Sign in to follow this  
Pedworgan

The REAL World Championship

Re: The REAL World Championship

Glad that my Arsenal defeated City 4-1, brings me back to 4th, tied on points with Dortmund, and ahead on GD I believe.

I agree with Pro, Division 1 is WIDE OPEN. 1st-5th only a 4 point gap. Further 6 points all the way until 10th.

This is why I rejoined this GW, quality managers are in this.

Glad that my Arsenal defeated City 4-1' date=' brings me back to 4th, tied on points with Dortmund, and ahead on GD I believe.

I agree with Pro, Division 1 is WIDE OPEN. 1st-5th only a 4 point gap. Further 6 points all the way until 10th.

This is why I rejoined this GW, quality managers are in this.[/quote']

Your name changed had me fooled for a while..lol...until you said "thats why i rejoined this GW" :o

Roma lose there 1st game in 5, with a 6-4 away defeat to Inter!

Dempsey kept his goalscoring record going, he now has an impressive 8 goals and 4 assist in his 5 games played for the club

Promotion from Div2 is going to be a close run thing.

U23 Next Generation

MatchDay 6 Scenarios

2wcfifs.jpg

With the final match day in the group stages upon us, we'll now take a look at the who and who still stand a chance of progressing and who will steal top spot for the knockout round's draw.

Group 1

Juventus will face Chelsea for a place in the next round. The Group has been dominated by Benfica who have already locked up the top spot in the group. Anything but a win for the Blues will leave them feeling blue and see the old lady creeping into the next round.

Group 2

All that is left to play for in this group is the top spot. With Lyon and Man utd already sealing a place in the next round of the competition, the side from France holds destiny in their own hands when they take on Roma. Man utd will have to hope the Romans hold Lyon and get a likely victory over rock bottom and worst performers in the tournament Bayern Munich.

Group 3

Milan are all but through for this one. They still have a game to play against Valencia the team who are contesting with them for that final spot, but victory against Marseille on the final day will put them through and give them top spot over the french team. Valencia on the other hand must defeat Napoli and then defeat Milan, hoping Milan lose both matches.

Group 4

Only thing left to play for here is top Spot between madrid and man city. The side from spain is in pole position and knows a win or draw over Arsenal will see them finish top. The Citizens will be hoping they can get that top spot and are expected to put Dortmund out of their misery in the process.

Division 1

Mid season Reports

Half way through Division one and the title is still up for grabs basically to everyone outside of the relegation Zone. Only 6 points separate 1st from 7th in the table surely setting up a pulsating second half campaign ahead of us.

Valencia (C-)

Los Ches are bag in the relegation dog house but they are no strangers to this position. They were poised to go down last season but pulled of some final day heroics to stay up. Their have been cries from section of the fan base to axe boss Tony Baldo, who has been linked with the vacant Spurs post. But they may want to delay this decision until seasons end becuase Baldo has proven he knows how to get out of these situations. They boast the worst defensive record in the league but considering expectations were not that high at the start of the season, a C- looks a justifiable grade.

Juventus (E)

Well can't say it wasn't predicted, but the defending champions have looked a shadow of themselves possibly justifying their "fluke" title run. There is absolutely nothing to cheer about for the Juve faithful who have been left in a limbo wondering what has gone wrong. As usual there is no news from the camp, but one has to think their is unrest amongst the players, the fans and management. A good run in the U23 is unlikely to quel the disappointment of the likely relegation and fans are certainly searching for some answers!

Man utd (D)

Who would have thought that United would be battling for relegation? Last year's polarizing Red Devils are having a league campaign to forget. Last season they couldn't stop scoring and this they have the worst attacking record. This has been emphasized by the fact that last season's top scorer Stefan Jovetic is yet to find the net. Manager Ben Compton, the new tinker man, has admitted that his tinkering may be causing the poor results, but insists he will remain resolute with his methods. But will he spend the whole seaosn experimenting and risk relegation? The can still win silverware in the cup and the U23, but that is unlikely to ease their nerves.

