Sign in to follow this  
Pedworgan

The REAL World Championship

Re: The REAL World Championship

U23 Next Generation

Quarter Finals

Preview

Tottenham vs Marseille

Semifinals one will see newcomers and the most impressive team in the group stage Tottenham face Marseille. Spurs have no doubt shock the U23 world with their play thus far in the tournament, Led by Marko Marin and a host of other pacey wingers the North London team are favorites against a less than impressive Yarmalenko and Marseille.

Chelsea vs Dortmund

Semifinals two will see the Blues face the new look Dortmund who will be without Neymar and Mario Gotze. Chelsea on the other hand led by Alexis Sanchez and Neven Subotic have all their pieces in place and will be looking to take advantage of a Dortmund who will now have to look to Marco Reus as their new U23 star.

Benfica vs Napoli

Defending Champions Benfica are clear favorites going into this one, but Napoli have proven to be anything but a walkover thus far in the tournament. They are littered with talent like their portuguese counter part, but guys like Lorenzo Insigne will be looking to lead them past the Mvila's and Luuk De Jong's of Benfica.

Milan vs Atletico Madrid

Possibly one of the hardest match to call based on both teams performances thus far in the tournament. But new faces of the highest quality are in place at Milan and will be looking to make their mark right away. On paper this should be a cake walk for the Rosseneri, but football isn't played on paper now is it.

Was Arsenal ever in the under 23s comp? i cant find anything in the schedule page? how does it work? where do i view the fixture and results?

It' not an official competition per se' date=' it's more of a 'friendly tournament', where the prize is pretty much bragging rights lol.

We organise it by sending friendly requests to those involved. We use the CL/Olympic format of group that turn into knockout matches once the matches are over.[/b']

It' not an official competition per se' date=' it's more of a 'friendly tournament', where the prize is pretty much bragging rights lol.

We organise it by sending friendly requests to those involved. We use the CL/Olympic format of group that turn into knockout matches once the matches are over.[/b']

Ok i understand now thank you. So i have to wait till next season now don't i?

New boys to play in U23s

Milan's new signings Mario Gotze and Neymar will both start tonight versus Atletico Madrid in the U23 Championships. Their debuts have been much anticipated by fans hoping to get a first view of the talents of the highly touted duo.

Morgan spoke in the prematch press conference:

'Mario and Neymar will be playing tonight yes. It is an ideal opportunity to give them their first starts and we at Milan are very excited to see what they can offer us going forward. Losing Zlatan and Gareth will be a blow for us but I am convinced the new guys will settle in and show the league their class before long.'

bra.jpg

Imo thats one of the best deals I have seen since I joined the game.. in Dortmunds favour.

Gotze+Neymar = Ibra isnt too far off a bad deal but then you get Bale, Nastasic and El Sha and Lucas...IS THAT ACTUALLY THE DEAL..:eek:

Did the Milan coach sleep with the Dortmund coach's wife, and this was a way of apologizing.

Imo thats one of the best deals I have seen since I joined the game.. in Dortmunds favour.

Gotze+Neymar = Ibra isnt too far off a bad deal but then you get Bale' date=' Nastasic and El Sha and Lucas...IS THAT ACTUALLY THE DEAL..:eek:

Did the Milan coach sleep with the Dortmund coach's wife, and this was a way of apologizing.[/quote']

Haha yeah my thoughts exactly :P

Well the new boys were at the heart of our win. Neymar scoring and assisting' date=' Gotze scoring and Deulofeu assisting. As for the deal being bad...I just really wanted those two :P[/quote']

Yeah I wanted M'vila that badly once, offered Moutinho + Lewan + Aurtenetxe + Sturridge... didn't work too well for me ;)

Yeah I wanted M'vila that badly once' date=' offered Moutinho + Lewan + Aurtenetxe + Sturridge... didn't work too well for me ;)[/quote']

We still are yet to receive Wijnaldum and cash so not just the duo, although on paper it is very one sided still obviously. Hopefully it will make the league more competitive though.

We still are yet to receive Wijnaldum and cash so not just the duo' date=' although on paper it is very one sided still obviously. Hopefully it will make the league more competitive though.[/quote']

agreeing to a set of transfers to make the league more competitive is a very strange option to take

just incase you would like to help any other sides be more competitive id gladly take off pato and kaka your hands in exchange for danny rose and joe allen - that would certainly make my side more competitive which would be great

your deal impacts on all of division 2 managers as dortmund have now got a class squad for the division - i never expected to see such an unbalanaced deal in a custom league

We have seen less balanced deals in this league I think. Anyway, I didn't do it just to make the GW more competitive, I did actually want to do the deal itself. I wasn't expecting a reaction as bad as this but at the end of the day it is a legitimate deal so there is no point in complaining about it.

We have seen less balanced deals in this league I think. Anyway' date=' I didn't do it just to make the GW more competitive, I did actually want to do the deal itself. I wasn't expecting a reaction as bad as this but at the end of the day it is a legitimate deal so there is no point in complaining about it.[/quote']

I saw youd done the transfers the other day and couldnt quite believe it but thought if thats what you want to do fair play

it was the your comment the transfers will hopefully make the league more competitive that made me post

if you had said you made the transfers because your were desperate to get neymar and gotze there would have been no reaction (from myself)

but to say even part of your decision was to make another team more competitive defeats the whole point of playing soccer manager in my opinion

I saw youd done the transfers the other day and couldnt quite believe it but thought if thats what you want to do fair play

it was the your comment the transfers will hopefully make the league more competitive that made me post

if you had said you made the transfers because your were desperate to get neymar and gotze there would have been no reaction (from myself)

but to say even part of your decision was to make another team more competitive defeats the whole point of playing soccer manager in my opinion

I apologize if people perceive this deal in any way as me just trying to help Dortmund and screw over other managers. I used very sloppy words to describe the deal.

What I meant to say was I did the deal as I really wanted to recruit Neymar and Gotze in particular and that I noticed Dortmund would benefit from the deal in the immediate and possibly distant future. Despite this the deal was entirely selfish and I wasn't deliberately helping Pro, just signing two high priority targets even if paying over the odds.