Sign in to follow this  
cheekylad68

Luis Suarez is gay

Re: Luis Suarez is gay

I find it embarrassing that you can openly accept the behaviour of homosexuals. However if I responded to all your posts with' date=' 'I think your beliefs are wrong,' then I would look pretty stupid.

The opening post asked for our opinions. I'm sure if you had it your way, everyone would be forced to agree with you. Just because you clearly don't agree with religion, it doesn't mean those who do are embarrassing themselves.[/quote']

agree 100 % and for that i'll rep u too :P;)

u r completely contradicting urself now' date=' i told u i don't like to reply cause your speech is out of sense

btw it doesn't matter at all of u accept my opinion or not, but u know deep inside of u that mine is right, and that u r just trying hard not to admit it and to accept the other opinion due to some motives u have(i don't even want to know what are they )

agree :P[/quote']

I'm not tolerating you because i find your opinions despicable.

I think i'm going to explode.

Can we steer the conversation off whether being gay is right or wrong as there are two very clear sides and people will be on one or the other and no amount of arguing will change their minds. If you want to discuss it further, by all means use PMs.

Let's get back on the topic of what it would mean for a footballer to come out as gay.

agree' date='and i think cheeky is hidden gay:rolleyes:,thats why he s forcing this subject,and footballers wont admit they are gay at least 20y from now[/quote']

Unfortunately I have 3 kids and a wife so I am going to have to miss out on the 'man love' for this lifetime;)

I raised this topic as it has been highlighted frequently in the media recently, and I was curious as to how other football fans opinions would fall in line with my own.

I'm not tolerating you because i find your opinions despicable.

I think i'm going to explode.

I actually thought this began as a joke thread as i cant believe we are in 2012 and there are still people with these views.

I blame the culture and parental guidance for these stone age views,the uk gets a lot of stick but i wouldnt swap it for the world after hearing these bigots.

Its clear that homosexuality is a sin and they are not born that way .

They may be born with tendency to homosexuality (like sissy) but that does not mean they will be a homosexual , its their choice to be homosexual or not .

As a few people have said it is up to them...

Its called "their personal life" for a reason.

The only thing that will change would probably be the abuse that they get from opposing fans, which then should be condemned by the FA or whatever association runs the football in that country.

I actually thought this began as a joke thread as i cant believe we are in 2012 and there are still people with these views.

I blame the culture and parental guidance for these stone age views' date='the uk gets a lot of stick but i wouldnt swap it for the world after hearing these bigots.[/quote']

we are in 2012 and everything is different , i know, who doesn't

i mean we are all open minded

but when it comes to religion....

it will always be the same from the beginning of the history until it ends, it's the only thing that isn't going to develop, cause it's a DIVINE LAW

i may agree with u in any other thing , and i am sure there are plenty of things that all of our generation has the same opinions towards them

btw do u even know where am i from???

PS: when u wanna talk about being in 2012 another time u shall not use these words ''' the uk gets a lot of stick but i wouldnt swap it for the world '''

just check my profile for the word location and u'll see who's really understanding what time are we living in now

cheers mate

Its clear that homosexuality is a sin and they are not born that way .

They may be born with tendency to homosexuality (like sissy) but that does not mean they will be a homosexual ' date=' its their choice to be homosexual or not .[/quote']

Sigh.....

Ok so by the same logic you choose to be straight then you consciously say to yourself no I'm deciding not to be attracted to men and am deciding I like women?

That means you were not born genetically attracted to women and you have chosen to like them so you could also have ended up choosing to be gay?

If a footballer was gay he's born that way so accept him for the way he is. Much you like you or I am born heterosexual.

Everyones entiltled to there opinion,thats why its a discussion forum but this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth.

It stands to reason that there has been gay footballers at every club since the clubs began,probally some bigger names that you might realise.

Thats me done now anyway.

Sigh.....

Ok so by the same logic you choose to be straight then you consciously say to yourself no I'm deciding not to be attracted to men and am deciding I like women?

That means you were not born genetically attracted to women and you have chosen to like them so you could also have ended up choosing to be gay?

If a footballer was gay he's born that way so accept him for the way he is. Much you like you or I am born heterosexual.

LOL , thats not what i mean . i mean man are created for woman . Thats what Bible said and any other religions .

we are in 2012 and everything is different ' date=' i know, who doesn't

i mean we are all open minded

but when it comes to religion....

it will always be the same from the beginning of the history until it ends, it's the only thing that isn't going to develop, cause it's a [b']DIVINE LAW[/b]

i may agree with u in any other thing , and i am sure there are plenty of things that all of our generation has the same opinions towards them

btw do u even know where am i from???

PS: when u wanna talk about being in 2012 another time u shall not use these words ''' the uk gets a lot of stick but i wouldnt swap it for the world '''

just check my profile for the word location and u'll see who's really understanding what time are we living in now

cheers mate

'Divine laws' that are written by men.

If I were to say to you right now that I have just spoken to God and he told me to tell you that homosexuality is right because God is love and that he wants all people on his earth to love one another equally and not discriminate you would turn to me and say I was blaspheming or I was lying. Do you not see where I am going with this.....

You follow those laws that are meant to promote love not hatred yet vilify those who express their love because of your hatred and intolerance.

I really don't think that Religion should come into it, In the 21st Century people should be more tolerable, I actually hate religion being brought into arguments, people not have there own opinion? You have to follow religion to the letter? I guess your the same people who will avoid pre-marital bow chicka wawa ;) Or the guys who go church every week? Or the guys who follow the bible word for word, if you did you wouldn't survive nowadays, things have changed and religion is the minority now.

Anyway I don't think that my opinion would change if Suarez or whoever said he was gay, if he plays well on the pitch he can do what he wants in his own time. Anybody who thinks homosexuality is worse than cheating on your wife needs there head checking.

