Sign in to follow this  
Pedworgan

The REAL World Championship

Re: The REAL World Championship

Manchester United beat the drop after beating fierce rivals Man City 2-1

I would however like to point out again how easy it is to win with 3-5-2 as this was the first game of the season I have used it and being so close to relegation I thought I'd quite fancy a victory so I used 3-5-2 and bam instant win.

I had hoped that people would follow suit when I announced I would not be using it and make an effort to not use this obviously overpowered formation however as no such effort has been made next season I will be challenging for the title with my 3-5-2 team.

Well done to Milan on your title btw! :)

Manchester United beat the drop after beating fierce rivals Man City 2-1

I would however like to point out again how easy it is to win with 3-5-2 as this was the first game of the season I have used it and being so close to relegation I thought I'd quite fancy a victory so I used 3-5-2 and bam instant win.

I had hoped that people would follow suit when I announced I would not be using it and make an effort to not use this obviously overpowered formation however as no such effort has been made next season I will be challenging for the title with my 3-5-2 team.

Well done to Milan on your title btw! :)

Why don't you stick at playing with 4 at the back? I won a title by doing it, but then again it's gotten me relegated now too.:mad:

Why don't you stick at playing with 4 at the back? I won a title by doing it' date=' but then again it's gotten me relegated now too.:mad:[/quote']

Because no matter what 4 at the back formation you use the match engine is biased towards the 3-5-2 formation.

When SM decided upon what beats what they left 3-5-2 able to beat most 4 at the back formations most of the time and left it to 5 at the back formations to counter it.

Basically in a GW where people abuse this fact it is suicidal as I have proven this season to try and stick to realistic formations (however I would like to add I was never going to allow myself to be relegated).

Basically I think if we actually want to assess who is the best manager we need to put an end to 3-5-2 because it's such an overpowered and unrealistic formation. Anyone who says otherwise look at the previous league winners and look at tonight's result between Manchester United and Manchester City. The one time I use 3-5-2 I win against a 4 at the back formation it is no coincidence.

I don't want to win games because of a flaw in the system (though I'm not getting relegated over it) I just feel that a lot of the enjoyment is sapped away by knowing that you are going to lose unless you play 3-5-2 or the other unrealistic counter formations for it.

I've never used 352 for 3 seasons' date=' look where its got me.. :mad:[/quote']

Exactly..... we need to make this set up a bit more competitive because 3-5-2 is killing the fun for me and I'm sure others are sick of it too.

Because no matter what 4 at the back formation you use the match engine is biased towards the 3-5-2 formation.

When SM decided upon what beats what they left 3-5-2 able to beat most 4 at the back formations most of the time and left it to 5 at the back formations to counter it.

Basically in a GW where people abuse this fact it is suicidal as I have proven this season to try and stick to realistic formations (however I would like to add I was never going to allow myself to be relegated).

Basically I think if we actually want to assess who is the best manager we need to put an end to 3-5-2 because it's such an overpowered and unrealistic formation. Anyone who says otherwise look at the previous league winners and look at tonight's result between Manchester United and Manchester City. The one time I use 3-5-2 I win against a 4 at the back formation it is no coincidence.

I don't want to win games because of a flaw in the system (though I'm not getting relegated over it) I just feel that a lot of the enjoyment is sapped away by knowing that you are going to lose unless you play 3-5-2 or the other unrealistic counter formations for it.

I won the title and I haven't used 3-5-2 once in the entire 3 seasons. In the end I don't think it matters what formation you play, as long as you have decent tactics to go with it.

Congrats to Milan on U23 and League title....sorry for my lapse this season, haven't been up to standard, really looking forward to next season, with Ibra, Bale and co. leading the way for us.

I have no problem not using the 3-5-2 formation, if we are all up to it....Would just add something else interesting to this GW

lyon-escudo.jpg

We are promoted!!

Yes, exactly: Lyon will play in Division 1 nest season. The same team that finished last in Dision 2 last season willl play on the highest level on the Real World Championship.