Marseille ©

Division two champions Marseille where surely hoping for more in their first season in the top flight. They sit just two points above the relegation zone but amazingly just 6 points off top spot. They are a slip away from relegation and a jump away from the title. It is unknown what direction their season will take them but anything but relegation should be seen as an ok year in the top flight.

Tottenham (B+)

Managerless, outplayed in almost every match, misfiring leader in RVP and still find themselves in two title races. It has been an unbelievable campaign for the unfancied spurs. It is unlikey to get any better from here on out in the league as they are still seen by many as relegation likely but they could do the unthinkable in the cup, starting today with a semi finals against Benfica.

Dortmund ©

BVB have been average at best this year. Dumped out of the cup in the first round, dumped out of the U23, dumped out of Europe, their is not much that can save them.....except a league title. Surprisingly they are still in the race, only 4 points from the top of the table, however being such a model of inconsistency it is hard to predict where they could end up.

Arsenal (B)

The Gunner's are riding high after early season shock departure of then manager Marc Spicer. Steven Orleandy has taken over and has steadied the ship and could capture that league title just a couple weeks after being appointed manager. Truth be told they have looked Anti- Arsenal all season, scoring only 14 goals with the best defensive record in the league, however they are getting the job done and the league summit is insight.

Atletico Madrid (B+)

Atletico are on fire! The most inform team in the league at the moment, they are carrying the Spanish flag high and are making to most of their first season in division 1. Only a win away from the league summit, they continue to impress and have been even more impressive in the U23 competition against clearly stronger opponents. At the start of the season Rothnie might have seen a top flight stay as an accomplishment but will surely have his eye's set on the #1 prize right now.

Manchester City (B)

The story of the citizens continue to rare is bald head. They have once again held the league lead for a long period and have relinquished that, looking ready to fall back into the middle of the pack. Mourinho seems to be the (good manage up to a certain point man) as his team just don't seem to have to ability to hold on after fast starts. Nevertheless they are still in the thick of things, but will have to turn things around as they seem to be fading fast.

Milan (B+)

The young side from Italy have surprised a few, including their manager i think. They look a very strong outfit boasting the best attack and one of the best defensive records. It would take a brave man to bet against them keeping this up, but i am a brave man :D. Nevertheless at seasons end domestically they could hold the U23 and league title, which at the start of the year might have looked unlikely.

Manchester United Transfer News

It appears United's long standing interest in Rafael Van der Vaart has been enough to turn the head of the dutchman. While this news has come as a shock to some the biggest shock is the departure of club legend Ryan Giggs.

A day that no one thought would come has arrived. The United man recently signed a contract extension but has agreed to leave for the Emirates. He was recently quoted as saying he was happy to ply his trade at Arsenal stating he felt London offered his family the best long term prospects.

Also heading off to Arsenal will be Marc Bartra. A big part of United's youth set up Bartra will be keen to get to grips with Arsenal's youth academy and is excited about the prospect of a new club.

Division 1

Mid season Reports

Half way through Division one and the title is still up for grabs basically to everyone outside of the relegation Zone. Only 6 points separate 1st from 7th in the table surely setting up a pulsating second half campaign ahead of us.

Valencia (C-)

Los Ches are bag in the relegation dog house but they are no strangers to this position. They were poised to go down last season but pulled of some final day heroics to stay up. Their have been cries from section of the fan base to axe boss Tony Baldo' date=' who has been linked with the vacant Spurs post. But they may want to delay this decision until seasons end becuase Baldo has proven he knows how to get out of these situations. They boast the worst defensive record in the league but considering expectations were not that high at the start of the season, a C- looks a justifiable grade.

[b']Juventus (E)[/b]

Well can't say it wasn't predicted, but the defending champions have looked a shadow of themselves possibly justifying their "fluke" title run. There is absolutely nothing to cheer about for the Juve faithful who have been left in a limbo wondering what has gone wrong. As usual there is no news from the camp, but one has to think their is unrest amongst the players, the fans and management. A good run in the U23 is unlikely to quel the disappointment of the likely relegation and fans are certainly searching for some answers!

