Fed up of Messi

TalentSearcher

People may laugh but it's true, He not the world's best

To start off -

Messi needs Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas - 3 of the best eye of a needle passers in the world so Messi needs to put in 60% effort

Messi does dive... he not all sunshine and flowers, ALL players dive and exanple is Del Horno moment

Messi mostly scores either 3 ways - Lobbing the keeper, rounding/tap in or aim for the keepers far post, you hardly see him do anything else

Wow Messi broke barcelona all time scoring record at 24, but when did he start, was it 16/17? so 7 years or more

Messi dribble past players which is skill to some people evenknow the same people are saying La Liga don't put in dangerous tackles, if they dont put in tackles then anyone can basically walk around the pitch, In Football, your ment to be physical and put in tackles, but no one wants to be known in injuring Messi... he's god to everyone

The Only player to score 5 in 1 game in the champions league, 4 of the 5 goals was what i put above on how he scores

You hardly see Messi header, do Free kicks, shot from 30+ yards out

Internationally

He has Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Aguero but he couldn't manage to score in the WC or Copa America - I thought he was suppose to be the best in the world

IN the world cup, Messi had the most shot in the whole tourament - 0 goals that is disgusting

And Lastly Trophies, People talk about oh he won this, this and this - I thought trophies was a team effort and not 1 man

Re: Fed up of Messi

people may laugh but it's true' date=' he not the world's best

[b']to start off -[/b]

messi needs xavi, iniesta or fabregas - 3 of the best eye of a needle passers in the world so messi needs to put in 60% effort

messi does dive... He not all sunshine and flowers, all players dive and exanple is del horno moment

messi mostly scores either 3 ways - lobbing the keeper, rounding/tap in or aim for the keepers far post, you hardly see him do anything else

wow messi broke barcelona all time scoring record at 24, but when did he start, was it 16/17? So 7 years or more

messi dribble past players which is skill to some people evenknow the same people are saying la liga don't put in dangerous tackles, if they dont put in tackles then anyone can basically walk around the pitch, in football, your ment to be physical and put in tackles, but no one wants to be known in injuring messi... He's god to everyone

the only player to score 5 in 1 game in the champions league, of the 5 goals was what i put above on how he scores

you hardly see messi header, do free kicks, shot from 30+ yards out

internationally

he has tevez, higuain, pastore, aguero but he couldn't manage to score in the wc or copa america - i thought he was suppose to be the best in the world

in the world cup, messi had the most shot in the whole tourament - 0 goals that is disgusting

and lastly trophies, people talk about oh he won this, this and this - i thought trophies was a team effort and not 1 man

best thread in this forum, quite possibly the greatest post every made by man, i salute you sir ;)

I'll try the stats route again although I fear I may be banging my head on a brick wall here:

Messi:

2012/13 Internationals - Played 1, Goals 3

Ronaldo:

2012/13 Internationals - Played 1, Goals 0

Messi:

2011/12 La Liga Season - Played 29, Goals 36, Total Shots 156, Assists 10

Shots per goal = 4.333

Goals per game = 1.241

Ronaldo:

2011/12 La Liga Season - Played 30, Goals 37, Total Shots 200, Assists 10

Shots per goal = 5.405

Goals per game = 1.233

Note that this season he's taken 46 less shots and has a better goals per game ratio.

Now let's look at the Champions League.

Messi:

2011/12 Champions League - Played 9, Goals 14, Total Shots 64, Assists 4

Shots per goal = 4.571

Goals per game = 1.555

Ronaldo

2011/12 Champions League - Played 8, Goals 8, Total Shots 59, Assists 2

Shots per goal = 7.375

Goals per game = 1.000

Once again, fewer shots but more goals per game for Messi. Oh, and the 2 extra assists.

Should I start compiling what will be similar looking stats from the last few seasons that show Messi's total contribution to Barcelona has been better than Ronaldo's to Real or will this do?

Please, please, please don't just come back with a random opinion once again.