The promotion came after an amazing 4-2 win over Bayern Munchen, that had a 2 points advantage from us and had won all 3 previous games between the two teams. The goals were scored by Gonalons (x2), that was later on voted MoM and played out of his original position, Negredo and Cassano, while Dembélé scored for the germans.

After the match, the coach Nick Big sayd about the promotion:

I have to admit that nobody believed on us for this season after what we did on the previous one. I am really very happy that we will be on Division 1 next season, I really can't believe it.

Top players of the season:

Eden Hazard

Eden-Hazard-2.jpg

The 21 years old player scored 10 goals and gave 3 assists on 16 appearances this season. Just to compare, last season he just scored 5 goals in 17 appearances. The Belgium player also had an average performance of 7.56, the 6th highest in Division 2.

Antonio Cassano

Antonio-Cassano.jpg

Antonio Cassano only played 12 games this season because of an injury that he had and only returned after 12 days. Besided this, he scored 9 goals, ending the season being the 2nd highest goal scorer from his Divison. The italian also has the 2nd highest average performance of Division 2, achieving 7.67.

Transfers In:

A lot of players joined Lyon for the last season (A total of 23 players). The most important signings were Pjanic, that arrived from Barcelona, and Sakho, that arrived from Tottenham in exchange for Carvalho and De Bruyne. Also young talents joined the french team this season, what shows the worry of the coach on preparing players for his team. The most important young players that joined us this season were: Fred, that arrived from Internacional and already got a +7, Cornelius and Óliver Torres.

Next Season:

Next season will be extremely hard for Lyon. We will be the weakest team in Division 1 and there are very though oponents, but maybe we car surpreend and continue there for some time. We have to get our team stronger and , speccialy at the midfield.

Congrats to milan and those who got promoted,and about the 352 thing id be very happy if we all agreed to not use it,personally i prefer realistic formations like 451 433(w) but in this GW its hard to play this way,this season i used many different formations but against 352 id lose most games and id end using it,like they say if you cant beat em,join em.But it would be great if no one uses the formation next season.

Steven Orleandy steered Juventus to victory against Valencia.

Juventus beat Valencia 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Di Maria had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Torres and Palacio were amongst the goalscorers.

Didn't change my tactics so a good win for us :D

Disappointed to be 4th, after having led th table earlier on in the season. Ah well, it's a start ;)

ROMA finish 2nd in there 1st appearance in the top division.

Very proud of my lads as we surpased expectations considerably, and a couple of better results could have seen us take the tittle.

Congrats to Milan

Regarding formations ive used 424 with wingers for the past two season and have found it to be quite successful, getting me promoted then 2nd.

Looking forward to another competitive season :)

3-5-2 certainly seems to have a strange dominance over the other formations at times and although I used it quite a bit this season I experimented with a lot of other formations. In the past I stuck to 3-5-2 religiously and my win rate went up but I never won anything.

4-3-3 wingers, 3-4-1-2, 4-4-2 diamond and 4-5-1 proved successful at times for me too this season. It is impossible to enforce a ban on the formation but there are ways to beat 3-5-2 and quite a lot of managers are not using it or using it sparingly so I think it is not a disaster yet. I would encourage managers to use it if they feel it is the best formation for a match because the whole point is to try to win. I do respect we want a realistic gameworld though. If anyone has any ideas of a more practical way to prevent mass 3-5-2ing then post it on here because maybe we could improve the realism.

Arsenal Finish Disappointing 8th

A 2-0 win over Napoli wrapped up Arsenals disappointing season as they finished 8th on the table.Goals from R.Giggs and Y.Kaboul was enough to win them the 3 points,but the season was far from impressive.

Sir Alex Ferguson said there will be a number of changes going into the new season with players leaving the club and new talent coming in.

Its funny to see people chatting about 3-5-2. It was so unbelievably good for me in a lot of setups for ages. Then on Thursday I lost in all my setups, conceding a lot. I usually dont lose.

The only annoying thing was I had a side on a 54 unbeaten run and 24 consecutive and it ended, losing 4-1. I had an average rating of 87 and he had 80. Lets see if it continues to be bad.