Fed up of Messi

TalentSearcher

Re: Fed up of Messi

there is absolutely no use in arguing about this. Messi is a great player? Yes. But he is also a selfish' date=' diving, glory hogging, give-me-the-ball-or-i-wont-score midget(same applies to ronaldo but in a tad lesser way and the midget).[/b'] Im not very sure of the growth hormone stuff. If Pele/Cruff were playing in these times, they would have given him a good thrashing in the field. How can 'the best player in the world' play absolutely very less/no good games for his country? Why is it that for every good game barcelona have, its only messi, xavi, iniesta and fab who get the credit? I feel that so many barca players(including those youngsters like tello, cuenca) have a much more vital part to play than the 'always faultless three'(excluding fab). A few days ago as well, Sebastian Vettel in an interview at the nou camp said that he prefered xavi to messi as xavi had an all-round footballing brain... And this is the La Liga guys, where there are hardly 7-8 clubs that would even put up a fight and we constantly see teams like real and barca winning 6-0, 7-0... What kind of league do you call that??? And only a really biased *** blind fan would disagree that most of the decisions go barca's way? This is honestly my totally unbiased opinion. Thank u for ur time...:-D

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/03/30/2997825/he-was-sobbing-like-a-child-whose-favourite-toy-had-been

Quote taken from a new book about Ronaldo written by somebody who has known him all his life

He was nicknamed 'cry-baby'. He cried and got angry very easily - if a team-mate didn't pass him the ball, if he or someone else missed a goal or a pass, or if the team team wasn't playing how he wanted

Sorry Messi is and will be the best footballer in the world.

there is absolutely no use in arguing about this. Messi is a great player? Yes. But he is also a selfish' date=' diving, glory hogging, give-me-the-ball-or-i-wont-score midget(same applies to ronaldo but in a tad lesser way and the midget). Im not very sure of the growth hormone stuff. If Pele/Cruff were playing in these times, they would have given him a good thrashing in the field. How can 'the best player in the world' play absolutely very less/no good games for his country? Why is it that for every good game barcelona have, its only messi, xavi, iniesta and fab who get the credit? I feel that so many barca players(including those youngsters like tello, cuenca) have a much more vital part to play than the 'always faultless three'(excluding fab). A few days ago as well, Sebastian Vettel in an interview at the nou camp said that he prefered xavi to messi as xavi had an all-round footballing brain... And this is the La Liga guys, where there are hardly 7-8 clubs that would even put up a fight and we constantly see teams like real and barca winning 6-0, 7-0... What kind of league do you call that??? And only a really biased+blind fan would disagree that most of the decisions go barca's way? This is honestly my totally unbiased opinion. Thank u for ur time...:-D[/quote']

Wow, another Man United fan on fine form about the Messi/Ronaldo subject...dear or dear.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/03/30/2997825/he-was-sobbing-like-a-child-whose-favourite-toy-had-been

Quote taken from a new book about Ronaldo written by somebody who has known him all his life

Sorry Messi is and will be the best footballer in the world.

im not saying that ronaldo is the worlds best player as well.

If messi played in the prem, without any defender knowing who he was, he would be called a worse diver than suarez, so too ronaldo but he has already been there.

Wow' date=' another Man United fan on fine form about the Messi/Ronaldo subject...dear or dear.[/quote']

how many times do i have to say,IM A UNITED FAN, NOT A RONALDO FAN!!!. I posted that first post with utmost respect to all senior forumers.IM NOT EVEN A BIT BIASED FGS!!. I give every player and team the respect they are due. I am very proud to say that i still haven't posted a biased comment in my entire stay here. All that i posted was purely my opinion and all the knowledge i gathered. And to keep on topic, i honestly feel Xavi>Messi in all round aspects.

Xavi is a great player. His technical ability is paralleled only by Messi and his vision is better.

However, I think Messi has more ability to beat a team by himself; he can conjure something from nothing. That puts him slightly higher in my books.

I will not say Messi is the greatest/best footballer in the world until he has done it on the international stage. As the Spanish league isn't the best outside the top 6 really arguably the top 2 who are consistently thrashing all other 14/18 teams by 3/4 goals or more.

Ronaldo needs to do it as well and as far as I'm concerned Xavi dominates the club game and international game so therefore he is the best in the world IN MY OPINION.

Just a couple of stats on Messi...

Club - 208 games - 158 goals...impressive but as I said La Liga not the hardest outside the top teams...

International - 68 games - 22 goals...not so impressive, and mostly I would imagine vs South American teams where outside Brazil and arguably Uruguay is not the best continent for football...

David Villa:-

Club - 368 games - 201 goals - Not as impressive as Messi, but...

International - 82 games - 51 goals - More impressive than Messi and there are much harder opposition than South America in Europe. But arguably you could say that is because Xavi is in the middle of Spain's midfield...

People say that Messi doesn't have the midfield for Argentina that he does for Barca, but all that tells me is that Barca's midfield make Messi what he is. People also say that Messi is more of a 'playmaker' for Argentina...well what happened to Cambiasso/Banega/Pastore/Tevez/Aguero/Higuain etc.

