EPL - End of Season Predictions 11/12.

BigSexyKyle

Re: EPL - End of Season Predictions 11/12.

No' date=' he is better than the awful Djourou, but then many players in Championship and League 1 are too. Koscielny had a poor start to the season, together with his club. Recently Arsenal and he have fared much better, but they haven t won anything and the season is not over. To make 91, he needs to continue his good form until November.

For now Djourou should be 88 or 87, Koscielny should go up to 90.[/quote']

Koscielny will rise to 90 in these changes, 91 could be a very very small chance at the end of the season. however if he got minutes for France in the Euro's then his chances would increase.

I don't think he'll rise this time, but certainly next time. Everyone seems to think he'll rise now though.

i wouldnt be surprised if he rised, but i dont think he will get it tbh. more likely to rise after Euro's or next season.

I agree with the previous comment on Wigan, if they had a good striker (which they can't get because they have NO funds) they would easily be mid-table. Yes they've been in a relegation fight for the last few years, but could you really see it any differently with the team they have?? they're performing well against comparative big-named sides, if they stay up again Martinez deserves a medal

even with a quality striker they wouldnt be that much better... they are in the situation they are in because they cant defend at all. they deserve to go down EXCEPT for their late run of decent results.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moussa Dembele will be in for a position change.

not to sure to what though, he has been playing in middle of midfield recently, id go for AM/Fwd or AM/CM.

slight chance of MID because of playing in numerous positions including out wide. very difficult to predict this one!

No' date=' he is better than the awful Djourou, but then many players in Championship and League 1 are too.[b'] Koscielny had a poor start to the season[/b], together with his club. Recently Arsenal and he have fared much better, but they haven t won anything and the season is not over. To make 91, he needs to continue his good form until November.

For now Djourou should be 88 or 87, Koscielny should go up to 90.

No he didn't. Let's go back to the 8-2 game shall we? The defence he had alongside him: Carl Jenkinson (never played a Premier League game, 18 years old) Djourou and Armand Traore (Sold hours after the game). In front of the defence, Francis Coquelin. Put any top cb in that situation and they're going to struggle. Koscielny couldn't do anymore about our start then he did. He's been outstanding since the Carling Cup final against Birmingham. When you look at some of his isolated performances, i.e Barcelona and Milan at home, you realise, or should, how good he is. 91 should be minimum as he's already surpassed Vermaelen as our best defender and by some way.

No he didn't. Let's go back to the 8-2 game shall we? The defence he had alongside him: Carl Jenkinson (never played a Premier League game' date=' 18 years old) Djourou and Armand Traore (Sold hours after the game). In front of the defence, Francis Coquelin. Put any top cb in that situation and they're going to struggle. Koscielny couldn't do anymore about our start then he did. He's been outstanding since the Carling Cup final against Birmingham. When you look at some of his isolated performances, i.e Barcelona and Milan at home, you realise, or should, how good he is. 91 should be minimum as he's already surpassed Vermaelen as our best defender and by some way.[/quote']

It seems your the only one that talks sense round here, can't remember who it was but apparently Kos is a liability haha.

No he didn't. Let's go back to the 8-2 game shall we? The defence he had alongside him: Carl Jenkinson (never played a Premier League game' date=' 18 years old) Djourou and Armand Traore (Sold hours after the game). In front of the defence, Francis Coquelin. Put any top cb in that situation and they're going to struggle. Koscielny couldn't do anymore about our start then he did. He's been outstanding since the Carling Cup final against Birmingham. When you look at some of his isolated performances, i.e Barcelona and Milan at home, you realise, or should, how good he is. 91 should be minimum as he's already surpassed Vermaelen as our best defender and by some way.[/quote']

Absolute ball locks. Outstanding ain't the word. Vermaelen has been consistently better, ie high standard for a longer period of time. You're focussing on a Couple of games, well what about the Blackburn game, he was pants. He is 90 in a weeks time. He will stay 90 until November , when he turns to 91 if he continues to play well. Why you frightened to admit your error?

Absolute ball locks. Outstanding ain't the word. Vermaelen has been consistently better' date=' ie high standard for a longer period of time. You're focussing on a Couple of games, well what about the Blackburn game, he was pants. He is 90 in a weeks time. He will stay 90 until November , when he turns to 91 if he continues to play well. Why you frightened to admit your error?[/quote']

It isn't april fools anymore m8 so u can cut the act.

Absolute ball locks.

I stopped reading at that to be honest.