Man utd (D)

Who would have thought that United would be battling for relegation? Last year's polarizing Red Devils are having a league campaign to forget. Last season they couldn't stop scoring and this they have the worst attacking record. This has been emphasized by the fact that last season's top scorer Stefan Jovetic is yet to find the net. Manager Ben Compton, the new tinker man, has admitted that his tinkering may be causing the poor results, but insists he will remain resolute with his methods. But will he spend the whole seaosn experimenting and risk relegation? The can still win silverware in the cup and the U23, but that is unlikely to ease their nerves.

Marseille ©

Division two champions Marseille where surely hoping for more in their first season in the top flight. They sit just two points above the relegation zone but amazingly just 6 points off top spot. They are a slip away from relegation and a jump away from the title. It is unknown what direction their season will take them but anything but relegation should be seen as an ok year in the top flight.

Tottenham (B+)

Managerless, outplayed in almost every match, misfiring leader in RVP and still find themselves in two title races. It has been an unbelievable campaign for the unfancied spurs. It is unlikey to get any better from here on out in the league as they are still seen by many as relegation likely but they could do the unthinkable in the cup, starting today with a semi finals against Benfica.

Dortmund ©

BVB have been average at best this year. Dumped out of the cup in the first round, dumped out of the U23, dumped out of Europe, their is not much that can save them.....except a league title. Surprisingly they are still in the race, only 4 points from the top of the table, however being such a model of inconsistency it is hard to predict where they could end up.

Arsenal (B)

The Gunner's are riding high after early season shock departure of then manager Marc Spicer. Steven Orleandy has taken over and has steadied the ship and could capture that league title just a couple weeks after being appointed manager. Truth be told they have looked Anti- Arsenal all season, scoring only 14 goals with the best defensive record in the league, however they are getting the job done and the league summit is insight.

Atletico Madrid (B+)

Atletico are on fire! The most inform team in the league at the moment, they are carrying the Spanish flag high and are making to most of their first season in division 1. Only a win away from the league summit, they continue to impress and have been even more impressive in the U23 competition against clearly stronger opponents. At the start of the season Rothnie might have seen a top flight stay as an accomplishment but will surely have his eye's set on the #1 prize right now.

Manchester City (B)

The story of the citizens continue to rare is bald head. They have once again held the league lead for a long period and have relinquished that, looking ready to fall back into the middle of the pack. Mourinho seems to be the (good manage up to a certain point man) as his team just don't seem to have to ability to hold on after fast starts. Nevertheless they are still in the thick of things, but will have to turn things around as they seem to be fading fast.

Milan (B+)

The young side from Italy have surprised a few, including their manager i think. They look a very strong outfit boasting the best attack and one of the best defensive records. It would take a brave man to bet against them keeping this up, but i am a brave man :D. Nevertheless at seasons end domestically they could hold the U23 and league title, which at the start of the year might have looked unlikely.

Truly amazing Pro. Yet another reason why I love this custom, the dedication is downright awesome.

Repped you for it, I really love your articles, always something fresh about them. Keep it up Pro, you inspire us all. :D

Manchester United Transfer News

It appears United's long standing interest in Rafael Van der Vaart has been enough to turn the head of the dutchman. While this news has come as a shock to some the biggest shock is the departure of club legend Ryan Giggs.

A day that no one thought would come has arrived. The United man recently signed a contract extension but has agreed to leave for the Emirates. He was recently quoted as saying he was happy to ply his trade at Arsenal stating he felt London offered his family the best long term prospects.

Also heading off to Arsenal will be Marc Bartra. A big part of United's youth set up Bartra will be keen to get to grips with Arsenal's youth academy and is excited about the prospect of a new club.