So therefore I present to you the reason's why I think Xavi is the best player in the world at this current time. Shoot me down if you like but I won't change my opinion...B)

EDIT: People also say I don't like Messi, due to being a United fan...well of course it is that's why I think another Barca player is the best :rolleyes:

All that i posted was purely my opinion

Yep, I know. Exactly like the other Man United fan that was here. All opinions and no stats to back it up. The stats were posted pages ago, Messi > Ronaldo in all aspects. How anyone can think otherwise really is beyond me.

Ronaldo is a great player, but he's not the best. He's a whiny, diving, cheating man with a god-complex who has a lower total contribution stat that Messi and also requires more shots per goal than Messi. Messi also averages more goals per game and more assists per game.

Messi is the best player in the world......

End of story.

With all due respect to anybody who thinks differently I think you are completely off your rocker.

The guy is a genius, a phenomenon, and instead of bitter people picking at him all the time, they should be appreciating his brilliance, his artistry and just plain enjoying watching arguably the greatest player to have walked the planet strutting his stuff and entertaining us on a weekly basis.

I don't think I will ever tire of Messi, just like I won't tire of Barcelona, watching football played at it's beautiful best is just a joy to behold.

It is an honoured and a privilege to be alive in this era to watch such brilliance.

the debate over the best player in the world is irrelevant for nearly every single member of this forum who will be to young to remember the other players mentioned in this category usually be it Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Best, Phil Thompson ;)

All I can say is without doubt in my lifetime watching football Messi is hands down the greatest player to have lived.

Lionel I salute you Sir :)

Also there is actually another Lionel Messi:p;)

Plays in France dosn't he?

as for the real Messi :P he is just an outstanding player, consistently makes goals from no-where, not one off's like ben afas ect and his composure in situations is 2nd to none.

Internationally hes not really done anything, but Argentina tend not to like him too much either as hes been in Spain at Barca since he was 14, so you could argue he's not had a true chance on that stage and is only reluctantly picked.

As for best player ever - I honestly don't think you could just give that to one player, as every player has different attributes from Tom Finny, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona ect ect

Exactly he is selfish unlike Xavi:p

Every single striker who's ever played professional football is 'selfish'. Sometimes having the confidence to beat a player or shoot on goal yourself is better than passing to someone else and delaying the move allowing defenders to get back or passing to someone whose finishing isn't as good and missing the opportunity.

The amount of assists Messi has makes it obvious he passes when it's necessary but the number of goals he scores from a relatively tiny amount of shots means he isn't overly selfish at all.

I'm Back

you say the stats that Messi has fewer shots etc - rubbish stats

when do you see Messi shooting over and over, from 30 yards, 40 yards, 40 yards free kicks etc, you only see him scoring mostly in the box either rounding the keeper, lobbing or keeper far post

Did Messi make a mistake vs Chelsea, Nooo, it can't be, everyone thinks the sun shine out of his .....

Did the commentator say Messi an honest player *cough* del horno *cough* i roll over 5 times look at the ref quickly and roll around more *cough*

Ronaldo on the other hand, shoot from anywhere, free kick deadly, he would even try impossible angles

thats why his shootinfg ratio highly as he not afraid to shoot

Like I said Balon D'Or can easily be fixed like most thing i.e champs league draws

Platini etc can easily change who can win, doesn't show who everyone voted for

Ronaldo

since joining Real 137 in 137 plus he had a broken ankle at the start which could of changed his career

8 goals in 7 games in euro qualifier

1 goal in the WC which more then Messi in the WC and Copa America and Portugal had harder team to play

Ronaldo the 2nd quickest player in england and maybe the world after Valencia

Watch Ronaldo: tested to the limit - all the Proof is there

People may laugh but it's true' date=' He not the world's best

[b']To start off -[/b]

Messi needs Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas - 3 of the best eye of a needle passers in the world so Messi needs to put in 60% effort

Messi does dive... he not all sunshine and flowers, ALL players dive and exanple is Del Horno moment

Messi mostly scores either 3 ways - Lobbing the keeper, rounding/tap in or aim for the keepers far post, you hardly see him do anything else

Wow Messi broke barcelona all time scoring record at 24, but when did he start, was it 16/17? so 7 years or more

Messi dribble past players which is skill to some people evenknow the same people are saying La Liga don't put in dangerous tackles, if they dont put in tackles then anyone can basically walk around the pitch, In Football, your ment to be physical and put in tackles, but no one wants to be known in injuring Messi... he's god to everyone

The Only player to score 5 in 1 game in the champions league, 4 of the 5 goals was what i put above on how he scores

You hardly see Messi header, do Free kicks, shot from 30+ yards out

Internationally

He has Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Aguero but he couldn't manage to score in the WC or Copa America - I thought he was suppose to be the best in the world

IN the world cup, Messi had the most shot in the whole tourament - 0 goals that is disgusting

And Lastly Trophies, People talk about oh he won this, this and this - I thought trophies was a team effort and not 1 man

Of course he does....Messi's a striker......his job is to score goals......Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas's primary role is to provide the ball....Messi does what it says on the box....extremely well....there's nothing more to say.

This thread is relevant to my interests :)

2010's Balon Dor should have gone to Sneijder yet he didnt even make the top 3....

That's unfortunate to be fair. Thats the year Inter won the CL and Serie A didnt they and he was in the world cup final? I see Ronaldo didnt make top 3 too...