In game instruction conditions

I found out recently that the conditions for activation of in-game instructions didn't behave as I expected. Fixing it should be relatively easy code, and will add much more flexibility to when in-game instructions are activated.

The problem (GD = Goal Difference):

Winning by 3 or more goals activates when

GD > or = 3

Winning by 1 goal activates when

GD = 1

Winning by 2 goal activates when

GD = 2

But what if you want an instruction to activate when you are up by 1 or more goals? Currently, you actually have to create ALL of the three instructions above! If you don't, all winning conditions are not covered.

For instance, if you have the following condition:

Winning by 1 goal at 45 minutes

and the score is 3-1 (GD = 2)

the instruction will NOT activate

Same applies for Losing conditions.

There are several ways to implement better selection of conditions:

1. Simply add more states to the dropdown list, to cover reasonable conditions:

any score

1 goal

1 or more goals

1 or 2 goals

2 goals

2 or more goals

3 or more goals

While not infinitely flexible, this would probably cover all states the majority of managers would want.

2. Split the quantity and relationship into two separate dropdowns:

1/2/3 goals

exactly/or more

While more complex logic would cover even more conditions not currently available (i.e. drawing or losing by exactly 1 goal), both of these options cover most common states with very little coding.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: In game instruction conditions

There's an option for "Winning - Any Score" on the tactics page' date=' wouldn't that do it? I never use If Winning tactics myself but I'll try it in one of my matches today and see if it works, and let you know :)[/quote']

You're right, that activates under any winning condition. I gave a bad example. The case that is problematic is 2 or more (winning or losing). There is no way to choose 2 or more without setting 2 instructions. If you choose winning by 2, it only activates when winning by exactly 2 goals. If you happen to be winning by 3,4, or 5 goals, winning by 2 won't activate.

You're right' date=' that activates under any winning condition. I gave a bad example. The case that is problematic is [b']2 or more[/b] (winning or losing). There is no way to choose 2 or more without setting 2 instructions. If you choose winning by 2, it only activates when winning by exactly 2 goals. If you happen to be winning by 3,4, or 5 goals, winning by 2 won't activate.

Why would you want to alter your tactics if you are winning by 2 goals? It's obvious to me your tactics are working great if you are 2 goals up! It's a case of if it's not broken don't fix it !

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you want to alter your tactics if you are winning by 2 goals? It's obvious to me your tactics are working great if you are 2 goals up! It's a case of if it's not broken don't fix it !

Say you have been playing an aggressive fast game- perhaps you then want to play very defensive slow possession ball the last 15 minutes to save your players condition and not risk as many cards.

Say you have been playing an aggressive fast game- perhaps you then want to play very defensive slow possession ball the last 15 minutes to save your players condition and not risk as many cards.

That may not be such a good idea..subbbing in players no probs-changing your tactics not so.

You're right' date=' that activates under any winning condition. I gave a bad example. The case that is problematic is [b']2 or more[/b] (winning or losing). There is no way to choose 2 or more without setting 2 instructions. If you choose winning by 2, it only activates when winning by exactly 2 goals. If you happen to be winning by 3,4, or 5 goals, winning by 2 won't activate.

if you are winning by 3,4 or 5 goals then the "winning by three or more goals" will activate your changes, or as said above the "Winning- any score" will do the trick.

you seems to be looking for a flaw here imo.

there is an option for every change with regards to goals up or down.....you may need to set more then one tactic, but hey ho, thats football.