Rank these Keepers regardless of rating

Re: Rank these Keepers regardless of rating

Like for me:

1.Casillas (Real)

2.Hart (Man City)

3.Buffon (Juventus)

4.Neuer (Bayern)

5.Cech (Chelsea), Reina (Liverpool)

6.Diego Alves (Valencia), Valdes (Barcelona), Handanovic (Napoli), Julio Cesar (Inter), Mandanda (Marseille), Lloris (Lyon)

7.Helton (Porto), Abbiati (Milan), De Sanctis (Napoli), Weidenfeller (Dortmund)

and don't forget about Akinfeev

Under 21

1.Szczesny (Arsenal)

2.Courtois (Atletico)

3.Ahamada (Toulouse)

4.Leno (Bayer), Ter Stegen (Borussia Mch.)

3. Victor Valdes

2. Manuel Neuer

1. Iker Casilles

8. Joe Hart

5. Hugo Lloris

6. Julio Cesar

4. Gianluigi Buffon

7. Peter Cech

In my opinion these are the worlds best keepers but where would you rank them in order of 1-8? opinions needed

Players numbered. Might be controversial having Hart at 8 but he isn't in the elite class for my liking.

What is the point of having a discussion thread when everyone just agrees - how boring would that be?

I personally wouldnt put Neuer second, but that is my opinion, and everyone else is welcome to theirs, it doesnt make them wrong or right.

Valdes is the most underrated goalkeeper in the world, just because he doesn't have to do much at Barca it doesn't make him not as good, its not his fault he plays in a far superior team at Barca. We see more of Casillas because he has to do more - If we go on that then VORM is the best goalkeeper in the world, but that wouldn't be right would it?

Casillas is rightly no1 in the Spanish NT, he has earned that spot since the year 2000, infact I would probably put them joint 1st as both Barcelona and Madrid are far superior to anyone else in the world.

As for the Mudito and Abidicus comments... I actually have nothing to say to you, but I will when I actually value your opinions.

For anyone else thinking of giving their opinion on this thread, I'd be careful as you might disagree with other people's opinions, and we don't want to upset anyone like Mudito or Abidicus again would we.

Rant over, TFI Friday

What is the point of having a discussion thread when everyone just agrees - how boring would that be?

As for the Mudito and Abidicus comments... I actually have nothing to say to you' date=' but I will when I actually value your opinions.

For anyone else thinking of giving their opinion on this thread, I'd be careful as you might disagree with other people's opinions, and we don't want to upset anyone like Mudito or Abidicus again would we.

[/quote']

hahaha matey , i have no prb with anyone's opinion

anyone has the right to state his opinion, and anyone has the right to reply as he want

u said it mate

'''''' What is the point of having a discussion thread when everyone just agrees - how boring would that be? '''

i state my opinion

u don't agree

u state urs

i don't agree

we state our comments towards these opinions

and everything is fine

i dunno why are u making a big prb out of it :D

hahaha matey ' date=' i have no prb with anyone's opinion

anyone has the right to state his opinion, and anyone has the right to reply as he want

u said it mate

'''''' What is the point of having a discussion thread when everyone just agrees - how boring would that be? '''

i state my opinion

u don't agree

u state urs

i don't agree

we state our comments towards these opinions

and everything is fine

i dunno why are u making a big prb out of it :D[/quote']

I never said I didnt agree with your opinion, I think they are both at the top, but with what Barcelona are doing at the mo (excluding La Liga), Valdes just edges it for me.

Its not your opinion that annoys me, its the words you type in reaction to my opinion, why not make it a conversation and not an insult or put down?

I have no problem with anyone on these forums, but I am sick of people and the way they react to other peoples opinions. An opinion is a personal view, treat it as such, and if you would like to put your opinion against mine, do it in a respectful way.

Have a nice day :)

What are people thoughts on Lloris and the next Brazil GK?

Will Lloris ever be the best if he stays at Lyon? Where would he move? Could Mandanda over take him?

Who do you think the next Brazil GK will be? I like Alves at Valencia after what he did against us (Chelsea) in the Champs league? Who is there after him, Rafael of Santos?

I never said I didnt agree with your opinion' date=' I think they are both at the top, but with what Barcelona are doing at the mo (excluding La Liga), Valdes just edges it for me.

Its not your opinion that annoys me, its the words you type in reaction to my opinion, why not make it a conversation and not an insult or put down?

I have no problem with anyone on these forums, but I am sick of people and the way they react to other peoples opinions. An opinion is a personal view, treat it as such, and if you would like to put your opinion against mine, do it in a respectful way.

