Will Messi ever leave Barcelona?

decdugg

Will Messi ever leave Barcelona?  

1. 1.

• No! He'll never leave Barcelona
    • Yes, Overseas as he has acheived everything he can at Barca
    • Yes, but he'll stay in Spain, Real Madrid anyone?

Re: Will Messi ever leave Barcelona?

Erm' date=' no...I proved nothing. My opinion is that in all honesty he would rip apart the Premiership week after week. The difference between the PL and La Liga though is that eventually over here a Paul Scholes or Gareth Barry or Elokobi would kick him up into the air or go into him with the studs up. It wouldn't be a good move for him to come here because he would be risking his body more with the rough tackling certain Premiership players display.

Messi is the greatest this game has seen in the modern era. His movement both on and off the ball is second to none, his ability to find the back of the net is second to none, his trickery and vision is second to none, his finesse and control is second to none. He is the best. Manchester United fans always seem to have an after-crush on Ronaldo just because he played for you. I hate the guy as a player but will admit he's class, not the best though.

I was watching the CL highlight show last night and the pundits got it exactly right. They said along the lines of Ronaldo is one of the unluckiest guys around, he's the player that he is but was born to play in the Messi era, and no man in football is as good as Lionel Messi.

Messi not being a good fit for the PL is not because he isn't the best, it's because someone at some point would take exception to being skinned every 10 seconds and would try to take him out of the match. I don't want to see that.[/quote']

Fantastically put!

As for Silva being burnt out. Hahahaha. He's only been one of the best players this season.

Found this funny :)

I saw Cristiano Ronaldo in town today.

I said, "Can you sign my shirt?"

He said, "Have you got a pen?"

I said, "No. Hang on."

With that I threw myself on the floor, rolled over theatrically and began to cry.

He said, "How's that going to get a pen?"

I said, "Well that's how you do it."

I never said that about Silva or mata... but what has happened to Silva... burnt out

That person said the reason why messi cant do the prem' date=',, tackle from the likes of De Jong, Scholes, Barton etc all the physicalness etc[/quote']

Silva's burnt out due to too many games. At his best he just strolls around the heavy challenges. Messi, I'd imagine, would do similar.

He said that he wouldn't want Messi in the Prem because he might get a serious injury from an aggressive defender losing it and making a reckless, dangerous tackle which happens less in Spain.

Messi isnt the best

hit the wood work .... bravo that wins u games as a striker

with players like aguero' date=' tevez, di maria, pastore, higuain etc and still does poor when Portugal has hardly no big talents except ronaldo and Nani and gets the group of deaths

Ronaldo can change teams but Messi need the world best passer and that why he wont move[/quote']

You missed my point.

People claimed he had a shocking world cup, when in reality he made 4 assists and was very very unlucky not to grab a few goals.

Your a bigot. You dont make your points well, you cant debate properly.

Your on my ignore list.

Silva's burnt out due to too many games. At his best he just strolls around the heavy challenges. Messi' date=' I'd imagine, would do similar.

He said that he wouldn't want Messi in the Prem because he might get a serious injury from an aggressive defender losing it and making a reckless, dangerous tackle which happens less in Spain.[/quote']

Messi might get a boo boo and might take him a while to get back

evenknow Ronaldo broke his ankle and he came back and never looked back, and normally it takes time coming back and adapting but not ronaldo

your just saying Messi cant do the Premiership when Ronaldo done it and brought the t-shirt- That's sums it up for me... thank you

Wrong again (seriously' date=' just wow). What was one of the very very first lines I put in that post...oh yes.

My opinion is that in all honesty he would rip apart the Premiership week after week.

Where exactly there does it say he can't do the PL? I think what that says is he would rip it apart. Well, he'd rip it apart until Vidic or Scholes or Barton got annoyed with him scoring 3 every game and decided to try and snap his leg in half. That's why he shouldn't come to England. Not because he isn't good enough because quite clearly he is. It's because certain players in the PL would try to make a name for themselves and end him.

Who cares that Ronaldo had an injury and came back from it? One bad tackle with the studs into his leg and his career may be over (see David Busst. Career ended thanks to Manchester United). Those tackles are more likely in the PL compared to La Liga. I could reel off a massive list of career threatening injuries suffered in Premiership games. La Liga though? Not so much.

Messi would destroy the Premier League but there is no reason for him to come here because the chances of him being singled out for rough treatment and dirty tackles is higher than in La Liga. Nobody wants their career ending early. I'm not for one second saying he wouldn't handle the physicality of the PL, I'm saying that someone, somewhere in the top flight of English football wouldn't handle Messi running round them all game and would do something stupid. Messi has no need to risk coming here.

Wrong again (seriously' date=' just wow). What was one of the very very first lines I put in that post...oh yes.

Where exactly there does it say he can't do the PL? I think what that says is he would rip it apart. Well, he'd rip it apart until Vidic or Scholes or Barton got annoyed with him scoring 3 every game and decided to try and snap his leg in half. That's why he shouldn't come to England. Not because he isn't good enough because quite clearly he is. It's because certain players in the PL would try to make a name for themselves and end him.

Who cares that Ronaldo had an injury and came back from it? One bad tackle with the studs into his leg and his career may be over (see David Busst. Career ended thanks to Manchester United). Those tackles are more likely in the PL compared to La Liga. I could reel off a massive list of career threatening injuries suffered in Premiership games. La Liga though? Not so much.