I've not been focusing on a couple of games, melon brain. I've focused on his performances over the last year. Over the last year, i'd reckon Koscielny has made three serious mistakes. Vermaelen, closer to a dozen. Koscielny bails Vermaelen out EVERY SINGLE GAME yet verms gets the credit due to his eye catching sliding tackles. I watch every Arsenal game, whether via a tv, stream or live and i can tell you now, Koscielny is not only better then Vermaelen, he is on a different planet to him.

I stopped reading at that to be honest.

I've not been focusing on a couple of games' date=' melon brain. I've focused on his performances over the last year. Over the last year, i'd reckon Koscielny has made three serious mistakes. Vermaelen, closer to a dozen. Koscielny bails Vermaelen out EVERY SINGLE GAME yet verms gets the credit due to his eye catching sliding tackles. I watch every Arsenal game, whether via a tv, stream or live and i can tell you now, Koscielny is not only better then Vermaelen, he is on a different planet to him.[/quote']

You're not reading what I've been saying, at all. You need to go back over my posts and summarise for yourself what I have been saying. I haven't compared the two players. all I have done is chart the prospects of Koscielny's ratings in the near future, contrasting with your unrealistic prediction that he should be a 91 in the next changes. I haven't said one player is better than the other, and YES you did focus on a couple of games : check over your own posts, you gave us some words on the Barca game and the Man U game.

I will repeat, coz you can't seem to get my point: in THESE CHANGES, Koscielny will NOT get 91, but he WILL GET 90. IF HE CONTINUES HIS FORM INTO THE NEW SEASON, then he will get 91, as long as Arsenal are in the top 4 . If you don't get. My point, then you need to take an entry level English qualification. It's simple, and I'm very cheesed off with having to repeat it.

Absolute ball locks. Outstanding ain't the word. Vermaelen has been consistently better' date=' ie high standard for a longer period of time[/b']. You're focussing on a Couple of games, well what about the Blackburn game, he was pants. He is 90 in a weeks time. He will stay 90 until November , when he turns to 91 if he continues to play well. Why you frightened to admit your error?
I haven't said one player is better than the other' date=' and YES you did focus on a couple of games : [/quote']

Contradicting yourself now.

What do you want me to do? Talk about every single game Koscielny's ever played in?

Contradicting yourself now.

What do you want me to do? Talk about every single game Koscielny's ever played in?

My mistake. I don't believe Vermaelen is a better defender. I do believe thay have the potential to form a partnership along Bould/ Keown lines. However, they need to develop greater leadership qualities. Anyway, all of that is by the by : my original point remains the same.

Koscielny was 1billion times better than verm at QPR, verm coast us the frist goal, and 50% (and teh pitch 50%) of the second goal. He aslo made alot of mistakes. I think they are on par but for different reasons. verm is alot more éyeicathing' was it infernito? he is alot more agreesive with his tackling and likes to attack more. Kos doesnt have that attack brain and is possibly not as good a distributor, but he does CB traditionally PERFECTLY. He gets the job done 1 on 1 no fuss, no flair. he doesnt take silly risks, always has nearly spot-on psotitoning and is deceptively fast. I'd rather 2 Kos' at CB and a verminator at DM!

Anyone elese think Gerrards 93 is in jeopardy considering Liverpool are sandwiched in between Sunderland and Everton at 8th in the table. Neither of those clubs have a player rated over 90 yet Liverpool have 8 90+.

2 93 ratings seems overkill for a club languishing mid table. 16 points off 4th and champions league footy, 14 points off 18th and relegation.

Anyone elese think Gerrards 93 is in jeopardy considering Liverpool are sandwiched in between Sunderland and Everton at 8th in the table. Neither of those clubs have a player rated over 90 yet Liverpool have 8 90+.

2 93 ratings seems overkill for a club languishing mid table. 16 points off 4th and champions league footy' date=' 14 points off 18th and relegation.[/b']

you pretty much answered the question there yourself mate ;)

oh the question was if anyone else thinks that lol. the answer is yes :D

2 93 ratings seems overkill for a club languishing mid table. 16 points off 4th and champions league footy' date=' 14 points off 18th and relegation.[/quote']

I think he'll drop and that is based on Liverpool's position only and nothing else as he has actually done quite well in the last few months. I said before he wouldnt drop but that was when I expected Liverpool to do better after they won the cup but clearly they havent.

Is David Vaughan of Sunderland expected to stay?

Yep he will stay. Sunderland are playing awesome right now and plus Vaughan was injured for just over a month recently so thats why he hasnt played as much. He will be let off for that.

I know this is on the wrong thread.but there is no Championship thread.

Does anyone know if Alex Mccarthy is worth keeping in a competative Gw

I already have Vorm and I'm just wondering if Mccarthy will rise loads as i could 1.6million for him :)

Archived