Homosexuality is a sin, ha were in the future now guys. There choice shouldn't fuss anyone.

And Cheeky of all players to pick you pick the one with the wife and kid, and the Liverpool player ;):P

Unfortunately I have 3 kids and a wife so I am going to have to miss out on the 'man love' for this lifetime;)

I raised this topic as it has been highlighted frequently in the media recently' date=' and I was curious as to how other football fans opinions would fall in line with my own.[/quote']

some married man are gay or bi(its just cover for them)....................

And maybe now the time is right for them to come out' date=' as the 'religious morons' etc are in a clear minority (Mudito et al) and the majority would help calm the seas in the temporary storm that may erupt after 'coming out'?

I could see the effects being similar to 'racism' in the sense that 20 years ago a majority [b']seemed [/b] to be against homosexuality but as time has gone on a general acceptance has come over us(really really wrong choice of words but at a loss to an alternative:o).

Also feel clubs and managers could encourage it (coming out - not encouraging homosexuality ;-) )as the clubs taking the lead stance on this issue would be seen in a very positive light.

Personally i wonder just how many people are not unsettled by homosexuality, quite a few more than a tiny minority I'd wager but still.. It always baffles me how those that call for acceptance and tolerance attack those with opinions different to their own. To describe someone whose religious beliefs consider Homosexuality as a sin as a ''religious moron '' is in my opinion way out of line.

Personally i wonder just how many people are not unsettled by homosexuality' date=' quite a few more than a tiny minority I'd wager but still.. It always baffles me how those that call for acceptance and tolerance attack those with opinions different to their own. To describe someone whose religious beliefs consider Homosexuality as a sin as a ''religious moron '' is in my opinion way out of line.

[/color']

Fair points. I was quoting Infernito's term 'religious morons' in my own post however.

I agree that we all need to be more tolerable of each others views but for footballers to be comfortable in coming out I feel that there would have to be a general consensus that it is 'their business' and we can continue focusing on their ON the pitch activities and not be bothered what they do off it.

I personally feel that maybe the time is now as I feel that those bothered by a footballer being gay would be in a vast minority.

Fair points. I was quoting Infernito's term 'religious morons' in my own post however.

I agree that we all need to be more tolerable of each others views but for footballers to be comfortable in coming out I feel that there would have to be a general consensus that it is 'their business' and we can continue focusing on their ON the pitch activities and not be bothered what they do off it.

I personally feel that maybe the time is now as I feel that those bothered by a footballer being gay would be in a vast minority.

Thing is Will there is an anti faith theme all through society nowadays' date=' you see daily examples of it here on the forum. It often feels to me that Christians and Muslims ( in particular) have became an acceptable target for mockery and insult. And woe betide anybody who challenges this tide of vitriol. I have strived to maintain a relationship with Christianity all my life ( often failing) and whilst i can't fully accept homosexuality as ' normal', i believe the Lord has a place for us all, and i personally find the despicable behaviour of many of the married footballers much more offensive. [/color']

And Cheeky of all players to pick you pick the one with the wife and kid' date=' and the Liverpool player ;):P[/quote']

Well I would have picked Rooney but his 'misdemeanours' with the elderly are well published;)

Picked Suarez simply as it was a player whose fans view as one of the best at their club.

I don't always agree with some of the statements Infernito come's out with but I remember he posted on an other thread, 'The world would be a better place without religion' or something along those lines, and evidently in this thread he is to be proved quite right.

Personally i wonder just how many people are not unsettled by homosexuality' date=' quite a few more than a tiny minority I'd wager but still.. It always baffles me how those that call for acceptance and tolerance attack those with opinions different to their own. To describe someone whose religious beliefs consider Homosexuality as a sin as a ''religious moron '' is in my opinion way out of line.

[/color']

Not really. People who spout such nonsense in their daily lives deserved to be treated with the upmost comtempt. How can two people loving each other be a sin? It's completely absurd. I'd like somebody to point out to me where in the bible it says Homosexuality is wrong. Actually give me a direct quote. If there is one, i'd withdraw my religious morons statement and change it to brainwashed morons.

I don't always agree with some of the statements Infernito come's out with but I remember he posted on an other thread' date=' 'The world would be a better place without religion' or something along those lines, and evidently in this thread he is to be proved quite right.[/quote']

Did you read the debate that followed?

Thing is Will there is an anti faith theme all through society nowadays' date=' you see daily examples of it here on the forum. It often feels to me that Christians and Muslims ( in particular) have became an acceptable target for mockery and insult. And woe betide anybody who challenges this tide of vitriol. I have strived to maintain a relationship with Christianity all my life ( often failing) and whilst i can't fully accept homosexuality as ' normal', i believe the Lord has a place for us all, and i personally find the despicable behaviour of many of the married footballers much more offensive. [/color']

I see the relevance of religion to this argument and accept it. However I feel that we could end up going off track here. I was born and raised a Catholic but if the bible is to be taken as gospel (no pun intended) then I will be going to hell 10 times over.

I agree wholeheartedly with your final sentence. The likes of John Terry and Ryan Giggs disgust me beyond belief. I generally dislike them as men and view them OFF the pitch as scum.

However as long as it didn't affect me directly I couldn't care less if the whole Man Utd team 'came out' in the morning whilst singing Freddie Mercury songs and wearing rainbow coloured shirts.

Not really. People who spout such nonsense in their daily lives deserved to be treated with the upmost comtempt. How can two people loving each other be a sin? It's completely absurd. I'd like somebody to point out to me where in the bible it says Homosexuality is wrong. Actually give me a direct quote. If there is one' date=' i'd withdraw my religious morons statement and change it to brainwashed morons.[/quote']

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper