Dani Pacheco wonder kid

Liverpool have raided Barcelona to sign one of their prized young talents in the shape of Dani Pacheco.

The 16-year-old has shunned their offer of professional terms at Camp Nou in order to pen a three-year deal at Anfield.

Barca youth coach Garcia Pimienta admitted losing Pacheco was a huge blow to the club.

"It is a great loss for the club because he is a forward with a lot of quality," Garcia told Sport.

"He has been our top goalscorer and has already played for the youth team.

"Alongside Thiago Alcantara and Gai Assulin, he is one of the cadets we had the most hope for, but nothing can be done anymore.

"Everything happened very suddenly."

Liverpool have continued their youth recruitment policy with the latest acquisition being teenage striker Dani Pacheco, who has arrived at Anfield on a three-year deal rejecting professional contract at Barcelona.

16-year-old Dani, who had joined Barca from Malaga three years ago, goes by the nickname of The Killer, will join new arrivals Alex Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Nikolai Mikhailov, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon at the Reds reserves.

Barca youth coach Garcia Pimienta said that Dani’s move to England is a “great loss” to the Catalan giants.

"It is a great loss for the club because he is a forward with a lot of quality," Garcia told Sport. "He has been our top goalscorer and has already played for the youth team.

"Alongside Thiago Alcantara and Gai Assulin, he is one of the cadets we had the most hope for, but nothing can be done anymore. Everything happened very suddenly."

Pacheco, one of the pearls of the youth team, 'flees' to Liverpool

The never ending story. England has set it's sights yet another one of the emerging figures in the blaugrana youth setup and, this time, they've managed to pry it away from Barça. In this occasion, the 'robbery' has been committed by Liverpool, who have taken Daniel Pacheco with them, central forward of the you-16 team.

The young player, who, despite having just turned 16 this past January, has already been used regularly for Alex Garcia for the you-18A, has decided to accept the 'Reds' offer to play in England for the next 3 seasons. Although Barça has tried to keep the player under it's wing, the agreement between the English club and the player is irreversible.

Garcia Pimienta, his manager at the you-16A's this season, considers that he is "a big loss for the club because we're talking about a striker with lots of quality and a goalscorer. He's been our top goalscorer, reaching almost 30 goals and he's already played with the you-18A's, so i don't think this is a sporting issue, because he is highly valued at the club". The coach considers that "along with Thiago Alcantara and Gai Assulin he is one of the you-16 players with best prospects that we have, but there is nothing we can do now. It all happen very fast".

Dani Pacheco arrived in Barcelona from his native Malaga and has spent the last four years at the club. Now, like Cesc, Pique or Fran Merida before him, he's gone to England.

Guest the plummer

Re: Dani Pacheco wonder kid

looks like a good signing but i can see him geting games any time soon maybe a long term investment when he eventaully gets added after a first team game but who noes he might turn to drink when in the clubs of liverpool and end up a junkie who noes , certainly won to look out for tho

• 1 year later...

TBH Plessis has been terribole for the reserves this season and has gone downhill. Jay Spearing is a much better bet to get a few first team appearances next season in midfield.

Insua is already getting a few games. San Jose and Martin Kelly are highly rated in defence. I mentioned Spearing. Then we have a wealth of attacking talent in Nemeth, Pacheco, Eccleston and a young Fin by the name of Laurent Dalla Valle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daragh

I watch the reserves a lot. He is class. He impressed in pre season to for the first team too. But tbh I think he is a bit lightweight for the Prem atm but he is only 17 so he has plenty of time. Hopefully he will get some cup games next season.

I watch the reserves a lot. He is class. He impressed in pre season to for the first team too. But tbh I think he is a bit lightweight for the Prem atm but he is only 17 so he has plenty of time. Hopefully he will get some cup games next season.

Nearly everyone on the liverpool forum says that he is lightweight :( Can't wait for him to make his debut, i reckon he could be a better impact substitute player than ngog.

Nearly everyone on the liverpool forum says that he is lightweight :( Can't wait for him to make his debut' date=' i reckon he could be a better impact substitute player than ngog.[/quote']

In fairness to Ngog, he's been pretty good when you factor in his age and that he's had to move away from home and learn a new language.

I think he could turn out to be quite a signing for us in the future.

But yes I would love to see Pacheco feature in the first team..if only for the carling cup.

he is slightly ligtweight..i fancy lauri dalle valle who will definately make the break through and nemeth's chances ahead of him (now that nemeth has returned from injury hopefully:)) dalla valle has been nothing short of class and has also receieved great praise from hyypia. dani on the other hand is very talented but need to strenghten up.

Guest Daragh

Nearly everyone on the liverpool forum says that he is lightweight :( Can't wait for him to make his debut' date=' i reckon he could be a better impact substitute player than ngog.[/quote']

But the good thing is, that he is only 17 so time is on his side. He has plenty of time. I agree with what you said, Pacheco could be a better impact substitute player than ngog. Pacheco is a player who can make things happen. I think Nemeth will get his chance first though.