Messi would destroy the Premier League but there is no reason for him to come here because the chances of him being singled out for rough treatment and dirty tackles is higher than in La Liga. Nobody wants their career ending early. I'm not for one second saying he wouldn't handle the physicality of the PL, I'm saying that someone, somewhere in the top flight of English football wouldn't handle Messi running round them all game and would do something stupid. Messi has no need to risk coming here.[/quote']

Players in the Premiership was targetting Ronaldo and nothing happened until his broken ankle

He can't do the prem, he needs to hold xavi etc hands, A tackle here a boo boo there, its a part of football

I might as well create another post and do my own comments

Players in the Premiership was targetting Ronaldo and nothing happened until his broken ankle

He can't do the prem' date=' he needs to hold xavi etc hands, A tackle here a boo boo there, its a part of football

I might as well create another post and do my own comments[/quote']

Ronaldo didn't have the reputation that Messi has back when he was in the Premiership. Sure we knew he was good but not best in the World. Messi holds that tag and it comes at a price (players will try to get at him).

How many players in the last couple of years have threatened to leave the PL thanks to lack of protection from officials and constant bad tackles? Balotelli was the most recent. There is a reason for it you know.

Anyway, I'll say this right here and right now, there is zero point me trying to reply to you in future because 1) I remember from past experience you fail to understand stats and facts and 2) You are clearly so in love with the player that is Ronaldo there is no reasonable conversation to be had on this subject.

I remember all the stats I threw at you before with regards to Messi's conversion rate, number of goals, goals per game, assists per game, total contribution, age difference, league stats etc and you only ever came back with opinions, exactly like you are doing again now. The stats don't lie, Messi is the better player and also at a younger age with even more time to develop and improve.

Ronaldo didn't have the reputation that Messi has back when he was in the Premiership. Sure we knew he was good but not best in the World. Messi holds that tag and it comes at a price (players will try to get at him).

How many players in the last couple of years have threatened to leave the PL thanks to lack of protection from officials and constant bad tackles? Balotelli was the most recent. There is a reason for it you know.

Anyway' date=' I'll say this right here and right now, there is zero point me trying to reply to you in future because 1) I remember from past experience you fail to understand stats and facts and 2) You are clearly so in love with the player that is Ronaldo there is no reasonable conversation to be had on this subject.

I remember all the stats I threw at you before with regards to Messi's conversion rate, number of goals, goals per game, assists per game, total contribution, age difference, league stats etc and you only ever came back with opinions, exactly like you are doing again now. The stats don't lie, Messi is the better player and also at a younger age with even more time to develop and improve.[/quote']

lol when he moves and stop holding Xavi etc handy pandy's and does it somewhere else then I might stop

at Least Ronaldo showed it scoring 42 goals in 1 season and now 135 goals in 134 games

There is no team that could afford Messi anywhere in his prime, which will be the next 8 or so years. And he won't do what Figo did.

I have heard him put forward as the greatest player ever. Most people who have been long watching football mention how much tougher football was when Maradona was playing. He would get battered. But he could do it in what was the best league of the day, with some of the toughest defenders. He also did the job at international level. He did okay in Spain I feel, but made the move to the best league in the world. And I heard tales of the hackings he received.

I would like to see Messi try and prove he is the greatest ever by moving out of his comfort zone some time later in his career, when he is still at the top of his game. He will have broken every record at Barcelona, and still be at a young age. Most of the best players have excelled in more than 1 league, Di Stefano did it in three, as did Zidane, Ronaldo in 3. And Cruyff and Platini did it in 2 leagues. And all were very successful at international level. (Saying that, some of the best players ever played at only 1 main club/country for their career, Muller and Beckenbauer. But they were highly successful at international level) I hope Messi wants to put his name forward as the greatest ever by moving to another league and being brilliant for a few years, and maybe help Argentina to glory at international level.

I can not help but laugh when I read comments that say Messi is not the best player in the world....

If only there was an award for such a thing?????? Say a yearly award or something????

Then we would know who is the best player in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

You missed my point.

People claimed he had a shocking world cup' date=' when in reality he made 4 assists and was very very unlucky not to grab a few goals.

Your a bigot. You dont make your points well, you cant debate properly.

Your on my ignore list.[/quote']

Messi is a good passer but can he take free kicks like ronaldo does he defend does he strentgh like ronaldo well answer that for urself

Messi is a good passer but can he take free kicks like ronaldo does he defend does he strentgh like ronaldo well answer that for urself

Why does being able to take a freekick define if a player is better than someone else?

Juninho Peracumba (spelling...ex lyon one) took a ridiculous free kick. Doesnt mean he is the worlds best player :confused:

Does Ronaldo defend ? hahaha I cant believe some of the people that come on here. Its as if they dont watch football and just fancy ronaldo. Can i ask how old you are ?

Ronaldo is a the perfect athlete, never said Messi was stronger. :confused:

Messi is better at loads more technical aspects of football in comparison to Ronaldo.

I prefer Ronaldo as a player, but to claim Ronaldo is better because he is stronger (lol) , defends (LMAO) and can take a better free kick (lol) is absurd.

He has a pretty terrible conversion rate but the ones he scores look terrific.

Did you watch the Bayern game? He must have wasted about 4 free kicks straight into Neuer's arms or well over the bar.

Yeah I did and im aware of his conversion rate, but are you really telling me he is awful ? Thats the point i was picking up on. :)

Yeah I did and im aware of his conversion rate' date=' but are you really telling me he is awful ? Thats the point i was picking up on. :)[/quote']

He's not awful but I certainly wouldn't use it as an argument that Ronaldo is superior to Messi. Messi takes relatively few direct free kicks and as such obviously scores far fewer but I don't think his conversion rate is any worse than Ronaldo's (probably better!).