Have a nice day :)[/quote']

i see what u mean ,maybe sometimes i use wrong words to comment on another people's opinions but it's an uncontrollable reaction especially if a post gets on my nerves

i think u have a right point

thank you for showing it to me

oneday i said the same words u are saying to another forumer who's really arrogant

thank u another time

sorry if u felt offended

my favourite quote :

there's no prb in admitting ur mistakes , the prb lies if u know u r wrong and u just won't admit it'' (mudito) :D

have a nice day too matey ;)

cheers fella ;)

i see what u mean ' date='maybe sometimes i use wrong words to comment on another people's opinions but it's an uncontrollable reaction especially if a post gets on my nerves

i think u have a right point

thank you for showing it to me

oneday i said the same words u are saying to another forumer who's really arrogant

thank u another time

sorry if u felt offended

my favourite quote :

there's no prb in admitting ur mistakes , the prb lies if u know u r wrong and u just won't admit it'' (mudito) :D

have a nice day too matey ;)

cheers fella ;)[/quote']

I appreciate that, and I am sorry if I reacted too strongly.

I understand what you mean if a post gets on your nerves!

I have repped as I think what you did earned respect.

I appreciate that' date=' and I am sorry if I reacted too strongly.

I understand what you mean if a post gets on your nerves!

I have repped as I think what you did earned respect.[/quote']

no worries matey we are humans and we all make mistakes , but as i said we should admit them and try to improve ourselves cause no one is perfect

thank you for the rep :o but u really hadn't to

As of current form for club and international level..

Iker Casilles

Joe Hart

Manuel Neuer

Victor Valdes

Gianluigi Buffon

Peter Cech

Hugo Lloris

Julio Cesar

lol' date=' Cech above Lloris ?[/quote']

I'd probably put them about level.

Lyon were knocked out of the Champions League by a much weaker team, and they are 7th in Ligue 1, Lloris only has his international creditials going for him at the mo.

As for check, well I'm a Chelsea fan, and since his head injury he has looked a shadow of his former self (we still love him though!)

Chelsea are currently 5th in a much stronger league with the Napoli game tonight.

With all this is mind, if you look at it, maybe Cech is slightly ahead of Lloris?..

:)

I'd probably put them about level.

Lyon were knocked out of the Champions League by a much weaker team' date=' and they are 7th in Ligue 1, Lloris only has his international creditials going for him at the mo.

As for check, well I'm a Chelsea fan, and since his head injury he has looked a shadow of his former self (we still love him though!)

Chelsea are currently 5th in a much stronger league with the Napoli game tonight.

With all this is mind, if you look at it, maybe Cech is slightly ahead of Lloris?..

:)[/quote']

maybe you are right. neither club has done anything this season to be honest :D

Hoping for a little help with this. Might be off with my analysis.

Curious why more people don't expect a drop from Pepe Reina (93) and Petr Cech (93). For the life of me I can't figure out why they maintain their ratings. Their best days seem long gone and SM ratings drops seem long overdue.

These guys still do some things very well, but just from watching them over the years there seem to be very noticeable changes in their games. For instance Reina can no longer get down to save a penalty or get off the goal line to defend a cross into the box to save his life. And Cech is fading and gets more passive every year since his head injury.

IMHO Lloris, Mandanda and Howard are all better than Reina and Cech in real life and they have SM ratings of 92, 91 and 90 respectively.

Would like to hear rationale for SM keeping Reina's and Cech's ratings as I am sure I am missing something with my analysis of them as I don't watch them every single match.

Also, if you were to rate them in real life, where do you think they are today? 93? 92? 91? 90?

Thanks very much in advance.

And as far as the keeper list goes, IMO today the "top" keepers are split into camps (from best camp to worst camp).

1. The best all around GK: Casillas
  2. The really good GK who is just a notch below: LLoris
  3. A big notch down from the level above, but a big notch up from the level below: Valdes, Neuer, Hart, Mandanda, & Howard
  4. Not quite there yet (on his way slowly up): Handanovic
  5. Not quite there yet (on his way slowly down): Wiese
  6. The massively over-rated old guys who are fading fast and are living off of past glories: Reina, Cech, Adler, Cesar, & Buffon
  7. The young guys who will be in that 3rd level within 2 seasons: De Gea & Ruffier
  8. The under-rated old guys: Friedel, Abbiati & Desanctis
  9. The guy who never really got a fair shake and is now fading: Frey
  10. The young guys who have peaked: Akinfeev, Muslera, & Ochoa

Anyway, thanks again in advance for thoughts on my previous post.