Black Bald Female Singer from 90s

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin, but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones or Skin(deborah Dyer)!

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin, but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones, tracy chapman, erika badu, or skin (deborah dyer)!

Anyone knows song or hers name?

Re: Black Bald Female Singer from 90s

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin' date=' but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones or Skin(deborah Dyer)!

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin, but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones, tracy chapman, erika badu, or skin (deborah dyer)!

Anyone knows song or hers name?[/quote']

What coincidence...or is it.....I found the exact same question here. :D

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091016141135AA7d0Ws

There is Grace Jones possibly?

The only other two I can think of are Ultra Nate and Sonique but they both had really really short hair and not bald.

Same with Yazz.

u didnt read whole question:rolleyes:,no it isnt Grace Jones,isnt Sonique i ll try with Ultra Nate........its isnt Ultra Nate either :(

• 3 months later...

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin' date=' but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones or Skin(deborah Dyer)!

Anyone knows song or hers name?[/quote']

The lassie from Morcheeba was bald (or had very short hair) for a couple of videos IIRC. She had quite a powerful voice.

• 6 months later...

Only by mods I think.

Recreate?' date=' sounds amazing something I could help you with very much so :)[/color']

It was a monumental task getting the best live appearances that i could find from youtube. I dont wish to do it again. I will see if someone can dig it up. You can try something similar if you want.

It was a monumental task getting the best live appearances that i could find from youtube. I dont wish to do it again. I will see if someone can dig it up. You can try something similar if you want.

Damn sounds amazing' date=' and something that I would love to listen to. Maybe it was added to the archive thread?[/color']

• 7 years later...
On 4/1/2012 at 7:33 PM, cristianoballotelli said:

It was a music video in late 90's early 2000's. She was a bald african american singer who kinda looked like Skin, but it wasn't her. Most of the video featured her lounging on a couch, in what looked like an alley. she made references to her life based on year...ex. "It's was 1983..." Then in 1985"". she had a very powerful voice! any help would be useful, but it's not grace jones or Skin(deborah Dyer)!

Anyone knows song or hers name?

Nothing I would change by Janice Robinson. Used to be lead singer for Living Joy. Song starts out in 1974 and works up through the years.