People may laugh but it's true' date=' He not the world's best

[b']To start off -[/b]

Messi needs Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas - 3 of the best eye of a needle passers in the world so Messi needs to put in 60% effort

Messi does dive... he not all sunshine and flowers, ALL players dive and exanple is Del Horno moment

Messi mostly scores either 3 ways - Lobbing the keeper, rounding/tap in or aim for the keepers far post, you hardly see him do anything else

Wow Messi broke barcelona all time scoring record at 24, but when did he start, was it 16/17? so 7 years or more

Messi dribble past players which is skill to some people evenknow the same people are saying La Liga don't put in dangerous tackles, if they dont put in tackles then anyone can basically walk around the pitch, In Football, your ment to be physical and put in tackles, but no one wants to be known in injuring Messi... he's god to everyone

The Only player to score 5 in 1 game in the champions league, 4 of the 5 goals was what i put above on how he scores

Internationally

He has Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Aguero but he couldn't manage to score in the WC or Copa America - I thought he was suppose to be the best in the world

IN the world cup, Messi had the most shot in the whole tourament - 0 goals that is disgusting

And Lastly Trophies, People talk about oh he won this, this and this - I thought trophies was a team effort and not 1 man

completely agree with u,great topic

I'll try the stats route again although I fear I may be banging my head on a brick wall here:

Messi:

2012/13 Internationals - Played 1' date=' Goals 3

Ronaldo:

2012/13 Internationals - Played 1, Goals 0

Messi:

2011/12 La Liga Season - Played 29, Goals 36, [b']Total Shots 156[/b], Assists 10

Shots per goal = 4.333

Goals per game = 1.241

Ronaldo:

2011/12 La Liga Season - Played 30, Goals 37, Total Shots 200, Assists 10

Shots per goal = 5.405

Goals per game = 1.233

Note that this season he's taken 46 less shots and has a better goals per game ratio.

Now let's look at the Champions League.

Messi:

2011/12 Champions League - Played 9, Goals 14, Total Shots 64, Assists 4

Shots per goal = 4.571

Goals per game = 1.555

Ronaldo

2011/12 Champions League - Played 8, Goals 8, Total Shots 59, Assists 2

Shots per goal = 7.375

Goals per game = 1.000

Once again, fewer shots but more goals per game for Messi. Oh, and the 2 extra assists.

Should I start compiling what will be similar looking stats from the last few seasons that show Messi's total contribution to Barcelona has been better than Ronaldo's to Real or will this do?

Please, please, please don't just come back with a random opinion once again.

Random opinion lol

Idc about ratios etc, Assists mean nothing to strikers, they are paid to score

Ronaldo only been at Real Madrid for 4 years and broken records by hitting 40 goals in la liga, hitting over 100 goals in 92 games and Real Madrid keeps changing

Messi been at Barcelona for 7/8 years, the team never changes

what about WC or Copa America? Ronaldo hit 8 goals in 7 games in the Euro Qualifiers

All Ronaldo did is jump from club to club going to bigger clubs and I doubt Ronaldo will go any where else since the next step up is Barcalona and any other club will be a step down. So because Messi is already at the best club in the world moving any where else will be a massive step down. Plus hasent Messi scored the most goals in the Champions league for the last 3/4 years in a row and is looking like making it one more?

All Ronaldo did is jump from club to club going to bigger clubs and I doubt Ronaldo will go any where else since the next step up is Barcalona and any other club will be a step down. So because Messi is already at the best club in the world moving any where else will be a massive step down. Plus hasent Messi scored the most goals in the Champions league for the last 3/4 years in a row and is looking like making it one more?

That because in platini eyes barcelona cant do wrong, and how many decision has barcelona got a lot the way, about 8 maybe 9

People may laugh but it's true' date=' He not the world's best

[b']To start off -[/b]

Internationally

What's wrong with lobbing the keeper or scoring at the far post, it requires skill to lob the keeper and accuracy to get the ball in the corner of the net, compared to other attackers who just boot the ball with all their power and hope it goes in the net.

The bit below that is just ridiculous, you try to undermine that achievement with a pointless argument.

I agree with Adam, you must have a fetish for Ronaldo.

True point tho

Look how many times he does either them 3 ways - I gave u an Example when he score the 5 goals in the CL

I'm not going to even argue with you about this point because it's a silly point end of. You wont change my mind on that.

