Fed up of Messi

TalentSearcher

Guest Scout Maker

Re: Fed up of Messi

There's no point arguing, I don't think you're ever going to admit Messi is better, even though the pages of stats and facts are right there in front of you.

Funny how the only two people who agree with you are Madrid fans...:rolleyes:

There's no point arguing' date=' I don't think you're ever going to admit Messi is better, even though the pages of stats and facts are right there in front of you.

Funny how the only two people who agree with you are Madrid fans...:rolleyes:[/quote']

I don't support Madrid, I support Gotze United ;)

Every Thursday night playing Europa league football.

yh I know what you meant :P

If he was playing CL football he would run rings around Pique, Ramos, Puyol you name it, he would probably nutmeg the hobbit Messi who would perform yet another oscar-winning performance and cry on the floor ;)

yh I know what you meant :P

If he was playing CL football he would run rings around Pique' date=' Ramos, Puyol you name it, he would probably nutmeg the hobbit Messi who would perform yet another oscar-winning performance and cry on the floor ;)[/quote']

So hes the German Heskey?

Guest Scout Maker

Messi is a great player in a great team' date=' undoubtedly. However he is absurdly overrated - I mean I've heard people proclaiming him as the best footballer EVER!? He's not even the current best footballer.[/quote']

Would you care to tell us who is then?

Would you care to tell us who is then?

Well I'm not going to tell you who "is" the best, as the ranking of players will always be unique to each person - in my opinion it is Cristiano Ronaldo. However I'm not sure the purpose of this thread is to discuss who may/may not be the best, simply discussing how Messi is over-hyped.

Barcelona's Lionel Messi goes past 60-goal mark for the season

Sorry for bumping this pointless thread but this article caught my eye' date=' truly remarkable. Unless he gets injured, he should easily surpass Muller's record ;)[/quote']

World's best player for sure in my eyes but Ronaldo isn't far behind. These two are something special indeed and nobody can come close. Ronaldo is on 60 goals and has to play against Valencia today.

Pele once again being biased against Messi:

"There's always this (Diego) Maradona comparison, saying that he's better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn't yet. He (Messi) has more experience."

there is absolutely no use in arguing about this. Messi is a great player? Yes. But he is also a selfish, diving, glory hogging, give-me-the-ball-or-i-wont-score midget(same applies to ronaldo but in a tad lesser way and the midget). Im not very sure of the growth hormone stuff. If Pele/Cruff were playing in these times, they would have given him a good thrashing in the field. How can 'the best player in the world' play absolutely very less/no good games for his country? Why is it that for every good game barcelona have, its only messi, xavi, iniesta and fab who get the credit? I feel that so many barca players(including those youngsters like tello, cuenca) have a much more vital part to play than the 'always faultless three'(excluding fab). A few days ago as well, Sebastian Vettel in an interview at the nou camp said that he prefered xavi to messi as xavi had an all-round footballing brain... And this is the La Liga guys, where there are hardly 7-8 clubs that would even put up a fight and we constantly see teams like real and barca winning 6-0, 7-0... What kind of league do you call that??? And only a really biased+blind fan would disagree that most of the decisions go barca's way? This is honestly my totally unbiased opinion. Thank u for ur time...:-D