?

IF (Hypothetical again ;-) ) Ronaldo came out and was gay then Real wouldn't see ANY decrease in economical relations and their reputation would increase if anything.

They could take the lead in the fight for 'equality' in football.........

So if he is still performing for your club you would still want him to leave it.

Ok so what if your best player at your club the player who is keeping your club top of the league and you know without him you would not win the league was gay would you still want him gone?

(Cheekylad i know you already asked this question I'm trying to use words other then hypothetical for reasons i'm sure you all know)

really mate ?? :P

And how would it effect Real Madrids reputation? Why would it be morally wrong to have a gay footballer? I get that economically they might lose a few

shirt sales due to the 'people' who would hate him for it but not significant amounts to make a player leave.

What do you think will affect Real's reputation more? Having a gay player (they more than likely have one now) or refusing to let gay players play for them? :rolleyes:
Don't you feel that' date=' in this day and age, Real would be applauded by the majority for giving their players enough confidence to 'come out'?

[b']IF[/b] (Hypothetical again ;-) ) Ronaldo came out and was gay then Real wouldn't see ANY decrease in economical relations and their reputation would increase if anything.

They could take the lead in the fight for 'equality' in football.........

well, guys don't u see that too many IFs were used , we can't state toomany hypotheses , cause in reality none of them is true, and we are not talking about a reality , cause none of RM players are so

saying that...every big club and before signing any player , they scout him ( in and outside the field) and study this transfer in its tiny details so that nothing goes wrong or it won't affect the club , that's why we see some players don't move because of their questionable : actions , morals, mood, nature ........etc

how can the fans act if they woke up bought a newspaper and read :

a gay footballer joining arsenal,mat utd, chelsea, inter , barca, or real madrid

personally it would make me feel sick

and that's my own opinion

cheers mates ;)

:

a gay footballer joining arsenal' date='mat utd, chelsea, inter , barca, or real madrid

;)[/quote']

You disgust me. If gays and straights are different, does that mean Blacks and Whites are different too? Would you feel sickened if your club signed a black player? Stop spouting such hate filled bile, go away and open your eyes, you complete ignoramus.

Back to the initial question, if Arsenal had 25 homosexuals, i really couldn't care less. Who they're attracted too is their business and has nothing whatsoever to do with football.

well' date=' guys don't u see that too many IFs were used , we can't state toomany hypotheses , cause in reality none of them is true, and we are not talking about a reality , cause none of RM players are so

saying that...every big club and before signing any player , they scout him ( in and outside the field) and study this transfer in its tiny details so that nothing goes wrong or it won't affect the club , that's why we see some players don't move because of their questionable : actions , morals, mood, nature ........etc

how can the fans act if they woke up bought a newspaper and read :

a gay footballer joining arsenal,mat utd, chelsea, inter , barca, or real madrid

cheers mates ;)[/quote']

Talking hypothetically is to use an 'if' statement.

Statistically speaking, at least 2/3% of all people will be gay so it is safe to assume Real Madrid will have had gay players at the club.

It's unlikely the club knows the players are gay as they obviously want to keep it private because people might react as you would. There was a recent BBC documentary about gay footballers and I think Max Clifford was interviewed saying he knew of at least 6 well known footballers that were gay.