How about you just give up Ronaldo will not come back to Manchester United. When he is done with Madrid some Qatar club or Anzhi will buy him.

This Season in La Liga

Games:

Messi: 29

Ronaldo: 30

Goals:

Messi: 36

Ronaldo: 37

Average Goals:

Messi: 1.241

Ronaldo: 1.233

Average Shots Per Game:

Messi: 5.739

Ronaldo: 6.666

Assists:

Messi: 10

Ronaldo: 10

Average Assists:

Messi: 2.9

Ronaldo: 3

messi is a top draw footballer..

i just totally hav no respect for him wot so ever due to the whole growth hormone episode..

it is a world wide banned substance from rugby to the olympics to such a wide variation of sports yet everybody seems 2 overlook the fact that this guy was brought up by barcelona on the stuff..

its an absoloute disgrace.. i know the whole of wot its intentions are and wot it can contribute 2 and it is such an advantage over the normal average joe..

Right, this thread is showing me;

Stats/figures = Messi is better

Random nonsense opinions from a United fan = Ronaldo is better.

I know which one of the two I pay more attention to.

And oh, a few more stats for you;

- Messi was named winner of the 2009 Ballon d'Or on 1 December 2009, beating runner-up Cristiano Ronaldo by largest ever margin of 473 to 233.

- He was given the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2009, beating Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi, Kaká and Andrés Iniesta to the award.

- He was named La Liga player of the year for the second year in a row on 3 June 2010.

- Messi won the 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or

- Messi won the 2011 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, beating his Barcelona team-mate Xavi Hernández and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

-Messi won the 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or, again beating his team-mate Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Notice the trend of him beating Cristiano Ronaldo to each and every one of these awards, but of course, you'll probably say that's a co-incidence because Ronaldo has a better free-kick and that's more important than 3 Ballon d'Or's.

Right' date=' this thread is showing me;

Stats/figures = Messi is better

Random nonsense opinions from a United fan = Ronaldo is better.

I know which one of the two I pay more attention to.

And oh, a few more stats for you;

- Messi was named winner of the 2009 Ballon d'Or on 1 December 2009, beating runner-up Cristiano Ronaldo by largest ever margin of 473 to 233.

- He was given the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 2009, beating Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi, Kaká and Andrés Iniesta to the award.

- He was named La Liga player of the year for the second year in a row on 3 June 2010.

- Messi won the 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or

- Messi won the 2011 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, beating his Barcelona team-mate Xavi Hernández and Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.

-Messi won the 2011 FIFA Ballon d'Or, again beating his team-mate Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Notice the trend of him beating Cristiano Ronaldo to each and every one of these awards, but of course, you'll probably say that's a co-incidence because Ronaldo has a better free-kick and that's more important than 3 Ballon d'Or's.[/quote']

Messi also has a higher rating in Fifa ;)

Messi is predictable and ronaldo not

What an interesting stat, oh, wait no, it's just another biased opinion. Care to throw another one into the mix that has nothing to do with stats or awards?

I'm yet to see a post from you on the subject of Messi/Ronaldo that isn't filled with opinions and I'm also yet to see a post from you that shows any stats that shows Ronaldo to be a better player.

Face it, Messi is the best in the World, Ronaldo is not and just because he played for Manchester United doesn't make him God. Do you think that Michael Carrick is better than Frank Lampard? Maybe Fabio da Silva is better than Lahm? Wouldn't surprise me if you said they were.

What an interesting stat' date=' oh, wait no, it's just another biased opinion. Care to throw another one into the mix that has nothing to do with stats or awards?

I'm yet to see a post from you on the subject of Messi/Ronaldo that isn't filled with opinions and I'm also yet to see a post from you that shows any stats that shows Ronaldo to be a better player.

Face it, Messi is the best in the World, Ronaldo is not and just because he played for Manchester United doesn't make him God. Do you think that Michael Carrick is better than Frank Lampard? Maybe Fabio da Silva is better than Lahm? Wouldn't surprise me if you said they were.[/quote']

Clapping.gif