Nice to see you making a post :)

I won't comment on this deal I promise ;) You probably know what I am thinking :rolleyes::P

I won't comment on this deal I promise ;) You probably know what I am thinking :rolleyes::P

Hey!! I don't like VDV and I really need Bartra ATM. Who needs VDV when I have Iniesta and Ribery? :P

I would have been posting more had my other half not been seriously ill for a while now. Not had much time to spare tbh but all is sorted now and she's ok so will hopefully be able to spend a bit more time here :)

Respuesta: The REAL World Championship

Benfica is devoted Cup finalists after winning by 4 to 2 penalty kicks to Tottenham in a match that had ended in a draw (3 to 3). Thus we face the hard Manchester United in the final. There is much joy in Benfica and is taken to this end as a goal achieved, compared with the previous season the team has turned around and improved in every respect.

The man of the match (2 goals):

34dopz5.png

Pro awesome report I congrat you about that.

As I have mentioned before City was dealing with a lot of injuries those last games, I had Silva, Toure, Aguerro and Kompany injured those last weeks so that is why you could see that lack of winning in last games.

Now with the signing of Carles Puyol from PSG and having in the team all my players back from injury I can guarantee that I will be stronger in the race for title maybe to get an A at the end of tournament.

U23 Next Generation

Matchday 6

Roundup

Group 1

Chelsea has joined Benfica in the knockout stages due to Juve fielding ineligible players. The blues now finish second in the group behind the team from Portugal.

Group 2

Man utd looked to have stolen the top spot in the group from Lyon after a 4-2 victory over Bayern, however after Roma fielded ineligible players, Olympique Lyon picks up the three points and a spot in the next round.

Group 3

Marseille have qualified top of the group after AC Milan fielded ineligible players. Whilst Valencia have kept their hopes alive following a 1-0 victory over Napoli, meaning they must now defeat Milan in the reorganized friendly match.

Group 4

Manchester City over took Madrid to qualify top of group 4 after a 5-3 victory over lowly Dortmund. Madrid's spot in the knockout rounds was already booked, however they went down 1-0 to the outgoing Arsenal team.

Player of the Round

Leandro Damaio (Man city) 2 goals, 1 assist vs Dortmund

119934694_crop_450x500.jpg?1311787674

U23 Next Generation

Tables

Matchday 6

Group 1

Team-----------Played-----GF-----GA------GD-----Points

1. Benfica--------4----------11-------4------+7------9

2. Chelsea--------4----------11-------9------+2------6

3. Juventus------4----------4-------13------ -9------3

Group 2

1. Lyon----------6---------11--------4------+7-------13

2. Man utd-------6---------9--------6------+3--------12

3. Roma----------5---------4--------12----- -8--------3

4. Bayern---------5--------5---------13----- -8--------1

Group 3

1. Marseille-------6----------14------4--------+10-----15

2. Milan----------5----------10------9--------+1-------9

3. Valencia-------5---------6--------9------- -3--------6

4. Napoli---------6----------3-------12------- -9-------3

Group 4

1. Man city--------6--------17-------12------ +5------12

2. A. Madrid-------6--------12-------8-------+4- -----11

3. Arsenal---------6--------16-------16------ 0--------8

4. Dortmund-------6--------12-------20------- -8------2

Teams in PINK have qualified for the knockout rounds

U23 Next Generation

Quarter Finals

Fixtures

Wednesday July 11, 2012

Benfica vs Atletico Madrid

Marseille vs Man utd

Lyon vs Milan/Valencia

Man city vs Chelsea

NB.....Group Winners have been given home advantage.

For the Semi-finals and finals, the team with the best winning percentage from the group stage will be given home advantage.

Technically my game should be 3-0 to United as the only U23 players in Bayern's team were Ozil and Muller.......

Still to beat the strongest possible Bayern side with my youngsters shows how good the future is for United.

We're in with a shot of winning 2 cups this season.

Also I am delighted to announce the arrivals of Rafael Van Der Vaart and Bojan.

Both players will add quality to the senior and youth squads respectively and I'm very excited to get them settled in and playing regularly.